Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Cecil the Lion’s Alleged Killer ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 26
Cecil the Lion’s Alleged Killer ...Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
what he did was poaching.

and given his past record, I don't believe his apology either.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 27
Cecil the Lion’s Alleged Killer ...
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:08:21 AM

U.S. authorities launch investigation into Cecil the lion’s killer Walter Palmer:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/u-s-authorities-investigate-cecil-lion-slaying-article-1.2309023
 gtomustang
Msg: 28
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:11:32 AM
"on what planet is either Ted Nugent or Rush Limbaugh considered to be "responsible hunters"?"

>>>>apparently on this little planet. Not to defend Mungo ,but where did he say "responsible hunters"? He said gun nutters and tea baggers. Are they responsible hunters? Its like the argument some crazy active shooter can't be a racist. b/c apparently, racists aren't crazy and gun nutters are responsible people. there's a reason the word "nut" is in there taking the place of "owner".

when white tail fever hits, everyone thinks they can make the killing shot. they don't want to wait for another opportunity. consider the moron up in Maine who pulled the trigger b/c he mistook a white glove in a gardener's back pocket for a raised deer tail.

believe it or not...there are idiots who own guns. gun owners tend to mouth this, but then get upset when anyone else says the same thing. its not a slippery slope to admit, you got idiots in your herd. its the classic first step to solving a problem--admitting there is one.

everyone wishes for the right to self-police, but they take their time doing so. afraid to lose that membership donation money, maybe.
 chameleonf
Msg: 29
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:17:22 AM
Makes you wonder if he collects all the teeth he's ever pulled as a competition in order to match or beat a number of someone else, such as in this case of collecting: http://factstore.info/collection-made-of-more-than-of-two-million-of-teeth-or-little-hobby-of-giovanni-battista-orsenigo-monk-and-dentist/

I can understand hunting in the wild for food and more particularly when it's licensed to cull the numbers out of necessity in certain areas and when it's done as humanely as possible (not that the meats we put on our tables from the grocery store are obtained in the most humane way), but to kill for the sake of collecting or for one upmanship is so ego driven it's pathetic.
 tallish3243
Msg: 30
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:31:06 AM
Neither hide nor hair could be found of the 55-year-old who has proudly killed at least 43 animals over the years with his bow and arrow, including a polar bear, walrus, wolf, California bighorn sheep and a rhinoceros. . .

The controversial dentist also apparently preyed on women and settled a sexual harassment lawsuit in 2009 for $127,500 to a former employee. The woman alleged in court papers that Palmer made unwanted contact with her breasts, buttocks and genitals.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cecil-lion-killer-part-elite-hunting-group-article-1.2307692
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 31
Posted: 7/30/2015 9:26:38 AM

On what planet is either Ted Nugent or Rush Limbaugh considered to be "responsible hunters"?

Apparently... THIS one...

According to our "Won't somebody PLEASE think of the 2nd Amendment!?!" crowd from further south... And given the way NRA gunnutters seem to hang on Nugent's every word whenever a "gun issue" comes up... He is one of their prime "celebrity supporters"...

That dentist is not, and never HAS been, a hunter - any more than Ted Nugent or Rush Limbaugh.

I don't disagree... I wonder if the gunnutters down south would agree... seeing as they seem to feel they NEED their guns for just that reason... THEY are the one's who call what they do "hunting"...

After all... even native-born, lived-their-whole-life-there "bushmeat" collectors consider lion no better than "by-catch"... Of course, most "full fledged" carnivores aren't really that tasty to begin with...
 _babblefish
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/30/2015 11:39:57 AM

What is it about killing that makes them feel like men?

sigh, unfortunately some c**** get hard nipples from doing the same, Ricky Gervais openly ridiculed
Rebecca Francis from Utah for posting her disgusting images on twitter, **** smiling away laying next to
her kill:

a giraffe
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 33
Posted: 7/30/2015 11:52:10 AM

sigh, unfortunately some c**** get hard nipples from doing the same, Ricky Gervais openly ridiculed
Rebecca Francis from Utah for posting her disgusting images on twitter, **** smiling away laying next to
her kill:

Which is exactly why men shouldn't have anything to do with running the world... It would be a much happier place if you ladies just turned us men into your sex-slaves and took over...
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/30/2015 11:52:16 AM
Poor, pathetic son of a biatch. Middle aged, doesn't see too well, pudgy, balding, doesn't read people too well, not getting much nookie, preys on dental assistants, and then pays for the privilege. What a frooking winner we have here.

We're coming up on hunting season here, and every year's exquisite hunter's story. We have the hunter in Montana who bagged a llama, and had to be told at the tagging station it wasn't a deer. Locally, we had a hunter bag a tabby--which he thought was an "African Wild Cat". Also, locally, a guy who bagged his hunting partner, thinking he was a wild turkey. Since it was deer season, he was ticketed for not only unsafe discharge of a firearm, but also hunting turkey out of season (which is a HUGE fine).

And the Karma Fairy hasn't even put in her 2¢. . . .
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/30/2015 12:10:03 PM

Poor, pathetic son of a biatch. Middle aged, doesn't see too well, pudgy, balding, doesn't read people too well, not getting much nookie, preys on dental assistants, and then pays for the privilege. What a frooking winner we have here.

What do you want to bet he goes through a lot more nitrous oxide than other dentists...?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 36
Posted: 7/30/2015 12:41:36 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-says-will-review-cecil-the-lion-petition/ar-AAdJtmH

^ right now, this guy should start worrying!
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 37
Posted: 7/30/2015 1:15:34 PM

What do you want to bet he goes through a lot more nitrous oxide than other dentists...?

Gold, Mungo, pure gold!
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 38
Posted: 7/30/2015 1:49:05 PM
Even though the OT was about a Bow Hunter, I shouldn't be Surprised that the Hoplophobic Posters would show up in Force and start on Gun Owners in General.......
 import_from_uk
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/30/2015 2:04:14 PM

Which is exactly why men shouldn't have anything to do with running the world... It would be a much happier place if you ladies just turned us men into your sex-slaves and took over...

We're working on it. Some more successfully than others.
 _babblefish
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/30/2015 2:26:31 PM

Even though the OT was about a Bow Hunter, I shouldn't be Surprised that the Hoplophobic Posters would show up in Force and start on Gun Owners in General.......

where's your sense of haha. . t'is the season when them fudd's cross the border an git all up in a snit cuz they can't
bring in hand guns, telling the border guards 'whaddya mean !!! "we's going huntin' grizzly bars".. < true story

me personally, I'd let them in and say, yep, bestest way to bag a grizzly is with a hand gun

good huntin'
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/30/2015 2:44:51 PM
The summer I drove to Alaska with my (homesteading) aunt, there was a story going around that had just happened: five or six young airmen, camping, all with high powered rifles, had had their tent broken into by a grizzly. Despite all the men emptying their guns at nearly point blank range, the bear had killed them all, and run several miles before dying himself.

May the dumbest among us get their wishes filled. . . .
 11qq
Msg: 42
Cecil the Lion and baby killing mills
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:32:22 PM
ABC, NBC and CBS gave 33 minutes coverage to the lion.

they gave 11 minutes to cover the baby slaughtering mills and abortion clinics that are selling baby body parts.

thousands of babies a day are crushed and then dissected for their sellable parts.

half a billion American tax payer dollars goes to these GHOULS, BUTCHERS and modern day DR. FRANKENSTEINS.

but the lion is more important and the dentist is EVIL?????

the liberal ghouls are the real evil.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 7/30/2015 8:51:54 PM
11qq:the abortion controversy has been covered non-stop for at least five decades that I am aware of. The death of this lion got only two days so far.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 44
Posted: 7/30/2015 9:23:40 PM
Here's a different view on the subject....

The world's anger at hunter Walter Palmer is understandable but misplaced

http://time.com/3976344/cecil-lion-zimbabwe-walter-palmer/
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 45
Posted: 7/30/2015 10:16:29 PM

Here's a different view on the subject....

The world's anger at hunter Walter Palmer is understandable but misplaced

http://time.com/3976344/cecil-lion-zimbabwe-walter-palmer/

It's a "different" point of view alright... and not "different" in a good way...

So it's "Zimbabwe's fault" Palmer paid $50,000 to bag this lion... It's "their fault" he CHOSE to do that... because of their poor management practices... Somehow... just SOMEhow... those policies... coerced him to part with all that money... travel all that way... to kill a lion...? Really...? Because he "could" it's their fault he "did"...?

Some more nonsense from the article...

Prominent journalist Piers Morgan said that he wanted to hunt “fat, greedy, selfish, murderous businessmen like Dr Palmer” (who is neither fat nor a businessman)

Really...? He isn't a businessman...? You mean running an obviously rather profitable dentistry practice ISN'T "running a business"... and those who do it aren't "businessmen"...?

Oh wait... I get it... It's a "Dental Practice", not a "business"... being a money-making commercial enterprise is irrelevant... and he is a "Dentist", not a "businessman"... running a money-making commercial enterprise is irrelevant...

although nobody seemed to notice that he bore the same first name as the now reviled British adventurer and colonizer Sir Cecil Rhodes, who founded the white settler state of Rhodesia, as Zimbabwe was formerly known, and whose statue was recently pulled down in Cape Town.

And this has... what... relevance to the matter...? Would it somehow be different if the lion were named "Nelson"...? or "Gandhi"...? or "Thomas Aquinas"...?

Like seriously... these are supposed to be intelligent and learned points...? Seriously...?
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/31/2015 4:19:29 AM

Zimbabwe wants Cecil the lion’s killer extradited :
The killer of Cecil the lion that has been excoriated around the world in recent days may face Zimbabwean justice for his crime. Zimbabwe’s government has asked that Walter Palmer, a dentist from Minnesota who has admitted to killing the animal, be returned to Africa to be tried.

“We are appealing to the responsible authorities for his extradition to Zimbabwe so that he can be held accountable for his illegal action,”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/07/31/zimbabwe-wants-cecil-the-lions-killer-extradited/
 deetristate
Msg: 47
Posted: 7/31/2015 4:38:18 AM
It was terrible that he killed that animal. Having worked with other conservation groups ( white rhino, wolves, etc.) I get the response.... to a point.

This record of putting people out of business and CEOships because of these things, depriving people of getting to see their dentist and threatening them if they do attempt to go to the dentist, has just gotten out of hand.

Fine him a lot of money towards conservation efforts, especially such lions. Americans feel a lot of pain when you take their money. Putting him out of business does not make much sense.
 gtomustang
Msg: 48
Free Market economy lesson, 101
Posted: 7/31/2015 8:10:16 AM
heck, its Free Market, baby! the customers are voting with their dollar bills. Its how raw capitalism deals with bad businesses--no government fines, no interference, the customers just decide not to shop there.

we should all just be so happy to watch the Free Market work as its supposed to.

but in other news....if we smear the name of this hunter, and other responsible hunters refuse to accept him as a responsible hunter, are we smearing gun owners in general? how do we make the jump from "hunter no responsible hunters want anything to do with" to "all responsible hunters" ?

first step in solving a problem, is admitting there's one in your midst. its ok to tell the idiot hunters you don't want their NRA membership money anymore, b/c they make you all look bad.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/31/2015 9:45:06 AM
The Minnesota radio station I listened to was pretty good about keeping a cool head about the incident. The host and the callers and the guests all pretty much agreed his defense of playing 'dumb' about the crime of poaching and not knowing it was a tracked animal was pathetic especially considering they tried to destroy the tracking collar. His past experience hunting big game all over the world - including Africa - means this dude pretty much knew what he was doing.

BUT - the crime WAS poaching - not murder, not genocide, not a hate crime or anything else more significant that should allow these even crazier people to unleash their vitriol and attempt to ruin or even kill the guy.

My friends that do work in the dental field in Minneapolis have been spilling the beans about the character of this man, and he sounds like what you can imagine -- an aggressive jerk, an adrenaline junkie, someone who's always looking for his next thrill. I for one am glad a jerk of that magnitude gets his comeuppance - whether or not he gets to practice dentistry anymore, he'll be forever known as 'That Lion Dude'. That alone gives me hope that humility CAN be taught to people like that.

BUT he didn't start any wars, and he's not killing humans by arrow or gun or pollution or any other means that plenty of other 'civilized' people and countries and companies have done. Have fun calling the dude "Dr. Evil" and making jokes, but his main crime is still the same. Stop trying to make him into a war criminal or the poster child for gun control or the single answer to 'all things wrong' in central Africa. He doesn't deserve a seat in the infamy hall of fame. There are plenty of other people that have done far worse. Let him go home and resume his life, minus a steep fine, and live with "That Lion Dude" sign around his neck for the rest of his life.
 tallish3243
Msg: 50
Posted: 7/31/2015 9:56:12 AM
You are giving him far too much credit. He is a psychopath of the first order. Its all about him. That he took so much from others who enjoy wildlife is more than enough in my opinion to put this guy away for life. He as pathetic a human being as is possible, a disgrace to our species. People need to be held accountable. This man has NO redeeming qualities and justice demands life in prison if not a firing squad imho.

And I will go further. . . if I heard all of the relentless criticism he gets caused him to kill himself, I would be happy to go pizz on his grave. Hope that expresses my opinion about this piece of human garbage.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Cecil the Lion’s Alleged Killer ...