Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Newly divorced trying online dating - profile review      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NeedMore_Cowbell
Msg: 76
Newly divorced trying online dating - profile reviewPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

The phrasing in the food line gives the impression you expect your viewer to be a fussy eater

I chuckled at this, because in my travels I don't think I have ever met more than 3 people who were not fussy eaters. I hope you are right, but on my last 3 dates from another site, I found 3 food allergies (pineapple, lemon, and tree nuts), one wouldn't eat any seafood, one was a vegetarian who won't eat raw tomatoes but loves tomato sauce and ketchup, and the other despised mushrooms loves seafood but hates sausage. There are really only a few things I don't like - steak and kidney pie is one of them, because no matter how you prepare it, it always smells like urine, and anything with a face that is still alive - just about everything else is fair game - except endangered species, of course.
 Forums_only
Msg: 77
Newly divorced trying online dating - profile review
Posted: 7/1/2016 8:16:45 AM
You have a great point about dating someone with kids - it was also my preference NOT to as my son is already a lot of work with his issues. But - If someone were interested in contacting you who had kids, it would be helpful. Then you could decide if you wanted to move forward.

I also agree with you on the steak and kidney pie. Who the hell thought THAT was ever a good idea!? LOL!
 DavidB417
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 7/5/2016 3:30:43 PM
When I've read females post that they wanted to date but nothing serious I never thought it meant that they just wanted to sleep around with one night stands. I just assume that they were not looking for marriage or a long-term commitment. You know like go out with someone to a movie, hiking, or another shared interest they have. It takes a lot of the pressure off both the people if they know from the git-go. It is no different than saying you don't want children in your future. That is very important for someone to know if they do want children.

I must say though you're getting a lot more messages than I receive. Mine needs some revisions though. I have made some references like you have with your headline. No matter how brilliant a person's opening line might be, if people don't get the reference it's gone for naught. Not everyone needs to get it though.
 NeedMore_Cowbell
Msg: 79
Posted: 7/9/2016 12:28:07 PM

When I've read females post that they wanted to date but nothing serious I never thought it meant that they just wanted to sleep around with one night stands. I just assume that they were not looking for marriage or a long-term commitment. You know like go out with someone to a movie, hiking, or another shared interest they have.

That is exactly what I thought, too. There is a category for "one night stands" and it is entirely different. On another site they allow you to choose more than one intention, which also makes matching easier.

I must say though you're getting a lot more messages than I receive.

I do get a few messages here and there, but mostly just meet-me and visitors. I think I'd get more messages if there wasn't an age restriction on messaging.

I wish I could say it gets better, but I've not experienced it, yet. I think for a middle-aged man in a very conservative part of the country who just wants to find some fun women to hang out with and be social, online dating is just not the right option.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Newly divorced trying online dating - profile review