Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Weird questions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tallish3243
Msg: 26
Weird questionsPage 2 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
^^^ I see, you are here only for the forums. But I am not allowed to be here only for the forums also? You make no sense.
 Peas_
Msg: 27
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 11:59:00 AM

But maybe I'm being overly-sensitive or taking it wrong?

What would you ladies say about these types of questions?

Not overly sensitive in your screening process.

Just got a fist message an hour ago, some weirdo talking about his "women's sexual manifesto", and how glad he would be to reveal it to me. Strange, strange, he sent pictures of him smoking cigs. Equating that to wanting sex as much as a cigarette I suppose. Just fvcking weird.

I said, "Thank you for taking the time to write. I am not interested in your manifesto."

I would never want to date a woman who publicized her sex life in the sex forums.
I would never want to date a woman who demeaned men the way so many do on these boards.
I would never want to date a woman who was constantly obnoxious, offensive or just plain ornery and mean.
I would never want to date a serial dater.
I would never want to date a women who appeared angry or bitter on here.

Who gives a fvck. You're married. You wouldn't want to date period if you were the up standing person you profess to be.

AND YOU'RE OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 28
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:01:14 PM
LOL, OK just for the record. I'll take 5 rennips, any day of the week, and pass/go around, on the tallish. Any questions?
 rennips1949
Msg: 29
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:05:04 PM
The difference is that I AM interested in dating&relationships, just not looking for candidates online.
You purport to be married man.
Yes, I get that people who are married or in relationships may choose to have PoF memberships and participate in the forums. I'm not sure I quite understand why.
I would not choose to do that were I in a happy marriage or relationship. That is simply a statement of my personal position, it is not meant to cast aspersions or to judge anyone.
Sorry tallish, if you can question MY presence and make "suggestions"as to what I should be doing and what sites I should be on, I can do the same to you.
Makes perfect sense to me.
 tallish3243
Msg: 30
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:05:20 PM
^^^^^^ No you wouldn't. In your wildest dreams you would not take rennip. Not to say you would take me . . . but somehow I will live :-) (actually you would . . but you would never get that chance :-)
 newoldgirl
Msg: 31
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:12:14 PM
I enjoy the forums. I don't see that they have much to do with dating, so I don't think a person's participation here indicates that they are trolling for dates. I find the comments from all ages interesting.
 lagomism
Msg: 32
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:25:33 PM

tallish3243: I would never want to date a woman who publicized her sex life in the sex forums.
I would never want to date a woman who demeaned men the way so many do on these boards.
I would never want to date a woman who was constantly obnoxious, offensive or just plain ornery and mean.
I would never want to date a serial dater.
I would never want to date a women who appeared angry or bitter on here.

I understand this. I think it unfair, and I don't share the same sentiment for myself, but I understand it. It's the pragmatic reason my forum ID is different than my dating ID. But the forum posts are just snapshots of someone in space and time...it is not 'who they are.' Everyone needs an outlet for pain and frustration. Life circumstances can be hugely disappointing, and anger is the emotion that restores personal power, and there are many ways to express anger. People who don't get angry end up believing what disappointment made them feel...that they are not worthy, that they are unlovable, etc. I think the boards can be enormously therapeutic. And people who talk about sex in the sex forums are simply engaging in candid conversation...I sometimes do...sexuality is part of my nature and I am not ashamed of it anymore than I am ashamed that regret and anger and disappointment and fear are also part of my nature, especially if I think sharing my experience can help someone process their own.
 tallish3243
Msg: 33
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:31:38 PM
I agree New Girl. Many are here just for the forums. On the other hand, any single guy here hoping to strike gold in real life would also be hoping to strike gold online if at all possible. They are just being disingenuous if they refuse to admit it. Nobody, of course, would come across as i come across if they were hoping to strike gold on this site. It's not like I don't know I alienate people.

Great post lagomism.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 34
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:48:32 PM

If I hear one more man complain that his wife never had an orgasm, I'll scream.

""Men bring this up during our first telephone conversation.""

You mean the college degreed, so called well-educated guys who manage to get through your rigorous, state of the art pre-screening process by lying?

""I need to come up with a smart aleck, witty reply.""

Or screen better.

""This Friday I am getting together with a man who has been a gentleman, interesting and fun during phone conversations. I'm looking forward to it. He has been interested in me for over a year.""

What have you been waiting for?
I thought you were one of those advocates to meet quickly so you don't waste a lot of time on incompatible people?

Bizarre.

Fullmoonguy nailed it, you would think after about 200 friggin dates you would have fixed your selection skills as they seem off, to say the least. You freely "advise" people as to what to do in profile reviews to improve their chances yet you seem to attract loser after loser. It certainly makes a person wonder why a 60+ year old woman is attracting these nut bars.
 BLonde^J^AngeL
Msg: 35
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:51:23 PM
back to the OP, he wants to be a kept man & have u give him BJ's & BackDoor...
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 36
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 12:59:52 PM
"This Friday I am getting together with a man who has been a gentleman, interesting and fun during phone conversations," I wrote. "I'm looking forward to it. He has been interested in me for over a year. "

fullmoonguy: What have you been waiting for? I thought you were one of those advocates to meet quickly so you don't waste a lot of time on incompatible people? Bizarre.

I knew someone would ask me this. I didn't want to explain because gun nuts will go crazy attacking me. Here goes:

Over a year ago, I refused to meet him because he carried a gun everywhere he went. After working in social services and prisons, he was fearful that angry released inmates would track him down and kill him.

"When you carry a loaded gun, you are poised and on alert to shoot someone, " I told him. "This scares me. Your intention is there, and eventually you will likely shoot someone. I don't want to get caught in the crossfire."

He amazed me by calling recently to say: "I stopped carrying a gun six months ago because I don't want to live in fear anymore. After getting rid of the gun, I feel spiritually lighter and more at peace in the world. Getting rid of the gun removed a weight off my mind, and physically off my body. I feel healthier and happier."

WOW. What tremendous personal growth for a 66 year-old man. I'm deeply impressed.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 37
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 1:04:26 PM

I'd simply turn the questions around on him and watch how he reacted.

"Are you all about pleasing your woman?" "Do you know how to shop for your woman?"

I'm all about mutuality, i.e. you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 1:12:44 PM

For instance: "Do you know how to shop for your man?" "Are you all about pleasing your man?"

Answer: "Yeah, I've learned to shop decently well for my husband. And I sure know how to please him -- I learned the ropes of his nerve endings quite well over the years. Oh, don't worry, he's not going to show up here; that's too soon. He's at home cleaning the whole place. Do you know how to clean well for your woman? And when do you think it's kosher to do this whole husband/wife swapping thing?"

Really odd question from him -- return it oddly yourself! :)

If I hear one more man complain that his wife never had an orgasm, I'll scream.

Scream as in showing him you can by demonstration, or ....? :)

Men bring this up during our first telephone conversation.

You could do the whole orgasm sounds over the phone while asking him to tell you more about how his wife can't orgasm... and simulate an orgasm (confusing & a bit exciting for him).... then you tell him that you can only orgasm over the phone when guys talk about the oh-so HOT thing about how their wife could never orgasm. But it's only a phone thing about their wives, as, ya know, it's what gets another gal so worked up. Hopefully by then he'd pick up on the clue. :)

Or more appropriately of course, "Oh, wow. She could never even get an orgasm out of you after all those years, huh? Sheesh. You're not a very good performer are you? And certainly not a guy with tact, either... Listen, I better go, this is an initial convo that I don't want to have going in the direction of sexual talk..."

This Friday I am getting together with a man who has been a gentleman, interesting and fun during phone conversations. I'm looking forward to it. He has been interested in me for over a year.

Holy cow! You've been talking to a guy for over a year as your screening process? I would think that if he got past 1 month without talking about how his wife could never orgasm, he's in the clear! :) I'm all for playing it safe, but a year's a long time!
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 39
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 1:12:50 PM

Over a year ago, I refused to meet him because he carried a gun everywhere he went. After working in social services and prisons, he was fearful that angry released inmates would track him down and kill him.

"When you carry a loaded gun, you are poised and on alert to shoot someone, " I told him. "This scares me. Your intention is there, and eventually you will likely shoot someone. I don't want to get caught in the crossfire."

He amazed me by calling recently to say: "I stopped carrying a gun six months ago because I don't want to live in fear anymore. After getting rid of the gun, I feel spiritually lighter and more at peace in the world. Getting rid of the gun removed a weight off my body and mind. I feel much happier and healthier."

WOW. What tremendous personal growth for a 66 year-old man. I'm deeply impressed.

Yes, many ex-law enforcement people carry their personal weapon for years. It was required for most while employed, and many will still carry that fear of confrontation with a few criminals that may have threatened them once long ago.

That fear can dissipate over years and with a little help from liberal friends. These days there may be only a few parts of a few cities/towns where that fear may possibly be justified.

Keep us informed of your adventures into trial associating with conservatives? Some people can change, some can't.

(wow, what happened to the page formatting limits? I don't think I did that...)
I see now. It was Peas's million exhuberant exclamation points of light...

It's not like I don't know I alienate people.

When your whole intention is to do that, then you are just another temporary troll here. Seen more than enough of them already. What can regular Forumites do about it? Several things come to mind...
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 1:27:12 PM
I say the man knows what he wants in a partner and just cause it isn't what you want to be--doesn't make it wrong.

We have to get over this whole concept that others were put on this earth for our purposes...that is what he wants and he is making an effort to find it so why is it wrong?...it might not be what you want to do so there --you aren't a match.

I sincerely wish more men were honest and upfront about what they want. I enjoyed shopping for my man --it was his money and gosh knows he couldn't put together an outfit that looked good!

On the pleasing your man part --with the number of women who claim to not want or like sex (surprisingly my 24 year old daughter has three girls she went to college with who have been married for over two years now and they all met up this spring and the subject of sex came up and all three of the married girls expressed how happy they were they didn't *have to have sex that much anymore since they got married!!! My daughter was shocked by it and actually so am I but I worked with women who bragged about how little sex they had with their husbands but they were much older than 24.

So if you had asked the right questions at the time, vs looking to put down men with this post you might have realized that there are good reasons for the questions--past interactions and you could have reassured him of your wish to be sexually compatible or not and who knows my ex used to give me extra money to spend on myself while I was shopping for him..

I do have to say I think it is easy to take anything a member of the opposite sex says the wrong way--it all depends on your attitude toward members of the opposite sex--if you are defensive and looking for wrong you will find it no matter how nice the other person might be.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 41
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 1:57:04 PM

After working in social services and prisons, he was fearful
that angry released inmates would track him down and kill him.

I could imagine judges or prosecutors, even witnesses fearing released
inmates, but social workers?? So now it’s okay, no one’s after him?
What if the ex-con killers catch up to him while he’s with you, and
he’s defenseless?

Yes, personal growth….he told you what you want to hear.
Maybe now he carries a machete or a taser.

Keep us informed of your adventures into trial associating
with conservatives?

She’s all about the conservatives when they flirt and flatter her.

What do YOU say? I would think the conversation would come
to a screeching halt…?

No one’s ever said that to me. Sounds like a creepy creeper.
I think I’d make it clear he is NOT “my man,” and adios. ~shrug~
 Olivoil
Msg: 42
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 1:57:13 PM
"Show some class. Act like a gentleman". quote from Literate Hiker

I'd rather they show themselves as they are rather than 'act' like a gentleman. It makes the sorting process a lot easier.
 newoldgirl
Msg: 43
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 2:26:46 PM

Everyone needs an outlet for pain and frustration.

I am not in pain, and not frustrated.

I don't need an excuse for anything I post here.

Except for the fact that I joke around more IRL ( don't really do it here bc jokes don't always translate well in the written word) I am the same person in real life.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 44
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 4:22:21 PM

"I stopped carrying a gun six months ago because I don't want to live in fear anymore. After getting rid of the gun, I feel spiritually lighter and more at peace in the world. Getting rid of the gun removed a weight off my mind, and physically off my body.

After working in social services and prisons, he was fearful that angry released inmates would track him down and kill him.

Yeah, getting rid of the gun should definitely eliminate the possibility of anyone coming after him now.

I feel spiritually lighter and more at peace in the world.

Gandhi was at peace with the world.
Didn't stop a disgruntled fanatic from shooting him dead.

I'm looking forward to hearing what else is "wrong" with this guy.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 45
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 4:58:07 PM

Yes, many ex-law enforcement people carry their personal weapon for years. It was required for most while employed, and many will still carry that fear of confrontation with a few criminals that may have threatened them once long ago.

Odd.....I never carried mine out of fear of anybody. I carried it to be in a position to do something if a forcible felony happened where I could intervene. Then again I never worked in a prison with inmates, I just sent them there. ymmv
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 5:09:05 PM
I carry it because one never knows when a psychopath will do something on the subway, at the supermarket, etc.
 2ufo
Msg: 47
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 5:34:59 PM

I knew someone would ask me this. I didn't want to explain because gun nuts will go crazy attacking me. Here goes:

Good for him, but why would gun nuts go crazy attacking you for a decision he made? I think it is when you paint all gun-owners with the single color paint you occasionally do, that we try to express our frustration with your stereotyping.

As for 'weird questions', I probably ask what he meant by that? Why was he asking me those questions? What did he expect from our first, second or subsequent dates? I would lead it into a discussion and make my decision at each step of the way.

It is a weird question and the appropriate answer could be, 'it depends upon the gentleman I am with and you are no gentleman."
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 48
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 5:41:16 PM

I carried it to be in a position to do something if a forcible felony happened where I could intervene. Then again I never worked in a prison with inmates, I just sent them there. ymmv

Yes, some people may have worked both areas. And gotten to know a few too many inmates a little too well in their locale.

It is a tradeoff, the regular annoying discomfort/weight, and having more options to do something if/when a 1 out of 10,000 odds incident chances to happen in front of you.

Most of the rare mass shooters we hear about likely could have been stopped by one well-armed ex-law officer, like the Canadian Parliament Sergeant At Arms...
 Siestabeachlover
Msg: 49
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 5:43:30 PM
OMG! Chill y'all before you have a stroke!
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 50
Weird questions
Posted: 8/3/2015 5:44:17 PM

adventurejoe70 :
I carry it because one never knows when a psychopath will do something on the subway, at the supermarket, etc.

Me too, I rather be safe than sorry. Especially living in Philly. This past weekend they just "killed" the hitchBOT, the Canadian robot.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Weird questions