Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Weird questions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 07songsungblue
Msg: 101
Weird questionsPage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Have any guys got these weird question? From some of the assumptions on here I can't believe you men haven't been asked - can you still get it up? will you go down on me? is it at least 8 inches? do you have all your teeth? will you buy me what ever I want?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 5:00:17 PM
Yes..but I answer the last question with "only if you give me the money upfront 1st, then I will buy you whatever you want":P
 2ufo
Msg: 103
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 5:04:17 PM
I have lots of weapons starting with my car (I am so envious of AdventureJoe's tank) and ending up with a crystal ball (large, hard, fits in my hand). The most important thing about any weapon is know when, where, and how to use it. In most situations, a gun is (bad pun alert) overkill. In fact, in most situations violence is overkill.

As for someone asking within the first few days of knowing me if I can deep throat... my response would probably be 'you'll never find out'. Sheesh!
 2ufo
Msg: 104
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 5:33:04 PM

I knew this would turn into a heated debate over gun control. I'm sorry I explained why I refused to meet him a year ago.

Me: I knew someone would ask me this. I didn't want to explain because gun nuts will go crazy attacking me.

Literate Hiker - I think you initiated and accelerated the 'attack'/debate by posting... 'I didn't want to explain because gun nuts will go crazy....'. In other words, you accused people you call 'gun nuts' of going crazybefore you even stated that he hade stopped carrying his gun.

If you had simply said something along the lines of: 'you all know I don't enjoy being around guns, so I didn't date him but now he doesn't carry his gun'. I doubt the 'gun nuts' would have 'gone crazy' and the accusations of him only telling you what you wanted to hear may not have started either.

For someone who is usually very intelligent and occasionally brilliant, you are often very... awkward in your written communication.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 105
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 6:16:39 PM
^^^
Good point, 2ufo. I should have been more tactful. Calling extremist (militant, fanatic, zealot, radical, activist, diehard) gun proponents "gun nuts" was tactless.

Last spring I was asked to be the Eastern Washington coordinator for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. Sadly I turned it down, because I felt afraid that an angry gun fanatic would shoot me. It bothers me that I feel terrorized by these people. This is America. I have the right to stand up for what I believe.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 106
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 6:38:23 PM

Are you one of those guys that sits on their front porch in a rocking chair with a loaded shot gun on your lap at all times, with an old hound dog sleeping of the floor beside you? Why not go all of the way to protect yourself by getting a Sherman tank, a rocket launcher, a flame thrower, an arsenal of machine guns, etc? Protect yourself Rambo style.

That’s funny.

It's hard to start an interesting thread, especially when it's easier to criticize than ignore.

Oh lay off. Both threads are, “someone is being sooo horrible to me, should I let them?” I gave her my opinion, if you don’t like it, take your own advice and “ignore.”

Personally I preferred her old thread about her date who ran away shrieking from a bug. Now that was a good thread.
 2ufo
Msg: 107
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 6:53:27 PM
LH - Most irate proponents for gun ownership are a lot more likely to shoot off their mouths than anything else. Violent people don't need guns. Don't let imagined fear stop you from doing something you believe is right. People can feel terrorized by a great many things and it boils down more to violence than to guns alone. I think you mentioned once that you were on a hike alone and felt threatened by two men on horses. It wasn't their guns you were afraid of (I'm not even sure you mentioned guns), it was the implied verbal threat of violence. Do you believe that all people who own guns threaten violence? If you think it through, I believe you will realize that is an incorrect belief. Just as you can read some posts and recognize that there are some people you don't really want to meet even if you know they don't have guns because there appears to be an anger or hatred for women in their posts.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 108
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 7:00:54 PM
It's a heck of lot easier to preach standing up to the gun nuts when you're not the one putting yourself in their cross hairs.

Sure, the death threats "probably" don't mean anything. But the difference between probably and not at all means a huge difference in the way you can live your life.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 109
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 7:10:57 PM
2ufo:

Do you believe that all people who own guns threaten violence? If you think it through, I believe you will realize that is an incorrect belief.

Of course I do not believe that all gun owners are scary and violent. That's silly. I have dated hunters, have friends who hunt for food, and appreciate the frozen elk meat in my freezer.

The gun control debate has grown so heated in America, that I don't want to be (literally) targeted by angry gun activists.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 110
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 7:26:13 PM

Now I'm being mocked for believing him. He is being called a liar.

Some people jumped to unproven conclusions and called him a liar.
I'm sure you'll let us all know soon enough.

And by your own previous admission, you attract plenty of them.
Liars about hiking.
Liars about cooking.
Liars about whatever.
That's how they get through your rigorous, state of the art pre-screening process.

Let's get back to weird questions.

Ok, here's one:

If he has been interested in you for over a year, and the only thing holding up things up was him carrying a gun, why did he wait 6 months to tell you he wasn't carrying it anymore if he stopped 6 months ago?
Why didn't he mention it 6 months ago?

See how bizarre things look?
 2ufo
Msg: 111
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 7:27:10 PM

It's a heck of lot easier to preach standing up to the gun nuts when you're not the one putting yourself in their cross hairs.
Sure, the death threats "probably" don't mean anything. But the difference between probably and not at all means a huge difference in the way you can live your life.

I am aware of that.
I've been threatened face to face with a shotgun (I had a rake).
I've lived in countries where my activities were circumscribed. I could not go into public or even open the blinds during certain religious holiday because I was the wrong religion. I would have been beaten and stoned to death. I've lived in places where I had armed security checked my house no fewer than 4 times a night. The point is, I was aware of the dangers before I went to work in those circumstances and found the rewards worth the risk of my life - because the risk was 'probably' minimal and I took 'reasonable' precautions - none of which included a gun on my person.

But if people are too afraid to voice their beliefs because they are afraid of the possibility of the threat of violence then the world is already lost.

LH - Now I am confused. You don't like guns or gun owners, but you'll date hunters and have friends that hunt? That doesn't strike you as odd?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 112
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 7:31:26 PM
Seriously?

You're not really from this planet are you? Because if you were, you'd know that if you've been shot down in your first approach, you're not just chomping at the bit to get back in there. She turned him down; he carried on with his life, part of which was that he stopped packing heat. Some months later, he saw her profile again and thought, "Hey, I can message her again, since the main problem no longer exists."

See, that's how it works on Earth. You can make your report to your superiors now.

edit: Sorry, that response was to FullMoonGuy. I agree that it is best if we stand up for what's right. But I can't fault anyone who won't put themselves in danger.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 113
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 7:48:02 PM
No, no one called this guy a liar. What folks did say was that this guy told her exactly what she want d to hear. The rest by Fullmoonguy...he nailed it. There will be some reason she discards him or he discards her(we never here about these though).

I don't want to pack a gun either but I understand that Americans have the right to and I respect that. Crazy people don't have the right. She didn't reject this man the first time for being a "gun nut", she rejected because he carried a gun and she stereotypes.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 114
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 8:11:30 PM
Hey I just had a guy ask me who would win in a fight--when I asked him how in the world would I know that since I have no clue if he has any military or police training...I was sorta hoping he would realize it was a very weird question and he comes back with none at all I just want to fight you...so I said--I was born in Virginia--it's for lovers not fighters sorry we wouldn't be a match.

It's online you will get plenty of weird people simply cause they can--doesn't define who you are..only defines them.
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 115
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 9:05:15 PM

There are jurisdictions( Las Vegas if I remember) where it is technically legal to wear a gun belt with a pistol in the holster like a cowboy. But I assure you local law enforcement will harass those doing it to the extent that it isn't worth it. That leaves getting a conceal carry permit.

For some Locations, You're outside Your Lane..
Arizona was & is a Open Cary State... For Non-LEOs, they've only had CWP's for about 15+ years.....
In most areas of Arizona, if you call 911 about a MWaG (Man wit a Gun), the 911 Dispatcher, will ask what the Person is doing? If they're doing Normal day to day activities, like shopping in a Store......
The Dispatcher will inform the Caller that wearing a Pistol in a Holster is legal in Their State...

I should have been more tactful. Calling extremist (militant, fanatic, zealot, radical, activist, diehard) gun proponents "gun nuts" was tactless.

Calling extremist (militant, fanatic, zealot, radical, activist, diehard) ANTI- gun proponents "ANTI-gun nuts" WOULD BE tactless. Even if it was True.....

But to You, Your Phobia of Guns is More Important, than a Civil Right, Enumerated in the US Constitution....

You feel Your Feelings, are more important than Others Rights.......

Of course I do not believe that all gun owners are scary and violent. That's silly. I have dated hunters, have friends who hunt for food, and appreciate the frozen elk meat in my freezer.

Some of us have Read Your Rants about Hunters that contacted You wanting to Date.....

LH - Now I am confused. You don't like guns or gun owners, but you'll date hunters and have friends that hunt? That doesn't strike you as odd?

She got called out recently about a Post complaining about Hunters, who post pictures of them Hunting..... Now She's backtracking on that Stand, after many People posted their views..... Posters who might otherwise agree with Her posts...
 Peas_
Msg: 116
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 9:35:09 PM

why would gun nuts go crazy attacking you for a decision he made? I think it is when you paint all gun-owners with the single color paint you occasionally do, that we try to express our frustration with your stereotyping.

It does. Only bad people need guns for protection because they go around making trouble.

And no, it is not a matter of personal opinion. Which brand of frozen pizza has the best cheese is a matter of opinion. Gun ownership is a stark demarcation between good and evil. No good person can tolerate it on any level for any reason

ah say whaaaaat???

http://www.gunssavelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/wisconsin2.jpg
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/4/2015 10:22:34 PM

Last spring I was asked to be the Eastern Washington coordinator for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. Sadly I turned it down, because I felt afraid that an angry gun fanatic would shoot me. It bothers me that I feel terrorized by these people.

If you feel terrorized by political gun fanatics, then I think it's a lot of your fear that's fueling you (which would make a staunch gun-rights advocate not take what you say about gun laws (as) seriously). Of course I'm a loudmouth, but I wouldn't feel threatened if I was up somewhere speaking about the ridiculousness of gun-law loopholes, folks wanting to get rid of waiting-day periods, background checks, etc -- where Skeeter and Jethro were going to crash in shooting at me. If I did, then it'd be near impossible for me not to question myself on Bias (to what degree, etc).

This is America. I have the right to stand up for what I believe.

Yes, and it's their right to do that too, even ones with anger problems and more guns on the ready-5 than they have kids. I'm just saying it doesn't mean they're statistically registering as an even remote possible assassination threat. You have nothing to worry about, don't worry. But if there was something to worry about in that regard, then you shouldn't be a coordinator for Any Place that has any political/religious opposition against it -- because as you know, virtually any idiot can buy a gun anyway! So if your fear is something to logically be worried about, don't be a part of any organization that has strong political disagreement somewhere -- they could shoot you! :)

If he has been interested in you for over a year, and the only thing holding up things up was him carrying a gun, why did he wait 6 months to tell you he wasn't carrying it anymore if he stopped 6 months ago?
Why didn't he mention it 6 months ago?

Good question. And I like it because it's not about guns/gun-laws but about strong stances changed amongst two potentials. "Oh... Oh, didn't I tell you? Yeah... naw, babe... I don't have/do [insert thing she's strongly turned off by] that anymore. I gave that up 6 months ago! It was like a revelation of sort;, spiritual in some sense. I feel a weight's been lifted off of me in some way... yeah, I can't believe I forgot to mention it. Huh. Yeah, I'm always talking about my lawn and baseball.... Anyway, so... you up for a date?"

My guess is (which I could be wrong of course) that they probably didn't talk much during those 6 months -- maybe just little FB remarks or a small phone call or two, etc... but it wasn't until semi-recently that they really started talking a good amount again, and that's when he brought it up?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/5/2015 9:44:05 AM

For some Locations, You're outside Your Lane..
Arizona was & is a Open Cary State... For Non-LEOs, they've only had CWP's for about 15+ years.....
In most areas of Arizona, if you call 911 about a MWaG (Man wit a Gun), the 911 Dispatcher, will ask what the Person is doing? If they're doing Normal day to day activities, like shopping in a Store......
The Dispatcher will inform the Caller that wearing a Pistol in a Holster is legal in Their State...

As far as I know it was only Vegas, and Henderson I think. Not North Las Vegas though. So I thank you for telling me how it is done in Arizona, it isn't about going out of "lanes".

But from what I hear in Vegas , although legal to do so, many/most cops will stop and bother locals who do it. Makes sense considering all the tourists that are there(and criminals). Also a large % of LV cops were recruited from LA and NYC, so the mentality is a bit different.

We actually have a lot of retirees there, and the members are told that they shouldn't do it. I do like that one can keep a gun in the glove compartment, and it is legal there.
http://www.lvten13.com/

That being said, if Crookcatcher visited me here, although federal law hr 218 allows him to carry...most NYPD cops will "grab him"..NYC , as in many cases, doesn't follow Federal law!
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 119
Weird questions
Posted: 8/5/2015 1:00:25 PM

As far as I know it was only Vegas, and Henderson I think. Not North Las Vegas though. So I thank you for telling me how it is done in Arizona, it isn't about going out of "lanes".

But from what I hear in Vegas , although legal to do so, many/most cops will stop and bother locals who do it. Makes sense considering all the tourists that are there(and criminals). Also a large % of LV cops were recruited from LA and NYC, so the mentality is a bit different.

We actually have a lot of retirees there, and the members are told that they shouldn't do it. I do like that one can keep a gun in the glove compartment, and it is legal there.
http://www.lvten13.com/

That's good to know, since I just moved to Las Vegas recently. I pretty much stay away from North Las Vegas.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/5/2015 1:32:43 PM
^^Hope you bought before prices went up!
 tallish3243
Msg: 121
Weird questions
Posted: 8/5/2015 2:14:45 PM
^^^^ they will be coming down again . . . two years tops imho.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 122
Weird questions
Posted: 8/5/2015 2:28:29 PM
sounds fun, lots of seniors packin :/ Thought I was reading a Truthers or the NRA site.
LH - nothing wrong with not wanting to speak at an anti gun rally ( i wouldn't either) I do see some here pay more attention to your dating Life that you prolly do !!!
When I lived in Montana you were pitied if you didn't have rifles in the truck, pistol under the front seat, etc.
I actually walked into a store with loaded guns to sell on consignment.. not an eye was blinked and we actually sold some to the men milling around.
Even had a buffalo rifle. Of course some yahoo old long dead relative had buggered up the barrel so it wasn't worth that much. But the bullet making thingy was...
driving around in a rented car with nearly as much fire power as Judge Dredd
BTW I'm an excellent shot. In case someone reading this thinks about trying to come for my vast collection of cleaning supplies
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 123
Weird questions
Posted: 8/5/2015 2:43:23 PM

^^Hope you bought before prices went up!

Of course. We bought it in 2012---it was a bank foreclosure. We rented it out for three years before moving here.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 124
Weird questions
Posted: 8/5/2015 5:37:32 PM
Thank you, Halftimedad and ouija2025 for your compassion and understanding.

I have been threatened with a gun by three men in my life. Twice while hiking alone; and once while giving a seminar. I was giving a mandatory seminar on sexual harassment to 90 employees and managers at a factory. A big, mean-looking man dressed like a Hells Angel stood up, walked to the front and challenged me.

"Where'd you get that body?" he asked loudly. (This at a seminar on sexual harassment.) "Where'd you get this information?" He opened his leather jacket and showed me his gun in a shoulder harness. I took a deep breath.

I had already explained my credentials and the ground rules. He was disrupting the seminar. I drew myself up to my full 5' 5" height, and calmly walked back to the podium.

"I'm going to go ahead and lead this seminar," I said firmly. "I invite you to sit down and watch. You do not have to participate, as it says in the ground rules. At your seat, your packet has an evaluation form. After the seminar, you can write down what you think."

"I'm going to go ahead and lead this seminar," I repeated and started the seminar. "Where are the supervisors?" I wondered. "Why don't they throw him out?"

The disruptive man returned to his table, filled with male buddies from the night shift. "B!tch! b!tch! b!tch!" the men at his table hissed at me. I ignored them. During group exercises I forced myself to walk around their table. I could feel the hate vibes coming from them.

After the seminar was over, SIX male supervisors walked me to my car. The next day I called the personnel manager and asked what that was about. She said that disruptive man had everyone terrorized, and carried his gun to work. His drinking buddies worked with him on the night shift. Managers were afraid to fire him.

The funny part was that my mother was watching. It was the first time she ever saw me lead a seminar. Mom was very impressed. She thought I dealt with that every day.

Seven years later the factory was sold and the company moved to Mexico.
 11qq
Msg: 125
Weird questions
Posted: 8/5/2015 8:10:11 PM
fascinating story Lady Kathleen.

that was very brave of you to stand up to that ignorant bully.

it also displayed profound character and pluck.

but what about the "Where did you get that body?" question?

he was an admirer no doubt!

I have a 38 Smith & Wesson with hollow points that I don't have to carry anymore. I did bring it with me when I owned several apartment buildings and received thousands in cash each month in rent. now I have it in my tropical cottage near me in the event a very stupid person wants to come in uninvited. like Ouija I am a very good shot and competed as a teen.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Weird questions