Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Weird questions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 126
Weird questionsPage 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Sounds to me, like he's discussing what type of future you'd provide him, based on his past.

Not your problem, and not very organic, IMHO.

What's in it for him?

Fvck that.

There's US. The two of you.

What does he offer you?

Pass...
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 127
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 2:32:20 AM

ClooneysMentor :
Sounds to me, like he's discussing what type of future you'd provide him, based on his past.

You are back! What happened to you?
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 128
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 9:06:09 AM
^^^
Another 'false start' so to speak. Learning experience.

Dusted my pants off and moving on :)
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 129
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 9:36:06 AM

Of course this is a lead-in to asking about my ability to have an orgasm.

I can't help thinking that the man's insensitive, crude pushiness turned off his wife. It certainly turned off me.

I need to come up with a smart aleck, witty reply. Help me out, folks. What's a witty, lighthearted way to shut down this line of questioning?

Can you maintain an erection for 30 minutes in December on Mt. Rainier?
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 130
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 11:53:37 AM

"Do you know how to shop for your man?" "Are you all about pleasing your man?"

LOL this thread derailed nicely.
I would have cracked up at those questions though.
A: "what have you done for me lately?"
 ohenryx
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 2:35:16 PM

Literate_Hiker
Last spring I was asked to be the Eastern Washington coordinator for Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. Sadly I turned it down, because I felt afraid that an angry gun fanatic would shoot me. It bothers me that I feel terrorizedby these people. This is America. I have the right to stand up for what I believe.

You have that right, in America, because many, many Americans have given their lives to earn that right for you. And they did that on the battlefields, carrying guns, flying warplanes, manning war ships on the high seas. Guns are not evil. What some men do with guns is evil.

We would never have defeated Nazi Germany without guns. And if we had not, you would not have the rights and freedoms that you take for granted. And let me take this opportunity to salute all of you who have served, and are serving. Thank you for your service.

I am a liberal, who owns guns, and thinks we probably need more gun control laws that what we presently have. But not TOO many. Balance is a very good thing.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 132
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 2:56:22 PM
Well since everyone would rather debate gun control--most of you are missing a much BIGGER picture--mental illness and the lack of quality care in America--the way we screen those mentally ill out of society is by waiting until they break a law and then throwing them in prison...name one sane mass murderer? They all had deep mental issues so if we spent the time and energy into helping those mentally unstable by focusing on that as the issue vs if guns are good or bad...we need new treatments, we need new guidelines about what is or isn't mental illness, we need to do away with political correctness making it seem like it's not the cruel heartbreaking condition that it is. We need to find ways to help those who are mentally ill cope and become more productive members of society vs waiting on them to break a law and throwing them in jail.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 133
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 3:30:11 PM
Even though this thread has taken a different path, I agree with the above two posts. Very well put Henry and true, and I'm a liberal as well.

Passionate, bang on.
 11qq
Msg: 134
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 4:07:57 PM
passionate gal said:

We need to find ways to help those who are mentally ill cope and become more productive members of society vs waiting on them to break a law and throwing them in jail.

if only we could but I believe they resist getting help. when they do that you can't forcibly help them. they first have to do SOMETHING that allows the law to take them to a mental facility. so the solution you are suggesting does not exist YET. there may be hope in the future with imbedded computer chips. that's decades away.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 135
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 4:29:32 PM

11qq :
if only we could but I believe they resist getting help. when they do that you can't forcibly help them. they first have to do SOMETHING that allows the law to take them to a mental facility.

Part of the problem is that insurance companies deny the mentally ill the treatment their doctors prescribe, seriously ill people are often discharged, and can be a danger to themselves or others. More often than not, insurance companies refuse long term care.
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 136
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 4:33:00 PM
California has AB1014 that will become effective on January 1 2016

"Gov. Jerry Brown (D) signed a bill (AB 1014) that will allow temporary restraining orders to prevent individuals who are suspected of having mental health issues or who are potentially violent from purchasing or possessing guns."

The law, by Assembly members Nancy Skinner (D-Berkeley) and Das Williams (D-Santa Barbara) and state Sen. Hannah-Beth Jackson (D-Santa Barbara), allows family members and friends to contact law enforcement if they believe an individual could be a threat to themselves or others, and officers then could ask a judge for the temporary restraining order (California Healthline, 9/4).

The restraining order initially would be in place for 21 days, but it could be extended up to a year after a hearing takes place (Bernstein, Reuters, 9/30).

Previously, individuals could be banned from buying firearms only if they are involuntarily committed to a mental health facility. Guns could be seized from individuals only if:

A licensed therapist notifies police that the individual is a risk to their own safety or the safety of others;
They have been convicted of a felony or a violent misdemeanor;
They are under a domestic violence restraining order; or
They have been determined to be mentally unstable (California Healthline, 9/4).

Be aware, those "family members", "friends" or therapists may just possibly be able to use some social media online postings clearly ID'd as being from the subject, as part of evidence in the pleading. IP addresses and all from the ISP.
 Peas_
Msg: 137
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 4:59:47 PM
In the state of Wisc. they don't even need to have a mental illness to have firearm restrictions for a Temp. Restraining order. Can be good up to 4 years after hearing. It is up to the Judge. That means no gun or bow hunting either.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 5:39:09 PM

We need to find ways to help those who are mentally ill cope and become more productive members of society

Isn't that the purpose of these forums? ;) Oh wait, we're talking about guns - ok, ok....

To be honest, opening mental institutions back up and doing all that would require a decent amount of extra govt money spent. Conservatives (pro-gun) aren't going to want that. The conservative view is to fix-yourself, no govt help/handouts, etc. If it was a Small amount of $$, then they probably would to help push back potential anti-gun laws. But opening up mental institutions and psychs, etc -- although not some huge $$ cost, it doesn't have to be to not be wanted.
 2ufo
Msg: 139
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 5:47:07 PM
There is still a stigma attached to mental illness that makes some people refuse to seek help. If they refuse to see help, what options are available for anyone to intervene unless they prove they are a danger to themselves or to others?

It is a very sad oxymoron.
 scorpioinOregon
Msg: 140
Weird questions
Posted: 8/6/2015 6:16:36 PM
When guys ask me inappropriate questions, I say "why would you ask me that? I don't even know you"

It depends on their answer if the conversation is going to continue.
 Brave_one
Msg: 141
Weird questions
Posted: 8/9/2015 8:27:11 AM

if only we could but I believe they resist getting help. when they do that you can't forcibly help them. they first have to do SOMETHING that allows the law to take them to a mental facility.

So at least there’s help for some of us here down the road ? lol

As the topic started out from both sexes in airing out their pass & or present dirty laundry list...when it went to sex control, to gun control, etc....& hoping they can put,'' humpy dumpy,'' back together again with much therapy ?
we can only pray....
 Ouija2025
Msg: 142
Weird questions
Posted: 8/9/2015 8:34:43 AM
My GF ( and yes a GF not me :P) started talking to a Man here on POF, day 3 he messages her 11pm
" come meet us at ______ we'd like a threesome?
She didn't go, guess he had a handsome
Btw, he claims to be a Doctor. Maybe. * rolls eyes*
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 143
Weird questions
Posted: 8/9/2015 9:52:30 PM
There is an excellent program called "Journey for Hope" (http://www.rosalynncarter.org/caregiver_intervention_database/mental_health/journey_of_hope_education_course/) When my ex was diagnosed Bi-polar I attended the 8 week sessions and the stories the families told of how they tried to help their loved ones and yet were often extremely afraid of them. One of the families had their child use the suicide by cops right in front of them at a later date, and another talked about how their child attacked them with a knife and how they were afraid to call the police or they might end up dead. I can not imagine their pain.

But it is an excellent program if anyone knows someone who is dealing with thi stype of difficult situation.
 gcdeb
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:12:59 PM

I knew someone would ask me this.
Had you not said "He has been interested in me for over a year. " no-one would have asked.
 Peas_
Msg: 145
Weird questions
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:40:20 PM
I ask all head trauma acquaintances that are 6'5" if their shed on the Texas/Oklahoma border has floated away. If not, then maybe the rats and mice have been drowned, and the bodies have floated up from the back 20 and the FBI has finally come a calling.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 146
Weird questions
Posted: 8/31/2015 5:59:41 PM
It's not rocket science, just tell him you are interested to see him only as a friend.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 147
Weird questions
Posted: 8/31/2015 6:00:43 PM
Just tell him you aren't a romantic match
Or, instead of tossing the baby out of the pram.. go out with him again.
I can hardly decide what I want for a snack let alone if I have romantic feelings after one meet. I guess if you don't get all tingly you could taser him.
But put him back and then wait for those romantic feelings.. which btw, change depending on where your hormones are at
 bucsgirl
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/31/2015 6:09:09 PM
"I need to come up with a smart aleck, witty reply. Help me out, folks. What's a witty, lighthearted way to shut down this line of questioning?"

Not original with me, but a comic said women may fake orgasms but men fake relationships. Still working on an original witty comeback of my own. If it were me I'd just ask "you mean with YOU, right?" to "my wife never had an orgasm crap. Don't have any stats on battery operated boyfriend business, but women don't even need a man to have an orgasm.

At times my response to an inappropriate question is either a *click* and dial tone or block email.
 TheWhitetigeress
Msg: 149
Weird questions
Posted: 8/31/2015 8:49:05 PM

I've been on a couple of dates with a guy I met from here. Things seemed to be going well until he started asking me a series of what I thought were kind of odd questions. For instance: "Do you know how to shop for your man?" "Are you all about pleasing your man?" I think you get the gist. He seems a little self-centered and arrogant. But maybe I'm being overly-sensitive or taking it wrong?

What would you ladies say about these types of questions?

First of all, you are concluding he seems self-centered and arrogant from those questions alone or from the whole time you've spent with him? How was the manner and tone when he said it? There is a difference.
He was definitely blunt and getting right to the point to find the women HE wants with those questions.
He has probably met one too many women that weren't what he is looking for. He thought they were, spent time on them (and money?) and found out they weren't.
He's clearly cutting the chase here.

What would I say?
"Do you know how to shop for your women?" "Are you all about pleasing your woman?"

If his tone in asking these questions were demanding and overbearing I'd add a "do you have a solid 8inch and lick like a happy dog on high on kibbles ?"
The answer could make or break the date... don't 'cha think? lol

Of course this is a lead-in to asking about my ability to have an orgasm.
I can't help thinking that the man's insensitive, crude pushiness turned off his wife. It certainly turned off me.
I need to come up with a smart aleck, witty reply. Help me out, folks. What's a witty, lighthearted way to shut down this line of questioning?

Can you maintain an erection for 30 minutes in December on Mt. Rainier? <-------------------this is good *giggles

When someone ask questions like these. Personal questions that cut right to the point, one has to look at the big picture and figure out why, and maybe even ask.
At this age, we've been so much and sometimes, so little. We search for what we really want with the time we have left.
So yes, some may get rather brunt. It can come off insensitive. By all means, let them know how those questions make you feel. However,getting to the nitty gritty can.. could....lead to a possible absolute match.
How about engaging with that conversation and find out more about why the questions, who is the person asking it, what does the person want, what is the person doing about it, what the person going to give in return. etc etc etc
Listen to how he is saying it, what he is saying. Watch the way he says it, what he is doing, how he treats you, how he treats people around him. Look at the big picture instead of the one questions that sets you off in another direction running.

But it's really not your boat. It's not your boat. Cut the loss and go forth. No big deal
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:16:11 PM
Eh, they ask these questions in a brisk demanding businesslike manner. One question after another as if they have a checklist in hand. Not at all attractive or sexy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Weird questions