Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Weird questions      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Weird questionsPage 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Hal skies and I think more alike than not on this.

The questions are not weird, they are disturbing as hell.
F him
When someone asks such things ( if they do) Have a few of your own inappropriate and off the charts.

So, hows the prostrate doing?
Whats your net worth ? Please provide that info from your accountant before this gets any more personal.
Then we "can talk"
Do you call mom when you feel spat upon by the world?

OR
Get some ridiculous cosmo survey for men ( exp "Finding the perfect guy , questions you need answers to" and carry it around if you want to engage in such convo for kicks.
Cross your mind to just laugh at them and walk???????????.

I hate feeding crazy most days, but it can be a kick for a few minutes just to see the reaction when its on the other foot.
 Olivoil
Msg: 152
Weird questions
Posted: 9/3/2015 6:11:28 AM
Good stuff, Petunias. I like the Cosmo survey. Problem with the prostrate question, they'd probably tell you all about it.

The big reason I'm not looking on here anymore are the questions men have asked me, almost all of them assuming we are going to end up in the sack,... and not wanting to waste precious time getting to know a woman as a person, making a little small talk and such.

I was once asked by an older (than me) caucasian male whether I had ever been with a black man. That would have ruled me out.
He also asked about an STD test right minutes into our phone convo, since he had had cancer and couldn't take a chance.

I also had another freak of nature ask if I had taken my ex to the cleaners. He added that women who don't are just stupid, and put an additional burden on the next guy. Many times I was asked if I was frigid, because I didn't want to indulge in sexy-talk with some random guy I had just met.
They all presented themselves as gentlemen, at first, so I don't think it's my 'picker'.

Ah, the romance of it all.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 153
Weird questions
Posted: 9/3/2015 1:54:56 PM
I added on my profile to meet at night in a dark alley and bring their goal for men who think inviting you to come to their home late at night for a first meet is acceptable lol
 spot4username
Msg: 154
Weird questions
Posted: 9/3/2015 1:57:16 PM
^ I get men asking to take a "night walk on the beach" all the time. They don't understand why I don't think it is a good idea.
 Peppermint_Petunias
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 9/5/2015 1:45:58 AM

Problem with the prostrate question, they'd probably tell you all about it.

Oh heyull yeah.

Forget that one.

I was once asked by an older (than me) caucasian male whether I had ever been with a black man. That would have ruled me out.

I had one ask me that too. WTH??
Cant imagine asking a man if he had been with another race of any kind.

I had one ask if I "shaved".

People are so whacked & cracked, I just wish all the whackie.crackies could find the other whackie/crackies easier ( maybe a tat of some sort) and leave us "good'uns " and eccentric/eclectic alone.
 Walts
Msg: 156
Weird questions
Posted: 9/5/2015 6:15:10 AM

Problem with the prostrate question, they'd probably tell you all about it.

Hmmmmm. Personally the only time I bring up the prostate subject is when the woman in question isn't finding the right "spot". Nothing worse than a woman with a bad aim.

Anddddddd, before I hear all the "ewwwwwwwws" and "grosssssss", you girls brought the subject up, not me. ;)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 9/5/2015 6:43:52 AM
I am with Inner Gorilla' throw the questions right back at the guy. Then he knows how it feels and may get the message that he a bore and a jerk.

[
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 9/5/2015 6:45:37 AM
oh yes I have had the "am I shaved?" question. My reply "you will never know," delete and block.
 VMinRVA95
Msg: 159
Weird questions
Posted: 9/5/2015 8:30:31 AM
"I was once asked by an older (than me) caucasian male whether I had ever been with a black man. That would have ruled me out.
He also asked about an STD test ... "

The rates of sexually transmitted diseases are anywhere from 4 to 8 times higher (depending on the disease in question) in the black community relative to the non-black community in the USA. His question was certainly awkward but he at least explained his concern over STDs.

With hypergamy in question as well a guy having sex with a NA female may be having sex with someone who has had over a hundred partners in her time. Lots to think about with that one, and question as well.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 160
Weird questions
Posted: 9/5/2015 1:02:03 PM
^ Play that funky music, white boy.
 Olivoil
Msg: 161
Weird questions
Posted: 9/5/2015 3:21:35 PM
VMinRVA95, thanks for enlightening us all.

You might have missed the point of my post...these questions came in the first few minutes of a first phone conversation.
 OneInAQuadrillion
Msg: 162
Weird questions
Posted: 10/22/2017 12:55:56 PM
"Why didn't you stay in the Navy?"

Really? You want me to travel back in a time machine and retroactively reenlist myself into the Navy for some crazy need that YOU have?

Why don't you shut up!
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 10/22/2017 7:53:38 PM
I get this from white men: "Are all black men's penises huge?" I always answer, "I don't know, because I've never inspected all black (or white) men from the waist down." I am actually more interested in what they have going on from the neck up.
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 164
Weird questions
Posted: 10/23/2017 8:37:19 AM
How come you rent?

What’s your car payment ?
 ohenryx
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 10/23/2017 10:47:27 AM
This last Saturday night, at a dinner party, 5 men, 5 women, all single, the subject over dinner turns to online dating, weird first dates, and questions asked. I threw in that on one initial meeting the woman asked me what I was arrested for back in 1970. (A police report will show that I was arrested, but not what for – the records that far back have not been computerized.)

The woman across from me volunteered that she always did a police check before meeting anyone new. One of the other men asked her how she did that, did she know a law enforcement officer. She replied that she “paid for a service”. It’s always been my understanding that only law enforcement personnel were able to access the databases for a criminal background check, but I’m also aware in our society money trumps everything.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 10/23/2017 11:10:25 AM

How come you rent?

That one would always get me. Not piss me off though (in most tones). But some people don't understand that they're renting-to-own a house, with legal ownership in the meantime.... as long as they pay their rent. Some people get WAY off on "I'm a homeowner." A good rental is better than a bad buy with a mortgage (which again, is renting). Some people also don't understand that if you're not Set to live in the same area for a long time, it's a bad idea to buy (unless you see some Amazing deal).

What’s your car payment ?

If it's a fancy car, I can see that not being so bad (much the same as Wow, how much did you pay for that thing?). But otherwise, it is weird, as if they're wanting to see what your budget's like - lol.

She replied that she “paid for a service”. It’s always been my understanding that only law enforcement personnel were able to access the databases for a criminal background check, but I’m also aware in our society money trumps everything.

Yeah, you can pay for online services to look up lots of things -- background checks, too. It's never been classified info. What were you arrested for in 1970? :)
 ThroatLozenge
Msg: 167
Weird questions
Posted: 10/23/2017 11:16:24 AM
^^^
Intellius offers background checks for ~ $30 a month

This includes marital, real estate and job histories on top of criminal.

Phone app available too.

Never go to a venue suggested by a gal and provide your license and or credit card to her bartender friend....

Muwahahaha!!!
 L_LuuLuu
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 11/10/2017 12:56:30 PM
OP -

My guess is that the guy has read some kind of dating book that encourages him to ask "interesting" questions to avoid the old, job interview like, first date. No "What do you do for a living?" kind of thing.

He probably got some sample questions from the same book, because he had no "fun" or "philosophical" questions of his own.

Probably the same book that told him to tell women he would go shoe shopping with them.

When someone asks me a slightly rude question:

I look them right in the eye, laugh and say "What a thing to ask!".

Or: "Why would you ask me a thing like that?".

Be sure to remember to laugh.
(Since you were on the phone this time, just make laughing noises.)
 EMT_312
Msg: 169
Weird questions
Posted: 11/15/2017 4:04:44 PM
narcissist! run!
 gtomustang
Msg: 170
Weird questions
Posted: 11/15/2017 7:13:53 PM
"It’s always been my understanding that only law enforcement personnel were able to access the databases for a criminal background check."

>>my friend works for the penal system, and being a state worker, all her info is public for paroled prisoners who might want to get..penal. Luckily, most are coming off 10 year-plus sentences, so they're still trying to catch up on all the tech that has happened since they went in.

Questions about finances are interesting, just b/c so few people understand finances. Which is why they get into so much debt, chasing the Joneses.

oh well, if someone asks rude questions...they've given you permission to give an inflated answer. After all, they're looking for something stupid, and they just revealed what will get them into bed. Might as well return the rudeness.
 hemingway234
Msg: 171
Weird questions
Posted: 11/19/2017 5:33:57 AM
I can see how questions like that can seem weird and a turn off. Questions like that don't need to be asked; they will be revealed naturally through the normal coarse of dating.
 blueiznblond
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 11/21/2017 3:46:13 PM
If you are married, why are you on POF??? Bad marriage obviously....and then you're bored with your pathetic life so you come on here to stir s**t up...WTF?
 blueiznblond
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 11/21/2017 3:48:05 PM
YES! Like it's a job interview! Screw that! I'm sick of it...
 ohenryx
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Weird questions
Posted: 11/21/2017 8:45:51 PM
Hey, welcome to the forums, “blueiznblond”. It’s refreshing to see a new face.

If you don’t mind my asking, how did you find us here? There isn’t really any easy way TO find the forums, which is why we never seem to get any new people.

And yes, to respond to your post, I too am sick of the “job interview” initial meeting. Which is why I sometimes do and say some crazy shit, instead of the same old same ole.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 175
Weird questions
Posted: 11/21/2017 9:47:33 PM

I can see how questions like that can seem weird and a turn off. Questions like that don't need to be asked; they will be revealed naturally through the normal coarse of dating.

Yes, and some dates can be pretty coarse in their line of questioning.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Weird questions