Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is it just me, or is asking for more pics right off a turn off?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 63
Is it just me, or is asking for more pics right off a turn off?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Now if more Men would don the black mini skirt.. dating gets interesting :)
Why ask for pictures right away- and 2ufo, he asked for swim suit pictures.. not lets see if you look like your pictures but let me see what you look like semi naked
That is what is offensive. No need to worry about what I look like nude unless you going be over/under/middle of me
Plus no one wants to see me in a swimsuit, least of all me
 2ufo
Msg: 64
Is it just me, or is asking for more pics right off a turn off?
Posted: 8/10/2015 6:26:35 PM
As I read the first post, it seemed a general rant; didn't notice the swim suit issue until the 3rd or 4th post. Yes, asking for a 'turn me on' photo first (but it wasn't first contact since it was a phone call and she had to have given him her phone number) deserves a block.

But I still stand by my statement that if she has older, undated photos then people will ask for pictures earlier.
If she's doing this on purpose, then it's just 'game-playing' to me.
If she has a 'reason', an ulterior motive so to speak, then she should expect requests for photos early in communication.

I'll admit I don't understand her reasoning and her explanation didn't make sense to me.
 Debisue64
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/11/2015 4:08:32 PM
yes.. its a turn off.. it usually means they want to see your body MORE. and seriously.. See me in person.

Its never a waste of time to check a person off your list. Its a waste of time to spend weeks on the build up.. and then meet. Some people look better than their pics.. some look like grandpa from the nursing home while his pics look like a highschool student.. lol
 dat34761
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2015 3:29:36 PM
It's a HUGE turn-off! At first I didn't have any body pictures so I would get emails asking for full body shots. Understandable since nobody wants to be surprised on the first meeting, which I definitely have been. I even had one man tell me I must be very fat because I didn't have full body pictures. I finally caved and put a standard bathroom selfie pic in my profile. Just yesterday I had a message asking for a pic wearing a tighter shirt. Delete is my first response. I agree with what another person said, see me in person....you might be pleasantly surprised.
 Dragracer428
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/13/2015 6:02:50 PM
Has never occurred to me to ask for more pics. Have done the blind meetup a few times managed to come up with enough social skills to carry it off.
The times my social skills failed me was when the pics were not even close, expectations not being met evidently harder to deal with than a total surprise.
 Qura
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2015 6:41:55 PM
Bucsgirl, I think you look like Emily Blount as a somewhat more . . . mature, shall we say, woman, in the head shot.

As far as I am concerned, if someone asks for pics in a bathing suit or shorts, then they really do not value all the other things I bring to the table. Yes, there needs to be attraction--but for goodness sake, a few pics (unless a total lie--20 years old and/or 50 lbs weight difference) are enough to determine that there might be some attraction. If what you see isn't enough to risk a meet (oh, my GOD!! 30 minutes and a couple of bucks wasted--my life is over!!), then we aren't on the same page--you've turned ME off by making yourself appear too shallow.

So yes, it is a HUGE turnoff. I too will date a lot of men whose pics might not set the heart aflutter--but seeing the whole person may solicit a very positive response. Pics, to me, are about "oh, absolutely NOT." And I have a few quirks--things that turn me off (about the way a person looks), but usually nothing really predictable and almost always more than one visible feature. But I will click on a lot of pics of men who aren't particularly attractive, but I know that a smile, good sense of humor, some real thoughtfulness, etc., could make a difference. Usually, though, it's the profile that leads me to click "next."

But hey, I should say, "I used to click. . ." Not actively looking.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/14/2015 9:34:17 AM
If a guy comes out and blatantly says he's looking for more risque pictures, I can see maybe getting a bit perturbed, but there's no need to ASSUME that's the intent of anyone who asks for more pictures.

I think a lot of people need to quit looking for reasons to get bent out of shape over trivial shit.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/14/2015 12:21:23 PM
But as the OP states, he was asking for swimsuit and shorts pictures
And generally that is how it unfolds, send extra pix, get the " any bikini photos?
 deetristate
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/15/2015 12:25:37 PM
OP.YES!!!!
Delete..................................Block.
 bucsgirl
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/22/2015 5:46:59 PM
I have a pic up that is 3 years old of me with my grandson. That looked like me until today because I had my hair cut....a lot of it...haha. I've been busy lately, sold my house and moved to Texas so excuse my absence. Priorities......trust you all understand. I JUST got a cell phone (20 years since my last) and am learning but haven't had much time for that either.

I also want to clarify that the OP was an ANNOYANCE and minor at that, not a complaint at all. I get plenty of email and have more than enough opportunities to meet up with men off the site.

As many have given the advice on many threads, if you don't like the pics.......click onto the next one. Also the idea that I would get someone to take specific pics to satisfy someone who dropped me an email on here, well that'll happen when hell freezes over. Just not my policy, and I'm sticking with it.

I think that anyone should put up the pics they want to, and leave it at that. The point is this isn't a catalog shopping service, it's to find people that may want to meet. Pics are more important to some than others, I have no issue with that. Of course appearance is important but it's not the most important to me anyway.

I see this struck a nerve with some, and apparently there are others that are a little annoyed, It's not a big deal.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Is it just me, or is asking for more pics right off a turn off?