Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What are men in their 40's looking for      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tallish3243
Msg: 126
What are men in their 40's looking forPage 6 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

I have the mod hammer

If this is true, it is exactly what I thought . . . the moderators are not gone from here. That was very obvious to me early on when I started posting here several months ago.

So then why does everybody think a certain number of reports automatically bans a poster? There is still a mod in the background, right?

I mean, I don't know if you are a mod or full of it, but I do know that a number of my posts were deleted after I was knocked off in another thread. There was nothing wrong with those posts, other than they generated controversy and some women did not like my opinions. From that I concluded there had to be mods here.
 spot4username
Msg: 127
What are men in their 40's looking for
Posted: 8/10/2015 1:28:17 PM

So then why does everybody think a certain number of reports automatically bans a poster? There is still a mod in the background, right?

I don't know about others but when I referred to this scenario earlier in another thread I was talking about good old fashioned reports via the dating side. Where a person goes to your profile and clicks to "report" it. I know that in the past if a profile received a certain number (I have no idea what it is) of independent profiles reporting it that it would be deleted.

As far as mods... I have no idea if there are ghost mods lurking about. Seems like an awful odd way to handle things. Either have mods who are known/visible or don't. I have done my fair share of admin on a number of sites and currently handle a few Reddit subs and this is baby stuff by comparison.
 tallish3243
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/10/2015 1:34:41 PM
^^^^ yea, these boards run pretty well. My biggest complaint is how easy it was for some to gang up on others and have them deleted. I was really having a good time on this board with some of my persona . . until they were gone . . it is very easy to state facts but still get people upset and before you know it, you are labelled a troll and . . .

I played with the idea of creating aliases just to report my enemies and see how many reports until they were gone . . . but I decided it wasn't a nice thing to do nor worth my time or the effort to do so, so I created a few xtra aliases that are in suspended animation right now, for when I am again deleted.

But there are absolutely ghost mods here. There is no other way some of my posts could have been deleted like they were. I just assume they are not here full time. They come when called by some of the "witches" who conjure them up to do their dirty work. Or perhaps they come here in their spare time.

And I'm not sure an "event" mod does not have the same authority to ban posters, delete posts, as any other?
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 1:36:23 PM
This topic has an analog in the dating over 45 section: https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16372086.aspx; I think you'll find the first few pages more on point than what it degenerated in to.

As for me, I'm pretty clear in my profile: I talk about who I am and the type of woman who would interest me.

In summation I want/need a Christian woman, modicum of intelligence, reasonably active, cares about how she looks, and for the most part may think about the future but lives in the here and now. Oh, and she wants the same in a man. All of that if just the preface to a long lasting relationship (marriage preferably) that is built around intimacy in spirit, emotion, and body. For me, having lived through and survived (mostly) a relationship in which there was a dearth of intimacy across the spectrum, I've come to realize that sex does not define the relationship, the relationship defines the sex. With that in mind building up to physical intimacy later, rather than sooner, is fine in my book.

I believe I was a bit more poetic in my posts in the Dating Over 45 section.

TK
 tallish3243
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/10/2015 2:50:12 PM
This video for Volkano . . . its a good view:

https://www.facebook.com/boji/videos/10152806537123971/?pnref=story

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/10/2015 4:24:46 PM
Where's the remote and what's for dinner?
 spot4username
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/10/2015 4:41:41 PM

Where's the remote and what's for dinner?

*headtilt* There is no TV.

Reservations.
 07songsungblue
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/10/2015 4:49:05 PM
Clooney, let me get you dinner...I'll even buy. And wine.

I've always loved that line - What's for dinner? Reservations. Lol
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/10/2015 4:52:49 PM
Henny Youngman: My wife asked me to take her some place she'd never been for dinner. So I took her to the kitchen.
 MidWestAussie
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/10/2015 5:32:13 PM
Someone who actually RESPONDS to messages, is a good start.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 136
Posted: 8/10/2015 5:39:54 PM
To the poster above: why do both men and women state in their profile that they don't want random hookups? If you don't want to hook up then don't. I don't either but putting it in my profile would sound like all I ever attract is hookup seekers which is not the case. Dunno, I think it's unnecessary in a profile.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/10/2015 5:44:08 PM
You know how when you're looking at the threads before logging in there are pictures of local singles? I clicked on one here this afternoon - completely age inappropriate, but I'm in stealth mode. She had photos pulling down enough of her panties that you could see she had been recently and completely waxed.

She also said not to message her if you were just looking for sex.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 138
Posted: 8/10/2015 5:46:11 PM

Someone who actually RESPONDS to messages, is a good start.

Why would anyone respond to a message from someone who scabbed a pic off the internet?
 Moderate_Recall
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/10/2015 5:56:15 PM

This video for Volkano . . . its a good view:

That was the straw. Goof luck in your next incarnation...
 Peas_
Msg: 140
Posted: 8/10/2015 6:33:09 PM
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

07songsungblue
Msg: 141
Posted: 8/10/2015 6:36:22 PM
Moderate or Tall or who ever the Fvck you are....I just be watched that video and all of us on here should watch that video. The only mistake Tallish made was that he should have told ALL of us to watch it and not just one person...ALL.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 142
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:24:08 PM

I've always loved that line - What's for dinner? Reservations. Lol

You ladies crack me up!

Let's cut this 3 date crap and do an over nighter in wine country :)
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 143
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:30:11 PM
Song, I have no need to watch that video. Nor do many of us, including V. I have a tremendous amount of face to face human interactions all day long. My time here is a brief interlude.

And whether it is or not, do you not at the very least realize how utterly ironic it is for someone to direct that video to another person, whilst being here himself. Quite a bit , I might add.

What do you get out of this cheerleader position, song?
 CharminC
Msg: 144
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:56:08 PM

do an over nighter

a night?
In wine country?
Only one?

*stifles a sad tear*
 07songsungblue
Msg: 145
Posted: 8/10/2015 9:19:51 PM

What do you get out of this cheerleader position, song.

Not a cheerleader, I just get tired of folks getting removed for basically nothing. Someone told another poster the other day she had a "trashed twat" and today this same poster made another comment to a female poster asking "did your Daddy take your cherry too?" This poster is still here.

Not a cheerleader. And I said that he shouldn't have directed that video to one poster. What more do you want? I could have dumped him more but what's the point, he's been removed.
 spot4username
Msg: 146
Posted: 8/11/2015 4:07:49 AM

Let's cut this 3 date crap and do an over nighter in wine country :)

Can I get a rain check?
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 147
Posted: 8/11/2015 4:48:04 AM

I just get tired of folks getting removed for basically nothing.

nobody gets removed here for basically nothing.

and why would you be tired of it when your trolling friend has unlimited profiles and IP addresses (as he so often boasts) to tee up at his disposal? he's unstoppable, right? a force to be reckoned with. although he may be forced to take a little break every once in a while.

Someone told another poster the other day she had a "trashed twat" and today this same poster made another comment to a female poster asking "did your Daddy take your cherry too?" This poster is still here.

did you report him?

The above was written by a "popular" poster and this was tame as it didn't include "fvck" or a few other words this person likes to use -

really? am I popular? I must be with you, just based on the way you seem to think anything I say is a special example of another one of your baseless complaints. how weird is it that you're quoting me out of context from a completely different thread (started by another master baiter, btw) and clutching your pearls as if you'd never even *think* of dropping f-bombs directly onto people. so what does "fvck" have to do with anything? what the "fvck" are you talking about?

if you don't like the way this forum works, then you are free to shuffle off to another one. why do you stay if the way the rules get applied upsets you so much? you aren't going to change them. there's the door. eesh. leave me the "fvck" alone.
 perfectlyfrank2323
Msg: 148
Posted: 8/11/2015 7:11:14 AM
"Song, I have no need to watch that video. Nor do many of us, including V. I have a tremendous amount of face to face human interactions all day long. My time here is a brief interlude.

And whether it is or not, do you not at the very least realize how utterly ironic it is for someone to direct that video to another person, whilst being here himself. Quite a bit , I might add."

How would you know this without having watched the video

"What do you get out of this cheerleader position, song?"

What's it to you who or why she cheerleader here. Such tight asses here. Make so much out of so little. Since you watched the video, you know it plays exactly into what volkano has been bit ching about forever.
 perfectlyfrank2323
Msg: 149
Posted: 8/11/2015 7:15:09 AM
Motown, you Crack me up. I actually enjoy your posts. Would I sate you? He'll no. But you are amusing.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 150
Posted: 8/11/2015 7:20:56 AM
oh hi troll with unlimited ip addresses.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What are men in their 40's looking for