Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Life without health insurance      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tallish3243
Msg: 51
Life without health insurancePage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

An attorney friend once explained to me that most accidents occur either at home or in an automobile. So if you have auto or home insurance the odds are you will be covered in case of an accident.

Why not focus on taking care of your self with exercise, nutrition, yoga, acupuncture etc... as well as work on your spiritual growth. We as humans survived quite well before the institution of insurance was created.

I often think those who are insured subconsciously want their monthly premium to pay off by creating illnesses. And those without it make sure they don't get sick.

You must know some of the dumbest people in the world who keep explaining things to you. Your "home insurance" will not pay for your injuries if you have an accident in your own home. You auto insurance will not necessarily pay for your injuries if you have an auto accident. Depends if you have no-fault insurance or medical payments coverage.

I know this is beyond you, but some people get sick no matter what they do to take care of themselves.

And yes, I heard the same thing about people subconsciously creating illness just so they can use their health insurance. In fact, I understand people are knocking themselves off left and right these days so they can collect under their life insurance ROFLMAO.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 52
Life without health insurance
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:43:15 AM
Does having health insurance make you healthier? Does having health insurance cause more risky behavior?

Not actually an obvious answer.
----------------------------------------------
In 2006 two economists, Dhaval Dave and Robert Kaestner, completed a study in which they looked at a group of Americans who had no insurance but then turned 65 and qualified for Medicare. This before-and-after experimental framework allowed them to control for “having insurance.” Interestingly they found that women who gained insurance by turning 65 did not change their health behaviors or outcomes. But men, upon getting Medicare, increased their risky health behaviors. Physical activity dropped by 40%, cigarette smoking increased by 16%, and drinking alcohol with regularity increased by 32%.

In other words, having insurance made these men feel better enough about their health that they apparently did not mind sabotaging it. One question I had, though, about this experiment, was whether these behavior changes were simply the result of retirement from work. That also coincides with turning 65 for many people. The economists claim to have controlled for work status. But I still wondered.

In 2008 another economist Anderson Stanciole analyzed longitudinal data from the U.S. Panel Study of Income Dynamics. The panel tracks 8,000 families. Stanciole found that after controlling for age, employment, income, race, sex, and other factors, having insurance corresponded with drinking more, smoking more, and being more sedentary. So again, health insurance did not bring healthy behaviors. It may instead have made people reckless, thinking that hospitals and doctors would fix them when they broke down.

A provocatively titled paper in 2009 by Jay Bhattacharya called “Does Health Insurance Make Your Fat?” found a tie between having insurance and obesity. The National Longitudinal Survey of Youth–which followed 12,000 teenagers over 15 years–provided the data. Bhattacharya found that teenagers’ body mass index was 2.1 points higher when they were on Medicaid and 1.3 points higher among those with commercial insurance, compared to the uninsured.

The Oregon Health Experiment, with its results posted today, is just the latest study to show the same result. Having health insurance and being healthy are two very distinct states of being. Let’s stop confusing the two.

http://www.forbes.com/
===========================

The mere act of providing health insurance probably doesn’t correlate with better health because we are actually more in control of our health, and longevity for that matter, than we realize. Good health is mostly determined by our personal choices and environments — rather than our insurances, hospitals, procedures, doctors and drugs. Even our genetics probably play only a minor to moderate role at best when it comes to developing chronic illness or cancer (with exception for strongly penetrated genetic diseases). We know this is true because of decades of research on twins that use heritability factors to quantify the genetic influence on the development of disease. With the exception of death from coronary artery disease in men, it’s non-genetic factors that hold the majority of the power when it comes to our chances of developing breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer and Type II diabetes.

http://ideas.time.com/2012/07/02/does-health-insurance-actually-make-people-healthier/
============================

You must know some of the dumbest people in the world who keep explaining things to you. Your "home insurance" will not pay for your injuries if you have an accident in your own home. You auto insurance will not necessarily pay for your injuries if you have an auto accident. Depends if you have no-fault insurance or medical payments coverage.

I know this is beyond you, but some people get sick no matter what they do to take care of themselves.

And yes, I heard the same thing about people subconsciously creating illness just so they can use their health insurance. In fact, I understand people are knocking themselves off left and right these days so they can collect under their life insurance ROFLMAO.

THANK so much for explaining things!

Laugh all you want to, I understand it's good for your health. But actual evidence doesn't back you up, which makes me !
 tallish3243
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/10/2015 7:56:35 AM
There is plenty of evidence to show that staying away from the doctor is a good thing to do . . . but health insurance is there for things you have no control over, like CANCER. You are the one who can laugh all you want. Having Health Insurance provides you with the means of receiving State of the Art care in the US for things that otherwise will kill you.

Also provides treatment for injuries.

You can point to all of the studies in the world. . . but the fact is there are at times people need outside medical help. You can convince yourself you don't need insurance of course. My wife is very healthy . . . like me she eats well, exercises regularly, looks younger than she is, etc. . . . she still came down with Breast Cancer. I suppose she could have gone the alternative quack route and taken her chances, instead she chose the Lumpectomy route and had the cancer removed. She went to a nationally renowned cancer treatment center to have it done. This was more than five years ago. Where would she be right now if she had not treated her cancer? I hate to think about it.

Look, I have never had to use my own health insurance. I get that not having health insurance may not be a deadly decision. But like anything else, its there if worse comes to worse and you really need it. My mortgage is paid off on my house. It probably will never burn down . . but it might. So I pay five thousand plus per year for home owner's insurance. Also helps if I am sued because somebody trips on my sidewalk.

In my case, I pay so much for health insurance, I almost would like to self-insure. . . but with three other people in the house, I am not going to put their lives at risk by doing so. And with cancer in the past . . . who knows what the future holds.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 54
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:15:21 AM

I suppose she could have gone the alternative quack route and taken her chances, instead she chose the Lumpectomy route and had the cancer removed. She went to a nationally renowned cancer treatment center to have it done. This was more than five years ago. Where would she be right now if she had not treated her cancer? I hate to think about it.

Quacks cost money also. But I think a Lumpectomy is the right choice.

A Lumpectomy cost about $7,000 in the USA, it should actually cost less than $3,000. You could have paid the full amount and saved money over buying health insurance.

IMO and the opinion of a lot of others, the business model for health care is seriously flawed in the USA, causing huge increases in costs for NO additional benefits.

I wasn't advocating NOT going to a doctor for a serious illusion, but IMO health-care is way overpriced and it's not cost justified.

But in the USA, it's hard to avoid paying too much, medical professionals, the insurances industry, the drug industry have all legally prevented any competition from happening, any price comparisons, and even limited the number of doctors.

I agree with you when you said the ACA is just the start of a one payer system. But I think that will be a good thing.

It's only when you get outside of the USA medical industry that you being to get a real idea of how flawed it is.

You do know the USA is number #34 in life expectancy BUT number #1 by a large amount in health-care cost in the world?
 tallish3243
Msg: 55
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:23:10 AM
Yes, for all of the money spent on the US health system . . . it is still only something like the 37th best in the world maybe 27th?)

Medical care in the States is laughingly expensive, but like tuition and everything else where free money drives the cost . . .in the case of tuition, student loans) . . . people being what they are take advantage.

The lumpectomy was more than 7000 . . anesthesiologist, etc. etc. What was really expensive was the radiation treatment . . which who knows if it was really necessary, but strongly recommended by the doctors . . so we went with it. Insurance paid about 50% of the initial charge.

Many doctors are just scum suckers and charge whatever they believe the traffic will bear. I have seen surgeons charge 150K for two hour back surgeries because there is litigation involved and they have their hand in the pie looking for their piece of the action.

Its all a joke right now. But for health insurance availability, medical charges would be way less because there is no point in charging far more than you could ever hope to collect. I have seen chiropractors charge $300 per session when they would charge the unisured $40 per session. Actually, I am fighting with a chiropractor now who had the audacity to charge a client of mine $31,000 for his "adjustments" over time, including several $1000.00 plus visits. I told him he is entitled only to reasonable and customary charges, not whatever the damn he wants to charge.

Its all part of the entitlement society. The Neurosurgeon charging 150K for his services simply believes he is entitled because he thinks he is that good. Professors (generally liberal fuks) are paid several hundred K per year to work six hours per week benefiting their students with their vast knowledge. The rest of the time they are spent in really serious research . . . stuff like teenagers with acne suffer anxiety. . . and then they have all of those sabbaticals to Europe at their student's expense, so they can impart more worldly advice onto their students.

The only good thing I would say is that all of this money has helped to finance the advanced technology. On the other hand, these medical establishments are radiating people for no damn good reason other than their bottom lines.

Everybody takes advantage. Everything in the US is a scam.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 56
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:34:44 AM

Bhattacharya found that teenagers’ body mass index was 2.1 points higher when they were on Medicaid and 1.3 points higher among those with commercial insurance, compared to the uninsured.

These are teenagers. The first thing I note is that poverty leads to obesity - Medicaid coverage is correlated with higher BMI. I'm not sure where they would find kids 12 to 15 who have no coverage, but I'm willing to bet that this wouldn't be a large enough percentage of the group to be statistically significant.

Years ago when I was an undergrad I wrote a paper on Canada's socialized medical system. It was only 15 years old at the time. Before that, Canada and the US had the same systems. Canada's healthcare costs were higher per capita before the Canada Health Act, and the outcomes were worse. 15 years later that had reversed and was increasing in both areas. Having health care has made us healthier than you. Our infant mortality rates, life spans, recovery from cancer, heart attack, stroke..... By every measure we are healthier than you and paying less than you.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 11:16:18 AM
Not sure Dragon...my mom was a smoker and got checked every year. One year she skipped her annual and the next year she found out she had lung cancer that spread to other parts. She was given 6 months( they give the min. usually) and because of insurance paid treatments she lived another 4 years, comfortable enough to work most of it.

I generally go for my annual blood and urine test and that is all. But I feel safe by being covered. Of course it doesn't cost me anything but still.

As for accidents, they happen. Certain things can be treated cheaply at a clinic, I guess, but you would be surprised at the price of somethings.

I had a kennel worker get bitten by a foaming feral cat. They took her to an emergency room( I went also). The ambulance bill was 750 bucks, the multiple Rabies shots were over 6 thousand. Imagine that? Thank god she had some coverage.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 58
Posted: 8/10/2015 11:33:20 AM

The ambulance bill was 750 bucks

Isn't that intersting... When I had to send my youngest to emerg in an ambulance about 5 years ago... the flat-rate for medically-necessary ambulance services was $45.00...

And even if I had just happened to be lazy... and called an ambulance just for "the ride" when it isn't needed... It's a max of $240.00...

$750.00 for a medically-necessary ambulance ride...? It's coercive... no better than blackmail... because you don't really have an option... besides possibly dying...
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 11:36:50 AM
^^^^Even scarier that it was a city ,FDNY, ambulance! The hospital was in walking distance and it wasn't such an emergency BUT since the health dept and police are involved they put you in an ambulance..that is theirs!

In addition, although, they can't force you to get the rabies shots, the city pretty much pushes it. They make all types of calls asking for info and making suggestions.
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 11:57:57 AM

Isn't that intersting... When I had to send my youngest to emerg in an ambulance about 5 years ago... the flat-rate for medically-necessary ambulance services was $45.00...

And even if I had just happened to be lazy... and called an ambulance just for "the ride" when it isn't needed... It's a max of $240.00...

Mungo Joe, it all depends on which province you live in. I did a google search and the following is what came up from Alberta Health Services:

"All Albertans, regardless of where they live in the province, will pay the same rate for ground ambulance service in Alberta. The new provincial rate has two fees: $250 if a patient is treated at the scene, but not transported to a hospital, or. $385 if a patient is transported to a hospital.
also
"Dec 23, 2014 - Alberta Health pays the complete cost of ambulance services for seniors 65 ... wait times at emergency departments (Edmonton and Calgary) ..."

I happen to have auxilliary health care benefits (Blue Cross) which will cover some of the cost of an ambulance should I be in another province/country. I also have employer group health care benefits which does not cover ambulance fees.

Bottom line is it depends on where you live in Canada as to what is covered and how much ($) is covered.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 61
Posted: 8/10/2015 11:58:45 AM

BUT since the health dept and police are involved they put you in an ambulance..that is theirs!

Well yeah... because THEIR liability insurer FORCES them to... on penalty of cancellation/refusal to pay out...

In addition, although, they can't force you to get the rabies shots, the city pretty much pushes it. They make all types of calls asking for info and making suggestions.

The rabies treatment would have been "free"... Basically, "no questions asked"... other than "Has the suspect animal been caught?"... if that had been the reason my son went...

Bottom line is it depends on where you live in Canada as to what is covered and how much ($) is covered.

Yeah... I'm wondering what that actually has to do with... coercive "for profit" medical costs... to people who have no gov't-run plan...?

If you can find me a link that comes even close to $750.00 for a medically-necessary "in-town" ambulance ride... and thousands for potentially life-saving treatment... that the individual has to "figure out" where it is going to come from... for themselves... I might start to agree that the "relative cost differences" between universal gov't health plans actually speaks to anything other than... the differences between universal gov't health plans...
 cotter
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 12:19:15 PM
I have not looked lately to compare infant mortality rates but I believe I recall that the mortality rate is less in Germany than here in the US.

Germany has had socialized medicine for what seems like forever. I positive it makes a difference in the health of the baby AND the mother for moms to get their maternity check-ups.

They also have a nice way of tracking the whole pregnancy. It's called a "mother's pass" ... a book we keep with us at all times during the pregnancy. It has the results of each check-up ... blood pressure, iron levels, position of the fetus, other notable remarks. There's room in the book for at least 3 pregnancies. (I filled my book up.)

http://www.berlinforallthefamily.com/pregnant/the-mutterpass-an-english-explanation-translation

The idea is that no matter where you travel of go, you have that record with you and if you develop problems, all you have to do is show the book to the doctor at the ER or urgent care. I think it would be nice to see something like that initiated here in the US.

Life without health insurance ... I can't imagine being pregnant here in the US without insurance.

I was just way too spoiled in Germany.
 tallish3243
Msg: 63
Posted: 8/10/2015 12:35:00 PM

I'm not entirely happy with the ACA either, but to say it is "outrageously expensive" is outrageously ridiculous!
That is, when you compare it to the costs of commercial insurance pre-ACA, it is much cheaper

Maybe for you, not for me. Not only is the premium for ACA a few hundred more per month, but the deductibles are much higher as are the maximum out of pockets 12,000 per family, I believe vs. 5,000 for what I now have. But I am not being subsidized by anybody. Just like nobody is giving me any money to send my kids to college.

It is not a burden at all, because it is FULLY tax deductible under the schedule of itemized deductions; and thus lowers your tax-burden

At best, you are saving about 40 cents on the dollar if in the higher tax brackets. Regardless, since I own a small business, I am pretty familiar with what is a burden, and I would say health insurance is one of my largest expenditures outside of payroll for my small business, and since I cut back on my advertising to about zero.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 1:44:33 PM
Dragon
Easy blaadclat. Like you west indian accent though mon. Its boss geezer. But hey i notice you had no comment about this bit of my post blaad.

"Health tourists: How much do they cost and who pays?
‘Deliberate’ use of the NHS—use by those who come here specifically to receive free treatment or who come for other reasons but take advantage of the system when they’re here—is hard to quantify. It’s thought to be very roughly between £110 million and £280 million a year.
‘Normal’ use of the NHS—by foreign visitors who’ve ended up being treated while in England—is estimated to cost about £1.8 billion a year.
The majority of these costs aren’t currently charged for. Only about £500 million is thought to be recoverable or chargeable at the moment."

Easy mon ya knaa innit blaad.

Easy to miss though when it doesnt suit your point of view blaadclaat mon innit?

Toodle Pip from a just hame from his bairns birthday party Dracul
 flaneur001
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 2:07:39 PM
mungojoe: here's $2,000 ambulance costs http://priceonomics.com/the-wild-west-of-ambulance-charges/
 dragonbytes
Msg: 66
Posted: 8/10/2015 2:20:09 PM

But hey i notice you had no comment about this bit of my post blaad.

Comment: The UK should fix their system, make it so you need a UK resident ID to get healthcare.

I did look into a little closer, I could always find a use for free healthcare. I was thinking if it were really that easy, why isn't the airport overrun with tourist looking for heart transplants and face lifts?

Most of that expense seems to be tourists who encounter accidents or need emergency care when traveling. But I was surprised to see it's mostly free.

However, hospitals are required to charge overseas visitors.

I could go over to the UK and get a GP to register me, though I have no idea what register means. Then what can the general practitioner medically do for me? A physical, prescription, blood work, but nothing major? I am not really sure. I guess if I had a failing heart I could fly to London and have my heart attack there? As an emergency I would get treatment free?

The majority of the problem seem to be from EEA countries and non-EEA countries like India and Pakistan. It appears you can drive from New Delhi to London.

What can I say, you have generous healthcare scheme, is the care you get top rate?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 67
Posted: 8/10/2015 2:42:34 PM

mungojoe: here's $2,000 ambulance costs http://priceonomics.com/the-wild-west-of-ambulance-charges/

Oooo... kaayyyy...

And it's not at all clear what the point there is... You will explain it to us... won't you...?

I could guess... like say... You're showing us another example of coercive "for profit" costs... Which would be OK... just a tad redundant... since we already have that... but still ok...

But I would much rather you explain it... so that I don't have to guess...
 dragonbytes
Msg: 68
Posted: 8/10/2015 4:30:00 PM
mungojoe_
If you can find me a link that comes even close to $750.00 for a medically-necessary "in-town" ambulance ride... and thousands for potentially life-saving treatment... that the individual has to "figure out" where it is going to come from... for themselves... I might start to agree that the "relative cost differences" between universal gov't health plans actually speaks to anything other than... the differences between universal gov't health plans...

I ignored this since I assumed you were talking about the USA, however if you were it didn't make any sense.

The USA does not have a universal gov't health plan, we have a hodgepodge of many private health plans with little agreement between states.

The result of having this mishmash of plans is higher costs in many places.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 69
Posted: 8/10/2015 4:42:40 PM

I ignored this since I assumed you were talking about the USA, however if you were it didn't make any sense.

The USA does not have a universal gov't health plan, we have a hodgepodge of many private health plans with little agreement between states.

The result of having this mishmash of plans is higher costs in many places.

Hmmm... yes... I see your confusion...

Would it help if I pointed out this part...?

My response of:

Was in response to tinkerbellcgy... commenting about difference in pricing... between different Canadian universal health care plans...

Who was, in turn, commenting on my point about Ontario universal healthcare plan costs...

Do you see the context there...? The "universal healthcare plan" context...? That is what you are missing in not understanding the point I made...

Yes... I do understand that... In fact... it was one of the biggest parts of the point I made originally... at the start of the exchange... when referencing universal gov't healthcare plan costs... relative to costs of the lack of such a thing in the US...

It always helps to read all the posts in a given exchange... otherwise... it is very easy to misunderstand... what points are being made...

Did that help to clarify things for you...?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 70
Posted: 8/10/2015 4:54:24 PM
mungjoe

I can see where the post went off track. You were talking about the $750.00 for a medically-necessary "in-town" ambulance

This $750 was ONLY mentioned by adventurejoe in post 74, and it was about a USA price.

So while you were responding to tinkerbellcgy about Canada, the example you used of differences was between New York and Canada, then started to expound on the relative price difference between two universal gov't health plans.

So it wasn't clear what you were comparing or why. But now I get what you were trying to point out.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 71
Posted: 8/10/2015 5:08:05 PM

Yes, for all of the money spent on the US health system . . . it is still only something like the 37th best in the world maybe 27th?)

Medical care in the States is laughingly expensive, but like tuition and everything else where free money drives the cost . . .in the case of tuition, student loans) . . . people being what they are take advantage.

I largely agree with you, but I wouldn't say "free money" when talking about tuition. It's really easy money.

Easy money for tuition in that it's easy to get a student loan, and you don't have to start repaying it too much later, but it's really difficult to discharge school loans in any bankruptcy.

In a similar way, it's easy to rack up medical debt, they don't tell you what it's going to cost then bill you whatver they want. Insurance pays a big part, but insurace is funded through work, so your take home pay is reduced to pay for insurance which in turn funds the medical complex. By hiding the true costs, things like insurance allows prices to rise while those who are insured don't fully realize the rising bill. Then those that price health service jack up the retail price of medical care while medicare and medicaid pay onlly a fraction of the retail price. The only ones that pay the full retain price are the uninsured.

Everything in the US is a scam.
There are a lot of good things about the USA, but healthcare and school cost are out of control.
 Brave_one
Msg: 72
Posted: 8/10/2015 5:41:12 PM

lol
No offensive to anyone here with their personal complains ,,etc in dealing with the '' doo doo’’in life throws at us....

As the best offensive, is the best defense....knowledge is power, and to use that knowledge to live, love & succeed in life, as bad thing happen to good people, etc. regardless..But...... in the end, you still can say that you were glad you did..... in being prepare in any event .....drama free as we, the ones who walked in the valley know...such is life...no one is exempt...
 HFX_RGB2
Msg: 73
Posted: 8/10/2015 6:53:30 PM

That is what you get when you have an oligarchy, like you do in the USA.

Just look at the scam the prison companies have been running, as it is no accident that the USA leads the world in % behind bars, they turned it into a trillion dollar business, because you know the goverment would have just screwed that up.

Then that trickles down to the police forces who are incentivize to arrest people, because municipalities that had to replace lost corporations taxes with more municipal fines, all in the name of profit.

There are a lot of good things about the USA, but healthcare and school cost are out of control.

I would agree that health care in the USA is one of the biggest rip offs going, due to over pricing.

Schools on the other hand are under funded and thanks to people treating them like business and always going with the lowest bidder along with tons of corruption at the board levels.

Clean that up and treat and pay school teachers what they are worth and the extra cost pays for its self.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 8/10/2015 8:01:49 PM
I only wish the laws in Virginia were as some people have posted. I did sign up and went through all the extremely poorly written mess of the government health care procedures. At least, I did the two out of twenty times that I TRIED to log in, and found the site actually functioning. They said I could get zero help, and would have to pay the same for my required coverage as I was being offered before the ACA. Just that.

And by the way, if someone lived in my area of Virginia, and only made $25k, THEY wouldn't be able to afford that $122 a month payment, either. They would have to use their entire income just to pay rent on partial use of a substandard apartment in a ragged section of town.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 75
Posted: 8/11/2015 6:20:30 AM
Igor:

The subsidy income limit for a single person in 2012 was $45,960..I think it's been indexed so it may be greater in 2015.

When I read that you couldn't get help I decided to look into the Virginia ACA site...there are 4 means of in person help:

There are several places that patients can get assistance with enrollment. These include:
Navigators: Navigators are trained individuals that provide fair, impartial and accurate information that assists consumers in enrolling in a Qualified Health Plan (QHP). Navigators work with consumers to submit the eligibility application and help qualified individuals in making informed decisions during the health plan selection.

Certified Application Counselors (CAC): These individuals will perform many of the same functions as Navigators including educating consumers and aiding them in completing an application for coverage. CACs may include community health centers or other health care providers, hospitals or social service agencies.

Agents and Brokers: These are individuals licensed in Virginia to sell health insurance and appointed by the health plans participating in the Marketplace. They also must undergo training and be certified by the federal government.

Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs): FQHCs will have CACs in their facilities willing to help consumers enroll in a plan.

All this can be found at:

http://www.vhha.com/varesourcesacaenrollment.html

Or at:

http://enroll-virginia.com

Or if it's medicaid;

http://www.coverva.org/
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Life without health insurance