Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 a_don23
Msg: 22
Need some help with my profile please.Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
You're not trying to attract the people it didn't go down well with.

Which would you rather have? A woman who will find the humor in it or someone who deems it "offensive" because liberal media told her she should? <-- this is from the guy above me. I quoted it but it was quoting my entire post.

even though this guy was a bit of a****in my profile, I would have to agree with him. Strawberry has good advice, but I wouldn't listen to all of it. I've seen her advice in my profile review and others. She picks at anything that is modern day, "risky", and humourous/fun to the younger generation. If you have tattoos man, show em! You clearly like them, you got them after all, and I bet you would like a woman with tattoos as well. If you hide your tattoos and the fact you like them, you could chase away a woman that you would really click with because she might want a man that has tattoos. Or they may think you don't approve of them in a worst case scenario. And leave the Mr. T photo, seriously. Your standard person is an idiot when it comes to racism. You are not in anyway saying blacks are inferior or superior by dressing as Mr. T, and racism is an action that puts a race above or below another. Not one girl I know would find that offensive, but they would find you creative and funny. Think of it this way: why would you dress up as a famous black person that you hated because he was black? People only imitate in that form out of respect and admiration.
 a_don23
Msg: 23
Need some help with my profile please.
Posted: 8/12/2015 7:18:45 PM
*** ok, what am I missing? Why is a white guy doing a poor Mr T funny? I mean, yea maybe if you look like nothing like him ( a small, skinny dude.. nah even that sucks
So where is the humour***

honestly... the generation gap I think. All the woman in here that are 50+ have problems with a lot of the younger peoples profiles and think everyone is bad, negative, and not funny. All my friends find those costumes amazing when we see them.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/12/2015 7:19:58 PM
Dude, I think you misunderstood me. I was being critical of the advice you were being given.
 a_don23
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/12/2015 7:30:57 PM
My apologies then.
 Forums_only
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/12/2015 7:33:04 PM

All the woman in here that are 50+ have problems with a lot of the younger peoples profiles and think everyone is bad, negative, and not funny

Just as not all the 'younger people' on these sites have silly profiles, not all the 'women in here that are 50+' have problems with (humour) and think everyone is 'bad, negative', etc. Do your friends have any single girl friends they can introduce you to?

It's YOUR profile and you choose how you want to be perceived. If it's working for you, GREAT! If it's not, consider maybe some of the obvious stuff that has already been suggested. Good luck!
 NJgirl116
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/13/2015 9:23:34 PM
If you wrote to me (and were closer to my age) I'd absolutely respond. You have the face of a nice, kind person and that's not everyone.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/13/2015 9:58:44 PM
And that's the first and only thing that stood out to me about you... I glazed over other pics and profile - okay. But someone whose eyes say that he is genuine, a pleasure to be around and a gift to have for a friend - I'll remember.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/13/2015 10:01:15 PM
Ha, and there we go. The perspective of someone closer to his age.

I rest my case.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 32
Posted: 8/14/2015 2:14:16 PM
That’s funny…..I think Mr. T was part of the 80s….?? “Rocky 3,” “The A Team,” yeah, the 80s. He’s more part of us old rickety broads’ culture than those who were running around in diapers. ~shrug~

You seem like a nice man who should be meeting real women in real life. Good luck.
 FlipFlops4Life
Msg: 34
Posted: 8/14/2015 2:53:15 PM
I love love LOVE the "Mr. T" photo and I think it's hilarious.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 36
Posted: 8/15/2015 4:36:10 AM

I love love LOVE the "Mr. T" photo and I think it's hilarious.

haha, and there we go.

You profile nitpickers are really proving me wrong!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  >