Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "No answer is an answer" Is that really true?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 101
No answer is an answer Is that really true?Page 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

You don't count lately, you have this experience with foreign Asian women. The quote stated "in this culture".

Fair point though you did say "some poster" said that without clarifing who said it and what country they were a native of.

But within the USA, do you believe when a man says no, a woman accepts his authority and it's the end of discussion?

Because I sure don't read women in the USA that way.
 Peas_
Msg: 102
No answer is an answer Is that really true?
Posted: 8/19/2015 1:46:20 PM
Where did I say "some poster"? It was a post about that Gray article:

there were a couple good points made in that Emma Gray article.

and a post from a reader:

But within the USA, do you believe when a man says no, a woman accepts his authority and it's the end of discussion?

You ever been in the military?
 Blackwood85
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2015 1:53:42 PM

"When a man says no in this culture, it's the end if the discussion. When a woman says no, it's the beginning of a negotiation"

I guess you have never tried to say no to a woman about buying a home, buying a new car, perfume, jewelry, long term relationship status, no is never the end of the discussion.

Or sex. Hell hath no fury than a woman who's horny.

"Hey what are you doing?"
"It's 2 AM, I'm sleeping"
"I'm coming over."
"why?"
"Is that OK?"
"I'm sleeping, I'm only awake because my phone's volume is up."
"I want to see you."'
"It's 2 AM and you won't get here till damn near 3, just meet up tomorrow."
"OK fine, whatever bye!"

2 minutes later

"You're an ***hole!"
 dragonbytes
Msg: 104
Posted: 8/19/2015 1:58:27 PM

Peas_

Msg: 86
view profile
History

Now this is about spreadsheets and fun stuff like that !!!!
Posted: 8/19/2015 624 AM
there were a couple good points made in that Emma Gray article.

What's inappropriate is hounding the other person, and dominating her personal space (virtual or IRL) to the point where she is forced to acknowledge you.

and a post from a reader:
"When a man says no in this culture, it's the end if the discussion. When a woman says no, it's the beginning of a negotiation"

A post from a reader did not specify what culture the reader was from. But just nitpicking.

So have I ever been in the military? How is that pertinent? I expect military orders will be obeyed regardless of gender.
 Peas_
Msg: 105
Posted: 8/19/2015 2:39:36 PM
the men today are extremely daft and taxing my patience today.

Look up that little quote on the actual article from one of her readers:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/dear-men-women-dont-owe-you-anything_55d24e00e4b07addcb43c3d4?kvcommref=mostpopular

It is comment #8 of 36. It is the American site for the Huffington.

eeeesh. Detail Data orientated are ya?
 Brave_one
Msg: 106
Posted: 8/19/2015 4:40:56 PM

Dating spreadsheet = way too much time on your hands.

Way

...with control freak issues

You read my mind too ........ some scary & freaky shzt going on here....
 CharminC
Msg: 107
Posted: 8/19/2015 5:19:32 PM
I never thought it was scary or freaky but that it was pointless.
The more time and energy you spend focusing on trying to accomplish something, the less you will be able accomplish it.

Just send those messages and let it go.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 108
Posted: 8/19/2015 5:57:33 PM

It is comment #8 of 36. It is the American site for the Huffington.

eeeesh. Detail Data orientated are ya?

As I said, I was just nitpicking, what I didn't explain is that it was in response to your own nitpicking.

Getting all hot about the differences between databases and spreadsheets, how a query is used, I don't understand American women since I am married to an Asian, what's the point of all that?

The Emma Gray article, the men behaved like entitled children, I guess it's just a sign of the times, both men and women have grown up being told they are special. But are shocked when no one outside of their parents think so.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 109
Satin or Cotton Sheets, which are Easier to Spread
Posted: 8/19/2015 6:06:52 PM

As I said, I was just nitpicking, what I didn't explain is that it was in response to your own nitpicking.

You know it's run it's course when the nitpicking is about the nitpicking over the nitpicking. :)
 CynthiaSM
Msg: 110
Satin or Cotton Sheets, which are Easier to Spread
Posted: 8/19/2015 8:03:24 PM
HAHA man nitpicking about the nitpicking nitpickers :-)

Cant answer the question because satin sheets are disgusting; I spread only cotton.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 111
 south_city
Msg: 112
Posted: 8/22/2015 3:46:40 PM

I agree that's probably true most of the time. But there are exceptions. One time a woman emailed me 3 weeks after I had emailed her. Having said that, if a woman doesn't respond to my initial email, I probably wouldn't contact her again. Maybe unless I had made major changes to my profile and/or added better pictures of myself. If I had already exchanged some emails with her, then I might contact here 1 more time. If a person doesn't respond to 2 consecutive texts / emails / phone calls, then most likely they aren't interested.

Another possible reason for an exception besides new pictures / revised profile and a woman not seeing his initial email. A woman was already talking to or dating a few men. Thus she ignores ( deletes ) any emails from any other men. A man emails her a second time after it didn't work out with the men that she was talking to at the time of the initial email.
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 113
Posted: 8/22/2015 4:04:07 PM
Wait a minute. Spreadsheets? Databases???

No. Just no. Too much work.

F*ck that shit.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 114
Posted: 8/22/2015 4:23:37 PM
^^^^^^

" You might call that notion ironic, but trust me, you'll come around."
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 8/22/2015 4:24:55 PM
Yeah..on our tours , spreadsheets will be handed out!
 Peas_
Msg: 116
Posted: 8/22/2015 4:47:35 PM

Yeah..on our tours , spreadsheets will be handed out!

No, no, no.....reports from queries with linked in filtered spreadsheets into cross linked databases.

With graphs and bar charts! You want to know the potential for the answer "No." , and being rejected, don't cha?

I mean, you could message these people like 3 x's before you get the gist that they are not interested and "No." means no.....if you were separated from your wife and looking n shit.
 gtomustang
Msg: 117
Posted: 8/22/2015 4:54:35 PM
Spreadsheets will be handed out? I thought they were in the back of the instruction manual. or are they only satin?

I don't remember the last answer I gave--if I gave one--but someone will be sure to point it out if I contradict myself: I;m not sure how a spreadsheet is a kiss of death. if it makes someone more comfortable dating, go for it. I likely won't even know that the reason they are so attentive to me is that they have crib sheets.

oh wait, do the kids even use those anymore? I meant an "app". dang it, let me check the glossory in the POF instruction manual, it explains all the new terms like what a PUA is...everyone stay where they are, don't move, I'll find it....I sure hope no one removed the glossary when they had the appendix taken out...
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 118
Posted: 8/22/2015 7:25:56 PM

You can take it to the bank R/T, if you send a message and you don't get a response it's because they're not interested...period, and they have the unequivocal right too not be obligated to tell you as to the reason why.

OMG REALLLY???? Women aren't obligated to give me a reason????????????? Who the **** didn't know that already? It changes absolutely NOTHING on whether or not no response is really a response or not.

Dude, you're just looking for ANYTHING to attack me personally. But, it's all shit you just pull out of your ass that I never say.

So, for the 123985y123958712395712309571239057129305710923857981235th time. No woman owes me or any guy a single response to anything that we ever say. But if she chooses to use complete silence, she has to assume responsibility for any followup messages, and stuff like that. And if she chooses to respond, she has to take responsibilty for the things that she says, and the reaction that those things can cause. The exception to this is the ***holes who flip out on the polite rejections. But not polite the way some morons here think that saying someone is too short is polite. I mean polite as in if I said it to you, you wouldn't want to punch me in the face.

Communication really escapes people here.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 119
Posted: 8/22/2015 7:48:22 PM

Dude, you're just looking for ANYTHING to attack me personally. But, it's all shit you just pull out of your ass that I never say.

Are you drunk or what? I don't have to LOOK for anything. 98% of your posts are the same bs. You started off criticizing women who won't give you a response, then you morphed to not receiving the type of response you want since "sorry, we're not a match" sent you into a convulsions and demanding to know the truth, to now she has to take responsibility if she says he's short because that hurts your itty bitty feelings. You're neurotic at best. Deal with it.
 Peas_
Msg: 120
Posted: 8/22/2015 7:55:19 PM

But not polite the way some morons here think that saying someone is too short is polite. I mean polite as in if I said it to you, you wouldn't want to punch me in the face.

Yer too short and so was my ex husband who looked like a troll. I punched him right the fuck back in the nose too.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 121
Posted: 8/22/2015 7:55:53 PM
No ass, she has to take responsibilty for anyone's response to her attacks on them physically or their character. If I go to a random girl and just say "You're fat." would she be wrong if she took offense to that? Is she wrong if she yells at me? Is it my fault that she yelled at me?
 ThePigIsHereForEternity
Msg: 122
Posted: 8/22/2015 11:25:56 PM

But if she chooses to use complete silence, she has to assume responsibility for any followup messages, and stuff like that.

You are one dumb motherf*cker. No, she does *not* have to assume responsibility for choosing not to respond. However, the weak ass, emotionally broken, piece of shit loser who can't handle a woman NOT giving him the attention he's desperately craving is responsible for acting like a complete idiot if he chooses to send her a nasty message.

For you to justify this shit makes you sound like a genuine psychopath. You belong in a mental home.

You know, you have already admitted that you find threads with people agreeing to be dull. I think you're just bored and lonely, and the only way for you to get any attention is to be the contrarian, but it got really old a long f*cking time ago.
 2ufo
Msg: 123
Posted: 8/23/2015 2:52:08 PM

No ass, she has to take responsibilty for anyone's response to her attacks on them physically or their character. If I go to a random girl and just say "You're fat." would she be wrong if she took offense to that? Is she wrong if she yells at me? Is it my fault that she yelled at me? .

Whoa, whoa, whoa; hold on a moment.

Are you saying that any response is 'an attack'? It sounds like it.
You are saying that if I say 'no, thanks' to some guy and he takes offense and thinks it's some sort of attack because he's short/bald/blonde/whatever and he thinks that is the reason I am rejecting him and goes on some verbal shooting spree then it's my fault?
No. My actions are my responsibility and his actions are his responsibility. You appear to want to delegate the blame for your actions and attitude to someone else.

PS - If you go to a random girl and say 'you're fat' then you're a rude jerk who shouldn't be allowed in public and she'll probably just leave (with or without a colorful, verbal opinion of your social skills and lack thereof). If she thinks she's fat, she might leave a little faster so she can go home and cry (and I've known some skinny women who thought thay were fat).
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2015 2:55:29 PM

For you to justify this shit makes you sound like a genuine psychopath. You belong in a mental home.

Well we do have a thread on mental illness a few doors down!

He termed the phrase: "But she made me do it because she didn't answer!"
 lyn1214
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 8/23/2015 4:55:57 PM
so many posters here have it spot on with their replies! I don't get what there is to "get over" when a stranger,yes stranger, doesn't reply your message. of course,yes there are times the person got caught up or too busy,but more often than not they are hoping their silence tells you, thanks but no thanks. a couple of days to a week anybody should be able to hit you back if interested. having night sweats stressing over the profile of someone that gave you a bo**r not answering you back is cray ! be real you aren't sending multiple messeges because what's written in their profile is so awesome. what would suffice,them renting out a small plane to state the obvious to you.

as far as tons of messages, as one stated that is more often the first few days "fresh meat" thing with many just after hookups or whatever else. tapers from there for most women.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "No answer is an answer" Is that really true?