Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "No answer is an answer" Is that really true?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 151
No answer is an answer Is that really true?Page 7 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)

BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE THINKING, THEY ONLY KNOW WHAT YOU ACTUALLY SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we are again... we've gone full circle...yet again.

Listen carefully this time....no response is a unspoken response.

As much as it frustrates you it's just a plain old fact.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 152
No answer is an answer Is that really true?
Posted: 8/27/2015 10:11:06 AM

That some people will send a follow-up message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not because they're creepy control freaks like you morons make them out to be,

i'd hardly call some guy sending a follow-up message something she has to "accept". she doesn't have to accept shit. don't you get that? she is completely free to ignore anyone's second, third, and 15th messages, or just block the guy and be done with it.

but yes. there is some small chance that she overlooked your first message but will be thrilled to read the follow-up..... fifth grader in the back of the room going 'ooooooo'. and good luck with that strategy.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 153
Pity Replies. Do they exist?
Posted: 8/27/2015 10:11:07 AM
Pity fvcks were frowned upon but grudgingly agreed to exist.

Maybe pity replies exist too?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 154
Posted: 8/27/2015 11:25:09 AM

BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE THINKING, THEY ONLY KNOW WHAT YOU ACTUALLY SAY!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that's true.
I'm pretty sure you know what most people are thinking on this thread.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2015 1:17:39 PM

RT can't even see that with his "get a reply or die trying" gangster text attitude to messages, he's actually putting women on a far bigger pedestal than the one he accused Pig of putting them on. Just my two pence.

+1 post of the hour.

Yes, things are different in real life but I hope you can understand, why we, your honoured friends, have a slightly hard time believing this. Are the girls hitchiking?

MUHAHAHA

I don't know about pity fvcks. Right about now, I'm pitying the poor fvck....

Any acquaintance with Mr . T???
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 156
Posted: 8/27/2015 3:49:53 PM

Meanwhile the reality is friends, I have a couple girls that actually aren't taking no for an answer right now...

“No” is not an answer. Why aren’t you giving them a chance? Are you shallow???

Okay, I can’t even do that. I’m worried about girls who you say won’t take no for an answer from you….what do you intend to do about it? I told you before you are scary.
Your posts here are scary. I truly hope you are lying to try to save face. Direct these girls to your forum posts and they’ll run away from you fast enough.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 8/27/2015 3:51:32 PM

I'm pretty sure you know what most people are thinking on this thread.

Oh, goody. What am I thinking .... right now? Tell it to me slow, too...! ;)

Now, blatantly ignoring someone IS an answer.

Or just ignoring them in general. The only way no answer doesn't give information is if they in no way knew it was asked/stated any more than knowing that Regis Philbin is their grandfather. Unless it's like that, it is answer. If they Should have known/heard it, then the Situation is giving them at least a partial answer. It boils down to this: You (nor I) are in any position who requires all answers we may have to something. Hence, people can ignore your your message. Well, why? I want an answer to that! It's an endless cycle. Or you see them online, they're online a lot, did they merely glaze over my profile, or look at it and think No Way? I demand answers, dammit! :) No, that's childish. They lack interest, for one reason or another. Even if in the future you get a response back in your 2nd or 3rd attempt, they still lacked interest that 1st time. Lacking interest to dig in to investigate while they had enough pen!s on their plate at the time, or grossed out.

Statistically you can narrow it down to a High % chance they were Not Interested in you. Based upon league & compatibility comparison, there's a Small % chance that they Could be interested at some point, and not optimal timing. You're never going to get all answers. However, if you pay for seeing Read/Unread/Deleted Answers -- you can pretty much narrow it down quite well. You (nor I) are blessed with some badge of "Respect" to have all messages answered. No answer = an answer. They weren't interested in you directly or indirectly at the time, in the very least.
 2ufo
Msg: 158
Posted: 8/27/2015 5:52:07 PM

That some people will send a follow-up message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not because they're creepy control freaks like you morons make them out to be, but BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE THINKING, THEY ONLY KNOW WHAT YOU ACTUALLY SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what RT, you're right.
No one knows exactly what I am thinking over the internet until I actually tell them.
So, yes. If a girl doesn't respond to your first email, email her again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
And, when she blocks you, find out she is and where she lives...
Since she hasn't answered your email and, of course, she may have deleted your emails accidently.
And you demand the right to actually get a written response.
By then, she has the right to make her written response a restraining order - at best.

RT, why are you so adamant that a 'written' response is the only response that is 'right'?
You are arguing something that you have no control over.
Even if we all agreed with you, the only person who has to disagree is the person who decides not to respond.

All I'm saying, is if you don't answer, accept the fact that he might message you again. Because YOU'RE NOT GIVING HIM AN ANSWER@!!!!!!!!! IT'S A ****ING HINT NOT AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!

Ok, I accept that fact that if someone sends me an email and, for any reason, I do not reply then I accept the fact that he might email me again. And again and again until I either answer or block him.
Happy?
 DTS_Meta
Msg: 159
Posted: 8/28/2015 10:01:45 PM
I don't know much about on-line dating aside from what I have been reading on the forums. It seems the "no answer is an answer" has credence.
This is only from personal experience, therefore it is anecdotal. I try my best to send a not so long message that is tailored to the woman I'm interested in. But I have not received a response yet. From what other posters have said, the recipients don't want to be put in the position of having to deal with someone that will ask why they were rejected or end up being a bit nuts.
It comes down to, how your profile is presented, that's your first chance for a first impression and your message might be the second, but don't bet on it.
All this is speculation on my part from what I pieced together from what others have said.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 160
Posted: 8/29/2015 1:17:47 PM

adventurejoe70 MSG 135 What is lame about the lines? If they work, they work. That is like saying a 20 dollar bill crumbled is worth nothing.

Not really my call, I was quoting _shakti_, she thought the lines were lame. I speculated that maybe those "lame" lines work once in a while. But I haven't a clue about what those lines are.

But if it only works 5% of the time, and only with women you aren't proud to be seen dating, then can we really call it a success even it results in getting "laid"?

dragonbytes He would use the same lines at a bar over and over again, he totally didn't mind rejection, and usually got a woman to leave the bar with him. Most often a tourist in Washington DC.

adventurejoe70 Sounds like a winner to me. Those are the people who win in life, regardless if it is women, money, etc. If that is indeed his goal. Questioning it would be like telling a guy who just landed a job offer from his resume that he shouldn't have sent out multiple resumes.

When I said the same lines over again, just saying players tend to go by a system that works for them, they don't care about rejection, and it doesn't matter to them how many times they strike out.

Winner? He was living in a office brownstone when I met him. No kitchen, no bathroom, no car. He had to share the bathroom with the dentist office that was renting space. So limited bathroom access between 8:00 Am - 5:00 Pm. He was working at a discount broker, which is kind of like the Walmart of Wall Street, no big commissions for him, just salary.

Why was he living in a one room office? Funny story. Funny to me, not so much to him.

He had been cheating on his wife, she was a French national living in the Washington DC area. She convinced him to move to France and her father would help him start a new stock trading business. Her father had good government connections. So he sold most of his belongings then moved to France with her.

Once settled in France, she filed for divorce.

Her father having those connections worked against him, not speaking French didn't help, and spending all his money to move was a killer.

So he moved back to the USA, and the office I think he was leasing before he left. He had no where to live, so he moved into the office.

I had to secretly admire the total fck job she did on him, it was artistic.

BTW, I dated a French woman, my take is the French think revenge is a dish best served cold, they seem to thrive on it. I would avoid pissing off a French woman, and never on her native soil.

So I am not sure I would call him a winner.

adventurejoe70 Why was he a douchebag? Can you give a definition? Apparently he was more apt at social behavior than you give him credit for. He also gave you more than you might have given him. Who doesn't appreciate advice that will get them richer and members of the opposite sex??

I would be honored to know him!

1st: He related a number of sleazy stories to me about his sex life.
2nd: He cheated on his wife and got reamed.
3rd and final: He grabbed my GF ass and hit on her. Which she informed me of after we had met him for drinks.

So that was why I said douchebag. You may be honored to meet him, but don't introduce him to any women you care about.
=================
I think maybe he hit on my GF because he was envious I had the money to speculate on his discovery while he was dead broke. So that was his way to one up me. When he described what was going on, I could see the potential for a big winner right away. I put in $15K and got back $180K in six months. Of course, there was the potential for a wipe-out if things went wrong. Or more likely a 50% loss before being able to get out, but trading could have been halted, the company was close to bankruptcy.

I took a risk because it was between Christmas and New Years, the company board was out on vacation, I wanted to confirm some details with their chief financial officer. But I could see that people knew about the situation, you could tell from the volume of trading. So I had to act before it got too far away from me.

They actually wrote up the situation in Baron's 3 weeks after I had bought in a position.

After that, he complained that if only he had some cash, he could trade his way out of his problems. He wanted to borrow $1,000, so I said OK, I will go for it. He gave me some old stock certificates he had as collateral, he said were collectibles and signed over a note to me. I still have them, this was 30 years ago.

He lost $500 the first week, and used the remaining $500 to pay off some debt that was coming due.

He wasn't a trader, he was more of an analyst.

I knew this was likely to happen, it's nearly impossible to trade when you are behind an eight ball and in debt. But he was arrogant about his knowledge and my making money from his tip, he would diss me. I thought this would be an object lesson. The $1K I figured was his comish, I didn't really expect to get it back.

Once in a while I google his name to see if he ever got into the big leagues.

Those were the glory days where anything was possible and money was there for those willing to take the risk.
 rockin-trucker82
Msg: 161
Posted: 8/29/2015 7:54:52 PM

RT, why are you so adamant that a 'written' response is the only response that is 'right'?

Why? Because of dipshit chronically single women on here who call guys creepy, call them stalkers because they had the ****ing control issues that they sent a second message just to be sure that she actually got one before ASSUMING that she's just ignoring their message. Sorry princesses, but the internet isn't all about you.

A written response isn't the only one that's right, but jesus ****ing christ do you REALLY expect 100% of people to know that you saw that they messaged you, opened it, and chose not to respond? The problem is the ****-ass ****ing attitude some of you have over a follow-up message being sent, when all you had to do, from the ****ing beginning, was spend 5 seconds of your precious, clearly super important life, sending a message just saying you're not interested.

Now, since you ****tards can't read and make shit up, I'm not saying that any woman has to send a message, but when you go with complete silence, NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF YOUR SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So enough with the bullshit about the guys messaging you over and over and over and over and over. That's YOUR ****ing choice that led to that, now ****ing live with it.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 162
Posted: 8/29/2015 8:16:38 PM

Sorry princesses, but the internet isn't all about you.

Apparently it's all about one princess though.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 163
Posted: 8/29/2015 8:16:48 PM

Why? Because of dipshit chronically single women on here who call guys creepy, call them stalkers because they had the ****ing control issues that they sent a second message just to be sure that she actually got one before ASSUMING that she's just ignoring their message. Sorry princesses, but the internet isn't all about you.

RT, I'm seeing some anger issues going on in your post.

I really think you need a break, as it can't be that difficult to accept that "no response is a response". But the true essence of all your ranting is you don't respect women or their choices. As a total stranger on the internet you are owed absolutely nothing, not even an acknowledgement that you exist.

NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF YOUR SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone does but you, why is that? Barring the .001 pct chance she actually missed that stunning, poetic first message from you, what is your point?
 sealady111
Msg: 164
Posted: 8/29/2015 8:39:43 PM
Ahhh trucker.........

you really know how to prove a point.
Such charm and eloquence.
 gtomustang
Msg: 165
Boy, it sure is.
Posted: 8/29/2015 9:26:10 PM
Oh rats, I couldn't understand his point. Maybe there's some way to get him to repeat it.

The definition of insanity, is to keep doing the same thing, over and over again. Isn't it ironic, the more you try to control someone, the harder and harder you try to get them to be "Something"....the more and more you allow them to control...you. they keep living their life the way that works so well for them, and the more you fume and get your blood pressure up. and eventually...you lose control. control over yourself, over your emotions...and you never ever get any control over them. you jump up and down, they look perfectly normal and composed, and everyone accuses you of bad things while they look so innocent.

its like squeezing a bar of wet soap. the tighter the grasp, the faster it launches out of your hand and onto the floor.
 geekgrrrl
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2015 11:09:05 PM
rockin-trucker82 said

Wrong, it is all about me.
 motowncowgirl
Msg: 167
Posted: 8/30/2015 5:24:30 AM

jesus ****ing christ do you REALLY expect 100% of people to know that you saw that they messaged you, opened it, and chose not to respond?

no. I expect 2% of the population to be too "special" to draw the kinds of reasonable inferences that are easy for everyone else.... riding the short bus of life.

So enough with the bullshit about the guys messaging you over and over and over and over and over.

the only one who is responsible for messages is the guy who is actually sending them. women do not *become* responsible because you sent them a message they chose to ignore. this is why the block button was invented. and, this is why POF sometimes deletes the profiles of men who keep abusing their message-sending privileges, but never the woman who is receiving them.

let that sink in.
 PiggyTheCowardSlayer
Msg: 168
Posted: 8/30/2015 11:22:59 AM

Oh, look at him. He's bustin' caps in yo asses again.

One last time, Dopey McMoron. You're not supposed to CARE what the "circumstances of her silence" are. You send the f*cking message, and you DO NOT think about her again unless she responds.

But noooooooooo, you would rather dwell on it for eternity.

I have nothing but the utmost pity for these women you claim are suddenly interested in you. If they could see your posts, they would run fast enough to break Olympic track and field records.
 PiggyTheCowardSlayer
Msg: 169
Posted: 8/30/2015 11:49:31 AM

Calm down RT~ nobody is worth getting this stressed out over:(

Pffft, to hell with him.....look at YOU.

Wow.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2015 12:11:29 PM

That some people will send a follow-up message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not because they're creepy control freaks like you morons make them out to be, but BECAUSE NOBODY KNOWS WHAT YOU'RE THINKING, THEY ONLY KNOW WHAT YOU ACTUALLY SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only if for some reason, either because you're stupid, or dense, or have some sort of social disorder you don't understand that any answer other than a resounding yes -- means NO!
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Boy, it sure is.
Posted: 8/30/2015 1:49:52 PM

Silence of the lambs( or Pigs)!(who deleted Pig?)

If someone sent me the above message , I would be afraid. It sounds threatening!

"GTO NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF YOUR SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Yours truly,
The Silencer

ts like squeezing a bar of wet soap. the tighter the grasp, the faster it launches out of your hand and onto the floor.

Screaming Posts like we have been reading makes this lesson of yours very practical. Insane people often end up in places where avoiding dropping the soap is important for survival. If it does happen , don't bend over.

"Dude can you pick up my soap?"
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 172
Posted: 8/30/2015 1:52:34 PM

that any answer other than a resounding yes -- means NO!

That resounding "yes" could really be a "no" if it is a lie.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 173
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:47:07 PM

If you hate them so much, why do you message them?

That resounding "yes" could really be a "no" if it is a lie.

Don’t worry….nobody will ever say “yes,” to him.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2015 6:10:49 PM

they had the ****ing control issues that they sent a second message just to be sure that she actually got one before ASSUMING that she's just ignoring their message.

It's HIGHLY likely the recipient lacked the interest to read it in due time, or read it and lacked the interest to respond. In fact, that is what IS to be assumed. Now, you can trade that in and go against the grain and repeat message them and get a small % of bites, whether they're just quickly-fizzling messages or a bit more, in return for looking creepy/weird to Many. Your mileage will vary on the bad part, depending on what you write, and your league comparison to the ones you repeat send fan-mail to. But point is, that's Justified for you to get negative feedback in return as the cost of repeat-messaging. Of the girls who do write back without anti-interest on a 2nd+ attempt -- NO, it doesn't mean they Never saw that you wrote them. Of course (many) are going to say that if asked, sure. And you CAN squeeze some out of it -- just like a salesman can squeeze more sales going door to door to those who didn't reply to the mail he sent them. They aren't any more obligated to respond!

Your position is is that they Are obligated to respond and let the letter writer know what's up in one way or another. That's the heart of the disagreement. I think a little princess/prince would be one who's writing others Expecting them to know what's up, as if they're the one of the only people to ever write them and recipients have obligations to Them. Doesn't work that way, man.

Again, you're not obligated to know the hows/whys. To know the circumstances (assuming one would be telling you the full truth; don't count on it), would require some engagement between the two.

Your POV rests on the position that By Default, if one doesn't respond to your message, it's assumed that they never saw you ever wrote them in the mailbox. I disagree. That is NOT the default assumption. It's the other way around.
 2ufo
Msg: 175
Posted: 8/30/2015 7:42:48 PM

A written response isn't the only one that's right, but jesus ****ing christ do you REALLY expect 100% of people to know that you saw that they messaged you, opened it, and chose not to respond? The problem is the ****-ass ****ing attitude some of you have over a follow-up message being sent, when all you had to do, from the ****ing beginning, was spend 5 seconds of your precious, clearly super important life, sending a message just saying you're not interested.

Now, since you ****tards can't read and make shit up, I'm not saying that any woman has to send a message, but when you go with complete silence, NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO KNOW THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF YOUR SILENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So enough with the bullshit about the guys messaging you over and over and over and over and over. That's YOUR ****ing choice that led to that, now ****ing live with it.

From all the asterisks, I assume that the answer to my question is, No, RT is not happy.

Though I can't figure out why, I did agree with him that if a person ignores a message they run the risk of getting another.

By the way, RT, if you ever do bother emailing me (ulikely) --- don't worry, I'll delete without reading and block immediately. I'll even consider moving - just in case. You won't have to guess and spend your precious minutes writing a 2nd email. Though if your time is so valuable, why have you been arguing and changing from your original argument that a woman is responsible for any violent reactions her lack of response caused in the person who sent the original email? It doesn't strike me as the words or actions of an intelligent person.

Although I don't disagree with your very first statement of (I think) it would be nice if POF had a 'not interested' button.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > "No answer is an answer" Is that really true?