Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AGE GAP      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 226
Mind the gapPage 10 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)

She has Posted about going on a Hike with someone, then telling them to 'Not Peek' as She changed from Her Hiking Garb, into a Dress, in some parking area.... Then they went out to Dinner

Nope. After a short, steep hike, we went out for fabulous ice cream. Then I drove home to shower.

You're right about me quickly changing into a short, summer dress behind my car. I put on lipstick, stepped into sandals and said, "You can look now." He was amazed.

I like to surprise people and have fun.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 227
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/25/2015 8:49:27 PM
I'll bet it was a surprise.
Having a shower in your house and then
changing into a short summer dress outside behind your car.
Not everyday you see that.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 228
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/25/2015 9:04:23 PM
browneyesboo,

My apology. Looks like I put the paragraphs in the wrong order. Here's what happened:

1. As a first meet, we did a short, steep hike.
2. Ducking behind my car, I quickly changed into a summer dress.
3. We walked a short distance for fabulous ice cream.
4. Saying goodbye, we went our separate ways.
5. At home I took a shower.

The End... or was it the beginning?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 229
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/25/2015 9:14:54 PM
This is the weirdest court case ever.
 7seatac
Msg: 230
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/25/2015 9:21:12 PM
It IS weird. Old jokes, dental floss, hypothermia, sweat, changing, ice cream, posters profiles removed, boring stuff, some not getting it that they are being played with. All we are missing is a little blood and a few zombies.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 231
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 5:37:46 AM
Oh we have a few zombies :/
I must say Seatac your name brings back some lovely memories for me.
POF should do away with the age stated on the profile and let ppl make their own judgements ( briefly as a test)
No one asks me in RT my age.
If they did I'd tack on 15 years so I could hear " wow you look great" lol
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 232
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 5:46:45 AM

No one asks me in RT my age.
If they did I'd tack on 15 years so I could hear " wow you look great" lol

I miss hearing " no way ! you are not ! "

I think I was around 43 the first time I told someone my age and the response was " oh yeah "
 Ouija2025
Msg: 233
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 5:49:00 AM
Men get far fewer compliments on their appearance than women
All you have to say to a guy is " have you been lifting?" and watch him melt :/
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 234
Mind the wrinkles
Posted: 8/26/2015 5:53:17 AM
^^^^^ Melt - haha, that's funny

I prefer a compliment about my personality now that I'm old
 7seatac
Msg: 235
Mind the wrinkles
Posted: 8/26/2015 6:17:07 AM
^^^ "....now that I'm old". Better watch it out Witness, you're going to have young archeologists chasing after you any day now.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 236
Mind the wrinkles
Posted: 8/26/2015 6:42:46 AM
I'm horrible at guessing ages.
I had two children and I still can't figure out how old kids are
when I see them out and about. I figure kids are older or younger
than mine.

I do the same with adults. I never know how old people are, but I'll
think...older, younger or my age. I'm never surprised when people
tell me how old they are because I didn't have any assumptions
anyways.

I'm the same way with cake and watermelon, I never know how
much is too much.....hahahahaha!
 benartflick
Msg: 237
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 7:13:15 AM

"Men get far fewer compliments on their appearance than women"

Women should get more - much more.

Like MOST things - it's not a male or female quality.

I REGRET not complimenting my sweethearts more often. Especially my ex-wife.

My understanding is women gave far more compliments on appearance than I did. That's during longtime relationships and first dates. Yes, I was a jerk!

Also at work, functions, and everyday things. I've received friendly compliments from women but NEVER gave one that I can recall. I wanted to.

A weak defense is that political correct B S about unwelcome compliments. When a man says your hair looks great or any compliment - it's a flirtation. I have absolutely no excuse for not complimenting sweethearts.
 11qq
Msg: 238
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 9:59:52 AM
I just dumped a young hottie.

she kept hinting that she wanted me to get her an unlimited cell phone package.

she had to phone me and use minutes as I have a LAND LINE. plus I don't know how to text.

I won't be a sugar daddy. I've had beautiful women before. it's no big deal.

so I simply told her it wasn't working and we have a communication problem. I said, "i'm moving on and I wish you well."

she replied on POF - "WOW! can't believe it. ok, wish you well too."

don't try to play Tom Da Bomb! this isn't my first dance club! I immediately asked a woman out who had been emailing me persistently. I like her spunk and she's cute. she's my age and has a Master's Degree that I find sexy.

NOT A
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 239
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 10:10:23 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ Boo! You's funny!
LH, Can you repeat the above? LOL The way Boo wrote it.

I like to surprise people and have fun.

PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 240
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 11:46:07 AM

Although he was highly attracted to me, the feeling was not mutual. I couldn't imagine kissing that. Repulsive.

"May I ask you a personal question?" I delicately asked. "How often do you floss your teeth?" Not very often, he admitted. Before we parted, I gave him dental floss from my purse and suggested he see a dentist. He thanked me.

It's very sad that some people believe the stuff they right when we all know any man would not thank someone for handing them dental floss. If they were southern they might have out of the whole southern hospitality thing but I am wondering if you even realize how conceited it sounds when you say that he was highly attracted to me..

I have had men say that about me when I could barely stand them
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 241
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:15:24 PM
PassionateSunnyGal:
I am wondering if you even realize how conceited it sounds when you say that he was highly attracted to me.. I have had men say that about me when I could barely stand them.

Too funny! You criticized me for saying, "Although he was highly attracted to me, but the feeling was not mutual," and then you said the same thing.

In Profile Review, ScooterSB wrote:

Slim/athletic women are in VERY high demand on dating sites, more guys want to date hot girls, that's just obvious, right?

Exactly. At age 61, I could meet new men four days per week. But I am very selective. Because I am slender and fit, men are physically attracted to me. Often the feeling is not mutual. I just turned down a man who listed himself as "average," but turned out "BIG and TALL/BBW."

I enjoyed L's company, and found him generous, warm, relaxed, funny and intelligent. We are both liberals and atheists.

Unfortunately, L. is badly overweight and out of shape, and has had erectile dysfunction for 10 years. Sigh. I would be more attracted to L. if he lost weight (50 lbs.?), exercised and had some muscle definition. Cardiovascular exercise and weightlifting spring to mind. But only he can motivate himself to exercise and eat right. He would resent me if I nagged.

I need an athletic man to be able to hike and relax with, and maintain our mutual attraction. This is quite a challenge even for physically fit people these days. Badly overweight people seem to be the norm now in my age range.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 242
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:29:20 PM
I dunno...you're handing out dental floss...why not hand out
nutrition advice as well as an exercise plan?

It's funny these are the sorts of guys that are attracted to you.
Of course, there is the common denominator...wonder what the problem is?

Maybe just being attractive and athletic isn't enough.

I dunno...I just wear hats and I do fine.
Occasionally when I want to surprise someone (just for fun) I twirl...I've got
really long hair and it wicked flies about...quite captivating don't you know.

Poor L.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 243
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:35:55 PM

Better watch it out Witness, you're going to have young archeologists chasing after you any day now.

Hey, if they're young and cute they're more than welcome to study my " fossils " !
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 244
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:36:39 PM
"You can whip me into shape," overweight men say. "Only YOU can motivate yourself to exercise and eat right," I reply. You would resent me if I nagged. Hire a trainer."

The only person I can change and control is myself.

It puts me in a bad spot to try to be their keeper and calorie counter. They will resent it.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 245
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:39:33 PM
Men get far fewer compliments on their appearance than women
------------
Probably because we got told by a dad's that women like that sort of thing, even if she just woke up hungover and disheveled.

-----------
All you have to say to a guy is " have you been lifting?" and watch him melt :/
----------
Perhaps some guys. I'd much rather be told I need to hit the gym by someone who's opinion I trust than be given a compliment. If I ask someone for an opinion, I want to know I'm going to actually be told what that person really thinks. There's nothing worse than asking for an opinion and watching the person try figure out what she thinks I want to hear.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 246
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:44:12 PM

If I ask someone for an opinion, I want to know I'm going to actually be told what that person really thinks. There's nothing worse than asking for an opinion and watching the person try figure out what she thinks I want to hear.

While I can understand your feelings and you quest of honesty, there are many times where our definition of the brutal truth accomplishes nothing. And instead by giving a complement on what they are doing right you can accomplish much, much more. I find that a lot of times, those "brutal" honesty types just love to inflict pain and suffering in others and feed their own ego and sense of superiority.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 247
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:47:26 PM
When a person says proudly " I don't sugarcoat " I translate it as " I'm honest and I don't see any need to be kind while I'm at it "

Why would someone be PROUD of that ?????
 kj521
Msg: 248
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:51:30 PM
Goodness Ms. LH!

You seem to have terrible luck on here!

With that said.....I can not for the life of me figure out why you and Tall IQ don't get together.
I think you two would be a perfect match. I mean that sincerely.
I see his Moderate Recall profile is no longer here but I am sure that he has another.
I think you should give it a shot! :)

Mr. MaleFeasance.....

Some of us look pretty good hungover and disheveled.....just sayin'! ;)
 7seatac
Msg: 249
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 1:53:30 PM
How can someone be "very selective" yet has dated half the western states without much success? Seems to me the "selection" process needs work. Or as someone mentioned, the common denominator needs work.

And I don't find anything "kind" about handing someone dental floss and yet they get their panties in a twist over a minor joke about age.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 250
Mind the gap
Posted: 8/26/2015 2:06:04 PM

"You can whip me into shape," overweight men say. "Only YOU can motivate yourself to exercise and eat right," I reply. You would resent me if I nagged. Hire a trainer."

It's annoying when people are logically inconsistent in their statements.

Why should a man hire a trainer when you just said only YOU can motivate yourself? Won't they resent the trainer? Is the trainer suppose to motivate him? Can a trainer help to motivate people?

Now if you said, you don't want to be bothered trying to whip a man into shape, and 95% of the time it never works. Hire a trainer and waste their time, not mine. But if you should happen to be the exception and lose 50lbs, get back to me and we can work on your hiking..

It would have made more sense to have said that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AGE GAP