Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AGE GAP      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 dragonbytes
Msg: 426
AGE GAPPage 18 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
*You can't handle the truth!*

HeII I seldom know what the truth is in the forum.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 427
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 2:36:48 PM

*You can't handle the truth!*

The truth is a 60 year old sock puppet in La Jolla Ca. is doing what he does best.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 428
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 2:48:22 PM
Seki I appreciate you correcting yourself. It seems very rare for someone to admit a mistake and publicly apologize. Good for you. :)

I will not watch a woody Allen movie.

So many topics to write on within this thread.

I think people get worked up over age on profiles. Personally, and I know this has been discussed to death here, I think having up to date photos of much higher importance. I have never put my real age on a profile, although I have used both higher and lower ages. Probably because I had a stalker wayyyyy back and just got in the habit of switching it up.

Wow I missed Pig! In a blink!!!
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 429
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 2:58:05 PM

spoke too soon. Pig is gone again.

Let the witch hunt begin!

You've got to be shitting me. I go to the grocery store and BAM!

This is more than a little ridiculous though. Yeah, he always seems to get zapped eventually. But why on Earth is it happening so quickly this time. He figured there was a causal connection between someone viewing his profile and his deletion a full week later. I don't think he lasted an hour today.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 430
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:00:28 PM
I can't believe people who don't understand that by putting false ages in their profile (no matter if the correct age is in the body) you are making it even harder on yourself.

If everyone had the correct age and pictures--then the stigmatism of "age" would decline...cause some of the "older" people are still very attractive--what isn't attractive is the inability to deal with aging.

I don't care what age someone is--first husband was 12 years older (ten years married) and second was 12 years younger (about 9 years together) and my last boyfriend was 22 years younger (4 years together) --age had nothing to do with it, mental compatibility was stronger with the last one and I stayed with my first so long due to having children. Stop seeing silly things like age, height, education, etc and start seeing people.

PS Pig sorry you keep getting deleted, to whoever feels they are so special that someone else with the opposite opinion shouldn't be able to express it ... you are just a sad excuse for a human.

Well about the quick deletion--the person he thinks is doing did comment and poof
 spot4username
Msg: 431
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:06:11 PM

You've got to be shitting me. I go to the grocery store and BAM!

I was at the grocery store too *shifty eyes*

And yet another conspiracy theory is born.

**on topic** Yes, it makes it harder on them and every other person who is OLD when they lie about their age. Like I said - mucks up the whole pond.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 432
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:09:42 PM

Well about the quick deletion--the person he thinks is doing did comment and poof

Yeah, that doesn't make a lick of sense. Pig figured that LH took a week to get him deleted - this was instant. And he publicly accused her of deleting his profile. All she did was speak up for herself.

If he was right in his accusation, he'd still be here - he said it took her a week to get a deletion. If he was wrong (not that he would entertain the possibility of that), he called out someone innocent who felt aggrieved and defended herself.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 433
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:10:31 PM
Halftime in reference to pig :

I don't think he lasted an hour today

He posted on Friday and yesterday but then....msg 415 and then ....POOF !
 spot4username
Msg: 434
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:17:22 PM
Yes ^^^ he has been back for a few days. It shows his join date as the 25th.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 435
Cliques Asking To Help Delete Other Members
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:28:49 PM
Some people can vehemently deny it and call it "paranoid thinking", the fact is somebody is rallying in the torches and pitchforks crew to get people deleted.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 436
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:37:34 PM
I have absolutely no doubt that there are some petty, small minded people who are actively deleting profiles. I just don't think the fact that Literate Hiker looked at his profile once is any evidence that she is one of them.

There are posters here who have called her narcissistic, delusional, a liar.... all kinds of slurs. And they're all still here. If she was going around deleting posters, Pig would be pretty far down her list.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 437
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:40:49 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It's interesting that you keep coming back again and again and again to defend her....does someone have a CRUSH on someone ?

HAHA
 dragonbytes
Msg: 438
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:49:05 PM
Pig was setting himself up to be deleted. Check the history of his last and only ~10 posts, he often insulted RockenTrucker, cussing and swearing at him. RT could easily claim forum abuse. As a new profile, rumor has it that it doesn't take much to get deleted.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/usermessages.aspx?user_Id=103202513

Me, cussing at me wouldn't bother me, but doing that kind of posting just gives ammunition to anyone that wants to complain.

And he was actually around for 2 days, if you look at his first post to IG, I think pig is getting paranoid. IG was saying Pig's isn't the hottest guy around, but his attitude is the big swing factor making him a hot date. PIG got all upset that IG didn't think he was super hot physically.

Sure, I know there were groups of like minded posters that solicited others to get enough complaints to get someone deleted. Isn't that to be expected with any forum that has long time members that know each other. What we have here is a internet based "Lord of the Flies". But with PIG's posting style, he was making it all to easy to claim abuse.

That's my two bytes on the most recent skirmish in the troll wars, I wouldn't have enough time in the day to actually keep a running Obituary Notice, virtual blood is running in the ether.

BTW, didn't check, is there a full moon?
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 439
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:51:25 PM
I can't believe people who don't understand that by putting false ages in their profile (no matter if the correct age is in the body) you are making it even harder on yourself.
--------------
Not necessarily. I shaved 5 years off of my age when I was dating and it didn't hurt me one bit. The woman I've been dating for almost 4 years found out about two weeks after we met and while she was a little annoyed at first, it obviously wasn't a deal breaker. If I were ever to be in the position of having to date again, I'd do the same.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 440
Posted: 8/30/2015 3:57:50 PM

Yeah, that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Sure it does. There's a group of five women, one of which freelances, one now behind the scene male with a couple sock puppet profiles to report people with, and one other. Every last one has posted in this thread at some point. Every... single.....one.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 441
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:00:57 PM

--------------
Not necessarily. I shaved 5 years off of my age when I was dating and it didn't hurt me one bit. The woman I've been dating for almost 4 years found out about two weeks after we met and while she was a little annoyed at first, it obviously wasn't a deal breaker. If I were ever to be in the position of having to date again, I'd do the same.

What exactly was/is wrong with your real age that you have to hide it upfront?
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 442
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:04:11 PM
---------------
I like younger women. In fact, my gf said she might have not met me if She knew I was 7 years older than she is. She had been dating guys 15 years younger.
 Peas_
Msg: 443
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:09:13 PM

Pig was setting himself up to be deleted. Check the history of his last and only ~10 posts, he often insulted RockenTrucker, cussing and swearing at him. RT could easily claim forum abuse. As a new profile, rumor has it that it doesn't take much to get deleted.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/usermessages.aspx?user_Id=103202513

Me, cussing at me wouldn't bother me, but doing that kind of posting just gives ammunition to anyone that wants to complain.

I agree. Seems to me, it was RT complaining, since he never stops complaining either.

OT
if any info on a profile I find out is a flat out lie after a meet. I'm outta there.
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 444
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:14:41 PM

---------------
I like younger women.

Sigh....if everyone was just honest....it would be a level playing field.
So, you want to trick your lady into a meet...in other words.
If you are so confident in your looks or think yourself attractive.....why would you need to lie....boggles my mind.
So tired of playing the guessing game. Most of the men aren't fooling any of us....they just look silly.
The men that are my age...lie to supposedly catch a younger woman, then end up messaging women their age or me.
So....they have started off on a wrong foot....not good.
Screams insecurities...in my eyes!!
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 445
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:26:17 PM
@Witnesstomythoughts -- Good thinking, I might make you Watson! Ok, now go make me and CC coffee!

@Dragon- good points, but NO lit Cuban cigar, yet. For one, you are mis-analyzing the reason for Pigs comment to IG. There is a reason he said what he said. Also, I am pretty sure IG didn't have anything to do with it, especially considering I am the one who ran a blunt campaign of "take no prisoners annihilation" in that thread to victory.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 446
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:29:28 PM

@Witnesstomythoughts -- Good thinking, I might make you Watson! Ok, now go make me and CC coffee!

Hey Joe aka " dude " , does the name Grima Wormtongue remind you of anyone ?
 22qq
Msg: 447
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:30:36 PM
I like ALL women but they are not always a good fit for me. whether they're 21 or 81.

I have enough women interested in me that I have to ask many on here to please be patient. I go one at a time.

none of the women in my inbox are the least bit concerned about my real age or the fact that is was incorrect.

here's what I say to all you complainers:

you work your side of the street and i'll work mine. i'm succeeding.
 NJgirl116
Msg: 448
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:31:35 PM
Talking about age gap, I just received ANOTHER text from my 24-year-old admirer... Kid needs to grow up and learn that 5 ignored text messages in a row means let it go.
 spot4username
Msg: 449
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:39:55 PM

Just because the woman who you date(d) is fine with dating a liar doesn't mean the rest of us are. Water seeks its own level.

you work your side of the street and i'll work mine.

But you are on my side of the street and you have no business being there. See if I do a search of men in your area (and I often do since I am down there quite a bit) who are in the age range I am looking for YOU show up. It will probably max out because of the large area. We all know how POF works - I will not see some of the men. That means that your liar profile takes the place of one of those men. A man who has the right to show up in my search. Who do you think you are to try to fill the shoes of an honest man? No one, that's who. Again, shame on you.

i'm succeeding.

In the immortal words of Ron Burgundy "I don't believe you"
 Peas_
Msg: 450
AGE GAP
Posted: 8/30/2015 4:47:26 PM
There are two men who live on my road who are much older than me, but I have to say for being in their 70's they have the physique of 45 yo's. Not thinking they work out either. They just do the normal manly stuff like repair vehicles and home maintenance. One went back to local truck driving because he was so bored being retired, well I think his down syndrome son who lives in the house behind him drives him a little looney at times. lol Keeps him young. haaaaa ....so depending on the man, age doesn't make a difference to me, although I wouldn't approach them as if I were interested, no, just the basic fix it tools that I need to borrow with advice.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AGE GAP