Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AGE GAP      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Peas_
Msg: 476
Cliques Asking To Help Delete Other MembersPage 20 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
^^^ I agree. Other sites have those auto triggered for over zealous reporting of others.

Let's not forget having more than one profile. If found with the same IP, those users are going to be auto deleted. Perhaps leaving one profile. I don't know why they would have to keep creating more when they only need one....oh, for maybe 3 days...So you get deleted for having two profiles. That means they (POF) prolly left you with the other one. Don't make anymore for POF to keep deleting you.

Then there's the drama filled posts who self delete within minutes....
 TheWhitetigeress
Msg: 477
Cliques Asking To Help Delete Other Members
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:27:52 PM
Double post

*plays Hotel California
 TheWhitetigeress
Msg: 478
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:28:49 PM

Halftimedad: ..some might be getting deleted when they are maliciously reporting others. Don't know for sure, but it kind of fits for what I've seen from some of those who get deleted.

Other sites have those auto triggered for over zealous reporting of others.

Peas: Let's not forget having more than one profile. If found with the same IP, those users are going to be auto deleted. Perhaps leaving one profile. I don't know why they would have to keep creating more when they only need one....oh, for maybe 3 days...So you get deleted for having two profiles. That means they (POF) prolly left you with the other one. Don't make anymore for POF to keep deleting you.

^^^
This I do not understand
the only person I can think of that would be deleted for maliciously reporting is moderate recall due the history of his behavior aka "playing god" ( note: not trying to bash or cause fights, just sticking with what I know so the truth can get out whether I'm right or wrong and if I'm wrong my sincere apologies. Just trying to get to the truth)
I don't think it applies to anyone else?
Pig had to recreate a new one every time he gets deleted and waits for it clear to post.
Only to be deleted. This much I know.

I know I have always had one profile. Never EVER tried to delete another forum member. Not even report a post. Nothing.
I do know I called out Moderate for deleting Pig only because I was fed up of hearing from people for months how he likes to play god and Pig's deletion made it too obvious. When V baited me the next day and I lashed out, I can see Moderate taking that as the perfect opportunity to delete me. How? I have no clue. Can't help with that.
Again, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm just going by what is obvious.

RE: cliques. I know Vicki vehemently believes I am in one and I joked I was *throws gang signs* KIdding!!!!!
I am not in any cliques. I talk via my inbox with ALL kinds of people. Even people that don't like each other lol. I treat them each uniquely because they are and because I keep it separate from the forums, I treat them as friends. I do not and have not ever ever anyone asked to come to my rescue, to gang up on anyone or say anything that may harm them or anyone else to start fights. None of it. It's not my nature. I can handle all of my own posts and responses to them.
If it seems someone came and ganged up? Like Seatac did after I was deleted. It was her choice. It was what she wanted to do and say. It was not a gang. It was a person who felt that way.

So... if a person is feeling they are being ganged on via posts. That person need to step back and look at the big picture.
"Whoa, that many people feel that way" Maybe I should look closer into what they are saying and look at it from their perspective.
It's happened to me before, many times, and I have done the big thing and went..... you know, you guys may be right.
I learned and grew from that experience.
It's not only about having thick skin but it's trying to be fair and look at from the other's view and be big enough say they may be right.

oh geez.. I hate typing this much
my apologies
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 479
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:39:08 PM
Hmm, didn't think this out.

I wasn't accusing you Charmi..I mean Tigress. And I don't really want to name anyone, since I'm not sure that my theory holds water. It just seemed to me that some posters who disappeared are the sort that I would expect to be quick to try to get others deleted. Not all of them - not you for example - but some of them. And no, I'm not going to name anyone because I don't know if I'm right, and even if I was sure I was right about that, I still wouldn't know who inadvertently self deleted.

Pig was certain that Eternity had a grudge and was deleting him. Then she was gone and didn't come back. He still got deleted and blamed someone else. It's just that this is getting all Rod Serlingish. We're all trapped in a bomb shelter and fingers are starting to get pointed all around.
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 480
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:46:13 PM

People are stalking the stalkers.

Tigress, I moved this upstairs.

You would think so would'nt you? Lol

In all likelyhood thatemous234 was salinges, oldmanhome etc. He only challenged one poster and then only superficially, no big rant. But he is gone....self delete? Maybe...maybe not. The newer the profile the less automated deletes required to nuke. He'll be back and maybe will let us know. I'm betting self delete.

I do know that wasn't him in the sex forums this morning under David28 created 8-28 who started that thread about another poster. That was absolutely nasty and sick. There's only been one poster recently nuked that was that trashy mouthed. Both he and the thread were gone in less than 5 min. Somebody's listening or maybe watching? Interesting in that I think that was well before admin would have been working....about 9 am est.

Tigress, your demise was already underway while you were duking it out with Vickie.
You called him out publicly in the forums after he graciously helped you with your computer problem. No way he let's you do that unscathed, not with that ego.

But some think it's better to just ignore and avoid. Which works, until it's you that they're after. ymmv :)
 Peas_
Msg: 481
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:48:36 PM

This I do not understand
the only person I can think of that would be deleted for maliciously reporting is moderate recall due the history of his behavior aka "playing god" ( note: not trying to bash or cause fights, just sticking with what I know so the truth can get out whether I'm right or wrong and if I'm wrong my sincere apologies. Just trying to get to the truth)
I don't think it applies to anyone else?
Pig had to recreate a new one every time he gets deleted and waits for it clear to post.
Only to be deleted. This much I know.

What? I think moderate just used some rules on you that were petty.

Yep, I was talking about the whiners ....the other whiners.

Pig, said he DID have two profiles on that second to last delete...what frigging # are we on now for piggy?

Now, I can believe moderate had it out for him. Not very hard to do a search unless you hide that other profile if you have two with similar names. The search function by username also works with wildcards*.

Just simmer down now. Missed ya Tigress. ;)

Moderate, everyone is looking for you and whiners.
 TheWhitetigeress
Msg: 482
Posted: 8/31/2015 10:06:41 PM
Oh geez.. I keep logging in with Charmin. Gonna have to get used to not using her anymore.
*Go away rag doll, go away you are done for, Charmin" *throws Charmin the doll away

I wasn't accusing you Charmi..I mean Tigress. And I don't really want to name anyone, since I'm not sure that my theory holds water. It just seemed to me that some posters who disappeared are the sort that I would expect to be quick to try to get others deleted

No worries, please! I am ALL for bring stuff up just to the bottom of this. No harm is done :) You make a good point that a deleted person would want revenge. I just worry that an innocent person is targeted. Another reason why we need to get to the bottom of this.

Tigress, your demise was already underway while you were duking it out with Vickie.

I figured as much

Somebody's listening or maybe watching? Interesting in that I think that was well before admin would have been working....about 9 am est.

Definitely watching. Definitely

You called him out publicly in the forums after he graciously helped you with your computer problem

I pointed out that he did help me and I thanked him for that, he had my respect until it was obvious he openly abused his power to report to delete.I lost my respect and said so. I believe I was quite valid in voicing my opinion and even more so when I also got deleted myself, that is if it is indeed him. In other words, I called him out and I was right. It's really disappointing if I may say so.

Just simmer down now. Missed ya Tigress. ;)

Despite the username, I'm always simmered. Purring in fact.
and .............
how sweet *blushes
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 483
Posted: 8/31/2015 10:41:56 PM

I called him out and I was right. It's really disappointing if I may say so.

You need to understand the personality you're dealing with.

How many times did he come back after being deleted in the tall thread in off topic 4-5 times and deleted immediately each time. Finally comes back makes an occassional post, folks know its him but as long as he's not trying to dictate what everyone can or cannot post and playing mod he's ignored. But he can't help himself, he's been slowly reverting back to his dictator ways for 2 months.

I received a message recommending I watch the way I was responding to a male poster who had no pic. That particular poster used to have a pic up, I knew what he looked like (or professed to look like). He told me it was an asian girl and that there were a few posing as men on the forums, and "warned" that I should be "careful". wth?

Then resort to blocking, reporting my pic as inappropriate for the second time in an effort to get the automated nuke.

Tall, I know you're reading this. Chime in anytime.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 484
Posted: 8/31/2015 11:43:58 PM

Lol..:/ I know right? So if you would.... post and quote "my" accusation. Please note the thread so I can go back and post a quote of who initially alluded, accused or suggested that you're a former member reincarnated. Which you are since you have some negative experiences with the former mods. He just may not of had the right profile name. Thnx.

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16427614datingPostpage2.aspx yours is message 33
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 485
Posted: 9/1/2015 6:10:03 AM

yours is message 33

This is my accusation? Ok.

Why is this so painfully obvious as to be an effort to appear as someone else?

Seems as though Tall has read the thread this morning and is fuming!

Still trying to do the fav block as his other account.... CastObserver has added me as a favorite.

Feel free to visit that profile and say hi to Tall while you still can. :)
 Harvestmoon02
Msg: 486
Posted: 9/1/2015 6:57:14 AM
Funny you should mention that Crook. This profile was added as a Favorite and Blocked by CastObserver this morning as well. I'm sure Charmin s new profile has been as well.

It must have been something I said.

This man, Steve, or TallIQ or Moderate Recall must have a friggin screw loose. As well, he's is a co troll freak and wants "power". I hope his followers, like LH and the rest, are taking heed as people are fighting back. Whatever happened to free speech? Apparently it's only available to "some" and not ALL.
 sun___flower
Msg: 487
view profile
History
I've Got A Crush On You
Posted: 9/1/2015 7:27:18 AM

CastObserver has added me as a favorite.

Baha.

Why do I hear Frank Sinatra singing "I've Got A Crush On You"?

Could you coo, could you care...
 dragonbytes
Msg: 488
Posted: 9/1/2015 7:58:11 AM

CastObserver has added me as a favorite.

Favorite and Blocked?

So what is the point of FAVing someone then blocking them? I guess after adding someone as a Favorite you are allowed to block them even though you have never MSGed them?

But the only way to know you are blocked is to send a MSG. If you don't send a MSG, does this in some way defeat the tactic?

So what is the point of doing this?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 489
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:13:31 AM

So what is the point of doing this?

He would have gone unnoticed this morning as he fav'd then removed himself as a fav quickly, just long enough to block. Had it not been for the notification alert in the app showing me who and what time, I never would have known. That will remain in my alert folder till he deletes.

So many blocks trigger the automated deletion function.

When someone reports your pic as inappropriate and you get that automated message from markus it goes toward that tally as well?

What I find amusing is he never seems to know how he's discovered in these other profiles. Lol
 kj521
Msg: 490
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:16:46 AM
Mr. Dragon.....

Has it not been said many times in these very forums....

that after a certain number of blocks against a person's profile it will be automatically deleted?

Of course....it was talked about in a dating context. :)
 Whistle_Stop
Msg: 491
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:19:07 AM
@DB...It seems the purpose is....If a person has enough blocks against them...they get removed by the system because
obviously....you're pissing off people.
Moderate and CastObserver did the same to me.
I tried to add them both(profiles) as a fave or send them a message...nope...can't!
Apparently, if you report too many the regular way....as in viewing profile and then clicking on "forum abuse"....this can get you...
in trouble or flagged by the system too....

Shrugs....stupid game. He obviously gets off on $hit disturbing or he wouldn't be doing it so obviously...or he's just dense.
You bet I reported "HIM" and him only.
Nobody told me to....I'm not in any gang.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 492
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:20:44 AM
I think I must have missed something, who is cast observer ? I haven't seen that name anywhere.

All this talk of who blocks and what alls going on just makes things worse. No on is going to stop blocking etc because of others talking about it in the forums, it only fans the flames.

Maybe we could get back to the point of being here, discussion?
 Harvestmoon02
Msg: 493
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:21:13 AM
If you get are Blocked, by many, your profile can be removed. They deem you an offensive person as many have Blocked you. That is why some rarely Block a message from someone unless it is truly offensive, rude or nasty.

And yes, you can see if you have been blocked by a user if you try to message them...it comes up "this user has blocked you". This is how I checked this morning and found out CastObserver had blocked me. Plus it's his M.O. and his game. CastObserver is Moderate or Tall and I'm sure he has more profiles waiting in the wings. So he fav's, blocks and then reports...he's trying to nuke you a little quicker.
 kj521
Msg: 494
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:41:24 AM
Ms. Coffeetogo.....

"Maybe we could get back to the point of being here, discussion?"

Excellent idea! It will distract all of us from wondering who will be next. :)

*****off to check my favs list....and hoping I find it lacking. :D
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 495
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:42:32 AM
Whistle stop wrote

Shrugs....stupid game. He obviously gets off on $hit disturbing or he wouldn't be doing it so obviously...or he's just dense.

Perhaps this explains it :

"Some people here online seem to feel enough semi-anonymity that they sometimes revert to preteen behavior, safely behind their keyboards. It is soo very common in many online Forums for some participants to regress back to immature juvenile expressions and behavior. Things they may never say or do in person where the immediate results would be felt."
 Mr_J_Cash
Msg: 496
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:51:54 AM
I just jumped over to this thread from Troll wars: Obituary Notice
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16443073datingPostpage3.aspx

I think I must have missed something, who is cast observer ? I haven't seen that name anywhere.

I was discussing the multiple profiles of Tall. I would like to repost something I posted there.
CastObserver is a profile that was created years before the Moderate_Recall profile existed and as noted above has not been active in the forums since November 2013. So, it cannot be Moderate "returning" since it was here first. Now, do I believe CastObserver is Moderate? Yes, I have to say I think they are one in the same person. He is likely attempting to use this older profile as some type of stealth profile and outed himself with the favoring and blocking tactics. However, I have no proof of it.

Again, I would have had more fun toying with him. Getting another profile deleted will never stop him. Toying with him and thus aggravating the hell out of him sounds like a lot more fun.

Come on people, this is an internet forum. Nothing and nobody is real here until you have in person one on one, off this site, contact. This is a game! This is fantasy! The deletions and reincarnations are a game. If you take this place and the posters so personally and you cannot let it go then you might want to look into getting some help. Seriously. Take a deep breath, count to ten, then turn off your computer and walk away. It is not worth the aggravation and anger I see here.

Lighten up a bit! Poke some people for a reaction if you want. Some deserve being poked a bit more than others but do not let this place rule your lives.

What is the big deal with the trolls and serial reporters? So what? This place should be a distraction from real life, not a source of so much anger. Poke posters and get poked back by them. If you piss off someone enough and you get deleted just come back and poke them back. I don't get why so many are so serious about this. Lighten up. Have a little fun. Grow a thicker skin. As I already stated, this place is a fantasyland. Nobody is real here. This is an internet forum.

What ever happened to Alice and the rabbit hole?
 CrookCatcher
Msg: 497
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:56:37 AM

What ever happened to Alice and the rabbit hole?

Maybe that's where harvestmoon went?
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 498
Posted: 9/1/2015 8:58:03 AM

"Some people here online seem to feel enough semi-anonymity that they sometimes revert to preteen behavior, safely behind their keyboards. It is soo very common in many online Forums for some participants to regress back to immature juvenile expressions and behavior. Things they may never say or do in person where the immediate results would be felt."

The interesting thing is discovering how incredibly close to the surface this juvenile behavior really is.

Up until, well, I guess "trolling and flaming" started in the 90's, and even more so now with all the ways we interact on the net-I had no idea people could behave like this if given the chance, because there wasn't really any social outlet for it before. Nothing that allowed billions of humans to interact without actually LOOKING at each other. It FEELS like suddenly, the whole world has regressed into expletive filled screaming matches.

The fact is, people ALWAYS had this capability, and I suppose in households where there is "drama" and freakouts and people just generally not controlling themselves, you would see more of this. Now, it's worldwide, digitally. The VAST majority of the behavior you see online would NEVER happen in person. It's the "people in their cars" thing, where you are one step removed from who is around you, and you can speed away without consequence.
 spot4username
Msg: 499
Posted: 9/1/2015 9:06:18 AM
Is there a chart or something somewhere? Maybe like a family tree for the forum?

I admit I am having a bit of trouble keeping track.
 gtomustang
Msg: 500
Alice and her rabid ho
Posted: 9/1/2015 10:10:13 AM
Family Tree? more like noxious weed :) I've got nothing against those who got profile-slaughtered, but the Japanese have a saying...the nail that sticks out, gets hammered. Its the cost of being upfront and honest. and yourself.

I think we did discuss age gap to the nth degree. What works for some...works. I knew a guy who was 50 when he met his 18 yr old gf, and they got married years later, and then divorced b/c she heard her 'clock ticking as he approached the gold watch time, but they still share the dog and meet for dinner often. She's got daddy issues, he's not terribly mature, and she's got a big rack. Whatever they see in each other, they see it.

I remember that joke, Cloons, including the follow-up--who's the most popular gal at the nudist beach? the one who can get the last donut.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AGE GAP