Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AGE GAP      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gtomustang
Msg: 576
Who forgot to put the Gap back on the toothpaste?Page 24 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
hey, now I get to see dead posters. awesome
 browneyesboo
Msg: 577
Shhhhhhhh I'm trying to watch the movie
Posted: 9/5/2015 4:06:41 AM
Well that's my point. Some of us are here strictly for the
entertainment. It's also impossible to insult people who don't
take you seriously. People use the forums differently..whatever
someone needs..or chooses to say is alright by me. Except for the
the crazies..but we all have our own definitions of who's crazy in here.
 Walts
Msg: 578
Posted: 9/5/2015 6:40:42 AM

But some of us also want to hold a conversation without the messing around sometimes and having a bunch of people trample in and disrupt that is a bit annoying.

I could find mosquitos annoying as he l l, if I let them. Yet, I still go into the bush(which is full of em) sometimes for weeks at a time to chase the finned creatures. They're there but after awhile, I don't even notice them, because, I'm doing what "I" want.
 ClooneysMentor
Msg: 579
Posted: 9/5/2015 1:45:20 PM
Self deleting is cathartic for all involved.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 580
Posted: 9/5/2015 2:07:02 PM
I missed something - why did Vicki leave? All I can think is that she got bored without Charmin?
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 581
Posted: 9/5/2015 2:24:27 PM
I'm pretty sure somehow has said that Vicki is behind all the deletions. Of course, that's after everyone else who was behind all the deletions got deleted and didn't return. I wonder who the fingers will be pointing at now.

Someone said that kj isn't going to bother returning; Charmin is gone; now Vicki......I returned to a thread after a few hours only to find half the posters got deleted between this morning and now.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 582
Posted: 9/5/2015 2:28:14 PM
All I know is I'm going to be very very good. Starting now.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 583
Posted: 9/5/2015 2:47:38 PM
But when you're bad, you're better.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 584
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2015 3:14:28 PM
KJ? I thought I was her? I am confused here.

For you Star Wars fans....the rebel fleet is assembling outside of the evil grasp of evil.

ps, Joe, you appear to have skipped passed this bit, is that because you cant remember either?

Perhaps she self destructed because of a memory loss.
 vatives
Msg: 585
Posted: 9/6/2015 12:14:59 PM
KJ made her final post in the help section. Bon Voyage.
 cmtchemist
Msg: 586
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/6/2015 10:59:21 PM
I know this has been said before, and yes, it falls on deaf ears. But I am still going to add my 2 cents. You may say that you would never date someone (however many) years older than yourself and nobody would tell you that you had to. The whole point is that YOU had the choice and the power to say no, to not reply, to block, or to respond. You no longer have that choice. Someone else has made it for you. Whatever happened to the philosophy: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”? POF grew with leaps and bounds but now POF has placed a censorship on their site to limit who you can and cannot contact. I was told that I could only contact those 14 yrs older or younger than myself (69). My still best friend for 23 years and former fiancé for 8 yrs is 19 years my younger. When I try to msg someone I am given the message “why not try one of your matches”. Well, I tried one of my “matches” who was 50 and got the same advisement. I may be 69 but I look and act 55. If you believe that you should have the right to say no for yourself, I hope you contact POF and tell them so. Maybe the rebuttal here is that some people don't want others to go fishing for someone younger or older than themselves. As if that is going to make someone like you simply because they don't have access to that age group. POF boasts on finding you your soul mate and maybe, if you're lucky, YOU will. Then again, your soul mate might just be 19 years your younger.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 587
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/6/2015 11:12:45 PM
cmtchemist:
I may be 69 but I look and act 55.

You look 70. This makes me laugh. So many men think they look and act younger than their age.

At age 61, I received an entreating letter from a 73 year-old man. "I'm not attracted to women in their 70s, or even in their 60s," he wrote. "I'm physically at least 10 years younger than my age." He said he exercises four days a week, takes anti -aging vitamins, and won the Mr.______ Bodybuilding Championship at age 49.

He said he is the perfect match for me, apart from the hiking.

"At our age, a 12-year age difference is a serious concern for me," I replied. "Would you date an 85 year-old woman who claims she won the Ms. ______ Bodybuilding Championship at age 49? Of course not."

Guess what? He looks like a 73 year-old, wrinkled gnome.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 588
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/6/2015 11:21:07 PM
Write it down. Getting rid of that silly restriction is likely one of the first changes the new owners will make for a number of reasons.

The chief one being R E A L I T Y. People in the RW don't concern themselves with such nonsense. They go by whether they find you attractive or NOT. I came from a Fishmeet just 2 hours ago once again proving how silly that limitation is.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 589
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 7:40:40 AM
On all dating sites the key is to get women.

On other dating sites they have resorted to giving women free access and making men pay or creating fake profiles of women.

Attractive women get annoyed when they get messages from creepy old guys. Often it drives them away. This restriction limits the number of ridiculous messages from old guys that women get.
 ohenryx
Msg: 590
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 8:28:59 AM

HalftimeDad
On all dating sites the key is to get women.

On other dating sites they have resorted to giving women free access and making men pay or creating fake profiles of women.

+1
Exactly the same logic as behind “Ladies Night” in night clubs, where women drink free. And yes, this model does work, men chase women, a very old story, about as old as mankind.

HalftimeDad
Attractive women get annoyed when they get messages from creepy old guys. Often it drives them away. This restriction limits the number of ridiculous messages from old guys that women get.

Maybe. I’m not too sure about that, but “maybe”. The problem is, BF (the Big Fish himself) doesn’t really have any idea whether this has helped or hurt his business. This is about the most haphazardly run business I have ever seen. They do not have test servers to try things out on, they just make changes in real time, on the production servers. And we have all seen the ridiculous results from time to time.

This kind of change (the 14 year age restriction) is a rather big change. I guess, from one way of looking at it, he (BF) is now cashing out to the tune of $575 million, so his strategies have been very successful for him, and the hell with the customers.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 591
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 12:37:00 PM

Not sure about the hotties, but I rarely got messages from way older men. Something interesting I've discovered though is that it seems like all men want to be in their forties - so many profiles of much younger and much older men saying they're in their forties. Well, more common for the young ones. Maybe they have several profiles, one for each age range?
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 592
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 12:44:36 PM
------------
So basically, they are patronizing women and think that women need someone to filter messages because the women can't do it themselves? Not sure I'd want to be paying money to an owner who thinks a woman needs him for a daddy.
 spot4username
Msg: 593
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 12:56:26 PM
^^^ That is pretty much what was said when the age limits were put in place. I never understood why when a person signed up you weren't prompted to set the age - meaning that is was a requirement. You could set it as wide as narrow as wanted but you HAVE to do it. That way even if some poor little hottie is too dumb to set it on her own the system forces her to. OR make the +/- 14 the default and individuals can change it to allow other ages. Seems simple enough.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 594
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:46:35 PM
Seems simple enough.
--------------
It is simple enough, so I guess that says a lot about what the person who makes the site policy thinks about women, what they are able to do for themselves and so believes appealing to women that way will be a plus.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 595
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 2:02:56 PM
Someone said the phone app didn't let one set age range, idk if it is true or not.
Probably not a problem ( age gap) until younger women started getting super creepy msgs.
 theleathernun
Msg: 596
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 5:31:46 PM

So basically, they are patronizing women and think that women need someone to filter messages because the women can't do it themselves? Not sure I'd want to be paying money to an owner who thinks a woman needs him for a daddy.

Got that right!

Give him one night with me and I'll show him who needs protecting! Haha!

But he is too old for me. I like'em young and tasty.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 597
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 5:44:36 PM
cmtchemist

Well, some people get around the age restriction by lying about their age in the first place.
As for the "I look and act much younger" thing. Hardly ever true. Our friends may tell us that, but they are being kind. Women also are guilty of this self deception.

You say you are 69 and you may be and you are a nice looking man for your age but 55 you do not look.

I do agree that people with all sorts of age differences get together but the younger woman does not want the old guy kidding himself he is youthful, pestering them.
Young beauty = old with money...

Anyone with brains knows that the claims that dating sites make about matches is mostly bogus. It is 1% success rate and who knows how long those relationships last?

Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 598
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 6:00:40 PM
With Red Hair & Blue Eyes, I've always been sensitive to the Sun... Wearing a Hat to keep the Sun off My Face & wearing Sunglasses to protect My Eyes... It has kept Me from getting most of the Facial Wrinkles, I see on other People.....

With Red Hair it started turning Blond, instead of Gray.... The biggest thing for me was when My Beard turned White, but not the rest of My hair..... Whether I shaved or not, changed the Age people would say, when guessing how old I am....

Also You have Genetics, some people look younger than others of the Same age... A Girl I dated in the mid seventies was 22 years old, She looked like an average 16 year old Girl.....
At one of My Wife's HS reunions, one of Her Classmates looked 10-15 years younger than the Rest.... When We got home I looked at My Wife's Senior Yearbook.... In that Woman's Senior Picture, She looked like She was 12-13 years old....
 jessebunnies
Msg: 599
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 7:59:48 PM

You look 70. This makes me laugh. So many men think they look and act younger than their age.

At age 61, I received an entreating letter from a 73 year-old man. "I'm not attracted to women in their 70s, or even in their 60s," he wrote. "I'm physically at least 10 years younger than my age." He said he exercises four days a week, takes anti -aging vitamins, and won the Mr.______ Bodybuilding Championship at age 49.

He said he is the perfect match for me, apart from the hiking.

"At our age, a 12-year age difference is a serious concern for me," I replied. "Would you date an 85 year-old woman who claims she won the Ms. ______ Bodybuilding Championship at age 49? Of course not."

Guess what? He looks like a 73 year-old, wrinkled gnome.

LMAO so funny yet true! The entitlement of men is incredible.

Yes that's a big part of the problem with sites where anyone can just write you. The amount of time it takes to sort through the unwanted emails can become a full time job. Personally that's why I prefer sites like Tinder because it eliminates those that you don't feel mutually attracted to from writing you but that's a different subject.
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 600
AGE GAP
Posted: 9/7/2015 8:02:48 PM
Ah yes, the age gap thing. Personally I prefer to date men my age or younger, not older, so I set my age parameters accordingly. A lot of young guys on here make themselves 10 years older in their profiles so they can contact older women, but I bet young women don't add 10 years to their age to contact older guys. Before I put up an age limit, I got lots of messages from older guys - Just not my thing, not attracted to guys that are that much older than me. And I'm sure they feel the same about women that are older than them or the same age, so I don't feel bad for not being attracted to them.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AGE GAP