Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AGE GAP      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 632
AGE GAPPage 27 of 27    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27)
Tinder has no age restrictions. It's a gold mine.
 Viper1j
Msg: 633
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/3/2015 1:35:43 AM
Just another reason to take it offline ASAP, or make sure she has your real email.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 634
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/13/2015 3:39:42 PM

AGE GAP

No doubt a sobering reality but a shot of Jose Quervo can help...at least temporarily. ;)
 BBEisBack
Msg: 635
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/13/2015 4:03:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyGU4nzhirI
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 636
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/13/2015 4:10:20 PM
the twenty something women looking for an older guy either have a father complex or they are after what the many can give them, or both..... or they may not really be much into sex nor want a family...... it takes all kinds..

That there is an age restriction on this site means that Markus is trying even up the ratio and keep the younger women here. Truth is women who are in any way attractive can get men without having to trawl these often murky waters. The genuine decent women often leave in disgust and disappointment because of the jerks they have to deal with. Markus cant legislate or limit that.

revoskeepnus
Msg: 637
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/13/2015 8:19:37 PM
don't know why it's gotta be daddy issues blah blah.
plenty of old men that can still rock it in the sack (and they are usually better than the old ones).

I have nothing to say to a man my age, more or less someone younger...

I figure if people like it, do it, once you're over 30 you're kinda not a fresh hot thing anymore so I guess the stigma leaves a little
 bAc0nflav0redbac0n
Msg: 638
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/14/2015 8:16:31 AM
I've found in reading some of the posts in here, that some of these fun-in-da-sack oldies waste too much time chasing fellow oldies for a piece of the da bootie they won't get. They should stick to finding women that love them and get laid already (and without intoxicating them with insane amounts of booze).
 kj521
Msg: 639
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/14/2015 12:16:59 PM
Might I suggest...Mr. Crookcatcher...that should you partake in a shot of tequila...it be Petron? :)

And where did that handsome pic of you in the suit and aqua tie disappear to?

As far as POF implementing a +/- 14 yr age restriction...I think it makes good business sense for this particular dating site.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 640
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/14/2015 12:49:52 PM

As far as POF implementing a +/- 14 yr age restriction...I think it makes good business sense for this particular dating site.

A forced one? No, not "good business sense". Makes good business sense to have options. People who are 45 not being able to date a 30 year old even if both like it? Not ideal.

POF hits the market as an all-four-corners type dating site. For fun & casual, or for something serious. If an option is for Hang Out and looking-for-no-commitment, and that is helps draw people in (and more users more $$) -- you'd want to have the option to open up age-range contact to whatever you wish. Common sense. A forced +/- 14 years is understandable as a Default if nothing's selected by the user, sure. Bad business sense to make that an end-all-be-all universal rule.
 kj521
Msg: 641
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/14/2015 12:54:01 PM
That is your opinion Mr. Norwegianguy.

I'll stand by mine based upon the reputation of this site in many locales and the demographics it attracts. :)
 crookcatcher
Msg: 642
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/14/2015 1:36:03 PM

And where did that handsome pic of you in the suit and aqua tie disappear to?

Seems one of the three usual mutants that crawl around in the dark were bored today and reported me multiple times for inappropriate messaging yada yada and my pic was inappropriate as well. Gives them something to do though I suppose. :)
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 643
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/14/2015 1:46:25 PM

NO..it doesn't..BECAUSE.....
 Chromis1
Msg: 644
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 10/14/2015 2:16:50 PM

A forced one? No, not "good business sense". Makes good business sense to have options.

It makes good business sense to generate ad revenue. So it makes good business sense to drive up the user base. If the number crunchers at POF determined that, on balance, they were losing users because of the under/over 14 years factor, then activating the restriction was a sound business decision. You can argue otherwise until the wind finally picks up and blows you away, but the fact is that you'll never know with certainty what those numbers really are.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 645
view profile
History
AGE GAP
Posted: 1/13/2016 8:46:59 AM
I nearly always get carded when I ask for the senior discount for those over 60, which naturally both amuses me and it's nice to hear.

But I have actually had a clerk in a store speak to my GF and refer to her as my mother. Back when I was 30.

To be fair, she was a little older than me, maybe 5 years, I look young for my age and she looked older, and she was selecting clothes for me to wear. BUT boy was she pissed.

But that is not the MOST AMAZING AGE GAP mistake I have encountered.

While riding in a taxi in Bangkok, I was 60, my fiancée was 38, the other couple was a German woman Lady H who was 37 and her Thai fiance was 27.

The taxi driver was curious, and he asked about his passengers. He assumed Lady H woman was my mother, and the Thai man to be my fiancee's brother. He did get it right about the younger Thai woman being my GF.

Fortunately he asked his questions in Thai, and no one was going to translate into English that particular erroneous observation. I have to say, there is no way any native American would have mistaken Lady H for my mother, that is preposterous, but Asians have a difficult time judging age in Western people.

It was very funny to me and my fiancée, but the youngest of the group, the Thai man was not amused. His older fiancée never found out about the mistake.

So I don't trust people's ablilty to judge age from a picture or even face to face, I tend to dismiss age related obvervations unless you actually see an ID with their age on it.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > AGE GAP