Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If you have a totally honest profile, genuine pics, etc. do you actua      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purplerider1200
Msg: 150
view profile
History
If you have a totally honest profile, genuine pics, etc. do you actually get genuine results?Page 7 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
And you're in Florida. Now, how well would that have worked out?

Two lousy inches. I subtracted rather than added. Point out one other person on here that fudged on his or her height, in the minus column.

Reprove themselves? I haven't met a woman yet that hasn't expected that from a man. It gets old after a while. Yes, I know women need reassurance that they are important to a man. A shy guy, like me who hasn't dated much in his life, can and does miss signals that women throw. Instead of understanding that shortcoming, they get mad and take it as not caring. I've gotten hit with that one too many times. I just love spending time trying to figure what I did wrong to make her mad at me.

That issue makes me think long and hard about getting involved with women on a personal level.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 151
If you have a totally honest profile, genuine pics, etc. do you actually get genuine results?
Posted: 5/10/2016 8:48:02 PM
You realize you are jeopardizing any potential relationships at the start and then crying foul that they dont work out. Subconsciously you don't want to risk getting involved and being hurt so you trip them up at the start and then blame them before there is any real reason.

If you realize what upsets most women then it is easy to advise someone at the start that at times there has been an issue and it is more out of shyness than not caring and to please before they get their feeling hurt to reach out cause the last thing you want is for them to feel like that.

Communications can head off lots of non-issues before they become issues.

And if no woman has actually told you what made them mad...then you are just driving yourself mad and don't really know...why burn that energy just move forward without worrying...chalk it up to it didnt work
 purplerider1200
Msg: 152
view profile
History
If you have a totally honest profile, genuine pics, etc. do you actually get genuine results?
Posted: 5/10/2016 9:39:40 PM
More than likely, you're right on all points.

But, I'll still freeze up trying to approach a woman. You may think it's easy to strike up a conversation with anyone. I don't see it that way.
 2ufo
Msg: 153
Posted: 5/10/2016 10:12:36 PM
But why divest yourself of 2 inches of height in your profile?
I don't understand that.
Of course, I don't understand adding inches to a profile either or any other deception like wrong weight, marital status, incorrect number of kids - how can you forget that!?

Unless, it's like my brother used to say after an 'interesting' experience:

"It seemed like a good idea at the time".
 purplerider1200
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 5:47:01 AM
After 6'2", two inches doesn't mean much. Short women look even shorter to me. I've seen just a couple women that were taller than I. Can you look at a person, and tell within two inches, how tall they are? I work with measurements everyday, I can be close just guessing. But accurate? Never.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing that tall men have an advantage in dating. No way, no how. Being tall only means that I don't have to struggle with my weight so much. But, ten+ pounds on me means I can twist a knee quicker than I care to think about. I do believe though, that women expect more out of me from square one. It's irritating.
 Whisky_River
Msg: 155
Posted: 5/11/2016 6:09:42 AM

women expect more out of me from square one. It's irritating.

Such as?
With me being a short woman, I just like a man taller than me....not hard to beat.
I would find it odd to be with someone over 6 feet...prefer the shorter ones.

A man being the height I am comfortable with is not the "only" thing or high on my "have to have" list
Everyone needs to be attracted to another.
Attitude is a big turn on for me.
Commonalities....closeness....so many things need to connect.
I need to picture my life with someone that isn't ****y/grouchy all the time.
 Behind_Blue_Eyes64
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 5/22/2016 6:44:53 PM
I created my profile with the mindset that I was selling myself. The same way as if I were selling a car or an item on Ebay. Be as honest and descriptive as possible. Pics help sell. (I may have tried to hide the chins a little...lol) The only things I didn't list that maybe I could have was political or religious leanings. (I don't think any extreme views in either category would be a good match for me.)

I really wasn't expecting any replies that I would consider acting on, especially being a guy, but I did get one. We've seen each other twice in person. The initial meetup was a "walk and talk", and had dinner and drinks on the second one. I bought dinner, she bought drinks.

I'm looking forward to the next.
 bigshrek
Msg: 157
Posted: 5/24/2016 3:42:15 PM
Yep, it got me married once ;)

Too bad we were both too hard-headed to work it out...
Live & Learn...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > If you have a totally honest profile, genuine pics, etc. do you actually get genuine results?