Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > American Exceptionalism=Mass Murder Study Says...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 8inscrew
Msg: 234
American Exceptionalism=Mass Murder Study Says...Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Joe said he and his countrymen want to kill us if we visit.... I see the problem.
It's even a frequent enough event to deserve a label and a joke over there?
At least to Joe and now us... no chuckle for educating ministers like you Jose`.

Invitation is still open tho...... must be hard for you to let off some steam.

Can the printers riffle and stuff too?

I grew up in a capable shop...... was pulling iron pretty young. 8.

Yes I hammered a shot shell.
But only after modifying the pliers...
hence the reason for the education.

Edit.

Guess I am uninformed about the implications of owning 3d printers.
The old way of reverse engineering was to get one and take it apart.... make new parts cheap as possible.
Now I could just get a printer full of plastic and press 100 copies?

This calls for even more individual vidulence.
Maybe a registry of plastic.....
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 235
American Exceptionalism=Mass Murder Study Says...
Posted: 9/3/2015 4:13:18 AM
OK...watch carefully, because this is how it is done. I was wrong! The is no complete information on the internet, that I can find, to convert an AR15 from semi to fully automatic. I'm sure those in the know can do a conversion and do conversions, but the information does exist and any easily searchable manner on the internet.

What seems to be readily available on the internet are bump and slide conversions that enhance the firing rate of an AR15 without actually going fully automatic. I have no idea what the effect of shaving the draw weight has. Is this shaving the trigger down, in the manner of a hair trigger, to reduce trigger pull?

In my experience, guns are passed down and training begins young.

Yanno, I do get it. My father bought a .22 rifle for us when I was a boy. Did I ever get unrestricted use of the rifle-NO. Did we go target shooting together yes. Was the rifle locked away so that I couldn't go into the woods and kill some critters-YES. We also had a Civil War Colt .44 revolver. We had a ball mold and poured our own ammo. It was a treat to go out a shoot that gun. Did I ever shoot that gun without supervision...absolutely not. You see, my father, being the wise man he was, knew the impulse control that children have is not as matured as most adults. He did not want me to be the recipient or perpetrator of some horrible accident. Just down the street from where I live 2 boys were cutting school 20-25 years ago...they went to one of the boys homes who had guns in the house...well, the guest boy shot his friend...shot the friends dog...and shot the mother, who was a teacher, when she got home. If I recall correctly these boys were 12-13 at the time. A friend of my was a town detective who investigated the murders....he told me the shooter was a born, undiagnosed, psychopath who had never been diagnosed...the boy showed absolutely no remorse for what he had done. He never had time to be diagnosed-before he murdered his friend and his mother...all because a gun was left out.

We don't require gun safety training...we don't require responsibility training...we don't require use training...we only have to show that we're not a felon and declare we're sane.

Press for the offending parties to be held accountable. Prosecute that Mother.
She should spend 27 life sentences for getting her son the tools to express his mental illness.
That is a fact. She made that tragedy possible, directly.

This was a straw purchase done legally...and the mother was the first victim...and yes, the mother was directly responsible for these 27 murders...but, doesn't the ease of access have anything to do with the crime? Doesn't the culture of our gun lovin' society bear some blame? We glorify Bonnie and Clyde...Al Capone is iconic...we open carry with the right to stand our ground-at the expense of another man's life. You see, neither mental illness nor a gun independently create a mass murder...and to look at only one aspect of the equation is disingenuous...

And yes, only a craftsman with a machine shop could make a gun from metal stock...you would actually have to know something to do it...that same craftsman could probably turn an AR15 into fully auto.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 236
Posted: 9/3/2015 4:44:06 AM

You claimed no one has mentioned banning or taking guns away......
but you have. Several times. Even joking about a Canadian "thing" about shooting us turistas....
because you can disarm us first.
Also when you said if "we" took guns out of the equation, on this very page.

God... I see we are back to being "stupid fvcks" again...

Your SO fvcking pathetic... you really are... just pathetic...
 sacredrain
Msg: 237
Posted: 9/3/2015 12:21:17 PM
Good post joe. Very constructive.
 _babblefish
Msg: 238
Posted: 9/3/2015 2:00:41 PM

Gun violence is still too high in the USA, but it's been falling and coming under control. That's my most significant take away from this discussion.

that's crazy talk, but if you and others think this way *shrug, who cares, it's your country shittin' the bed and
killing innocents for no damn reason other than you can because you're armed, such moXie

bang
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 239
Posted: 9/3/2015 3:25:20 PM

BB-Eyes:You see People talk about Firearms all the Time, where their knowledge comes from some anti gun group or TV/Movies...
I remember a video of a TV News report about Assault Weapons, yet when they cut to a clip shot at a Local Police Range, they showed them Shooting Full Auto M16s.... Was that the Police trying to Confuse the Issue, or the TV Station?

Flyguy51:
An M16 meets the full definition of not only so called "Assault Weapons" but Assault Rifle as well, so I don't see what you are taking issue with here.

No it does not, & a easy way to tell, is what law would someone be charged with, if they were caught with a M16, without a 1934 NFA Tax Stamp...

The term Assault Weapon is one that was invented at first by Gun Enthusiasts, to describe a Class of Firearms that had the Cosmetic Features of their Military counterparts, without the Full Auto Capabilities.... It included Battle Rifles, Assault Rifles, SMG's, Military Shotguns, and more.... It was based purely on looks, & never included any Firearm already Regulated by the 1934 NFA..... Originally, it was a clever play on the German Term, Sturmgewehr... for the STG-44....

The term Assault Weapons was co-opted by the Anti Gun People, to Demonize those Firearms, based on their cosmetics..

I wonder how many in the USA would still support Gun Control, if they knew from where these Laws evolved from?

Gun Control never has & never will affect the Rich & Powerful, they will always have ways of Circumventing those Laws...

You can trace the Modern Gun Control laws back to their Roots in Jim Crow type of laws.... The Roots of Modern Gun Control Laws, in the USA, are based on Racism & Classism...

BB-Irish:
OK...watch carefully, because this is how it is done. I was wrong! The is no complete information on the internet, that I can find, to convert an AR15 from semi to fully automatic. I'm sure those in the know can do a conversion and do conversions, but the information does exist and any easily searchable manner on the internet.

Thank You, Yes, that is the way it's done.... Do I know the difference between the FCG of a M16 & a AR15 & the way they work, yes....

When I & many other Gun Enthusiasts see someone offering something we know is or could be illegal, our first thought is it's a Trap setup by some Law Enforcement Agency...
 DameWrite
Msg: 240
view profile
History
Posted: 9/3/2015 3:31:46 PM
People should be allowed one shot/reload rifles for hunting and protection. Guns are for killing people and possession of an assault rifle is just mental, therefor should not be allowed as mental people who would use them cannot be trusted.

Guns to fight off a gov't gone rogue wouldn't do the trick anymore anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > American Exceptionalism=Mass Murder Study Says...