Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Europe's Refugee Crisis      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _babblefish
Msg: 51
Europe's Refugee CrisisPage 3 of 43    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)

Lets see canada accept 1,000,000 non documented refugees. Then i might be a touch more understanding.

why 1,000,000? Canada has a population of 35 mil, UK approx. 60 and Germany just over 80 . .

did you throw that number out there because of land mass? or is it just you being your typical ass self not realizing
no one wants to come to Canada, it's a frozen waste land full of toothless hockey players and back alley maple
syrup drinkers, hell we still use VHS tapes

* maybe the Harper govt. could take them in and send them to the tarsands to work for realz cheap with the
value of oil so low an all. . brrrrrr
 Maleman999
Msg: 52
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/4/2015 1:58:49 PM

Msg 51:
British Columbians, brace yourselves for a possible mass migration of Californians to our coastline. According to several scientists, the Pacific Northwest is one of the safest places to live as far as climate change is concerned.
------------------------
I think I better start a movement now to prevent those nasty, dirty, lazy Californians from ruining my wonderful Canadian lifestyle. No f'ng way should I be bothered to help those caught in less fortunate circumstances.

If presidential candidate Gov. Scott Walker has it his way, he would have a wall constructed along the entire U.S./Canada border. (don't recall how many thousands of miles that would be). It makes me wonder if he wants the wall up to keep Canadians out of the U.S., or to keep Americans from escaping the U.S.
 gtomustang
Msg: 53
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/4/2015 2:14:10 PM
Arab countries don't want the refugees b/c after the Palestinian mess of the 1970's, and the Arab Spring (caused allegedly by out of work people with a grudge and obviously time on their hands), the leaders of countries that already are 50% immigrant labor don't want to risk a future uprising by people they can't support. Especially if they are Shi'a and the leaders are Sunni.

what would Jesus do? Oh that's right, He was forced to sleep in the manger.
 4ms4me
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/4/2015 2:46:25 PM

If presidential candidate Gov. Scott Walker has it his way, he would have a wall constructed along the entire U.S./Canada border. (don't recall how many thousands of miles that would be). It makes me wonder if he wants the wall up to keep Canadians out of the U.S., or to keep Americans from escaping the U.S.

I'm beginning to see the sense of this idea. The US has a very large prison population, who need something productive to occupy their time - why not a wall, nearly 9 thousand miles long? And, we're going to be having a lot of stoners over on this side (if the next gov't isn't the same right-wing-religious Conservative we have now) and they could perhaps paint a mural on it - get them outta their moms' basements a few hours a day. Not only are potentially thousands of persons gainfully occupied, the Americans won't be able to escape the coming GOP-ocalypse, and we won't be getting all your Liberals over here mucking up our land.

Win-Win.

;p
 deetristate
Msg: 55
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/4/2015 3:48:56 PM
Jesus and the gang were three people.

No country has an obligation to take anyone. Canada does not have to take Americans after they run out of water or burn everything, Kenya, Namibia and Mauritania do not have to take anyone from the West when the West has polluted all of its water and air, etc, etc. Mexico does not have to become China or India West to alleviate population issues.

Maybe all the people who think that they ought to should contact the State Department or UN and volunteer to take in and support a "migrant family." No problem with that. So can the local Branch of the Ethical Society, Center for Inquiry, Humanist Institutes or Quakers volunteer to take them in and be responsible for their shelter, feeding and welfare.

Interesting that the people fleeing are the very people who could make a change.(Drs, young able-bodied men, etc.) And so many left the women behind. In a war that they, the men, felt compelled to flee.
 4ms4me
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/4/2015 4:19:06 PM

Maybe all the people who think that they ought to should contact the State Department or UN and volunteer to take in and support a "migrant family."

Just in passing, I read that's already happening somewhere in Europe and maybe Canada? Can't recall details.
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 57
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/4/2015 4:31:56 PM
Turkey has been critical of the international community because they are taking a disproportionate amount of Syrian refugees and financial burden (Amnesty Report).

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/nov/20/amnesty-report-desperate-plight-syrian-refugees-turkey

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/04/syrian-refugee-crisis-why-has-it-become-so-bad
 villabolos
Msg: 58
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/4/2015 9:07:37 PM
You mean I'm not going to be able to escape to Canada??? Oh no, what am I going to do?? I'm going to have change my plans now.
 SheldonCooper02
Msg: 59
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/5/2015 6:58:09 AM
I'm so sick of these posters who have zero thinking capability but every garbage
they type here think smart opinion.

You go to grocery shopping because you ran out of food at home.
You slow down your car because there was an accident on the road ahead.
You go to restaurant because your stomach is empty.
It rains because there was dark cloud in the sky.
It becomes night because the sun goes under the horizon.

Do you see a pattern in these sentences? It is called Cause and Effect .
Every event precedes with a Cause. Now if you ignore the cause, you'd
solve no problem. Ask yourself what is the Cause of this flow of refugees?
Instead of blaming the refugees taking over your country, blame yourself first.
Because you were the biggest Cheerleaders of Wars in middle east when
they started. These refugees were happily living their poor lives in their towns,
villages minding their own business until we and our "allies" started dropping bombs
on them.

Obviously none of these "smart" posters has a clue what life is like in a country
attacked by modern weapons. These people didn't one day jump in joy and said, "Let's
leave our homes and become refugees, let's live the uncertain lives of refugees".

Because of people like you our governments may someday even start a world war, and
you will have no voice. Protests and changing government policies like Vietnam war
is lost forever because press and media now have no freedom like they had in Vietnam era,
and most importantly NSA was virtually non-existent in V era. You invited NSA
in your house, in your car, and on every street and roads without thinking
of the consequences because your "party" supported it.
You decided to live like a herd of sheep instead of humans.
Live with it.
 cotter
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/5/2015 7:36:49 AM
Way back when we invaded sovereign nations and displaced, maimed, and mutilated masses of people and left all kinds of poison in their backyards and blew up their homes ... I said we would pay dearly.

I wrote that we would end up having to take these people in ... help them, feed them, house them, etc. And now that day is coming ... now it is here.

Message 62 ...
These refugees were happily living their poor lives in their towns,
villages minding their own business until we and our "allies" started dropping bombs
on them.

Obviously none of these "smart" posters has a clue what life is like in a country
attacked by modern weapons. These people didn't one day jump in joy and said, "Let's
leave our homes and become refugees, let's live the uncertain lives of refugees".

Maybe we should ask the folks who got rich off our war machine to pay for the upkeep on these refugees ... pay to clean up their country and make it livable again ...

They won't even pay to take care of our veterans who got maimed and mutilated ... who were sent to fight their illegal wars.

What the hell makes anyone think they will do anything to help the refugees the illegal wars have created?
 Maleman999
Msg: 61
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/5/2015 8:23:29 AM

These refugees were happily living their poor lives in their towns, villages minding their own business until we and our "allies" started dropping bombs on them.

How ironic is it, that these refugees are risking their lives, trying to reach countries that are American puppet countries, who are participating in the effort to wipe Syria off of the face of the earth. So the refugees are going to countries where the country's military might be responsible for murdering their families, friends, or neighbors. Is this what you would call sleeping with the enemy? So far, I haven't heard much from the U.S. government, concerning how they will (or if) help out, other than a "Gee, that's too bad. Good luck with that".
 deetristate
Msg: 62
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/5/2015 3:01:07 PM
Shelson-
Can one not be against war and against countries taking in thousands of refugees?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 63
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/5/2015 3:46:03 PM
Hmmm... It seems... that not everyone... not even nearly everyone... sees this refugee crisis... as "Europe destroying"... like the teabaggers and bigots do...

Seems they see it as a "human crisis"... to be resolved with help and assistance... rather than hate and bigotry...

Refugee crisis: Thousands arrive in Austria, Germany
Exhausted migrants greeted with fruit, water and welcome signs en route to Munich

Austria and Germany threw open their borders to thousands of exhausted refugees on Saturday, bused to the Hungarian border by a right-wing government that had tried to stop them but was overwhelmed by the sheer numbers reaching Europe's frontiers.

'Refugees welcome'

Wrapped in blankets and sleeping bags against the rain, long lines of weary migrants, many carrying small, sleeping children, climbed off buses on the Hungarian side of the border and walked into Austria, receiving fruit and water from aid workers. Waiting Austrians held signs that read, "Refugees welcome".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/refugees-austria-germany-1.3216982

I especially liked the photo of the Austrian transit cop... giving the little boy his hat... to wear...

Too bad the bigots among the teabaggers... can't be so... well... human... and humane...
 BussOfEsprit
Msg: 64
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/5/2015 5:58:39 PM
ISIS threatens to capture vital highway in Syria with the possibility of increasing the refugee problem and Russia is constructing a military base in Syria to assist Assad.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/isis-are-threatening-to-capture-a-vital-highway-in-syria--the-loss-of-which-could-push-millions-of-refugees-out-of-governmentheld-areas-10488379.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/11846382/Russia-is-building-military-base-in-Syria.html
 cotter
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/5/2015 6:45:35 PM

Too bad the bigots among the teabaggers... can't be so... well... human... and humane...
Bwaahhahhahha ... Who's afraid of the big bad wolves errrr Muslims? Hmmmm ... apparently not the Europeans ... eh?

I knew this was going to happen ...

... the teabaggers and republi-dippers have been so busy demonizing the Muslims with our troops (in basic training) and then they carry the hate into the "battle zone" where they're supposed to be training the responsible Muslims ... but end up basically turning them into our worst enemies.

I mean, seriously, who wants to be friends with people who demean you and call you caustic names on a daily basis?

We pull out as negotiated by Dumbya Gumpya and they just abandon the equipment and run and the baggers and dippers blame it all on President Obama.

Our foolishness feeds the growth of Al-Qaeda (where they weren't before) and the growth of ISIL - Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant. (Thank you Dumbya Gumpya and D1ck the torturer Cheney.)

Now we have all these refugees (we broke it, it's time for us to own it) but Central Europe is inheriting them.

Boy are they ever gonna love us (still more than they already do) over there.

I'm just glad I have all kinds of friends there and can speak a European language fluently enough not to be labeled "American" ... because that's not a very popular thing to be right now ... in Europe.

Oh dear ... SIGH.
 SheldonCooper02
Msg: 66
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/5/2015 8:17:28 PM
@Dee

Can one not be against war and against countries taking in thousands of refugees?

Of course. Note that in my previous post I used the word "YOU" for some posters not all at all.
They know who they are.
Tristate, cotter, Dad, Igor they all make excellent points time to time.
Welcome back, DameWrite.

Also note, European general population are vehemently against war. London had the
largest anti-war demonstration before Iraq war started. Main reason is
Europe knows what a modern war is like. They fought 2 World War and do not
want any more war by them or against them. It is their governments
who totally ignore public opinion and drag their nations into wars for money and power.
Now average Europeans find their countries are flooded with refugees which
may have negative effects on the whole country in the future. Instead of
war-loots, as their leaders promised, public are getting war-ruins.
 villabolos
Msg: 67
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/5/2015 8:18:46 PM
I remember some years ago Al Gore wrote a book about the environment. In there he pointed out a portion of the California coast that would be under water due to global warming. Some years after the release of that book, Al Gore bought a multi-million dollar mansion in the very place that he said would be underwater.

The Europeans are not happy about what is happening there. There are talks of certain parts of certain countries want to break-off and form their own country because of this very type of thing; Scotland, Venice, the BAsque region of Spain to name a few. Geert Wilders party in Holland is very popular last time I checked.
Vlad would be the one to comment on this. I'm pretty sure though they are very upset.

There is no country that does more for other countries and people of the world than the United States.
We are $16+ trillion in debt right now. IT's time for Americans to start thinking and taking care of Americans for once.

The wars are not right. The people here do not want them and have not wanted them for some time.
The Arab Spring happened under the Obama watch.

One person in this thread wants their gov't to tax through the roof and even just take things from their citizens all to support refugees.
Another one isn't happy with free speech.
I noticed that Biala and HFGX's accounts are gone., While I did not care for HFGX, I am not a believer in limiting free speech. They should have the right to express what they think.
Nothing on this site means anything. It's not going to change any public policy or even change any of the other poster's minds. People still want to limit what you are allowed to say just because they don't agree.
All very scary.

Dee is right - you can be against war and against being overrun with illegals aliens/refugees
 cotter
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/5/2015 9:50:50 PM
Message 71 ...
True ~ also we were worried about terrorism here after seeing what happen in US
Well ... there was a reason we were attacked. I didn't know the UK was so supportive of the Zionists. So far, all reports about what happened to us related to 9/11 shows that it happened because of our support of the Zionist movement.

I have no idea why 7/7 happened ... but maybe you all have a commission that can help you find out why ... just as we did.

Now that's not to say that people will take the findings seriously ... because many do not believe what the "architects" of 9/11 said (denial is some sort of comfort zone for a lot of people), but nonetheless, we were told why we were attacked. Not that it means we've changed anything ... we just keep walking blindly down the same road ... doing whatever it takes to keep protecting the Zionists and their murdering, thieving activities.

I've always maintained that we can't expect other countries to submit to inspections if we don't ask the same of Israel.

Phyllis Bennis makes an excellent point (as posted before ... but maybe from a different website) ... http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=14396
Israel's Nukes a Major Factor in Mideast Arms Race

JARED BALL, PRODUCER, TRNN: Welcome back to the Real News Network. I'm Jared Ball here in Baltimore.

Israel is making a concerted effort to forestall a resolution that would subject its nuclear facilities to inspection from the International Atomic Energy Agency. The resolution has been put forth by Egypt, and will be voted on in mid-September. Iran is also likely to support the resolution. Just last Friday Iranian foreign minister Mohammad Javad Zarif published an article in the Guardian titled Iran has signed an historic nuclear deal; now it's Israel's turn.

Joining us to discuss this is Phyllis Bennis. Bennis is a fellow and director of the New Internationalism Project at the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington, DC. She is the author of Before and After: U.S. Foreign Policy and the September 11th Crisis, Ending the U.S. War in Afghanistan: A Primer, and Understanding the U.S.-Iran Crisis: A Primer. Welcome back to the Real News Network, Phyllis Bennis.

PHYLLIS BENNIS, FELLOW, INSTITUTE FOR POLICY STUDIES: Good to be with you, Jared.

BALL: So can you just start off by talking about this resolution, especially in light of the recent Iranian nuclear deal made by the Obama administration here in the United States?

BENNIS: Well you know, it's actually been Israel's turn for a very long time. Israel is the only country in the region that actually has a nuclear weapons arsenal. Unlike Iran, which is being punished, has been punished with sanctions of all kinds for the possibility that someday it might decide maybe sometime it wants to build a nuclear weapon, a decision that all the U.S. intelligence agencies agree they have not made yet.

Israel actually has nuclear weapons, somewhere between 300 and 400 of them, high-density nuclear bombs in their nuclear plant in Dimona, in the Israeli desert. They're not acknowledged officially. Israel says, we refuse to confirm or deny the presence of these weapons. The whole world knows they exist. They've known about them since the early 1980s when Mordechai Vanunu, an Israeli nuclear technician, took photographs in the Dimona plant and fled the country to make them public. He was then captured by Israel, sentenced to many, many years in prison. Did almost 18 years in solitary confinement, and was only recently released from prison only to face very serious restrictions on who he can meet with, what he can say, et cetera. So he's paid an enormous price.

But there is no question that Israel has nuclear weapons. What it has not done, besides build the nuclear weapons, what it hasn't done is to sign on to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. And what that means is those weapons are not under inspection by any international agency. We have no idea if they are old, corroded weapons, if they're leaching toxic chemicals, toxic radioactive material into the desert, into the sea. There's just no way to know. And there has been an effort for many years, this is only the most recent by Egypt, to create a weapons of mass destruction-free zone throughout the Middle East, a nuclear weapons-free zone throughout the Middle East.

The U.S. has always accepted Israeli opposition to that demand and has allowed Israel to essentially get away with it. So this is one more effort in the wake of the new agreement between Iran and the six world powers that will revenge Iran from ever getting a nuclear weapon in the future if it ever decides to. Instead they're saying, let's have a nuclear weapons-free zone throughout the whole Middle East. And Israel so far is saying no. The Israeli foreign ministry has sent notices to all its embassies around the world, ordering its diplomats to fight against this resolution, even though the resolution isn't even a binding one, that might happen in September.

And crucially there's no indication so far that the Obama administration is prepared to do what they should do if they really were committed to non-proliferation in the region. They should start with disarmament in the region. This is not even an issue of non-proliferation, this an issue of disarmament of an existing, terrible, dangerous weapons arsenal.

BALL: So you've rightly talked about the fact that everyone who's paid attention knows that Israel has nuclear weapons. I'm wondering if you could add a comment or two about how Israel came to acquire those nuclear weapons in the first place. Is there something in the history of them acquiring these weapons that is playing out in the response to this Iranian deal and to the general political situation of the region now?

BENNIS: Yeah, that's an important question. Israel began its work on nuclear weapons back in the late '60s and into the 1970s. It was helped initially, mainly by France. The U.S. came to the table basically later, mainly after 1967.

But the Israelis kept it very secret. And they, the reports are that they tested their first nuclear device, as it was called--they don't like to say nuclear bomb. They tested a nuclear device in collaboration with apartheid South Africa off the coast of South Africa back in 1979. That was about four years before the Vanunu photographs were revealed to the world, confirming what many were beginning to suspect already, that Israel was building a nuclear weapons arsenal at its Dimona plant in the desert.

Since that time there's been a refusal to confirm or deny their existence. Israel says, we won't be the first to introduce nuclear weapons to the region, a deliberately ambiguous statement which some diplomats have said really means they wouldn't be the first to use it. But since nuclear weapons are really designed to forestall someone else threatening any kind of military attack, the fact that everybody knows Israel does have nuclear weapons makes it a very destabilizing reality throughout the region. If you want to look at the kinds of arms races that have gone on in the Middle East, a big reason for those arms races is the existence of Israel's unacknowledged, uninspected but very well known nuclear weapons arsenal.

BALL: So if the resolution does pass, how would this then affect Israel as one of the most powerful political actors in the Middle East?

BENNIS: Well, in the immediate sense it wouldn't at all. Because like resolutions of the UN General Assembly, for instance, it's not binding. If the International Atomic Energy Agency, the UN nuclear watchdog, the IAEA, which is the venue where Egypt is bringing this resolution, those resolutions are not considered binding, number one. And any country of the 40--I think it's about 40 countries who are on the board of the IAEA can actually use what amounts to a veto.

So if the U.S. says no, which it so far always has, it has always protected Israel, always defended Israel from being forced to admit or deny that it had these weapons, always protected Israel from having to bring those weapons under some kind of inspection, there's every likelihood the U.S. would do that again. Particularly right now, when Israel is leading the charge against the Iran nuclear deal, there's certainly no indication that the U.S. is going to crack down on Israel's nuclear weapons. They should. The U.S. should use this as an opportunity to go back to a position that ironically is a long-standing United States position that the U.S. signed on to in a resolution back in 1991 in the UN Security Council, whose resolutions are binding in international law. This was the resolution that ended the first Gulf War, the first U.S. war against Iraq, in 1991 in what was known as the mother of all resolutions because it was very long.

It included in Article 14--this is Resolution 687, if anybody wants to go look it up. Article 14 calls for the goal of a zone in the Middle East free of all weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. Period, full stop. No exceptions. No Israeli exemption from such a thing. That's the U.S. position.

I remember once asking a State Department official, what were you thinking when you wrote that language and then agreed to sign it? And he laughed very dismissively and said oh, we knew no one would take it seriously. And we said, well, we take it very seriously. He said, yeah, but we don't.

So that was kind of the U.S. position back in 1991 and [ought]. The big question now that someone should ask the Obama administration is, do you take it more seriously than your predecessor did? When the Bush administration said we don't take it seriously, President Obama came into office pledging a concern for bringing about a nuclear-free world. There's no better place to start than by enforcing what is already U.S. official position to say there should be a weapons of mass destruction-free zone throughout the Middle East.

BALL: Phyllis Bennis, thank you very much for joining us here at the Real News Network.

BENNIS: Thank you, it's been a pleasure.

BALL: And thank you for joining us here at the Real News. For all involved, I'm Jared Ball again here in Baltimore. And as always, as Fred Hampton used to say, to you we say peace if you're willing to fight for it. So peace, everybody, and we'll catch you in the whirlwind.

I've said it all along ... someone should be checking out what is going on in Israel and quit giving them a free pass on everything.
 deetristate
Msg: 69
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 4:30:58 AM
All those cowardly men who left their women and children behind....no sympathy.
let's see how welcoming the Austrians and Germans will be when the mosques start to go up

More often than anything, I get this feeling of being surprised that Europeans and Americans are allowing this to happen to themselves. Huh. . . .
 DameWrite
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 7:19:30 AM
The people are going through hell caused by war profiteers, oil tygoons, and the IMF's banksters' blackmail. Fleeing from bombing campaigns that Nato is doing to enforce regime change (territory and resource stealing) in the name of democracy is criminal. Criminals should not profit.

The greedos from our countries should be jailed and their profits taken. The poor people fleeing the mess we made should be fed, clothed, housed and helped. This should be paid for by all the illegal, crooked, and immoral profits taken BACK from those that exploit. They did not earn their money fairly, they shouldn't get to hoard it. Throw them in jail and take their profits. Profiting from war is/was supposedly a crime, Profiting from drug trade is a crime. Pimping is a crime. Extortion is a crime. Monopolizing is a crime. Slavery is a crime...

We take profits from gang members when we send them to jail, take it from the big gang members and their investors. They are the real criminals and the fckn CAUSE of this tragedy.

Quit blaming the refugees and their men who risk their lives breaking through the barriers we set up because we stupidly believe that they will fck us over if we help them. We are already getting fcked over and it ain't by them. Remember this when YOU may have to move because the greedos have poisoned your water or stole your land, made it financially impossible to keep your house, caused another war and the retaliation blew up your house, decided they want to save whatever is under or on your land or makes things so toxic that people stop thinking and start killing each other.

If you think you are safe from becoming a refugee yourself by refusing to see who is really causing this crisis...think again. You should be thinking...if I don't quit supporting the criminals...I could be next.
Quit blaming the victims of the wars that the big criminals start and get us to sponsor or fight for.

Start seeing what is really going on and start feeling again. You could be next.
 cotter
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 8:35:54 AM
Message 73 ...
I don't know ... I saw an awful lot of women with babies and some were pregnant as well. I also saw a lot of adolescent boys/men ... many appeared to be the age where it occurs to me they may not have yet started a family. I take it you are certain they all left their "women and children behind"?

let's see how welcoming the Austrians and Germans will be when the mosques start to go up
You are aware (aren't you) that there are a lot of "X-tians" living in the countries that the refugees are fleeing? Would you be concerned about them? Or is it just the "Muslims" you're concerned about?

Would you be concerned if the refugees built jewish synagogues or catholic churches to worship in? Or is it just a "Muslim" house of worship that you're concerned about?

More often than anything, I get this feeling of being surprised that Europeans and Americans are allowing this to happen to themselves. Huh. . . .
We brought it on ourselves and now it's coming back to bite us in the A$$ and DameWrite (Message 74) is absolutely right ... the ones who profited from these wars should be the ones who pay to take care of the refugees they produce.

The sick and maimed and mutilated can't move about as well as you see the refugees on TV. Wait until we are forced to take them in just as we had to take in other war "refugees". We've been out putting our noses in a lot of others' business ... butting in where we shouldn't have ... been raking in the profits. Just ask D1ck "the torturer" Cheney how much he's made so far on the middle east wars he engineered. Care to estimate that?

Our efforts have not gone unnoticed. Our spreading of poison in their back yards and agricultural fields have not gone unnoticed. Their deformed children will land in a hospital near you ... soon. The maimed and mutilated will land at the Welfare department near you soon ... they will be standing in line for Food Stamps and subsidized housing in a neighborhood near you soon.

We broke it ......... time to own it! Did you really think the damage we have created would not come back to haunt us ... ?
 Maleman999
Msg: 72
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 9:01:19 AM

Msg 73 (deetristate):

First of all, how do you know these men you see on the news have wives and children?
Secondly, I consider men who leave their wives and children behind as the good and smart ones. The over-crowded, dilapidated boats many of them are using to escape are death traps. Look at how many drown or suffocate to death. Do you consider the guy who took his family, who ended up drowning, where the boy's body washed up on shore, as doing the right thing? Is walking for hundreds of kilometers to a bordering country-who doesn't want them in the first place-for the faint of heart and good for the children, and especially if they have no home to go to when they get there? I consider the men who take their families on a perilous journey and purposely put their lives at great risk just as criminal as the people smugglers profiting from it. What would happen in the U.S. or other western nations if a man was to put his wife or children in a dangerous situation where the risk of death is high? Would that be tolerated here? CAS would be going ballistic if a man did that here.

I'm assuming the men who have families and who are taking the deadly risk are hoping to get to another nation where they can start a new life, and once they get established, will apply to be re-united with their families in the new home country. That's actually a very common practice that's being going on forever. I personally met some of immigrants who did it that way-where the man would do most of the grunt work of getting established in a foreign country by going there first, and having his family join him later. So making the assumption that any man who is doing it is abandoning his family is wrong.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 9:07:06 AM

I've always maintained that we can't expect other countries to submit to inspections if we don't ask the same of Israel

And I have always maintained that the US should be subject to inspections. The US has the same policy as Israel when it comes to their submarines or warships.The US will neither confirm or deny that any of their submarines or warships are carrying nuclear weapons.

You really have no right to claim that Israel should be subject to inspections when your own country has the same policy.

That is called a double standard. Anyway US citizens shouldn't be pointing their fingers at other countries about nuclear weapons because the US is the only country that has ever used nuclear weapons for mass genocide.
 deetristate
Msg: 74
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 9:14:06 AM
I saw the same few families over and over again. Images to create impressions. It worked.

"we" did not put our nose in. I did not want any war. And neither did most people that I know.

This is redolent of Conservatives voting against their interest.

I am not surprised that you claim not to see what is happening with the large "Migration" of Muslims in this political climate. See London and Paris.

" A million Christians moved into Saudi Arabia ( or Pakistan or and Israel - the joke works with any one of them) and ........" Nevermind. You won't get the joke.

I am all for individuals like you, Cotter, and organizations like the Humanist Society or other "Secularist" organizations taking in families and males who left their wives, daughters and mothers and the maimed and pledging to support them.

Every secular humanist I know is saying how "they" should let the people in, what a terrible thing "we" have done and this is the result, while they sip****ails (drinks) in the Hamptons or Martha's Vineyard for Labor Day weekend. And none of the "migrants" will be moved in near them in Charlottenburg, Cobble Hill or Eagle Ridge where they "Tsk tsk" what "the terrible west has done"

Maleman _ I know because they interviewed many of them on various news sources. I am "sitting" with an elderly relative on and off this weekend and have watched a lot of TV news as a byproduct. LOL!

If the war is so terrible that they had to flee, can they assume that their families will be alive?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 10:02:58 AM
Cotter
"I have no idea why 7/7 happened ... but maybe you all have a commission that can help you find out why ... just as we did. "

The perpetrators of the london bombs were born and bred in yorkshire. They were radicalised in mosques which for some reason get away with so called hate speech that the rest of us get jailed for.

You have never heard of the chillcot inquiry into the gulf war!!! It has been going for years and it is hiding war monger tony blair. I cannot believe that folk who are political know nothing of this. Is ANYTHING reported in shermanland about anywhere else in the world?

You will note below that two of the bombers were known to MI5. Yet the done nothing to stop them.

The bombers
The four men who carried out the 7 July bombings were young Britons who had led apparently ordinary lives.
Mohammad Sidique Khan, 30, Edgware Road bomber

A married father-of-one and teaching assistant, Mohammad Sidique Khan was the oldest of the bombers and is thought to have taken the lead role.
Raised in Beeston, Leeds, he was the youngest of six children born to Pakistani immigrants who had taken British citizenship.
Khan was known to the MI5, but officers assigned to investigate him were diverted to another operation.
Following the attacks a video message recorded by Khan emerged in which he said he was a "soldier" at "war".
His bomb, detonated on a westbound Circle Line train, killed seven people.

Shehzad Tanweer, 22, Aldgate bomber
Shehzad Tanweer was born in Bradford but lived most of his life in the Beeston area of Leeds.
In 2004 he travelled to the Pakistani city of Karachi along with Khan.
The two became known to the security services, but were on the periphery of other surveillance operations.
Tanweer detonated his bomb on the eastbound Circle line, killing seven others.

Germaine Lindsay, 19, Russell Square bomber
Jamaican-born British resident Germaine Lindsay spent his childhood in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, not far from the other bombers' homes.
Lindsay carried out the most deadly of the bombings, killing 26 on the Piccadilly line train.

Hasib Mir Hussain, 18, Tavistock Square bomber
Teenager Hasib Hussain was known as a quiet student with few friends whose life attracted little outside attention during his early teens.
Hussain was a second generation British citizen whose parents were of Pakistani origin. He grew up in Holbeck, on the outskirts of Leeds, and was the youngest of four children.
His family said they were "devastated" to learn he was the bus bomber who claimed 13 lives on 7 July.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/uk/05/london_blasts/investigation/html/bombers.stm

Contrast those pigs above with this story

15:35Tuesday 04 August 2015
A MAN has been charged with threatening to burn an ISIS flag in front of worshippers at a mosque.

Kenneth Meek, 54, is said to have made the threat during an alleged Facebook rant posted on his page last year.

Meek, from Livingston, is also alleged to have encouraged online friends to film themselves burning similar flags and to upload the images onto social media sites.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/man-threatened-to-burn-isis-flag-at-livingston-mosque-1-3849136

Back on topic. The hungarians applied the law regarding the refugees. The refugees refused to be documented. Now aided and abetted by liberal elites countless thousands of illegal immigrants who are undocumented are now pouring into europe.

Watching tv footage most are young single men. They do not look starved. Most are not shabbily dressed. A fair few have mobile phones. And where did the money come from to pay people smugglers? (Fair play to the bairns and ma who drowneds aunty accepting that they are dead because of her actions)

There USED to be an asylum claiming system in operation. Germany have now destroyed that. Genuine asylum seekers are now lumped in with economic migrants.

What a lot of yous are missing is that the uk had 380,000 LEGAL migrants last year. That is a city nearly the size of Edinburgh. In the uk our homeless situation is critical. Yet no houses available. Now we have 10,000 arriving who MUST UNDER LAW be housed. OUR homeless can just fvck off then eh?

I think ALL refugees should go to germany. After all it is they who destroyed the asylum laws they created.

I do not think it is heartless to want our horrendous problems in the uk regarding housing, health, education etc of our own population sorted first.

Isis already stated they were going to send their terrorists into europe through the migrant crisis.

Slovenia or slovakia have already stated they only want christian refugees in their nation. I see that as understandable.

As a hungarian politician said some of these illegal immigrants are paying more to people smugglers than some hungarians earn in wages.

Nope muslim nations should be dealing with this crisis. And we should be financing it. There are masses of folk of an alien culture and belief system who hate the west being allowed to invade our nations. The populations of those nations have never been consulted on THEIR position on this. They neither need nor want the illegal masses in their nations.

Dont be mistaken by a few folk standing applauding illegal undocumented immigrants. They do not represent the masses.

This is going to end up messy. Germany have basically said all are welcome and so they should take them all.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Europe's Refugee Crisis