Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Europe's Refugee Crisis      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DameWrite
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee CrisisPage 4 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)
"I do not think it is heartless to want our horrendous problems in the uk regarding housing, health, education etc of our own population sorted first.."

If it wasn't for Nato bombing them I'd agree but since we are, and their situation is dire, we should help for right now.

We could and should confiscate all the war profiteers mansions, big box stores, slum and high end apartments, financial towers, 5 star hotels, and abandoned factories etc. and allow the refugees to temporarily live there while we put the war criminals in jail and get our armed forces out of their neighborhoods. Then they could go back home.

The greedos should pay for their crimes (not the regular folk just trying to get by themselves). How we going to make them?

The refugees should be able to stay in their own countries but since they are running for their lives because of the greedos and their politician's who condone their violent "help" we have to help them out in the meantime.

Meantime should not have to last for years, we can and should stop the bombing now. We should jail the greedos and their paid off politician's NOW. We could pull out our armies NOW. We could employ our citizen's to go help them rebuild right away and pay them with the money the profiteers stole under the guise of democracy.

We should learn our lesson and quit supporting criminals that think bombing is necessary.

Food, water and clean air, community, peace and shelter are what is necessary.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 10:55:43 AM
Dame
"The greedos should pay the consequences, not the regular folk just trying to get by themselves.
Meantime should not have to last for years, we can and should stop the bombing now. We should jail the greedos and their paid off politician's NOW. We could employ our citizen's to go help them rebuild right away and pay them with the money the profiteers stole under the guise of democracy."

You will find i am in total agreement. We should not be meddling in other nations affairs. Syria is a civil war. Well it was. Assad was by no means unpopular. If he was then he would not have citizens and military still fighting on his side.

Bush, blair, obama and cameron are all guilty in helping create this nightmare. Good to see oil rich gulf nations doing their bit by closing their borders. Listen i UNDERSTAND WHY the refugees, asylum seekers and economic migrants try to flee. But our european nations have our own problems. Let the useless united nations take over and spread the refugees around the world.

I'm sure they will welcome guarenteed safety in japan or mexico. After all they are young geezers fleeing for their lives.

Meanwhile in MY country

"More than one in five (210,000) of Scotland’s children are officially recognised as living in poverty , a level significantly higher than in many other European countries[ii]. In 2013/14 the proportion of children in Scotland experiencing poverty remained at 22%, after increasing from 19% in 2011/12 [iii]. This increase is in-keeping with independent modelling by the Institute for Fiscal studies (IFS) which forecasts a massive increase in child poverty, with up to 100,000 more children living in poverty in Scotland in 2020 than in 2012 [iv]. This forecast does not take account of policy announcements, such as the decision to freeze working age benefits, made since January 2014."
http://www.cpag.org.uk/scotland/child-poverty-facts-and-figures
 DameWrite
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 11:02:56 AM
Vlad:
It seems people will settle for crumbs before they get off their ass and make the changes needed. Maybe having to share what little you have with someone from "over there" will be the final straw to kick the greedos out?

Or will we continue to blame each other?
 DameWrite
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 11:17:42 AM
We could be allowing the refugee safe haven in our homes while we occupy the greedo's real estates. Hopefully the army and law enforcement will occupy as well or at least not follow orders to arrest us. (They must know by now that they are being used as well).
The refugees could occupy the estates too if they wish or are able to. ( but haven't they had to put up with enough clashes for awhile?).

We have to stick together against the real enemy and quit falling for the lie that we are inherently different because of skin colour, cultural or religious practices. We all need to feel secure.

Psychopath's are getting away with murder and more while we sit back or take it out on each other. We can and should put an end to this b.s.
 cotter
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 12:46:49 PM
Message 71 & 77 ...

I've always maintained that we can't expect other countries to submit to inspections if we don't ask the same of Israel.

And I have always maintained that the US should be subject to inspections.
When have I ever said the US should not be subject to inspections? Please show me!

I can honestly say that I have never said the US should be exempt of inspections. NEVER would I have written that anywhere or said it anywhere because I have always been of the opinion that the US should be inspected as well.

Anyway US citizens shouldn't be pointing their fingers at other countries about nuclear weapons because the US is the only country that has ever used nuclear weapons for mass genocide.
Yeah ... I know.

I'm thinking that it's no doubt more challenging to pick off children and pregnant women one at a time, one ambulance at a time, one bulldozed house at a time. Any way you look at it though, genocide is genocide ... right?.

Your way just takes a while longer ... eh? Perhaps your snipers get more satisfaction at watching their heads explode one at a time than just pushing a button and ... POOF!

Will your country be taking in any refugees?

Will Israel be taking in any refugees?

You know, it occurs to me that Israel is the reason we went in and started those "illegal" wars ... seems only right they do their fair share.

Maybe they can spend some of the billions we send them on a couple of refugee families?

Even the Vatican is taking in the "heathen" refugees!

PS ... I don't look for Israel to take in any refugees at all.
**They're doing their best to murder as many "Muslim Palestinians" as they can, so there would not be any reason for them to take in more Muslims ... right?
**They would not be interested in "X-tians" actually living there ... but they will tolerate them if they have tons of money to spend ... not something the "X-tian" refugees would be able to offer the greedo Zionists.

Yes they are happy to relieve the "X-tians" (apocophiliacs) of any money they will leave there. LMFAO ... they have the "X-tians" convinced they can buy their way into the "land of milk & honey" for their final days. Oh dear ... wait'll they find out the Zionists have no intention of letting them in.

Message 79 ...
OUR homeless can just fvck off then eh?
As ours have been doing for some time now. Our own homeless citizens can't qualify for Welfare, Food Stamps, Subsidized Housing, no-cost medical coverage, free college education including free transportation to and from school, but our poor refugees get it all.

Message 80 ... I agree.

Message 83 ...
Hopefully the army and law enforcement will occupy as well or at least not follow orders to arrest us. (They must know by now that they are being used as well).
Sorry ... I'm afraid most of them have already been indoctrinated not to let that slide.

We can and should put an end to this b.s.
Yeah ... that would be nice.
 vatives
Msg: 81
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 1:00:00 PM
Cotter, how many refugees have the rich arab or Persian countries taken in. For that matter, how many Palestinian refugees have they taken in over the years?
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 82
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 1:14:40 PM

how many refugees have the rich arab or Persian countries taken in. For that matter, how many Palestinian refugees have they taken in over the years?

How has that ever been different...? But more importantly... what the hell does that have to do with... whether we (the western nations) do the "right thing"...? Since when does others being callous... justify it in us...?
 vatives
Msg: 83
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 1:31:24 PM
^^^ it is Cotter going on her maniacal hate Israel spew fest again, that's all. You should join in. You will be right at home.
 Orione7
Msg: 84
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 2:08:43 PM
The rest of the western world joins in, amazingly its just americans that are Israel brainwashed.
 4ms4me
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 4:08:32 PM
Posted on my FB page by a friend from the Middle East, a video of a Syrian kid in a hovel with no furniture, though oddly some containers that look like gas cans. He's asked if he's hungry (Yes); when was the last time he ate (two days ago); what is he eating (grass); what would he like to eat (bread); when was the last time he had bread (a long time).

Another friend, Canadian, posted this poem,
"HOME," by Somali poet Warsan Shire:

no one leaves home unless
home is the mouth of a shark
you only run for the border
when you see the whole city running as well

your neighbours running faster than you
breath bloody in their throats
the boy you went to school with
who kissed you dizzy behind the old tin factory
is holding a gun bigger than his body
you only leave home
when home won't let you stay.

no one leaves home unless home chases you
fire under feet
hot blood in your belly
it's not something you ever thought of doing
until the blade burnt threats into
your neck
and even then you carried the anthem under
your breath
only tearing up your passport in an airport toilets
sobbing as each mouthful of paper
made it clear that you wouldn't be going back.

you have to understand,
that no one puts their children in a boat
unless the water is safer than the land
no one burns their palms
under trains
beneath carriages
no one spends days and nights in the stomach of a truck
feeding on newspaper unless the miles travelled
means something more than journey.
no one crawls under fences
no one wants to be beaten
pitied

no one chooses refugee camps
or strip searches where your
body is left aching
or prison,
because prison is safer
than a city of fire
and one prison guard
in the night
is better than a truckload
of men who look like your father
no one could take it
no one could stomach it
no one skin would be tough enough

the
go home blacks
refugees
dirty immigrants
asylum seekers
sucking our country dry
s with their hands out
they smell strange
savage
messed up their country and now they want
to mess ours up
how do the words
the dirty looks
roll off your backs
maybe because the blow is softer
than a limb torn off

or the words are more tender
than fourteen men between
your legs
or the insults are easier
to swallow
than rubble
than bone
than your child body
in pieces.
i want to go home,
but home is the mouth of a shark
home is the barrel of the gun
and no one would leave home
unless home chased you to the shore
unless home told you
to quicken your legs
leave your clothes behind
crawl through the desert
wade through the oceans
drown
save
be hunger
beg
forget pride
your survival is more important

no one leaves home until home is a sweaty voice in your ear
saying-
leave,
run away from me now
i dont know what i've become
but i know that anywhere
is safer than here.
 DameWrite
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 5:15:17 PM
http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/RegularSessions/Session30/Documents/A.HRC.30.48_AEV.pdf

Conclusions and recommendations
A.
Conclusions
The plight of civilians cries out for immediate action to ensure their protection.
The livelihood of the Syrian population is subverted daily by the increasingly
internationalized nature of this non-international armed conflict, as well as the
ferocity of confrontations at the ground level, compounded by the spread of
extremism.

Shall we listen to the recommendation and take our international weapon supplying nature and butt out so as to not compound the situation by giving them an enemy to help recruit more extremists?
 4ms4me
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 6:29:13 PM
Vatican says it will take in two refugee families:
http://globalnews.ca/news/2205922/vatican-takes-in-refugee-families-pope-francis-asks-faithful-to-offer-shelter-to-migrants/?hootPostID=ad653777dba684ff8a8fe4e2a62447c2
 villabolos
Msg: 88
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 7:01:12 PM
The muslims are not your friends. They are not going to change. They are not going to convert.
They do not ponder what Jesus would do..
They are invading Europe.
THe pope is only encouraging it even more so.

As the old saying goes...the path to hell is paved with good intentions...
 DameWrite
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 7:13:03 PM
Villa:
I have Muslim friends.
They shouldn't have to change or convert.
They shouldn't have to ponder what Jesus would do either.

Should you be forced to change or convert?

They are not "invading" Europe, they would like to be safe at home and be free to travel, same as most people.

The pope is a plant to keep the desperate in line with the ruling class/greedo agenda.

There is no such thing as hell.

Why are you so frightened of Muslim's? Do you have stolen property that you might have to give back?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 90
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 9:23:12 PM

They are not "invading" Europe, they would like to be safe at home and be free to travel, same as most people.

The pope is a plant to keep the desperate in line with the ruling class/greedo agenda.

Unfortunately, it is inane nonsense such as this ^, that gives even those of us who are moderately left of center a bad rap!
 DameWrite
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/6/2015 9:26:06 PM
Nope, I don't believe or respect what the Muslim's preach anymore than what Christian's preach or what any religion preaches for that matter. I can have religious friends I disagree with. Hell, they put up with me and my atheism. There are other things to talk about.

And yes, really. The Pope is a bought and paid for propaganda machine. For centuries they've been paid off with land, gold, boys, servants, attention, immunity...

Latin America may think they've scored with this new Pope but he was "elected" to side track Latin Americans from the fact they are being taken over by plutocrats as well. Keeping them calm, donating, sidetracked and religious is better for the greedos than dealing with uprisings if people would look around and see what their agenda is. The plutocrats and their western puppets don't want Latin America to nationalize their resources so they put in a Pope from their neck of the woods who teaches them to obey, fear and to pray for guidance instead of ruling themselves, seeing and acting against corruption and taking on the responsibility of self government and community.

I'm hoping it won't work and they will rule themselves but religious teachings are hard to ignore especially when you are indoctrinated and/or uneducated and afraid of the punishment/consequence "Hell". We'll see.

Yule: feel free to explain why the Pope is around and show me an example of a Muslim that doesn't want a home and to be free to travel. (and don't worry I doubt I can;t give you a bad rap, that;s up to you. (We don't have much in common anyway as I don't sit on fences when people are being exploited).
 Orione7
Msg: 92
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/7/2015 2:45:16 AM
Villa, same with America really.
 Maleman999
Msg: 93
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/7/2015 5:49:39 AM
The same paranoia about the "wrong" people in huge numbers wanting desperately to go to western nations also existed right after the Second World War. People in eastern Europe suffered the wrath of both Hitler and Stalin-who was killing millions of his fellow countrymen/women during his reign of evil, in addition to the millions that Hitler's killing machine was responsible for, and people were looking for safe haven. The people leaving those countries were white, Anglo Saxons and mostly Christian who looked no different than most of the people in western nations, with the only major difference being the language-which most overcame by learning the language of the new home country.

But some people in the western nations feared that the new immigrants would try to convert them to be required to learn their native language and to "Stalinism" type of politics, and didn't grasp the concept that the new immigrants were trying to escape that. It would take a generation or so for the "melting pot" effect to eradicate the fear of new people.

Is it the Statue of Liberty that has a sign saying "Give us your poor, tired, and hungry", or something like that? I'm surprised the government hasn't changed it to: "Give us your poor, tired, and hungry.......Just Joking."
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 94
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/7/2015 6:28:00 AM

Yule: feel free to explain why the Pope is around and show me an example of a Muslim that doesn't want a home and to be free to travel.

The Pope isn't doing anything different than what the many previous popes did in the past. He is here just like any head of state is; as such, he is at liberty to delve into whatever issues and undertakings that serve the interests of his leadership; additionally he is here to commune with his followers (or flock), which he is expected to do in the way that he does.

The issue is not if Muslims want a home and have freedom to travel; you do not have the freedom to go where you are not permitted to go. A western tourist cannot just cross the border from Turkey (or Iraq) and go into Iran. If so, he will promptly be arrested and detained indefinitely! The same goes for many other countries in that region. Muslims who have been displaced are being given "homes" by the respective countries in W Europe who have taken them in as an act of kindness & compassion; as opposed to the Arab (their own bretheren) neighboring countries, most of whom have shut the door on these pple; especially the oil rich nations (many of whom have exploited their own pple from non oil rich countries for decades for cheap & dangerous labor). So the notion that refugees have a right to go where ever they want and be promptly accommodated in, is nonsense!

I'm all for opening up the borders for needy and oppressed pple, but it has to be done on a GLOBAL scale, not just by the US & Europe!

The Pope is a bought and paid for propaganda machine. For centuries they've been paid off with land, gold, boys, servants, attention, immunity...

This ^ is another moot point
There hasn't been a longstanding organization or entity(whether a religious corpus or secular one) in the history of the world; that hasn't been corrupted in one way or another at any given point in time!

The plutocrats and their western puppets don't want Latin America to nationalize their resources so they put in a Pope from their neck of the woods who teaches them to obey, fear and to pray for guidance instead of ruling themselves, seeing and acting against corruption and taking on the responsibility of self government and community.

LOL! And the pope will prevent this from happening? If so, then why was a German pope elected prior to this one (was it to keep the Germans in check?) And a Polish one before that? Oh wait, I know!!!! It was Reagan's secret weapon to bring down communism! Yeah thats it!
 cotter
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/7/2015 6:41:44 AM
Message 85 ...
For that matter, how many Palestinian refugees have they taken in over the years?
Why should the Palestinians have to go anywhere? They have their own land ... but it's being stolen from them.

Message 94 ...
The muslims are not your friends. They are not going to change. They are not going to convert.
I don't understand ... why do they have necessarily "convert"?

Are you trying to say you're religion is better than their religion? You have "other" ... what the hell does that mean? Is it your "other" religion that you'd like them to convert to? Are you ashamed of your religion and that's why you wrote "other"? I know some in here who are ... are you one of those?

I'm proud to be an athiest ... a "non-believer". Why are you ashamed of your religious beliefs?

When people migrate, they shouldn't have to be forced to "convert" to other peoples' beliefs!
 darkmoonrising02
Msg: 96
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/7/2015 9:39:22 AM
I have a Syrian friend, met him when he was working for a business down the hall from me. He was the Contoller in this company, a Canadian citizen, taking his degree in economics at night at university. He's been trying to get his wife to Canada for 5 years. He was close and then the crisis started and he had to start all the paperwork again. Even with the assistance of an immigration lawyer, his wife is still not here. She too is educated. Both are Muslim. Very sad and not very well done Canada.
 vatives
Msg: 97
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:10:57 PM
What are the Rich Arab States doing for the refugees?

http://cyprus-mail.com/2015/09/06/what-exactly-are-the-rich-gulf-arabs-doing-to-help-the-refugees/
 deetristate
Msg: 98
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/7/2015 4:37:38 PM
If your friend's wife entered illegally, they will let her stay, just like the others.

How many of you have signed up to take in a "migrant family?" They are asking the USA and Canada to take about 25,000.

And more are coming.

WHY?

Because they see how you capitulated and let the others in.

Germany is planning to spend 80 million dollars.
 cotter
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/7/2015 5:51:03 PM
Message 105 ...
How many of you have signed up to take in a "migrant family?"
Seems to me the "X-tians" could do something for the refugees.

Germany is planning to spend 80 million dollars.
When is Israel going to step up? They get billions from us ... and they're the reason for the wars.

How about they step up and take in a few refugees?
 villabolos
Msg: 100
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/7/2015 6:20:35 PM
You are so clever, Maleman!!

What is Canada's slogan?? You can come live here only if you have the right papers and meet everything that must be done to become a citizen. In the meantime, if your boat sinks and you drown while waiting, I guess that is just what happens.
Am I close??

I was just doing some reading on the hate crimes that have been committed against muslims in Canada I also read some things about the general publics feelings towards muslims in Canada.
Perhaps you need to clean up your own backyard.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Europe's Refugee Crisis