Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Europe's Refugee Crisis      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 101
Europe's Refugee CrisisPage 5 of 43    (3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43)

What are the Rich Arab States doing for the refugees?

The oil wealthy states have been pissing on their poorer brethren for ages
They invite them in when they need pple to do their dirty or dangerous jobs, and have paid them meagerly
Just look at Qatar's casualties (while building the stadiums for their upcoming soccer tournament), and how they've treated their migrant laborers. All those skyscrapers that have been built in the gulf states are as a result of migrant labor that they fully exploited.

Just like the article says; they shut their doors and privately say to let the Euros deal with it,
and at the same time they criticize Europe's humanitarian efforts.

They are easily the biggest hypocrites on the planet!
If it was up to someone like me, I wouldn't buy a drop of oil from them!
 congupnaroad
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/8/2015 4:40:00 PM
I heard a Syrian refugee now living here in Australia on the news this morning claiming how she has recognised on the TV ISIS members now claiming to be refugees.

Now that is a bit scarey! She was actually appealing to the Govt. to not let any of them into Australia. I have no reason to doubt what she was saying as she was quite emotional about it.

You may be able to hear the transcript at:

abc.net.au
 deetristate
Msg: 103
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/8/2015 4:45:12 PM
Not surprised.

Same with the Mexican border in the USA.

I don't blame them. Why not take advantage of the obtuse?

Did the "migrants" get free new clothes from some charity group before they left their countries?
 gtomustang
Msg: 104
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/9/2015 1:42:00 PM
We could replace "Syrian" with "Irish" or "Marielistas" and see that nothing is new under the sun. For sure, there is an issue that amongst all those refugees are those who lost the battle but would sure love to return and win the war as soon as they could...whatever way they could. maybe bomb an embassy they think had a part in the war. Or plot something while on the land of a neutral country. It seems that it takes about three generations, for a group of people to forget what it is that Grandpa keeps grumbling about. Look at Cuba--the newest generation of Cubas in Miami see opportunity in the opening of Cuba, not a chance to right old wrongs but to get in there with Internet.

The ability to forget old pains, combined with youthful optimism, seems to be what saves an oppressed people from keeping the war going.

Why do Sunni oil-oarchies refuse to let Shi'as from Syria in--oh, that's why. And there's the fear of another Arab Spring a few years down the road, when the guest country fails to follow thru on helping them out.
 villabolos
Msg: 105
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/10/2015 5:59:15 AM
Sunny,

Don't let the do-gooders shame you into feeling guilty over your thoughts on the muslim invasion.
You are right, ISIS said this is one of the ways they were going to move into Europe.

The muslims have been trying to take over Europe for centuries. AT times, they have been successful. Fortunately, they have been pushed back out at later times.
I'm sure you are very aware of all this. If there is nothing to worry about with them, why have there have been wars to push the muslims out of their countries and lands.

It's amazing how we have pretty much become oblivious to terror attacks now. Even here in the U.S. there are many, many, isolated incidents that just get swept under the rug. A few people get killed...ah, no big deal.
Off the top of my head, the Jewish hospital in Seattle, the one drove his car into a crowd in North Carolina, the one who walked into a recruiting office in Arkansas...nobody even remembers them anymore. We are supposed to just accept this and say it is all okay.

As you said, and letting more in is going to make things better...

Like others have pointed out, and as it has been written about in the media, the arab countries don't even want these people. And then they are moving into European/western lands and everything is going to be hunky-dory.
I'm 100% for helping others. In this situation though, I am not interested. They are not your friends. THey are not going to change. They are going to continue their way of life that they learned in the hell-holes of the middle east.
Long before this started, from what I read, muslim make no bones about it they are trying to take over Great Britain.
I think there is even a year they have in mind where they will be the majority.
Why is this being celebrated?? If white people boasted about things that enhanced their standing, there would be an uproar
If I am not mistaken, mohammed is the most popular baby name in Great Britain now.

You all are funding your own suicide in supporting them.
 villabolos
Msg: 106
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/10/2015 6:39:22 AM
Geert Wilders sees it for what it is:

"Masses of young men in their twenties with beards singing Allahu Akbar across Europe. It's an invasion that threatens our prosperity, our security, our culture and identity," he said.
 HondoGal
Msg: 107
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/10/2015 7:12:45 AM
Most of these refugees are Muslims. Let the Arab countries take them in. In every single country that muslims migrate to they create chaos.

Regarding Islam, we don’t have to look back hundreds of years to learn from history. All we need do is look at what has happened in Great Britain over the past three decades.

Islam is not a religion nor is it a cult. It is a complete system.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic and military components. The 
religious component is a beard for all the other components.

Islamization occurs when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their so-called “religious rights.”
When politically correct and culturally diverse societies agree to “the reasonable” Muslim demands for their “religious rights,” they also get the other components under the table. Here’s how it works (percentages source CIA: The World Fact Book (2007).

https://maranatha777.wordpress.com/2008/03/24/excerpt-from-slavery-terrorism-and-islam/

gtomustang
Msg: 108
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/10/2015 12:15:03 PM
Send the "wogs" back to the violent culture they grew up in and understand? Gee, where did they learn it? From the dictators we supported so we could get their oil? If we wish to discuss how many of "us" they could kill, let's look at how many get their heads kicked in by the "Soccer hooligans" and neo Nazi types. Perhaps the score is tied.

the more "those people" get treated as less than human, the angrier they get at us, and the more reasons we find to...treat them as less than human. Except being the anarchists of old with a pistol and a stick of dynamite, military technology allows them to bring down airplanes.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/10/2015 12:38:59 PM
Gto
"Send the "wogs" back to the violent culture they grew up in and understand? Gee, where did they learn it? From the dictators we supported so we could get their oil? If we wish to discuss how many of "us" they could kill, let's look at how many get their heads kicked in by the "Soccer hooligans" and neo Nazi types. Perhaps the score is tied."

What a ridiculous comparison. What has that got to do with countless thousands of undocumented illegal immigrants flood into europe. I believe it was 30,000 into germany over the weekend.

You are aware of the social problems we have in europe? Vast amounts of immigrants who have no wish to integrate with the nation they reside in. Multi racial MAY have worked but multi culturalism is a failure on a massive scale. Just ask the women of sweden and the young lassies in northern english towns. Raped and abused and the victims of a political cover up and political police who do or did not want to upset a 'minority'

Maybe you should read up on some of our social problems before coming out with a glib statement about football lads.

You think there are no crimes commited against europeans?

There was a citizen of munich interviewed on sky news. He blamed america. Why? For trying to bring this myth of democracy to people who neither wanted it or believed in this mythical concept.

You are aware that all immigrants whether genuine asylum seekers or economic migrants are now all lumped together? Glad to see you dont mind europe bearing the brunt. Guess that is why the populist/nationalist parties who will play a major political part soon look to moscow rather than washington.
 cotter
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/10/2015 1:41:28 PM
Message 125 ...
Islam is not a religion nor is it a cult. It is a complete system.
Not sure what that means but I have not observed anything much different than "X-tians" and how they interact with one another ... they stick together just like any other group that has similar beliefs:
*** they help each other find jobs
*** they have fund raisers for each other
*** they have potlucks while celebrating religious dates
*** they have prayer meetings
*** they have bible study
*** they form their own schools (even though a lot of them can't even be accredited to the level of our public schools)
*** they form businesses that cater to only "X-tians" (especially when they feel they can just turn others away if they don't like their color or looks or political stance)

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic and military components.
So "X-tians" don't?
*** "X-tians" don't have any "religious" components? I was thinking the fact that they are "X-tian" is already a "religious" component.
*** "X-tians" don't have any "legal" and "political" components? What about all those "X-tian" judges that keep enforcing all the "X-tian" legislation that majority "X-tian" legislatures keep passing ... in order to stomp all over non-believers.
*** "X-tians" don't have any "economic" components? What about "In God We Trust" all over our money?
*** "X-tians" don't have any "military" components? They force our military to pray and even send bibles to predominantly Muslim countries for our soldiers to distribute (even though it's illegal). My daughter is in the military and she is required to attend church on a regular basis. (She's not religious but she has told me she has to fake it for fear of what will happen to her if she doesn't.)
 scareymush
Msg: 111
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/10/2015 3:46:39 PM
Hiya msg 116

[....] Admittedly the Irish reputation for how they treat women I do not agree with. I would question rape of the wife, I consider the lack of birth control oppressive for women.[,,,,,]

I have to disagree with the above sentence from your post, I'm not sure if you are aware but it is 2015 now and a lot has changed in Ireland, one thing being that we are no longer a church run state and I doubt very much that the women of Ireland were being raped nightly by their menfolk anyway - that sort of controlling behaviour is only enacted by control freaks ....I don't think Irish men in general believed that their conjugal rights were that sacrosanct - they would have got a kick up the bum for having the cheek to be so unreasonably demanding anyway.

Carry on....

Re the refugee crisis, of the course the problem was caused by the U.S. government with the aid of the British government but we are all responsible for doing our best to help those poor people who are now running to safety.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 3:57:25 AM
Good to see shermanland doing its bit to alleviate the migrant crisis currently engulfing europe. Yep the 'leader of the free world' will accept a whopping 10,000 refugees. Way to go shermans.

"President Obama has directed his administration to accept at least 10,000 more Syrian refugees starting on Oct. 1, White House press secretary Josh Earnest said today.

“The president has directed his team to consider how we can further scale up our response and one thing that the United States can do is to begin to admit more Syrian refugees into the United States,” Earnest told reporters. “The president has directed his team to scale up that number next year and he's informed his team that he would like them to accept, at least make preparations to accept at least 10,000 Syrian refugees in the next fiscal year.”
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obama-asks-administration-accept-10000-syrian-refugees-2016/story?id=33664689

Meanwhile outside of the bunker the real crisis continues. Folk being allowed free access to my homeland and europe in general. Of course germany is bossing all around. Again. But former soviet countries are not happy bunnys. And press reports (yes i know they can be manipulated) are saying that german folk are getting a bit pissed off at being the dumping ground. The german tax payer footing the bill for the invasion.

Now folk can waffle about compassion all they want. Pity they have no compassion for the poor and homeless europeans in said nations.

Now one solution i seen made and i could accept this one is take in refugee families until it is safe to return them to their homeland. But single males or females should be returned to turkey as i believe they are economic migrants.

But anyway.

"Rushing to cross the border before harsh new anti-refugee laws and the completion next month of a four-metre high razorwire fence, 3,221 people entered Hungary over land from Serbia in just 24 hours, police said – the highest number yet.

After 3,700 crossed its border overnight, Austria was forced to suspend cross-border train services, saying it could no longer handle the “massive” volume of passengers. “It would be irresponsible to simply let people keep streaming in and spend the night at train stations,” a spokesman for the state railway said.

In Serbia, state television said a record 5,000 people had arrived at the frontier, while further south, on Macedonia’s border with Greece, 50 buses transporting about 2,500 refugees and three trains carrying more than 3,000 people were seen leaving from the town of Gevgelija.

Many stumbled into potholes and lost their shoes; desperate parents held small children above their heads so Macedonian police would let them through. Border guards used batons and riot shields in an effort to slow the refugees, many of whom had come from the Greek island of Lesbos, where authorities have finally registered about 17,000 arrivals over the past few days, clearing a huge backlog and allowing them to continue their journey northwards.

The United Nations refugee agency, UNHCR, has said it expects at least 42,000 refugees to arrive in Hungary by next week, mostly from Syria, Afghanistan and Pakistan and heading for Austria and ultimately Germany and Sweden.

In Denmark, where the government took out adverts in Lebanese newspapers to discourage migrants because 3,200 people have arrived since Sunday, a major ferry route stayed closed but some train services resumed after being suspended on Wednesday.

The Danish police chief, Jens Henrik Højbjerg, said refugees who did not want to claim asylum in the country were being allowed to travel freely on towards Sweden – a move described as “unfortunate” by the Stockholm government, which expects to receive about 80,000 refugees this year. Finland’s government on Thursday proposed increasing taxes on high earners to help pay for a 10-fold increase in refugees expected to arrive this year.

The political wrangling, meanwhile, continued in European capitals over how to tackle the crisis. The European parliament backed the plan of European commission president Jean-Claude Juncker to divide 160,000 refugees currently in Hungary, Greece and Italy across the other member states.

But Germany, which has already welcomed 450,000 refugees this year and wants compulsory long-term EU quotas with no limits on numbers, warned the plan was a “drop in the ocean”.

Juncker’s proposals were “a first step, if one wants to be polite”, said the deputy chancellor, Sigmar Gabriel. Many of Germany’s eastern neighbours, though, are fiercely opposed to binding quotas. Romania’s president, Klaus Iohannis, said on Thursday there was “no way” his country would accept the 6,351 people it is being asked to welcome.
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/10/refugees-heading-west-north-convulse-europe

Update
Just watching the turkish gunboats* threatening migrants on boats.

Update 2
People smugglers are now advertising on facebook with a sliding scale of costs. The smugglers handbook states no more than 9 bairns per boat.
(This is on sky news I'll post the link later)

*sorry should be coastguard

Live shots fired into the air.
 Orione7
Msg: 113
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 4:37:03 AM
Poms are wogs, when you at their DNA and history.
Romans, Vikings, Normans, Yank soldiers, Blacks, Curries, Now Muzzies.

Even their royals aren't pure anglo saxon.

Wog power.
 deetristate
Msg: 114
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 5:16:02 AM
Don't get angry with them. Europeans are allowing it. Encouraging it, actually. Again,they could stop it anytime that they want. Europeans and the Powers that be in the USA choose not to do so.

This guy suggests that it is too late anyway.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/grim-warming-dangers-sharia-man-sees-coming-america/
 cotter
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 8:58:11 AM
Message 135 ...
Europeans are allowing it. Encouraging it, actually.
How?

Again,they could stop it anytime that they want.
How?

Europeans and the Powers that be in the USA choose not to do so.
I'm not sure how you reach the conclusions you write but if you break something, you generally end up owning it ... in some way.

We need to send the bill for this to the tycoons who made (still make) millions and billions on the illegal wars they started. What do you think? Would you be up for that, Dee?

http://www.westernjournalism.com/grim-warming-dangers ............

Scary: Radical Islam Is Completely Taking Over Europe. See Why America Could Be Next

Seriously ... fear mongering now? That's what Dick "the torturer" is so good at. For that matter, the whole "Dumbya/Gumpya" administration.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 9:27:41 AM
Well the Syrian refugee situation is bound to grow now that Putin has send troops on the ground (and so has Iran).
 villabolos
Msg: 117
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 2:35:00 PM
Yes, the Russians are in Syria.
As far as I know, Russia and Syria/ Putin and Assad have always had a good relationship.
I agree this is going to get worse before it gets better. I do believe though if anybody can straighten this mess out with isis, it will be Russia. They are not looking for permission from the "international community" nor does Putin care what any other country thinks.
No doubt there will also be favors in it for Russia in the long run.

Putin is building alliances all across the world.
Putin is also a very strong nationalist. I very much agree with Vlad.
The nationalist leaders in Europe will start looking East instead of west in the future.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 4:10:31 PM
^^^Your right.His plan is multi fold.

1. Prevent USA from getting into Central Asia which USA needs to maintain Hegemony. To do that he has to limit access to Caspian sea. By keeping Iran on his side he does that.

The other route to Azerbaijan has been corrupted due to his conquests in Georgia and Eastern Ukraine.

2.In addition it is payback for interfering in his backyard. He has just shown(as he has in the past? that he can thwart US goals with making changes to the chessboard.

In the end Syria was suppose to be an accomplishment for Obama, as well as Start treaties. Putin is fracking those up so Obama will look really bad in the end.

3. I believe Putin plans to show off some NEW weaponry, kind of like the US did in the 1st gulf war.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 119
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 4:16:47 PM
Russia has a military base and seaport there that goes back to the Soviet days. They've always been Syria's biggest ally. It's got nothing to do with all that other stuff; if the regime there falls, Russia will lose that base.

It's exactly the same reason the US propped up Marcos in the Philippines.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 4:41:58 PM

Russia has a military base and seaport there that goes back to the Soviet days. They've always been Syria's biggest ally. It's got nothing to do with all that other stuff; if the regime there falls, Russia will lose that base.

What you should have said is that "you don't think all those other reasons are the reason"..don't talk absolutely, especially with info you aren't privy to.

They don't care much about that base. It is barely used and the manpower there is about 1 squad at all times. Yes we have a long term relationship with Syria but something you should know....We don't do things solely to help allies. LONG HISTORY of letting allies fall.

Again my LIST (non all inclusive) is the main geopolitical reasons Russia is getting involved at this time. That base has very little to do with it, especially since they would still get to keep it no matter who takes over since they have a lease on it and after what happened in Crimea (where they had a lease for the next 25+ years) NO sane new struggling gov't would dare to break an agreement with Putin.

They forced Kyrgyzstan gov't to kick out the US air base last year. It is all part of chess game.Putin's own address to the Russian people has clearly said that Russia is drawing a RED LINE now. That means NO MORE sitting around as the west tries to move the pieces.

HINT: Western media, especially Canadian (rolls eyes) isn't the best source to learn Russian geopolitics. All you will learn is the Canadian/American so called experts( usually they aren't) try to explain behavior that they can't comprehend.

I dont understand what the troops on the ground from Russia and Iran are going to do? Who will they be killing? Us or ISIS?

ISIS and most likely the rebels/terrorists that US and Saudi coalition has been supporting.
 Maleman999
Msg: 121
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 5:20:41 PM
It all sounds like the game of "Who is the terrorist of the week?" this week. Next week, the bad guys might be the good guys, and the good guys will get the honor of getting the new terrorist group label. It all boils down to the personal agendas that the super power leaders are secretly trying to get, and who they have to kill to achieve those agendas doesn't really matter. As long as they say "We are killing terrorists", everybody claps and cheers.
 SheldonCooper02
Msg: 122
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 5:53:40 PM
@sunnydaysss
I picked this lines from one of your post made long ago.

True ~ also we were worried about terrorism here after seeing what happen in US
And 7/7 happened and all those fears came to light
We have things that are not even printed in national newspapers in regards to Terrorism

If you knew how the terrorists were "created", you'd have said, "I don't want to live on this PLANET,
I don't want to live on the same planet with this type of deviant sociopath animals who disguised
themselves as humans".

Next time you hear about a terror attack, ask yourself a question, "who benefit from this attack", no
matter what media tell you. In almost all cases you will find, instead of advancing terrorist's causes,
the attack severely hurt their goals or their intentions. Terrorists will make Forest Gump
an Einstein.

Then several months later when we all are asleep, in the lazy night hours when no one pays any attention,
your parliament or our senate will pass a simple uneventful bill taking away a little bit
of freedom of citizens.

Also note that this days even a 'dog' can create a website and name it Al-Quida or ISIS or
ISIL whatever they mean and make claim they carried out certain terror attack.

See the youtube how government made videos are broadcast by all alphabet TV channels as NEWS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVLDblwiW3s

@Vlad
I finally figured out why Sweden is in such do-do, why Washington has targeted Sweden.
Sweden is NOT a member of NATO (yet). Norway and Denmark are. Now you see how every piece falls
in places when it comes to Washington's wrath?
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 6:32:52 PM

Russia? I dont know, the only thing I know about Russia is that they are good at the cold war thing but I dont even understand how that would help in this situation.

Why not? they have the weapons, armor, aircraft and special forces. Their equipment is hardy in extreme weather. The US/NATO forces were buying helicopters from them to give the Afghanistan gov't for years. They train in desert environments, a few ex USSR countries are desert where they have bases or security agreements with.

They are sending in special forces now and logistic officers to scout out and probably build bases and airfields. They also will probably set up S 300 or s 400 systems to control the airspace giving them air supremacy.

No offense but you know you said Obama will be made to look bad? Well Im kind of thinking he is bringing that on himself. I cant see how he is helping with the refugee problem and might be adding to it by supporting terrorists?

Putin wrote an editorial to the NYT yrs ago warning what would happen in Syria. He was right. Then he talked Obama (who listens to Kerry and some Neocons) to destroy the chemical weapons instead of military intervention. The world applauded him for it. That was a good thing for the US, but not for the war hawks in Washington.

Some say the US sponsored coup in Ukraine was revenge for making him look bad about Syria and as a way to keep Putin busy in Ukraine so USA can take a more active role in Syria without Russian influence.

Putin already having divided Ukraine to a standstill now is going to do more in Syria, and probably anywhere where they have interests. They are tired of standing around. In geopolitics chessboard sitting around isn't always the best thing(Libya showed them that).
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 124
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 6:38:57 PM
There seems to be a misapprehension here in this thread.

The vast majority of refugees aren't fleeing ISIS, they're fleeing Assad. Even the little boy in the picture that shocked the world was fleeing Assad with his family. The regime is using poison gas on civilian populations among other atrocities.

ISIS is very, very bad. Assad is worse.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Europe's Refugee Crisis
Posted: 9/11/2015 6:45:22 PM
Actually, it was never proven Assad used the gas(although he might have). Believe it or not but the rebels threatened to use gas before the incident. Believe the gov't used gas vs the rebels who threatened to use gas.... I will leave that to God to figure out.

No one knows but there was no proof.

The refugees are leaving because they are caught in the middle of a violent civil war. They are in the crossfire. ISIS is much worst than Assad.lol
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Europe's Refugee Crisis