Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Violence and Women      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rennips1949
Msg: 76
Violence and WomenPage 4 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

I have had on two occasions guns fired at me.

I'm amazed it was only 2 occasions.

I do not mean to make light of any kind of interpersonal violence. But I just couldn't pass up this particular opportunity.
Vmin, seriously, I think you need help.You seem to have a distorted perception of happiness. I think you have a horrifyingly strong hate of women, if you can't get a date maybe that is the reason. You may indeed have been grievously wronged, but what's done is done,with all possible respect, you need to get over it.
 BlackLady1953
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/5/2015 8:38:06 PM
Yes...violence is out there....and women of color are proportionally more at risk......
 vatives
Msg: 78
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/6/2015 11:59:02 AM
^^^ men and women of color are proportionally more at risk. Much of the reason is that violence seems to be a more ingrained part of the Black Culture . . . in the inner cities anyway, where men feel the need to be dominant, and where violence is taught as the way to achieve results.
 darkmoonrising02
Msg: 79
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 10:26:34 AM
There are some nasty men and women who do some really nasty things to the people there supposedly love. I can't base my opinion on a gender based on a handful of sad and pathetic stories. For every bad man story is a bad woman story. The "bad" needs to stop as it hurts all around them including their children and extended families.

As for the comment regarding MRA, I find the MRA and MGTOW men are no different than the radical feminists. Both have an agenda and both were founded on real issues and both have gone off in a direction that is not healthy for anyone.

The thing about abuse, some are quiet about it, some talk a little about it and some have seen far too much to stay quiet. Many discard the message because of the delivery, too bad as it says more about that person than it does about the messenger.
 darkmoonrising02
Msg: 80
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 10:56:52 AM
Well, some people figure monsters live under their beds too. And bad men and women can do nasty things without ever joining a group or reading a manifesto. And I'm betting on humanity and not a ramble from a bitter person with blinders on...either gender.

as an aside, I check a few of their websites awhile ago and there is nothing in there about rising up and assaulting the women folk. A handful of azzhole a does not make a "movement".
 vatives
Msg: 81
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 11:25:11 AM
Piano, irrational posting like yours above will not result in your being terminated. Your type of posts are encouraged on here. It is rationality and facts that are frowned upon here, especially when they conflict with the opinions of the "fem bots". So I will not last long. Of course, I have lasted far longer than I expected, but only because your leader, Motown and her leader Moderate, are not here.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 82
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 11:34:37 AM
Please write clearly and spell out acronyms. Once again I had to look up acronyms. Translation:

MGTOW means "men going their own way."

MRA means "men's right activist."

"Hypergamy" definition by Urban Dictionary (the most popular definition):

"Evolutionary Psychology theory on the instinctual desire of humans of the female sex to discard a current mate when the opportunity arises to latch onto a subsequent mate of higher status due to the hindbrain impetus to find a male with the best ability to provide for her OWN offspring (already spawned or yet-to-be spawned) regardless of investments and commitments made to a current mate.

"As societal impediments (both economic and cultural) to the recession of binding monogamous relationships deteriorate, the validity of this theory is being rediscovered to the chagrin of men in the trenches and to the delight of the new social engineers up in the towers."
 vatives
Msg: 83
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 11:48:52 AM
Thank you for the translation Literate. So according to Piano, a

mra ass hole

did something bad . . not a "ass hole" but an "mra ass hole". Men are not allowed to be "men's right activists" according to Piano, and I suppose others, and if they are, they are "ass holes". But its okay to be female right activist.

I can't help but being amused by Piano and the other men haters. Hypocrisy knows no limits on these boards, which is what makes them so enjoyable. :-)

Darkmoon, you better be careful about posting such unpopular opinions. According to the Blonde Devil, POF might do who knows what with your IP address . . .and then you are really in trouble. ROFLMAO.

Motown . . . where are you. I can't help posting here. Delete me so I can get back to work. I need at least one week vacation from here if you could help me out . . . . much appreciated. :-)
 vatives
Msg: 84
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 11:59:09 AM
Men have no problem marrying "down". I dated many women with my level of education and career aspirations. Believe me, it is a much more simple life not being married to a person like myself.

Very few women though will want to marry "down", although I have known several female JDs marry down to the BA and BS level. So noble of them.
 Literate_Hiker
Msg: 85
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 12:14:44 PM
Pianopetal,

Because I don't use these acronyms, it's hard to remember them. It's like learning a new language. Use it or lose it.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 86
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 12:19:30 PM
^ I can't understand a dam thing people are saying on here half the time, and the acronyms are only part of it.
 vatives
Msg: 87
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 12:54:47 PM
^^^^ That's because not a small number of people on here are absolutely and certifiably crazy. Don't worry. Many normal people won't get it.
 PassionateSunnyGal
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 12:59:18 PM

^ I can't understand a dam thing people are saying on here half the time, and the acronyms are only part of it.

Dang glad it is not just me--I felt a my mind dumbing down on this page of this thread...btw I support MRA--cause I know when I was going thru a divorce the attorney I saw plan was to set the child support so high my ex couldn't pay it and then he would end up in jail and that way the "lousy drunk" (as she called him) would be out of our lives and I would be free to see anyone I wanted without him lingering around...

Now if you think about this--if a man is presented with this --he is going to get an attorney and he is going to fight and all the money you could be spending on your children is going to be giving to attorneys ...they get richer and my kids suffer...

The other thing I thought was --why how stupid..how would my kids feel if their father was in jail cause he COULDN"T pay child support? How would it effect them to realize this later on? So while our lives might have been better raking him over the coals, I didn't cause I realized that no matter what he had done he was still their father and they were better off with him in their live than out --especially if he was in jail--cause exactly how much support was he going to be able to give to them then? None!

I never understood why women would do this stuff ....I can understand that it's not the most pleasant thing to see someone all the time that you want to move your life away from but in the end we worked things out...when we lived in separate towns we both shared the driving so the kids could see him and spend time with him...

Shouldn't it be more about the kids and less about the parents? Funny thing he quit drinking when he had to be responsible.
 vatives
Msg: 89
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:02:20 PM
^^^ Judges are not stupid. They will typically set child support payments, or modify as necessary dependent on the ability of the man or woman to pay. The men who go to jail are not typically those who can't pay, but those who can and won't pay.
 Walts
Msg: 90
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:03:43 PM
I know this is not a 'Over 45' issue specifically, but I think the Over 45 crowd may bring insight about the issue from a three generational viewpoint - Your parents generation, your generation, and your children's generation.

What I do know about this subject is there are variables that are involved. "Reporting" the incident is one. And actually "reporting" correctly, or usually, to their best recollection. And the definition of "violence" should come into play. The individual definition will vary accordingly. What one defines as "violent" could be another person's day to day life. So it may, or may not be "reported".

Is it prevalent? Is it happening more and more? Are women becoming more and more aware? Are they standing up more? Or are these instances staying on par with the averages of yesteryear?

I believe the amount of variables will never give anyone a "true" picture on this subject.

Never.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 91
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:22:01 PM
See, here's where I start to get lost. I probably don't understand all the connotations of this MRA business. Piano Petal: You don't mean men shouldn't have rights, right? Help me out here.

Passionate: I did understand your post. I've met women like that lawyer, sometimes working in professions where they can do a lot more damage.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 92
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:34:47 PM
I remember coming across the Men's Rights thing a long time ago.

Seems to break down in two groups: Guys who've been screwed over by a divorce, and guys who use their stories to justify their hatred of women.

I feel sorry for the first group, just like I feel sorry for anyone who has been denied justice. Unfortunately the second group seems to be driving the bus.
 vatives
Msg: 93
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:37:46 PM
^^^^^ yes how simple. Men are broken into the two groups you say. It just has to be guys who were "screwed" by a divorce or who need to "justify" their hatred of women.

You know, I have never been divorced or a half-time dad, but you are absolutely clueless about the dynamics of human relationships or why people do what they do . . . you sure have no problem coming up with half baked reasons for it all. Jesus, do I find simpletons frustrating. I need a break from these boards.
 vatives
Msg: 94
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:38:43 PM

I have never said anywhere that they should not have rights.

No you simply say they are azz holes for exercising them.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 95
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:41:43 PM
Piano: Thank-you. And I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but I would hate to be lumped together with man haters (I don't like big words) just because I believe some positive things came out of the feminist movement...

(Am I too dumb for this conversation? I acknowledge that it's entirely possible that I'm just not getting something.)
 vatives
Msg: 96
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:45:35 PM
^^^^ seriously. You don't know what you are saying now . .Mam?
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 1:57:33 PM

Seems to break down in two groups: Guys who've been screwed over by a divorce, and guys who use their stories to justify their hatred of women.

Well, I wasn't going to bother entering the fray since this doesn't seem to be the proper thread, but the MRM is a bit more than what you've mentioned. Of course, there are haters in who call themselves MRA's just as there are haters who call themselves feminists. Haters are gonna hate no matter what and can't engage in any sort of productive dialogue.

From http://www.avoiceformen.com/policies/mission-statement/

It is time for a movement that truly favors humanity, not a particular sex. It is time for feminism to fulfill its promise of equality, and to quit making a mockery of it.

With those humanist ideals guiding our path, we hereby proclaim the mission of A Voice for Men as changing the dialogue on issues including but not limited to the following:

-Male Genital Mutilation, euphemistically known as “circumcision,” must end. Neither religion nor tradition will excuse the sexual mutilation of children.

-Ratify the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) precisely as it was originally written, and sign it into law. Or the equivalent in other countries if they do not yet have equal rights as a matter of law.

-Selective Service must either be abolished or include women.

-Reproductive rights, choice in parenthood for men. Consent to sex is not consent to parenthood. Upholding this idea for women while denying it to men must end. Men must be allowed to unilaterally reject parental rights and obligations during the same period of time in which a woman may legally obtain an abortion. The identified father must be served with legal notification of the intent to use his assets for the benefit of a child while an abortion is still legal or the right to use said assets by the mother is forfeit.

-Paternity testing should be mandatory on demand by any alleged father at any time. No man shall be held legally responsible for a child he did not father.

-Paternity fraud should be punishable under law under the same standards of any other form of fraud.

-Affirmative Action programs based on sex must be abolished

-Abolish the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), and retroactively audit its beneficiaries for accountability with funds used.

-Abandon the Duluth Model and all patriarchy theory-based models of domestic violence in favor of non-ideological evidence-based solutions and programs.

-End primary aggressor laws.

-End mandatory arrest laws.

-Require all state and federally funded DV programs to extend full and equal services, including shelter, without regard to sex.

-Sever family courts from Title IV-D money.

-Implement the assumption of joint legal and physical custody during divorce.

-Allegations of intimate partnership violence or violence toward children in divorce proceedings must be proven in criminal court before they may be used as reason to deny physical or legal custody.

-Dispense with child support except in special circumstances.

-End alimony except by prenuptial agreement.

-Make prenuptial agreements irrevocably binding.

-Marriage should be based solely on contract law.

-Reverse the Dear Colleague Letter, return honor courts to their intended purpose of handling academic code violations. College tribunals are not equipped to address felony criminal matters.

-End federal funding and provide penalties for universities that interfere with the rights of men to form campus groups.

-End rape shield laws.

-Establish the equal treatment of males and females by all aspects of the criminal justice system.

-Rape and other forms of sexual assault shall not be based on “penetration” or any sex-specific characteristic, but based on clearly stated lack of consent, except in the case of those who cannot express a meaningful lack of consent due to age or mental incapacity.

-Prohibit state interference in any sexual relationship between consenting adults.

-“Infanticide” shall be considered murder, the killing of a human being, regardless of the sex of the perpetrator.

vatives
Msg: 98
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 2:00:30 PM
Captain, don't get all rational on us now. We can't have that here.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 99
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 2:21:42 PM
I think some of the things the captain guy quoted already exist in Canada. This one, for sure:

Rape and other forms of sexual assault shall not be based on “penetration” or any sex-specific characteristic, but based on clearly stated lack of consent, except in the case of those who cannot express a meaningful lack of consent due to age or mental incapacity.

There is no such legal term as "rape" here - just the more inclusive "sexual assault".
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 100
Violence and Women
Posted: 9/7/2015 2:26:33 PM
I don't get how a Men's Rights manifesto can call for an end to child support. I've got to say that this is pretty f'ed up. The laws in Canada around divorce are all about putting children's interests first.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Violence and Women