Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Should Davis, the Court Clerk, Be in Jail      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 8inscrew
Msg: 101
Should Davis, the Court Clerk, Be in JailPage 5 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Ahhh I see the confusion Irish.

We see things differently.

You have trouble reading my words, I have trouble when you say things like....

It was a legal gun purchase.
It wasn't.
Which you knew.. evidenced when you quoted the law previously.
Which is why I mentioned your integrity.

She lied on the 4473. A felony. She also gave a handgun to a 20 year old. A felony.
She also knew he had mental trouble. So giving him guns was... illegal!
Far from a legal gun purchase.

To be legal.... he would have filled out his own form, while she paid.

Why argue it was legal, while knowing it wasn't?
What do YOU call that?

#78 was you invoking j law. Imo
I'm not really sure what dixiecrats had to do with a homophobic clerk...
They were segregationists. Supported jcrow and white supremacy......

hence.... the oops you did.

About you feeling person attacked by dee ....... wow.

But ok.
Your opinion is valid.
Shame on you dee.

Hope this one is easier for you to read, big guy.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 102
Should Davis, the Court Clerk, Be in Jail
Posted: 9/10/2015 3:33:53 PM

It was a legal gun purchase.
It wasn't.
Which you knew.. evidenced when you quoted the law previously.

Lanza's mother did purchase the gun. She then gifted that gun to her son. Had she have sold the gun to her son it would have been a straw purchase. This is my understanding, and if I'm wrong, then show me.

Why argue it was legal

It's illegal for anyone under 21 to buy a hand gun...but, a parent would be breaking the law to give a child a handgun? Show me.

Which is why I mentioned your integrity.

To challenge my integrity what may or may not be an inaccuracy in my understanding-shows you're predisposed towards slandering me.

I'm not really sure what dixiecrats had to do with a homophobic clerk...
They were segregationists. Supported jcrow and white supremacy......

Dixie democrats were also evangelical conservatives...that was the point of my comment...to stretch it towards racism, within the context of my comment shows how poorly your reading comprehension goes...or it's just a lame attempt to slander me...or it's a feeble attempt to shore up Dee's Jerome comment's...in any case Dee's mentioned Jerome's law in almost all her posts here...and if calling Ms. Davis a dixie democrat has any reference to blacks or the civil rights act which would invoke her made up Jerome's law then I've totally missed it...

Then calling a southerner today a republican would be the same thing...

Back on topic...4 of 5 deputy clerks say they will follow the courts instructions and keep issuing marriage licenses regardless of Ms. Davis's instructions...whatever they may be.
 cotter
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2015 3:40:28 PM
^^^^^
Back on topic...4 of 5 deputy clerks say they will follow the courts instructions and keep issuing marriage licenses regardless of Ms. Davis's instructions...whatever they may be.
Gee ... sounds like Ms. Davis may be getting company the next time she goes to jail ... one of her "deputy" clerks?
 Behind-Blue-Eyes_53
Msg: 104
Posted: 9/10/2015 4:07:05 PM

Gee ... sounds like Ms. Davis may be getting company the next time she goes to jail ... one of her "deputy" clerks?

IMO, it would depend on How Deputy Clerk #5, handled it..... If they directed the people to D/C #1-4, they might be safe...
It's one thing to not Issue, themselves, it's another thing to directly interfere with others Issuing..
 2ufo
Msg: 105
Posted: 9/10/2015 8:22:08 PM

"""""Religious Discrimination & Reasonable Accommodation
The law requires an employer or other covered entity to reasonably accommodate an employee's religious beliefs or practices, unless doing so would cause more than a minimal burden on the operations of the employer's business. This means an employer may be required to make reasonable adjustments to the work environment that will allow an employee to practice his or her religion.

The US Department of Justice defines a reasonable accommodation as "any modification or adjustment to a job or the work environment that will enable a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to participate in the application process or to perform essential job functions.

An employer does not have to accommodate an employee's religious beliefs or practices if doing so would cause undue hardship to the employer. An accommodation may cause undue hardship if it is costly, compromises workplace safety, decreases workplace efficiency, infringes on the rights of other employees, or requires other employees to do more than their share of potentially hazardous or burdensome work.

Reasonable accommodation is to assist a person in doing the job they were hired (or in Davis' case, elected) to do. It is not an excuse to not do the job. Religious accommodation does not have to be granted if it means she won't do her job (i.e. increasing the workload of other employees). Furthermore, signing or not signing a marriage license is generally not part of any religious practice that I am aware of.

I believe Deputy Clerk #5 (who is following Davis' example) is her son.

I consider her a hypocrite for taking an oath to her God to uphold the laws of the land (per the KY state oath of elected governmental officials) and then not resigning when she was unable in good conscience to do her duties.

However, this is in Kentucky where she was very likely elected for being representative of the people that voted for her, and not just their representative.
 8inscrew
Msg: 106
Posted: 9/10/2015 11:35:59 PM
Apparently i can not just "show" you......
So geit spe cific, and i will try not to swing my spic fist.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 107
Posted: 9/11/2015 3:08:27 AM

Apparently i can not just "show" you

Again I have to figure out what you're trying to say...I guess your attempting to say you cannot show me the age that a handgun may be gifted to a minor under the age of 21...so, I'll attempt to show you:

A person must be at least age 21 to obtain an eligibility certificate for a handgun.1 Connecticut prohibits any person from selling, bartering, lending, giving, delivering or otherwise transferring any handgun to a person under age 21.2 A handgun may be transferred temporarily to a person under age 21 for target shooting or use on a shooting range if under the immediate supervision of a person eligible to possess a handgun.
Conn. Gen. Stat. § 29-36f(a). [?]
Conn. Gen. Stat. § 29-34(b). [?]
Id.

I'd guess that Lanza's mom transferred temporarily her handguns to her son for the purpose of target shooting-up and until the point where he shot he and went to the Sandy Hook Elementary School. Since both are dead we really don't know what the gift/use/transfer arrangement was. But, it does point to a deficiency in gun laws.

So geit spe cific, and i will try not to swing my spic fist.

Swing all you want.

it would depend on How Deputy Clerk #5, handled it..... If they directed the people to D/C #1-4, they might be safe...
It's one thing to not Issue, themselves, it's another thing to directly interfere with others Issuing..

I believe the reasonable accommodation was that with the other 4 clerks issuing licenses there was enough coverage to meet demand within the clerks office. But, if all the other's decided to follow instructions to stop issuing licenses (that instruction hasn't been made yet) then, I believe I've read, the judge would hold the clerks in contempt as well.

We yet do not know what Ms. Davis will do-she hasn't returned to work-yet...I wonder??? If she issues instructions not to issue licenses, and no one obeys those instructions, or she tells everyone not to use the stamp with her name, will she be in contempt for directly interfering???
 funchesf
Msg: 108
Posted: 9/11/2015 6:07:40 AM

Posted By: cotter
So if we use the money, we support the belief in god and mixing it in with the legalities of running our government?

any group that practice a belief in a God is deem a Cult and can not become a religion unless or until the Government of that country or countries in which the belief is practice allows it to be deem a Religion which in turn the Religion is bound by the Laws of that Government ....

I guess this came about because the Church had this nasty little habit of torturing and murdering Heretics and stoning unruly children to Death ...

and since it is the Government that dictates what the Church or a religion can or can not practice that makes the government God and responsible for handing down Commandments and morality and minting "In God We Trust" on all the currency

this is why there no separation of church and state but a symbiont relationship between the two entities to control

"What the Church doesn't take from you in Tithes, the Government takes from you in Taxes" .....funches 3:16
 aj7125
Msg: 109
Posted: 9/11/2015 7:38:11 AM
"I'd guess that Lanza's mom transferred temporarily her handguns to her son for the purpose of target shooting-up and until the point where he shot he and went to the Sandy Hook Elementary School. Since both are dead we really don't know what the gift/use/transfer arrangement was. But, it does point to a deficiency in gun laws. "

^^^^^^ Once again, the real issue gets swept under the rug. Lanza's mom should never have allowed her son near a gun, thus putting the responsibility on her. Talking about gun laws when the mental state of this person needs to be talked about first. Typical left wing missing what really was the problem. No surprise though, their agenda is loud and clear and once again, in denial.
 cotter
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2015 9:31:43 AM
Meanwhile ... I can't wait to see if Ms. Davis (and possibly her buddy deputy clerk) goes back to jail!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 111
Posted: 9/11/2015 10:08:22 AM

Once again, the real issue gets swept under the rug. Lanza's mom should never have allowed her son near a gun, thus putting the responsibility on her.

And if you knew how to read you'd have seen where I've said Ms. Lanza is also responsible...but you don't...you're just another fvcking stupid internet troll who has no opinion of his own and just a cheerleader for those who do.

Typical left wing missing what really was the problem.

Listen ***hole, I don't see anything solution from you, you actually don't even know what the problem is, let alone have one smattering of an idea as to the solution. Ms. Lanza clearly had emotional issues too....why don't we require, like many nations with real gun control, purchasers of guns to have psychiatric clearance to own a gun...and the answer is ***holes like you and the NRA have "issues"
 funchesf
Msg: 112
Posted: 9/11/2015 12:13:48 PM

Posted By: aj7125
^^^^^^ Once again, the real issue gets swept under the rug. Lanza's mom should never have allowed her son near a gun, thus putting the responsibility on her. Talking about gun laws when the mental state of this person needs to be talked about first. Typical left wing missing what really was the problem. No surprise though, their agenda is loud and clear and once again, in denial.

sooner or later you're going to realize that you're the one that are acting like a Left Winger by trying to make it a mental health issue, the NRA once upon a time was all for making gun control a Mental Health issue but later backed away because they realized that such an argument "could and will be" used to circumvent the 2nd amendment and can be used by the courts to legally take away gun rights

in your post you blame the mother of the Sandy Hook shooter for allowing her mentally ill son to have access to guns in her home which is an indication that you also must believe that anyone that have someone in their home that have mental issues automatically forfeits their 2nd amendment rights to bear arms or in general shouldn't have guns in the home which if true sort of now makes you a card carrying Liberal

one of the slippy slopes will be what "would constitute as being a mental issue" and that definition could be applied to practically anything ......and that is how by making gun control a mental issue the courts can take away 2nd amendment rights

when one thinks about it ...even someone in Love could be defined as having mental issues or insanity ..and remember you can't allow insane people to have guns

Posted By: cotter
Meanwhile ... I can't wait to see if Ms. Davis (and possibly her buddy deputy clerk) goes back to jail!

or if they choose the option not to issue marriage licenses to anyone, with the belief that in doing so would no longer make it a matter of discrimination but a matter of impeachment

place your bets people..... place your bets
 gtomustang
Msg: 113
Hey, let's treat her like a liberal not doing their job
Posted: 9/11/2015 12:26:26 PM
Its been a while since I read the Ct state's report on the shooting, but Ms. Lanza was told, warned, etc that her son who wrote a story for school about a grandma and a child carrying weapons to shoot people, apparently had some issues and could really use some counseling. She said, um, no, and moved her child around to avoid this. As a black lady in a nearby city pointed out, "if I tried to pull that, do you think the school or authorities would allow it?" Needless to say, Ms. Lanza wasn't a poor woman in a poor community. A separate set of laws for the wealthy ain't just a liberal thang,

As for making a list of people too mentally ill to own a gun....both liberals and conservatives don't want to go down this path. Is hating the President for the color of his skin, preaching the overthrow of the government, certain tactics at abortion clinics, etc, a sign of mental illness? Who gets to define it? Who gets to amend the list 100 years from now, as medical knowledge changes? How does one get off the list if they get "Better"?
 aj7125
Msg: 114
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:05:25 PM
Msg 119, you post very angrily, says a lot. Just like another poster who I don't see any longer. Probably best to not post if being angry is the end result. Not healthy for one thing. Msg 120, once again, you also miss out on what is really going on. You seem very anti establishment every time you post. It is one thing to have reasonable issues against and about establishment, but to always be against, that speaks volumes.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 115
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:22:22 PM

Msg 119, you post very angrily, says a lot. Just like another poster who I don't see any longer. Probably best to not post if being angry is the end result. Not healthy for one thing. Msg 120, once again, you also miss out on what is really going on. You seem very anti establishment every time you post. It is one thing to have reasonable issues against and about establishment, but to always be against, that speaks volumes.

And you've looked for a very long time like an uneducated nincompoop cheerleader poster who wouldn't know how to post on topic even if you had an idea of your own and actually knew how to express it. Go fvck yourself...

I forgot, the one time you did express your own ideas it was to put down the daughter of a poster who had recently died in a post reply to her comment...wadda slimball
 trinity818
Msg: 116
Hey, let's treat her like a crack-pot conservative not doing their job
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:26:55 PM
Irish, you sound like you've hit that "fvck it...I don't care if I get deleted" wall.

I was thinking the poster who put down Bob's daughter was that "Green" idiot from California.
 aj7125
Msg: 117
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:30:54 PM
^^^^^^Once again, calm down, breathe. And please give us the "supposed" post to your last paragraph. You can't because nothing of the sort was posted by me. You are a liar, now take a deep breath and breathe. I swear you are sounding like another poster.

^^^^^^^^ Trinity, thank you for clarifying who said what. I know that was brought up in the past about a poster and I don't know who it was but definitely it wasn't me.
 MissScawlett
Msg: 118
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:35:01 PM
That self-righteous busy-body had no business trying to force her personal beliefs on the public. And she went directly against a Supreme Court ruling.

She wasn't doing the job she was hired to do, so I think she should have been fired.

Now I hear she's comparing herself to Rosa Parks. Gimme a break.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 119
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:39:01 PM

Irish, you sound like you've hit that "fvck it...I don't care if I get deleted" wall.

He's just some little cvnt, without an honest thought in the world, who hasn't the ability to express it even if he did, attempts to put me down...

I was thinking the poster who put down Bob's daughter was that "Green" idiot from California.

He was in there cheering on Green...he's nothing but shoeshyte
 trinity818
Msg: 120
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:47:36 PM

Now I hear she's comparing herself to Rosa Parks. Gimme a break.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/09/10/kim-davis-no-rosa-parks-critics-say/72016182/

Wow. That's just completely delusional. Some of these conservatives are positively scary. They truly believe it's perfectly fine and in fact, their right to sit in judgment of anyone who's views differ from their own.

And she went directly against a Supreme Court ruling

And that part says it all. Whether they like it or not, it's the law. (Reminds me a bit of their views and reactions to Roe v Wade.)
 aj7125
Msg: 121
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:54:07 PM
"He was in there cheering on Green...he's nothing but shoeshyte"

^^^^^^ Now that you know you lied, you now lie again. Covering up one lie with another lie. Agree to disagree, but please quit your lying. Thank you.
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 122
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:55:32 PM

He's just some little cvnt, without an honest thought in the world, who hasn't the ability to express it even if he did, attempts to put me down...

Well... you know... being the passive-aggressive twit... is all some can manage...

Probably was the high school "mean girl"... and misses it... That certainly would explain why... the obnoxious moron who is the subject of the thread... draws the support of such twits...
 funchesf
Msg: 123
Posted: 9/11/2015 3:33:05 PM

Posted By: gtomustang
As for making a list of people too mentally ill to own a gun....both liberals and conservatives don't want to go down this path. Is hating the President for the color of his skin, preaching the overthrow of the government, certain tactics at abortion clinics, etc, a sign of mental illness? Who gets to define it? Who gets to amend the list 100 years from now, as medical knowledge changes? How does one get off the list if they get "Better"?

that's why it's a slippery slope as to what would constitute as having mental issues pertaining to the right to bear arms, and the courts probably start holding homeowners psychiatrists, therapists. apartment building owners, family and friends criminally and/or financially responsible for those they knew had mental issues and access to a gun

when a person with violent tendencies or metal issues has to stand before a judge, part of their ruling could be that the person is not allowed to reside or enter any dwelling they know contain weapons and that they must pass this information to any and/or all residents of the dwelling

Posted By: aj7125
once again, you also miss out on what is really going on. You seem very anti establishment every time you post.

if the NRA is now backing away about Gun control being a mental health issue, and in your post you are for it being a mental health issue, then wouldn't that make you the anti-establishment liberal?

if you read my post fully you will notice that I wasn't taking any side but simply providing a legal argument how gun control being a mental health issue can be used to take away gun rights ....so there is no need for you to be so paranoid, not everyone is out to get you ...er..maybe
 _mungojoe_
Msg: 124
Posted: 9/11/2015 8:17:44 PM
And the beat goes on...

Kim Davis files appeal to continue denying same-sex marriage licences

A Kentucky county clerk who was recently jailed for denying same-sex couples marriage licences filed an appeal Friday that would allow her to continue blocking the licences.

Davis argues that all the same-sex couples who sued her for a licence received one from her deputies while she was in jail, so her office should not be required to issue them to any more couples once she returns to work.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/kim-davis-files-appeal-to-continue-denying-same-sex-marriage-licences-1.3225550

Man... what part of "No"... doesn't this lunatic get...?

What a maroon

B. Bunny
 8inscrew
Msg: 125
Posted: 9/12/2015 12:07:58 AM
Hey joe you a right!

I didn't mean to say spic fist.

Iwas trying to mention we should go to breakfest,

Eat some all Americans.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Should Davis, the Court Clerk, Be in Jail