Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 60-ish men with toddlers ...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sassypinupgirl
Msg: 174
60-ish men with toddlers ...Page 8 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
My ex is one of those guys. He's 57 with a 2-year-old and wonders why he can't get a date. The child's mother is 22 and divorced him almost immediately after giving birth. He's an idiot.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 175
60-ish men with toddlers ...
Posted: 11/18/2015 2:51:45 PM

A 60-ish guy is raising toddlers means he is a devoted parent, and will certainly be a devoted partner.

Then why isn’t he being a “devoted partner” to the toddler’s mother?

60-ish dads have the fortitude to raise a child even when its acceptable for him to give up for adoption.

What? It’s not “acceptable.” And….the mother just might have something to say about the old man putting her child up for adoption.

A sperm count doesn’t = fortitude.

I would have no qualms dating a lady in her 60s raising toddlers.

Um. Yeah.
 butterflie_1207
Msg: 176
Posted: 11/22/2015 12:35:14 PM
I'm 47 and I wouldn't date a guy with toddlers. Perhaps that makes me selfish, but my kids are mostly grown and independent (all over 18). I enjoy the freedom to come and go as I please without having to worry about babysitters and curfews and such.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 177
Posted: 11/24/2015 4:35:46 AM
Ok...I'll tell my little story.

I was married at age 43 to a 31 yo woman. We had a child when I was 45. We adopted another child when I was 46. She got ALS and died at age 38. So, now I'm 59 (very soon) and am the proud happy father to 14 and 15 yo daughters. Apparently, not every 50 yo man with younger kids was divorced from his trophy wife.

I coached girls fast-pitch softball for 5 years-now I'm a catcher for my pitcher daughter-we've traveled-I am a taxi with an ATM installed (can't wait for kids to get their licenses). My children have many more advantages then other children their ages.

Yep, dating in my 50's with young kids hasn't been easy, but not impossible. I've seen plenty of the "been there, done that, don't want to do it again" women (not that I was asking anyone to do it again)..these were not the women I sought.
 deetristate
Msg: 178
Posted: 11/24/2015 5:22:37 AM
who knew? nice to hear, Irish.
My kids are a bit younger (just had a weekend away ice hockey tournament) , having gotten to it (relatively)late in life. I have found that men without kids are more open to the idea than men who got rid of their kids through age or divorce. Men with kids the same age are busy busy busy.

HOWEVER, when there is a nice fit and you really, really like a person, it s amazing what you can make work.

(I actually put up with a cat for almost three years).
 JujuO12
Msg: 179
Posted: 11/24/2015 2:48:00 PM

At singles events like dances, one can observe women in their 40s and 50s swarm 60-ish men who they think may offer such benefits.

LOL LOL you are a man who is incapable of successfully using birth control at 60 and this is evident to women you are a good catch? LOVE the egos of men. AND you are not with the BABY MAMA so you are incapable of picking a woman who is a good mother and yet again this is a sign you are a good men?
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 180
Posted: 11/24/2015 7:01:37 PM
LOVE the egos of men.

----

Yup, me too. Never fails to amaze me that they think us "old, over the hills broads" are desperate to snag someone much older than us. Maybe so in the olden days, but not today for sure.
 goldenbear60
Msg: 181
Posted: 11/24/2015 7:43:28 PM
The egos of men? Some women have pretty good egos too. And in 20 years you will be bragging about bagging a 45 year old man cause you're the bomb diggity that get younger. So right now you don't want a 45 or 50 year old "old guy" but in 20 years...he will be hot stuff. We all age, you will too. In 20 years you'll just be an old broad looking for younger, just like the ones you make fun of today. So enjoy today, and remember, to the majority of 25 and 30 year olds you already are old.
 coffeetogo127
Msg: 182
Posted: 11/24/2015 8:54:10 PM
Hi Irish!! *WAVES*
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 183
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:08:41 AM
If I want coffeetogo, does that make me one more egocentric old geezer?

WAVES backatcha!!!
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 184
Posted: 11/25/2015 6:49:38 AM

The egos of men? Some women have pretty good egos too. And in 20 years you will be bragging about bagging a 45 year old man cause you're the bomb diggity that get younger. So right now you don't want a 45 or 50 year old "old guy" but in 20 years...he will be hot stuff. We all age, you will too. In 20 years you'll just be an old broad looking for younger, just like the ones you make fun of today. So enjoy today, and remember, to the majority of 25 and 30 year olds you already are old.

Not sure who this is aimed at, but speaking for myself, I also date men my age and slightly older - in fact I'm going to meet a very handsome 48 year old guy after Thanksgiving. But here, it was a guy in his 60s making fun of women who are 20 years YOUNGER than him - I don't make fun of younger men, I love them, and I will always appreciate them. I will never be like this 60 year old, making fun of younger women (or in my case men, when I'm 60). I will always appreciate them and I don't consider them desperate, unlike men like this guy who claims 40 year old women should be grateful to get attention from someone like him. That is precisely the attitude that I've encountered from much older guys online, and that is why I gladly stick to younger, same age or slightly older. BTW, I have several female friends in their 60s who have no problem DATING (yes, DATING, not fvcking) men in their 40s. So I'm pretty sure I still have that option when I get there, too.
 goldenbear60
Msg: 185
Posted: 11/25/2015 8:39:10 AM

I have several female friends in their 60s who have no problem DATING (yes, DATING, not fvcking) men in their 40s. So I'm pretty sure I still have that option when I get there, too.

The men in their 40s that are dating your women friends in their 60s will want to "fvck" them at some point. No one is going to continue paying for dinners, movies, dancing, drinks or whatever without it going somewhere. That "somewhere" is generally the bedroom. And if I'm wrong, please go on all the threads and state that "not all men that date you want sex".
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 186
Posted: 11/25/2015 8:51:07 AM
Eee gads! I just hate it when I see something that smacks of the height of hypocrisy!

I have several female friends in their 60s who have no problem DATING (yes, DATING, not fvcking) men in their 40s.

So, for you, it's ok for a 60 year old woman to date a 40 something man, as long as, to the best of your knowledge, they aren't having sex? And we'll take for granted that those 60 year old women don't have any toddler's at home, because it's pretty near biologically impossible (unless, of course, they have grandchildren their children have foisted off onto them.) But, a man, who is 60 something, that dates a 40 something woman, is an egomaniac? OK...

Yanno, my one experiment with "the younger woman" didn't work out as expected. So, I don't think I'd try that again. And I've found that I do appreciate a certain degree of logic that generally comes from a sense of worldliness and intelligence that many younger people are developing, but have not fully achieved. Not to say that some of the younger crowd don't possess these traits, or that, all of the older crowd does, but, I find, as a general rule, my observations hold true.
 Maleman999
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/25/2015 11:11:37 AM
Would it be safe to say that men in their 40's who are dating women in their 60's have mommy issues?
 JujuO12
Msg: 188
Posted: 11/25/2015 11:16:58 AM

Not sure who this is aimed at, but speaking for myself, I also date men my age and slightly older - in fact I'm going to meet a very handsome 48 year old guy after Thanksgiving. But here, it was a guy in his 60s making fun of women who are 20 years YOUNGER than him - I don't make fun of younger men, I love them, and I will always appreciate them. I will never be like this 60 year old, making fun of younger women (or in my case men, when I'm 60). I will always appreciate them and I don't consider them desperate, unlike men like this guy who claims 40 year old women should be grateful to get attention from someone like him. That is precisely the attitude that I've encountered from much older guys online, and that is why I gladly stick to younger, same age or slightly older. BTW, I have several female friends in their 60s who have no problem DATING (yes, DATING, not fvcking) men in their 40s. So I'm pretty sure I still have that option when I get there, too.

BRAVO!!!!
 JujuO12
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/25/2015 11:24:33 AM

Would it be safe to say that men in their 40's who are dating women in their 60's have mommy issues?

Is it safe for me to say that 60 year old men who date 40 year old women have daughter issues? Just saying.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 190
Posted: 11/25/2015 12:58:27 PM

BRAVO!!!!

This would be an example of the type of immature thing people say....to take an entire post to play cheerleader, well, just validates my viewpoint about younger women. (Not that older women cannot behave this way too.)

Is it safe for me to say that 60 year old men who date 40 year old women have daughter issues? Just saying.

Oh joy! The old "I'm rubber, you're glue, everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you" argument. How attractive.
 Rapunzel2016
Msg: 191
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:28:02 PM
Irish, I once knew a man in your exact position, age, etc. I told him I knew a sweet, nice gal who lived less than an hour away from him & she loved kids, happened to be a schoolteacher. They were BOTH on POF & I directed him to her ad...I even told him what meetup groups she went to so he could go check her out in a non-date way.

He said no, that the maybe 1 hour distance was TOO FAR.

A man in his position, if he really wanted a relationship, would have at least INVESTIGATED the woman. She happened to be very cute on top of it all.

So IMO, some men w/ younger children may be just as fussy, if not more so fussy then the women who refuse to date them. (or they really don't want to date/get involved)

The door swings both ways!
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 192
Posted: 11/25/2015 2:40:56 PM
Awwww...Rapunzel...a friend made a similar recommendation to me a few years ago...Once upon a time I had a g/f in the part of the state my where my friends friend lived...90 minutes on a good day... we were compatible but that relationship went down the tube due to the distance....these day's I limit myself to a 30 minute drive...yanno, I'm not getting any younger and the driving wears on these frail bones (dripping sarcasm).

It was nice of my friend to think of me and try to help me find love :)))

Anyway, I'm in a 3 year relationship, so, I guess things work out in the wash :)))
 Rapunzel2016
Msg: 193
Posted: 11/25/2015 3:03:06 PM

Anyway, I'm in a 3 year relationship, so, I guess things work out in the wash :)))

WELL CONGRATS- who knew? !!!
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 194
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:06:15 AM
The men in their 40s that are dating your women friends in their 60s will want to "fvck" them at some point. No one is going to continue paying for dinners, movies, dancing, drinks or whatever without it going somewhere. That "somewhere" is generally the bedroom. And if I'm wrong, please go on all the threads and state that "not all men that date you want sex".

===

They are dating, as in they have been in a relationship for several years, sex and all, but guess what - the guy did not "pump and dump" as some posters like to say. They are in a committed, monogamous relationship. She is retired, he is still working and makes good money. He is also very handsome, so none of that "he just couldn't get a younger woman who wanted him" BS. Some people's worlds seems to really get rocked to the core when the tables turn and women date younger for a change.
 goldenbear60
Msg: 195
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:15:45 AM
You have one couple. As I stated in another thread, I also know ONE couple where he is 60 and she is 30. And she put a "price" on it and he was willing to pay it. There is not a plethora of May/December relationships/marriages/hangouts/fvck buddies/FWB in my social circle of friends, relatives, co-workers or that I see out and about at the grocery store or in restaurants.

I think you are taking this far to seriously. I don't care who you have in your life or your bed. You seem busy, good for you. Have fun while it lasts. Like I said, one day you'll be 55 or 60 and not quite as hot as you are now. We all age.
 JujuO12
Msg: 196
Posted: 11/26/2015 9:37:35 AM

Oh joy! The old "I'm rubber, you're glue, everything you say bounces off me and sticks to you" argument. How attractive.

So does it mean you have a daughter issue or not??? I say yes..... BUT I could be wrong.

And calling me childish for agreeing sounds like someone's tinny male ego got kicked... LOL

and you know what I have to say to that. IS she was still right and you can put your big girl panties on and live with it.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 197
Posted: 11/27/2015 10:55:10 AM

So does it mean you have a daughter issue or not???

Why? Because I chose to date within my age group, or that I have two teenage daughters.

I could be wrong.

Yea, probably.

And calling me childish for agreeing

I have a long standing opinion that one word cheerleader posts smacks of immaturity. And clearly the "I'm rubber" comment was childish.

IS she was still right

If you mean it's alright for a 60 year old woman to date a 40 year old man, as long as, they're not having sex, but not ok for a 60 year old man to date a 40 year old woman....well, hey, who am I to tell you what opinions you may hold...but, I don't have to agree with you.
 Seki1949
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2015 6:23:22 PM

I actually put up with a cat for almost three years

I would like to see the cat post his version of this.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > 60-ish men with toddlers ...