Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Mail order brides, take 2      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 74
Mail order brides, take 2Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Bamagrl68.
I do agree with you with most things.
A man doesn't have a better chance to find a woman here in the US any better then to meet someone good then going out to find someone one outside of the US.
Saying that every woman outside of the US is out for a visa is same as saying that every woman in the US is out for his money.
If we go with this logic then no matter what a man does he ends up on the losing end of it. Unless of course he is only looking for some sex and that's it. Only then can he walk away without losing all he has. Thinking like this women should not be upset when men are only looking for sex.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Mail order brides, take 2
Posted: 10/23/2015 8:24:39 PM
almost as quick is the older guy who went to Thailand, married and had the girl half his age, pregnant all within three weeks. Needless to say the marriage is a failure and she is looking for a way out now that he is older, fatter and has lost his house, his job and his investment money due to bad decision making.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 76
Posted: 10/23/2015 8:46:09 PM
LAgoodguy- I don't care to write a novel with every post, nor would MOST care to read it, if I did.
People's motives for doing ANYTHING are unknown to us, that is EXACTLY why dating can be harsh.
SOME have suggested, (not saying you, just that I've seen this said) that this is a numbers game.
The thing is, what I am saying, is I don't see this as a game.
My motives are REAL.
By looking in the US, and NOT looking to find someone foreign, I am VERY aware of what MIGHT happen. Both bad AND good.
Adults are, exactly that, adults, as I have said in each and EVERY post in this thread.
If a man, or woman is ONLY looking for sex, go for it, that's on them, but it would seem to expedite the matter if they looked right next door, or at least driving distance, rather than a COUNTRY away.
The OP asked a question, from time to time, I waver, I change my mind, sometimes even apologize.
With this one, I remain stead fast.
Let's agree to do this:
If more than 5 people see this and tell a POSITIVE story about foreign marriage, and I don't mean so and so's uncle or aunt, cousin, etc, I mean THEM, THEIR story, I will reconsider.
Agreed?
 Maleman999
Msg: 77
Posted: 10/24/2015 7:01:17 AM
Is a mail order bride situation really much different than people using dating sites to contact strangers on the internet to find a spouse? I've seen lots of profiles that say "Looking for someone to marry. If you're not looking for the same, we're not a match." It would seem like the only other criteria for a match is the other person have a pulse.

I live not far from the Canada--U.S. border. I have met couples where one is spouse is Canadian and the other is American, and this is pretty common with border communities, where people from both sides are regularly crossing into each others countries-especially pre 9/11. I have never heard anyone say how terrible it is, that a Canadian would marry an American, and how Americans should stick to Americans and Canadians stick to Canadians. But if a Canadian or American guy marries someone from Asia or Eastern Europe, all of a sudden, it's regarded as an evil plot, led by Satan, to exploit women.
 platypus_man
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:36:25 PM
I don't look at the mail order bride type of site any different than any other online matchmaking business. Women are advertising themselves as best they can to find a husband, and they're specific that they want to get married, and usually, it's in search of a life in a safer or more affluent country. I actually don't find anything wrong with that, as there are many places in the world where a single woman cannot do very well for herself on her own. I have met one such couple, a man in his forties and his wife in her mid thirties, who were quite happy. He was an electrician who's wife had passed away, she was living in Thailand. They met online, he went there to meet her, intending to enjoy a vacation whether he decided he liked her or not. They hit it off, he made the decision there, and they got married. Happily ever after? Who knows. only time will tell.
 AussieNancy
Msg: 79
Posted: 10/24/2015 7:21:13 PM
Without reading the whole thread, may I ask if we are talking about "Mail Order Brides" who live in the same country or live overseas? Overseas is the general impression I suppose.

I have no idea how these Agencies work but what I DO know (Agency or not) is it's not that easy to bring a potential, lets say, Filipino wife into one's own country. (No racism intended). I'm speaking of my own experiences only.

Story # 1/
Many years ago my brother met his Thai wife here in Australia. They went to the same University. She was on a study Visa. At the end of her Uni degree she returned to Thailand. My brother proposed to her over the phone. He had to go to Thailand to marry her. Took 18 months for all the red tape to go through and finally they flew here as husband and wife.

Story # 2/
My nephew, mid 20's, met a girl through an on line dating site. NOT a mail order bride thingy. She lives in the Philippines. They clicked and eventually he flew there to meet her after chatting for a few months on Skype. She flew here to spend Christmas with him last year. They are now engaged and they plan to settle together here in Australia. It will take 3 years before she can emigrate here. She is a nurse; my nephew works part time. He needs to have full time employment and both need to satisfy other requirements. He can marry her over there but he cannot live there as he needs to satisfy the "other requirements." Will be difficult on them both but if they're truly committed they will both wait; as husband and wife in two different countries.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2015 8:35:31 PM
The only improvement to add, to a mail order bride.
Would be if she could be shipped, completely freeze dried
Kind of like a chunk of Ramen.... Which I think all of us have tried.....

Aaaahhh, Just another half baked idea and of course JMHO....
 sealady111
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/25/2015 9:46:35 PM

almost as quick is the older guy who went to Thailand, married and had the girl half his age, pregnant all within three weeks. Needless to say the marriage is a failure and she is looking for a way out now that he is older, fatter and has lost his house, his job and his investment money due to bad decision making.

^^^ She chose poorly
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/27/2015 8:47:35 PM

I have never heard anyone say how terrible it is, that a Canadian would marry an American, and how Americans should stick to Americans and Canadians stick to Canadians. But if a Canadian or American guy marries someone from Asia or Eastern Europe, all of a sudden, it's regarded as an evil plot, led by Satan, to exploit women.

Yes. That's because Americans and Canadians are considered to be in the same First World status, as opposed to those other countries being in Second World and Third World status, and therefore subject to exploitation by First Worlders.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/4/2015 4:19:02 PM
I married a Canadian and yes people do comment on it. Obviously, I married him for the free health care. *rolling eyes*

However, I just read the title of this thread again and chuckled. Mail order brides, take 2. I would have one blonde and one brunette please. lol

Le Pew
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Mail order brides, take 2