Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The lies!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 IL_Capitano
Msg: 26
view profile
History
The lies!Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

I rather like knowing that people trust me - that does it for me, big time.

I think George Orwell would have recommended creating a Ministry of Truth.... that'll fix things...

Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 27
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 7:45:31 AM

She actually has a PhD and is a university department head.

I guess she maybe subscribes to the theory that men prefer dumber chicks.

I actually know a guy who put a profile on here that said his longest relationship was fourteen years, if I recall correctly. I asked him about it, as I was pretty sure that was far from true, and he said that's how long he's been with his cat. Granted, he and his cat are very close.
 gtomustang
Msg: 28
Ford of the lies
Posted: 9/14/2015 8:04:58 AM
Not to pick, but if you're spending time to figure out they are lying....they had your attention. Apparently, the lie is a worthwhile investment. Had they told the truth, you likely would have moved along.

Hey, at least you had a booty call, or an offer for one :) Took an activitiy buddy to dinner b/c I didn't feel like eating out alone, conversation lagged, and I think I know how her cop bf handles that--he gets her drunk. not anything i'm interested in, except maybe it would end up getting me lucky. but even that's a big maybe, and its not the way I want to go about things. its a "lie" of sorts.
 JoeBnD
Msg: 29
Ford of the lies
Posted: 9/14/2015 12:00:29 PM
Everybody wants larger than life. So why the surprise when lied to???
 sealady111
Msg: 30
Ford of the lies
Posted: 9/14/2015 2:08:04 PM

Profile lies

I saw a woman’s profile on here a few months ago with her education listed as Masters Level and working in education.
I know for a fact, her profile is not correct. But what can you do?

We met about six years ago and she is one of my LinkedIN connections.
She actually has a PhD and is a university department head.

^^^ What she wrote is true.
She has a Masters and works in education.

Many women with achievements downplay them as I have often said.
They can be the 'Kiss of Death'.

My doctor often tells men she is a nurse.
She is.
She studied nursing first.
 hemingway234
Msg: 31
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 2:21:41 PM
The liers are shooting themselves in the foot....... the vast majority of women will smell them coming, and won't put up with it.....those who lie suffer the largest amount of rejection, one of man's most feared emotions. In other words, they will get what's coming to them.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 32
Ford of the lies
Posted: 9/14/2015 2:28:13 PM

Many women with achievements downplay them as I have often said.
They can be the 'Kiss of Death'.

My doctor often tells men she is a nurse.
She is.
She studied nursing first.

Or maybe they don't want to attract freeloading con artists/scammers. Which leads me to something else I can't figure out: Why do men who are worried about "gold diggers" post pictures of their assets and talk about how much money they make? And something funny: I once asked a guy what sort of woman he was hoping to attract with his hot car picture, and he said "A woman with good taste in cars". I thought that was funny.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 33
Ford of the lies
Posted: 9/14/2015 2:29:25 PM
My brother's a doctor. He used to tell people he works in a hospital. Nothing to do with gender.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 34
Ford of the lies
Posted: 9/14/2015 2:34:50 PM
I once went out with a Judge. She put in her profile simply Legal.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 35
Ford of the lies
Posted: 9/14/2015 3:09:37 PM
I once dated a very prominent political figure but he was also really really hot so he was able to put "super model" on his profile. Interesting story: We were overseas having tea with the Queen and he slipped on one of her rugs and smashed his head, causing a very serious injury. Fortunately my father (a brain surgeon) had accompanied us, and was able to perform surgery right there on the spot. A little blood got on the Queen's dress and she was NOT amused.
 sun___flower
Msg: 36
view profile
History
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 3:41:51 PM
^^^She didn't thank you?

Ouija
On profiles they lie to get what they want and they will always have some rationale for said lies. Experience has taught me it isn't worth calling out people on their crap.. the long stories of why more painful than home dentistry.

+1
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 37
Ford of the lies
Posted: 9/14/2015 4:04:34 PM
Which leads me to something else I can't figure out: Why do men who are worried about "gold diggers" post pictures of their assets and talk about how much money they make?
--------------
I don't think all men are worried about gold diggers and especially not those guys. I imagine that a lot of guys know exactly what they are trying to attract. They don't have to worry much about gold diggers if they are just interested in sex and they know just how much they are willing to spend for it. In addition, they don't have to worry about any guilt over not calling a woman who went out with them because they had money, or at least appeared to have money. It's hard to see how a guy would feel like there's a possibility of taking advantage of a woman who is dating him because of his car or his money.
 PenelopeLeChat
Msg: 38
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 4:21:18 PM
OP
Oh dear. Evidently this is a redundant subject :( Now I feel like an infidel. If I vote to delete this thread too, maybe I'll still go to heaven.

Baby! All dogs go to Heaven. I will meet you there. LMAO You really amuse me!

Men lie and so do women.... and I believe in Sasquatch.
As always....
Le Pew
 cotter
Msg: 39
view profile
History
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 5:42:16 PM
Message 7 ...
How can you tell from their profile that they are lying?
Guys who write "a few extra pounds" who are sporting a double chin ... are more than "a few extra pounds" ... or their belly is laying on the gas tank of their motor cycle ... that's more than "a few extra pounds" or the shot of them standing in front of the mirror with every button on their shirt screaming "button tester" ... that's more than "a few extra pounds".

How many of you men are aware that when you let your belly get that big we already know your arms don't grow longer and we already know that you can no longer reach your ass to wipe it and certainly cannot even reach your wanker in order to hold it so you can pee! That's not something I want to couple up with.

Here's another clue ... if you actually do get us to the point of meeting, please don't lie about your height. We really do know the difference between 5'3" and 5'10". I'm 5'3" in my sandals. I go to meet a guy who says he's 5'10" and when he stands up to meet me (we met at a restaurant), we're eye to eye ... and he's got thick-soled sneakers on!

He could have been honest with me but he wasn't ... he lied. Okay, so you're thinking what's the big deal ... does that really matter? Think about it this way ... if he's gonna lie about something that apparent, what is he lying about that I can't see right away?

I have no tolerance for liars. I don't lie on my profile and I expect the same from others. If you have to lie to get a date, that's a sorry situation!

More importantly, how can I lie here and get away with it?
Don't do it. It's not worth it and besides, do you really want the rejection you'll get? I mean apparently some men are gluttons for punishment. They complain they can't get a date and lie to get a date and then still lose the girl ... too stuuuuuupid.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 40
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 6:02:15 PM

How many of you men are aware that when you let your belly get that big we already know your arms don't grow longer and we already know that you can no longer reach your ass to wipe it and certainly cannot even reach your wanker in order to hold it so you can pee!

Hmm... Maybe some of these men have other qualities. Like, oh say, for example... compassion?
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 41
view profile
History
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 6:08:44 PM
It is true we all tell white lies all the time in order to get along in life and often to protect ourselves.
The speed limit thing is not observing the road rules, the lie is when the cop pulls you over and you state that you were not travelling at this speed or were not aware of it. loL!'

Self delusion is more dangerous. The man who says he is fit and athletic when he looks 9 months pregnant with twins, or says he is 4 inches taller than he really is. Not to mention forgetting he is married. The woman who lies about her age and weight and posts old pics thinking she has not changed. etc, etc....the internet is a hotbed for illusion, delusion and confusion. lol....
 cotter
Msg: 42
view profile
History
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 6:31:07 PM
Message 43 ...

How many of you men are aware that when you let your belly get that big we already know your arms don't grow longer and we already know that you can no longer reach your ass to wipe it and certainly cannot even reach your wanker in order to hold it so you can pee!

Hmm... Maybe some of these men have other qualities. Like, oh say, for example... compassion?
That's all well and good dear ... but if they are liars, I don't care how much "compassion" they have ... they're still LIARS.

If that doesn't bother you, then go for it.

I don't have any tolerance for LIARS.

I'm not that hard up.
 Walts
Msg: 43
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 6:46:35 PM

Why do men who are worried about "gold diggers" post pictures of their assets and talk about how much money they make?

You do know how in debt the average Canadian is? You do know how easy it is to get credit? It isn't very hard to collect a bunch of toys to showboat around. It's much harder to actually pay for them. We all know about the people that "talk" about the things they have or done in their life right???? It's call bullshiat. Or as you define it, lies.

Who buys a condo that is less than a 750 square feet for over half a million?

A phucktard.

Vancouver is filling up to the brim with em.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 44
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 7:21:51 PM

Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it. ~ George Costanza

https://youtu.be/vn_PSJsl0LQ
 tequila157
Msg: 45
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 8:31:04 PM
People lie on and off line. Liars can be found everywhere. We live in a self absorbed society.
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 9:24:34 PM

I was expressing alarm at how many people were knowingly and intentionally lying about measurable, black and white facts.

What she said.

And, I don't think that not announcing that I don't trust or respect my boss or co-workers in some ways at a job counts here.

Men, are liers. We lie all the time. We cannot say anything but lies. Lying is necessary at all times

Speak for yourself only.

I dare anyone to find a lie in my profile. Just one. (Even implied or inferred, given the approach and structure that I use.)

Come on. Get to work. A dollar for each lie found.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 47
view profile
History
The lies!
Posted: 9/14/2015 11:55:29 PM
Walts

It is the same in Sydney Australia and other major cities. Real estate prices are a scandal.
Australia has huge credit card debt. In the billions and we have about 23 million people.

The guy that has all the toys, the big house etc on the credit card, huge mortgage, and attracts the younger hotter woman he desires, feels it is all worth getting into debt for. Then the GFC comes along, he loses everything including the younger hotter woman. How empty it all is.
 Seki1949
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Ford of the lies
Posted: 9/15/2015 1:38:07 AM

I once dated a very prominent political figure but he was also really really hot so he was able to put "super model" on his profile. Interesting story: We were overseas having tea with the Queen and he slipped on one of her rugs and smashed his head, causing a very serious injury. Fortunately my father (a brain surgeon) had accompanied us, and was able to perform surgery right there on the spot. A little blood got on the Queen's dress and she was NOT amused.

Gee, that's a familiar posting style.
 overunity
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Ford of the lies
Posted: 9/15/2015 5:45:04 AM
^^^ Thankfully it was a degreased version.
 south_city
Msg: 50
The lies!
Posted: 9/15/2015 6:31:04 AM

How can you tell from their profile that they are lying?

Most of the time, you can't. It would have to be something that is obvious. Such as a person claiming to be "athletic" when (s)he is clearly obese based on their pictures. Or if a person used pictures of some celebrity.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > The lies!