Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Missing Teeth      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 2ufo
Msg: 51
Missing TeethPage 3 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Oh, hi. Truthpilot.
Welcome back.

Missing teeth. Not a deal breaker for me.

By your criteria
One thing is for sure . . . no male here is allowed to write aggressively or contentiously to a woman here . . . or he is gone. He must be effeminate in character, style and/ or appearance if he is to avoid nuking.
women shouldn't get nuked.

But they do.
 Truthpilot
Msg: 52
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/17/2015 1:03:24 PM
^^^^ Thank you 2ufo. I suspect it will be a very brief return :-)
 UnKnownNYMale
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/17/2015 2:09:34 PM

I have learned that many people with a tight lipped smile not showing teeth on their dating profile often have horrible teeth. (Sorry but you have just that type of tight lipped smile.)

I find this quite laughable. I myself don't show some big toothy smile, and I never,
ever did, no matter how far you look back. It feels very, very uncomfortable, and looks and feels very fake. Looking at profiles here, I see many big smiles that look fake and forced.

That being said I have just had my implant dentistry finished.

I saw a show on TV, a semi-reality show. An older guy, 40's-50's, who had horrible teeth, said he just came back from Mexico, where he went to have a load of his teeth replaced with implants. He said the quotes here in the US were for $30,000 - $45,000........for the same work he got done there for $8,000, using US made implants at a licensed, certified, highly recommended dentist....as a matter of fact, dentists nearer to the border say they have mainly US patients, and few actual Mexicans.
 sun___flower
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/17/2015 2:53:23 PM
Tequila
I met a guy once who had a few missing teeth. He was into boxing. It didn't bother me because he was hot. As long as they are hot I have no issue hehe.

Ha. I have a crush on the guy who changes my oil. He's missing a few teeth. With his looks it does not matter, and in fact, weirdly adds to his charm - go figure.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 55
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/17/2015 7:06:35 PM

Says the poster who went off on another poster because she didn't want to date overweight men.

Really? When (or what thread) do I do anything like that?

You went off on another poster in the AGE GAP thread after making a snarky joke about her age because you didn't like her preference not to date overweight men. Her dating preferences impact your day to day life how?

I don't care who people date or decide not to date. it just bugs me when people assume that their preferences are universal or that people must date the same kind of people (good teeth dating good teeth, fat people dating fat people, etc.).

That's interesting... I don't see where anyone stated their preferences were universal or that people must date the same kind of people. I think it's more of a case of your projecting and reading more into things than is actually there.

As for your attitude... I'm glad you're happy with it but I suggest you stop thinking you know everything and other people's motivations.

And I suggest you stop telling me what I am thinking. Until such time that you become clairvoyant and are able to get inside other people's heads and read their minds, you'd be better served to focus on your own choices/preferences and leave others to theirs.
 2ufo
Msg: 56
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/18/2015 5:12:57 AM

Says the poster who went off on another poster because she didn't want to date overweight men.

Really? When (or what thread) do I do anything like that?

You went off on another poster in the AGE GAP thread after making a snarky joke about her age because you didn't like her preference not to date overweight men. Her dating preferences impact your day to day life how?

Oh, you mean LH and the archaeologist joke. Do you see how idiotic what you are saying sounds? That I didn't like that she doesn't want to date overweight men so I make a joke about her age? I don't care who she dates and, in fact, I enjoy her stories about her dates. They make me laugh and shake my head in both sympathy and disbelief at the reality of dating life. So, I'd suggest you stop telling me what I am thinking.
LOL.

BTW, attitude is an external process - the way someone acts or speaks and is subject to observation by other people;
from Dictionary.com...
attitude - the way a person views something or tends to behave towards it, often in an evaluative way
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 57
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/18/2015 9:34:07 AM

I don't care who she dates and, in fact, I enjoy her stories about her dates. They make me laugh and shake my head in both sympathy and disbelief at the reality of dating life.

Sympathy? Oh, the irony.

BTW, attitude is an external process - the way someone acts or speaks and is subject to observation by other people;
from Dictionary.com...
attitude - the way a person views something or tends to behave towards it, often in an evaluative way

It's interesting you brought up the word, "tends", which can be used interchangeably with "in general".

In general, those who make it a priority to take care of their own teeth (and have all of them) are probably going to be less tolerant of people with missing teeth.

means about the same thing as:

Those who make it a priority to take care of their own teeth (and have all of them) tend to be less tolerant of people with missing teeth.

"Tend" does not mean "always". "In general" does not mean "always". Both allow for exceptions. If you can't comprehend what you read, your evaluation is meaningless.
 2ufo
Msg: 58
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/18/2015 11:59:27 AM

Those who make it a priority to take care of their own teeth (and have all of them) tend to be less tolerant of people with missing teeth.

This is both a 'universal judgment' on your part and not necessarily true.
While 'tend' and 'in general' does not mean 'always', they do mean 'usually'.

I have good teeth and take excellent care of them.
I am NOT less tolerant of people with missing teeth.

Many people - with perfect teeth, with excellent teeth, or simply with very good dental habits and hygiene - do not care if their date is missing a tooth or even several teeth.

You are the exception if a missing tooth is a deal breaker for you.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 59
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/18/2015 3:37:18 PM

This is both a 'universal judgment' on your part and not necessarily true.

It's not necessarily untrue, either. There are documented studies showing that couples in successful relationships tend to be similar to each other in levels of physical attractiveness---it is the exception that there would be great disparity there. A person's smile is a major factor in their facial attractiveness.

I have good teeth and take excellent care of them.
I am NOT less tolerant of people with missing teeth.

If you're going to use your own teeth as an example to try to get your point across, wouldn't it make more sense if you had pictures to substantiate your claims?

Many people - with perfect teeth, with excellent teeth, or simply with very good dental habits and hygiene - do not care if their date is missing a tooth or even several teeth.

And many more people DO CARE. That's one of the major reasons why there are so many dentists in business. If people didn't care, cosmetic dentistry wouldn't be so popular.

You are the exception if a missing tooth is a deal breaker for you.

Perhaps I am an exception in the POF forums. IRL, I have my doubts.
 2ufo
Msg: 60
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/18/2015 8:26:43 PM

If you're going to use your own teeth as an example to try to get your point across, wouldn't it make more sense if you had pictures to substantiate your claims?

My claim is tolerance for imperfection which is a bit more difficult to photograph than a mouthful of teeth.
You seem very superficial - teeth instead of attitudes, words and semantics instead of concepts and ideas, a missing molar is a deal breaker.

I haven't decided to stay here on POF - so a picture is irrelevant.

Perhaps I am an exception in the POF forums. IRL, I have my doubts.

You are no exception in the POF forums.
IRL, I have no doubts.
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 61
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 1:01:46 AM

My claim is tolerance for imperfection which is a bit more difficult to photograph than a mouthful of teeth.
You seem very superficial - teeth instead of attitudes, words and semantics instead of concepts and ideas, a missing molar is a deal breaker.

If anyone is intolerant, it's you. You've demonstrated here that you have zero tolerance for anyone whose opinion is remotely different from your own. You're very quick to judge someone as "superficial" because they have a different sense of aesthetics from yours.

The subject of this thread is "Missing Teeth". The OP was asking for different people's opinions about the subject. You gave your views on it, and I gave mine. You've conveniently forgotten that there were other posters in the thread besides me that wouldn't date someone with missing teeth.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 9:54:12 AM

There are documented studies showing that couples in successful relationships tend to be similar to each other in levels of physical attractiveness

They did studies decades ago that people end up with matches like themselves. There is a caveat though..the variables mostly had to do with body type. Facial beauty is too subjective to match out and can't be compared. In the study they basically found ectomorph were with ectomorph, etc, etc. Wrist sizes were similar.

It had nothing to do with teeth lol. So anyway do you tell your dates to open wide? I am curious how you would find the missing tooth if it is in the back like mine is. Inquiring minds would like to know the extent of your x ray vision .;)
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 63
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 10:27:29 AM

They did studies decades ago that people end up with matches like themselves. There is a caveat though..the variables mostly had to do with body type. Facial beauty is too subjective to match out and can't be compared. In the study they basically found ectomorph were with ectomorph, etc, etc. Wrist sizes were similar.

It had nothing to do with teeth lol. So anyway do you tell your dates to open wide? I am curious how you would find the missing tooth if it is in the back like mine is. Inquiring minds would like to know the extent of your x ray vision .;)

There's something called "the golden ratio" having to do with facial symmetry that some more recent studies have been based on. People tend to select mates whose facial symmetry falls somewhere close to their own within the golden ratio. You can look up "golden ratio" if you're curious.
http://www.goldennumber.net/beauty/

Those studies may not include teeth--although having missing teeth can affect the symmetry of the face. The golden ratio can also be applicable to body type, as well.

As to the original topic of missing teeth, I think it goes without saying, that the OP meant missing teeth that are visible in one's smile, which includes the first molar. The second molar is not visible in one's smile, so I don't think that counts.
 8inscrew
Msg: 64
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 10:48:35 AM
Actually.... I wonder if my diamond grill would matter?
It is pretty flawless. Smooth? Makes regular teeth feel like sand paper..
Even? It still amazes me.

Just because it is bolted in, would that make me a throwback too?
Cyborgism? That's a thing now?

Not to hammer the blonde lady with preferences. I'm seriously curious.
And let's not play holier than thou, we all have them.
There are physical things we all go "whoa" at.

btw, missing a front tooth never seemed to stop some women from harassing me.
It did effect my confidence. Smiling, even just talking was uncomfortable.

One gal I was with, we got together right after I had a canine come out.
I was so happy when it was fixed, but she didn't even notice.
Maybe she was just being kind but she is a dime, 10 years my junior.
Didn't have to... over look anything.

^^^^the golden ratio can be applied to just about anything.... comfy chair?
It was probably built with the ratio in mind.
That's why things like paper money are the size they are.
Pleasing to the subconscious of all that is good in this world.
 Walts
Msg: 65
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 11:10:42 AM

I made a general statement based on a personal observation

Very general, and more of a statement about what you believe and/or your limited "observations".
It seems your "observations" are only within the people you hang around with, or those that you are most comfortable with. It's kinda like hearing people proclaiming that they are not bias against other races, yet, they live in a place where the 99.9% of the population are white. Pretty easy to make that proclamation.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 11:13:31 AM

There's something called "the golden ratio" having to do with facial symmetry that some more recent studies have been based on. People tend to select mates whose facial symmetry falls somewhere close to their own within the golden ratio. You can look up "golden ratio" if you're curious.
http://www.goldennumber.net/beauty/

Don't need to look it up because :

1. Men having more prominent features wouldn't have the same ratio. Studies show women picking features of bigger noses, jaws and chins and masculine features . Men pick the opposite. But ironically in the Anglophere due to Hollywood and the feminization of male actors; women have been picking more feminine looking men. But this phenomenon isn't widespread. Go read about it, many articles on it. Plus I have seen the differences myself . Look at old movies and compare also.

Plus most men pick base on body more than face. Of course people MOSTLY living in homogeneous societies have less diversity and will have partners that are more similar to themselves. But that is because of geography variables NOT choice. That is why an Italian looking guy gets hounded in Scandinavian countries...HE is different! So even the link you linked doesn't actually PROVE that women prefer men with features similar to themselves. They probably don't have a choice!

2. Other studies confirm that women tended to pick faces of men that were an Average of the average, while men picked features that were more distinguished and exceptional in women. They ran a computer program that measured symmetry and found out that the so called movie "hunks" were basically of a symmetry close to average people have.

3. Globally, in non feminized societies, partners are picked based on health. Bodies are more important !

ps--The Golden Ratio I am more familiar with is the body one based on the Adonis index and I am a 1.56 last I looked ;).
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 11:57:18 AM
(the Golden Ratio type of stuff)

I figure that a lot of people operate that way, but I also think that many don't, and that this is a case of weird b.s. science trying to quantify attractiveness, and many people probably turn around and unconsciously adjust their preferences according to what this so-called science tells them is attractive. But in fact a significant number of us find attractiveness which is definitely outside of golden ration jibber jabber. I know that's true for me to some extent. I know of some cases where the woman I found attractive was asymmetrical in some respects.

Something ya'll might find humorous, but it's true - I myself have kind of a big nose...don't know if that has anything to do with it...but I seem to really like women who either have bigger noses, or at least a "prominently shaped" nose if it's not really that big...I'm kind of indifferent towards the cute-little-button-nose look. Sometimes I think that it's the nose itself, but sometimes I think that it just happens to coincidentally be a feature genetically of some types of women who I find attractive for other reasons, but has nothing to do with the nose itself.

Anyway...hehe...there's a note on nose-science.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 12:04:35 PM
Ha..but MAYBE you happen to like Mediterranean women. Many men love Italian/Greek women(and guys). So it may not be the nose itself
that you adore, just sayin.....

Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 12:22:07 PM
^ yea, it seems to be Mediterranean and middle eastern women who happen to exhibit this. That's definitely not the only category which I find attractive, I don't have an ethnicity preference, and even find those bigger or "prominent nose shapes" in other areas...but usually when it comes to the nose-attraction-thing it seems to go hand in hand with certain ethnicities, be it coincidental or primary. It even seems to show up with jewish women kind of specifically also.

on second thought - If I were to google image these ethnicities, it seems that I still require either the prominent shape or bigger size, or I just see them as normal attractive. So maybe the nose really is a major influencing factor for me. Or again, something else that just happens to also be present when the nose thing is, but I haven't identified yet, like jaw shape or cheekbones?

second post edit - Wow I just figured it out, doing some research since this is making me think about it. It's called "Aquiline nose". Had no idea there was anything about it, like here -

http://coelasquid.tumblr.com/post/98341552563/sorry-for-bugging-you-about-this-but-do-you-know

Apparently I have a thing for aquiline noses...like with Barbara Streisand.

But anyway...maybe we should get back to missing teeth as the topic...
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 1:15:30 PM
Oluben.. you WILL never when a debate with me by linking youtube.com, just sayin. Makes you sound like those off topic posters that find a video to support every ludicrous belief out there..not saying your belief is ludicrous but did you see the one with Aliens talking with Obama?

ps- I almost spelled you name wrong...AGAIN. I think it is like Pavlovs dog. When you disagree with me I will spell it wrong to correct your views! muhahahah
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 1:44:45 PM
^ If I'm much of a naysayer against the golden ratio / symmetry idea, I think that this is where I'm coming from:

It's mostly about left/right symmetry. It may definitely be valid in the ways to which it applies, but only to those extents and only in those respects. My opinion is just that it only explains a very small degree of what is found to be attractive. That you can show me two women who are very similar, and one is much more symmetrical than the other...but I may find the other much more attractive for other reasons having nothing to do with symmetry. Because the symmetry perspective only goes so far.

Many would disagree with me, and that should be expected. Because we're talking about a certain generalization cutting across all ethnicities etc in both someone's features and their perception of another's features...one should assume quite a bit of variety and difference in opinion here, yet to talk about the golden ratio idea is to claim that it's mostly universal and common. And a homogenized perception of beauty imposed by media and pop culture should be accounted for also - someone who isn't self-aware enough will begin to feel that the one is more attractive because of these quasi-sciences and popular opinions when in fact they'd naturally feel that the other is more attractive instead. People beginning more and more to judge things according to a surreal virtual reality instead of real world reality.

I'm also skeptical of the golden ratio approach because, even though it's about left/right symmetries and not the following, it still smacks of the different thinkings about things that are called "blemishes/imperfections". Some will claim that beauty requires the absence of certain imperfections or blemishes...whatever the heck is supposed to fall under this category...but many of us just find too much "blemish-free" stuff and plain-ness to be just downright ugly, and it's those "beauty marks" and so-called imperfections which make all of the difference. When I think of other things along these lines, while they may not be about left/right symmetry, they are about a different kind of symmetry and the whole philosophy of it.

Example - Jewel Kilcher, the singer. I heard someone say once that "her grill is all messed up" (And heard women say that Emma Stone "looks weird" because of her eyes) Oh hayl-nah on both counts. Well, I think her unique grill was sexy. Now, while you'd say that has nothing to do with symmetry and you'd be right, and would say that a Jewel who was symmetrical with that grill is more attractive than a Jewel who was asymmetrical with that same grill...I just don't think so. Not automatically or intrinsically. But then that's a matter of personal taste...and that's part of my point - the golden ratio is assuming a certain extent of universality of taste among most people as well as a primary influencer of it, and I don't think that can be said.

And how about Holly Marie Combs and that little notch that she has in just one of her eyebrows? Whew...that's part of why I think that she is so hot. But that's not symmetrical at all.

And so anyway...if a person thinks about this along these lines and addresses all of those things that I made come to your mind while reading this, one might re-think just how far the golden ratio idea really goes.
 8inscrew
Msg: 72
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 2:07:56 PM
O is right... nearly everything is included.
Ancient architecture.. evrrything.

Ever wonder what the little black diamonds on a tape measure are for?
Happen about every 19 1/4 inches.....
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 4:17:53 PM

BTW Joe, I did a mirror image of the right side of your face (joined the two halves of the same side together) to check your symmetry and guess what? You looked exactly like this guy:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2008/jul/16/women.folk

MUHAHAHA--It is a women! Nice try!
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 6:05:31 PM
This -

people don't like too much symmetry - because it's not normal

would seem to contradict this -

maths is in everything around us

when it's thought that the math being in everything means that symmetry has to be found manifested in a certain way. There is math here, and there, and everywhere...but it's more than simple symmetry, and the symmetry of something may exist in a different way than we may believe it has to be.

If people don't like too much symmetry, then it can't be said that the level of beauty or attractiveness we perceive or prefer in someone's face requires it to be more and more symmetrical.

In other words, there already is symmetry in our faces. An eye and ear on each side, cheekbones, teeth, two sides of the nose, etc. But expecting for each side to be an exact mirror image of each other is something else entirely, and doesn't go against any law of symmetry. That level of symmetry may be found in a different way, like how there may still be the same number of cells on each side (which isn't a good example because that's probably not the case) or each side gets the amount of blood that it needs - even if each requires a different amount of blood, that's still symmetry but just manifested in a different way. Or take the two halves of your brain - that's symmetry already. But the existence of symmetry doesn't likewise require that each half of the brain be structured exactly alike under a microscope...the symmetry here is instead expressed by the fact that each half has a part to play together.

Take the orbit of a planet around a sun. The orbit isn't shaped like a perfect circle, but instead an oval or ellipse. Now, you can cut that in half at a certain place and get the kind of symmetry that we're talking about, but this demonstrates how something manifests in a different way than we might expect without a deeper understanding of it all - forget symmetry, but imagine that we were talking about perfect circles. There was a time when folks demanded that orbits be perfect circles. The problem there was that they interpreted it as being shaped like a perfect circle instead of an ellipse. Well, it is a perfect circle...but in a different way. The math is exhibited differently than just being what we think of a circle. In this case, when you look at how fast the planet travels during any stretch of it's orbit compared with how far from the sun that it is because of the elliptical, instead of circular, shape of it's orbit...it all equals out in certain ways mathematically. The orbit isn't a circle...yet it is, depending upon what we really mean or think that we mean.

Or rather...math is everywhere, but if symmetry really were naturally everywhere also in the ways that we're talking about, then all of our faces would naturally already be perfect mirror images of each other. But they're not. So that goes against some idea that the math in everything has to expressed in just the way that might think it has to. A flower that is symmetrical has a branching stem structure that isn't. How many trees have trunks and branches which are symmetrical according to a simplistic understanding of it? All trees being symmetrical in this way would be pretty ugly and weird. That means that symmetry isn't literally everywhere in just a certain way. There may be some mathematical symmetry found in that tree's trunk and branches, or the plant with the flower...but not in the way that visually obvious due to every aspect of it's structure.

But all of this ^ mumbo jumbo is still to be talking about the wrong thing. The subject instead is what we think is most beautiful. What is attractive. In particular, what is most attractive in our fellow human beings according to how symmetrical their faces are. We're talking about some belief in a hypothesis which says that the more exactly mirror-imaged someone's face is, then the more we view them as attractive. And this idea is being supported by the fact that math is in everything and that some symmetry can always be found somewhere.

And therein is revealed the problem. It's kind of an apples/oranges argument. Or something. We are really just talking about personal tastes. If such perfect mirror-image symmetry really were the underlying factor for all of the people that all of us find the most beautiful visually, then the majority of us wouldn't visually like who and what we like. But that's just not the case. If someone happens to find the most beauty in the most visual symmetry, that's valid, because that is really a matter of taste instead of a subliminal attraction mathematically which is universal and rules everyone's mind naturally. But believing that this idea of why everyone finds something beautiful is some universal law of the universe would be a fallacy. Make sure that you're not dogmatically bowing-down to some pseudo-science idea of attractiveness in this way just because it seems to be backed-up by some mathematical facts of the world that we live in.

It is also a very concrete mathematical fact that asymmetry can be found everywhere, naturally and in our architecture...in ways that we equally find beautiful. This should be obvious. So that cancels out the "supporting evidence" of the idea that the level of attractiveness of someone's face is dictated by how symmetrical it is.

In fact, if we want to talk about underlying truths and maths and laws of nature, and beauty, asymmetry is very much just as important as symmetry. Check out this book -

Lucifer's Legacy: The Meaning of Asymmetry, by Frank Close. I read it about 10 or 15 years ago. Thought it was pretty cool.

Do an image search of the Corvette that Mark Hamill's character in the movie Corvette Summer built. Look at the hood. Notice the asymmetry there. Depending upon what you think of the car and other details aesthetically according to your tastes...do you think that hood is cool looking? Is it better or worse than a normal symmetrical hood?
 8inscrew
Msg: 75
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 6:22:30 PM
It's old math, since like, folks been actually figuring.

If you don't have a level, how do you square to plumb?
Make a triangle of equal sides.
Measure the middle of the bottom leg, as the whole thing points to the sky wizard.
Make a mark.
Now hang a plumb bob from the apex......

The bottom leg is level as water, on the "golden" mark.

Like.... hanging a picture frame.

To find plumb with no square.....
Two blocks, a stick, a weight, and string.

Make the blocks the same size, about 1 inch square.
Make fast one block at each end the stick.
Wrap string to make a loop around blocks, making parallel strings.
Now hang weight in the middle of parallel strings.
exact middle is plumb.

Add level to plumb, you get square, if you don't have one of those either.

Those tools used to be called magic sticks.

It's so ingrained...... we all just intrinsically "know" when something's wrong.
Looking, even feeling... we know.
Everything either adheres or doesn't on purpose. Business cards, for example.

Back in the day, people who knew this were considered wizards.
Knowledge was indentured (sold) by giving an apt (trouble making) child,
a job that lasted 8-10 years. Sold kids young back then.
Since then the masons created the 8 hour work day....
which is probably about as long as you can work a 6 year old, until they "wear out".

Edit^^^ you know. You just don't know you know, you know?

What we consider beautiful or not was decided as we developed society.
By things that work. Hence the good teeth reaction.
Function over fiction.
Now a days we have little need for function, but we recognize where fiction begins.

Politely conceeded to O. Respect you joe.
Is having 3rd teeth a turn off or not? Lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Missing Teeth