Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Missing Teeth      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Missing TeethPage 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Ok I feel guilty... don't wanna derail the thread..lets go back to teeth.

So Fangs or no fangs? That is the question.

If your mate ever turns to a Zombie you would be happy if he was toothless..just sayin..
 2ufo
Msg: 77
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/19/2015 8:04:59 PM
I wouldn't be happy he turned into a zombie!
And, not because anything dental,
I just happen to like my brain where it is currently located.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 78
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 5:27:04 AM
Actually people DO like it - Liz Hurley is considered about as close to that perfection as one can get
"Many studies have been shown to prove that facial symmetry, among other types of body proportions have a great influence on interpersonal attraction. Elizabeth Hurley has been referred to as a standard of beauty because her face is said to have a high degree of symmetry."
Probably why we coined the term unconventional beauty.
As for zombies, pity moats feel out of style.
People are now not getting wisdom teeth, strange that.
 2ufo
Msg: 79
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 8:33:34 AM
Ouija -- Not getting wisdom teeth? That's interesting. Can you cite a study? I Googled, but couldn't find anything. I had a double set of wisdom teeth - first set came in when I was 17-18. Second set came in (or rather, got impacted) 3 years later. I still have a 3rd molar stuck in one of my sinus cavities -- apparently, my jaw was too small for all those teeth so this one never even got to the jaw proper.

Bi-lateral symmetry is important but so is the symmetrical arrangement of features - size of eyes, distance between the nose and upper lip, the arrangement of ears on the head which, as I understand it, are more pleasing to perception if they are arranged according to the mathematics of the Golden Ratio.
 474lakebreeze
Msg: 80
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 9:05:05 AM
All this about symatry, golden ratio, blah blah blah might look nice on paper to a science geek but real life?? We see happy people out there, happy couples out there in real life and they weren't hit by the magic wand of the golden ratio. We see short with tall, homely with attractive, fat with thin, young with old, etc. just ordinary folks with ordinary folks. The vast majority of us somehow find someone that makes our heart go pitter patter and we love them with all our hearts. Some will set up a list of "must haves" such as must have money, must have a good career, must have teeth, must be high caliber, must be six feet, etc. But I think the majority of us find someone we find attractive to us, seems interesting to us and then we go from there and see if we are compatible. Have you ever noticed on a first meeting with someone and in your head said "um, he's not all that attractive" and then at the end of the evening this person somehow managed to become very attractive? When we see the heart, character and personality of a person, it makes up for the crooked nose or missing tooth we noticed at first glance.

I don't have wisdom teeth either. Never did have them and they are not hiding somewhere in my jaw either. And I'm missing a tooth, lower side, second from the back...OMG, I'll never find a man now.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 81
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 9:21:20 AM
LOL, "Missing teeth", is usually followed by:
"Fishing camping just injoying someone that loves to take a romenack walk then set around a fire and
I love to draw and draw a little I can do a little bet of this and that"

(As seen on the profile of a 48 yr old female. A pic from the random row of pics above, caught my eye and I clicked on it, LOL)
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 9:32:00 AM
^^Yeah but don't those guys usually have another set of teeth on the chain around their neck?

halcyon_skies
Msg: 83
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 1:22:00 PM

Have you ever noticed on a first meeting with someone and in your head said "um, he's not all that attractive" and then at the end of the evening this person somehow managed to become very attractive?

Nope. Never happened. I've had it happen the opposite way, whereby I met someone I thought was attractive at first--however, by the end of the evening, something about him had caused me to change my mind.
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:47:56 PM

Have you ever noticed on a first meeting with someone and in your head said "um, he's not all that attractive" and then at the end of the evening this person somehow managed to become very attractive?
Nope. Never happened. I've had it happen the opposite way, whereby I met someone I thought was attractive at first--however, by the end of the evening, something about him had caused me to change my mind.

Hehe...oh man...there is SO much information hidden in all that...if one knows how to recognize it...
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 85
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:54:41 PM

Hehe...oh man...there is SO much information hidden in all that...if one knows how to recognize it...

I must have done something right, because I met the right man for me---we've been together for a number of years now.
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 2:58:26 PM

I met the right man for me

Of course you did. The right one for you. And it shouldn't be any other way. Wouldn't be fair to other people.
 gtomustang
Msg: 87
You can't handle the tooth
Posted: 9/20/2015 3:31:24 PM
Holy cats, a mention of the Corvette Summer car and its hoodscoop. Boy do I feel at home. There was a time in car customization when the asymmetrical look was hot--b/c everything else had been done already:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/a-revisit-with-tex-smiths-xr6-with-pics.730336/

(as an aside, the Hokey Ass Message Board is awesome if you love old hotrods. Their offtopic "vintage photos from days gone by" thread is dynamite, old Kodachromes and postcards and the like).

Math can exist around us, and we can ignore it blithely. We may not even know the leaves have a specific pattern, just love when they change color. We might just get hot for a gal b/c we seem to have a chance to get laid that night with her. Today I spotted an attractive woman with breasts smaller than mine. I might like to sit across the table from her at dinner, go dancing, make out...but get her naked and find she looks like a young boy? ick. Meanwhile I've looked up exgfs who weren't interested in me anymore. Of course I've changed, but I also know in some cases, they were interested in not being alone and I happened to be there and not be a pain in the ass, and that's how I had a chance back that one time in the past.

When we discuss "attraction", I think what we mean is, "that person is so attractive I would work hard to get their attention", maybe even, "I'd marry that person and never lose attraction to them". Not "yeah, i'd tap that."
 2ufo
Msg: 88
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 5:31:26 PM
Hi Lakebreeze ---
All this about symatry, golden ratio, blah blah blah might look nice on paper to a science geek but real life??

As humans, we're all 'built' according to the golden ratio -- it's just that some of us have the ratios perfect at 1.618 while a few others might be 1.6187 or 1.599. The differences are often noticeable to the eyes (us humans notice a lot more than we can actually describe) but most people can't explain why; simply saying s/he is very attractive. Of course, the problem becomes evident when we realize that these are people (as you point out) rather than simply perfectly pretty mathematical constructs.

As for finding 'unattractive' people attractive after talking with them and seeing them interact with others... yeah, I've definitely had it happen to me.
 sealady111
Msg: 89
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 6:14:44 PM
For me the mind is the most attractive.

BUT.... if the packaging is horrendous, I still won't kiss it.
 Aeladya
Msg: 90
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 6:30:09 PM
For me, bad hygiene is a massive turn off, so are drugs and smoking. I can deal with alcohol, but any sort of drug addict who chain smokes is not for me. My aunt once said that kissing a smoker is the equivalent of licking an ash tray. I took that to heart.
 8inscrew
Msg: 91
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 6:32:10 PM
Kissing is more personal than many things we do.....

It's important.
And good.
I miss it even while I'm doing it.
 474lakebreeze
Msg: 92
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 8:01:33 PM

As for finding 'unattractive' people attractive after talking with them and seeing them interact with others... yeah, I've definitely had it happen to me.

I think the majority of us have had this happen to us, especially in "life" experiences. As for dating and mating, the same thing happens and if it didn't, only Brad and Angelina types would find partners. There are a lot of happily coupled average and below average people pairing up and having successful and happy relationships. Keep in mind that below average and average is in the eye of the beholder and some that are attractive on the outside are ugly on the inside. Find someone that makes you happy, on the inside.

Also, a fat wallet, a good job or long legs and big boobs work for many in finding a mate.

As for the Golden Ratio, I'm sure it is at play in our subconscious.
 8inscrew
Msg: 93
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/20/2015 10:33:28 PM
Why not bring it right out into "daylight"¿

I eat my breakfast on granite counters. Counter tops is 2 words.
Tomorrow morning is going to be good.
how can I tell?

I'm a one woman man.

Undone. Chris knight

Yeah
 gtomustang
Msg: 94
Missing Teeth
Posted: 9/26/2015 1:26:58 PM
ever do something normal in real life, and think about a post here? went to lunch today, saw a woman who could have been the narrow-waisted version of "Jungle Pam Hardy". Long straight hair, thick rimmed glasses, and a cute little bucktooth smile. Very attractive. of course, the fact her tank top revealed her breasts were bigger than my fists likely helped.

but I still thought about this post and Corvette Summer's car. You just can't escape this place.
Missing Toes
Posted: 9/26/2015 8:59:45 PM
You can check out, but you can never leave? Oh hayl-nah.

Never heard of Jungle Pam Hardy. Had to google image her. Kind of a cutie.

Never liked the Corvette Summer car much myself. Looks more like an 80's pimp's car. Hey that's it - it was "pimped out" ahead of it's time like some are today.

I only watched that movie as a kid because Luke Skywalker was in it. Goodbye Girl because the Close Encounters guy was in it.

But anyway, on topic...this one girl I went out with has a missing toe. She looks so asymmetrical. Should I consider her attractive nonetheless?
 openrider
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/28/2016 12:09:51 PM
bad teeath no teeth total deal breaker,but then agian as they say never had a hummer until you,ve had a gummer,lol
 washingbear
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/28/2016 1:16:44 PM
If I can hang my key chain in her mouth, she's a keeper...... I keep losing my keys.
Grrrrrr!!!
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/28/2016 1:34:19 PM
the thing about soulmates is that you do know it and know it soon. So no loss there.
How hot can someone be with bad or missing teeth by the way?
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 99
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/28/2016 10:20:30 PM

It's always possible that a person with bad or missing teeth could be hot to another person with a comparable physical "flaw". However, it's really up to the two individuals in question to make that assessment.
 Nestaron
Msg: 100
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/28/2016 11:22:36 PM

This is hilarious really what does teeth have to do with how good looking someone is. Majority of hockey players are missing them even the really good looking ones. How good looking is Sidney Crosby to ladies he is missing a lot actually not that a women would know that.

I wear dentures women have no clue, until I take them out or unless they see me outside when I haven't put them in. I would tell them if they mention anything about my teeth it's never been a topic. It dont stop them once they see who you are and they might ask what happened cause all my photos show pearly whites for most part.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Missing Teeth