Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Missing Teeth      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ANewBeginningStartsHere
Msg: 101
Missing TeethPage 5 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Nestaron: "Majority of hockey players are missing them even the really good looking ones"

LOL. https://sports.clickon.co/2016/12/07/a-definitive-list-of-hockey-players-missing-teeth/

And I quote "a huge reason as to why hockey players aren’t the best looking of people, is because a ton of them are missing their teeth...."

And, I dated a girl from Ontario who was on a women's hockey league, and her Dad, Brother and Sister also played on a family league. All of them had their teeth! Shock!!! You're stereotyping...
 PlutoLover68
Msg: 102
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/29/2016 8:38:09 AM
I haven't read the entire thread, but I don't think having dentures is the same as having no teeth or bad teeth. Having dentures means you had some extensive dental work and are doing what it takes to have teeth or the appearance of teeth. To me, no teeth or bad teeth and no dentures says you have issues you aren't working on.
 gtomustang
Msg: 103
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/29/2016 9:09:18 AM
The last time I went to an oral surgeon, the pretty lady at the desk had a missing front tooth. Admittedly, I wondered why she didn't have something done, considering where she worked. Then I looked around the waiting room a size of a broom closet, no TV, a clock that hadn't had its time adjusted in a while, and I realized mu dentist had sent me to a place that didn't bother much with appearances :)

Attractive female friends who invest in their own looks, have educated me over the years that, yes, women we want to date, do expect we spend some money on our own appearance. And bad dental care is like looking into the trunk of a used car you want to buy--if you really want to know how the car has been treated in its life, and not be thrown off by a shine job put on last week to sell the car, look at how the trunk/boot looks (or if you're looking at a rental apartment/flat, the closets. Last place I was, the supe told me they had painted the ceilings professionally, so I looked in the closet--yep, they didn't skip that to save money). Bad dental care may just mean someone fears pain, or it might mean something more.
 ANewBeginningStartsHere
Msg: 104
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/29/2016 9:38:55 AM
gtomustang, you're on to something.

Appearance matters. It's built into who we are as humans. Many people do not realize they CAN do a lot about their appearance, specifically through how they live their lifestyle (ie. what you eat, physically active). There are so many single women I see on dating sites that have very jacked up teeth or are morbidly obese and can't understand why people "can't accept them for who they are" - that IS part of who they are and they don't get that.

Anyway - do a search on women that want to get married and have selected "WANT CHILDREN" - you will find a majority of these girls upkeep their appearance and look VERY attractive, versus ones not looking to get married and don't want children.

Coincidence?
 Nestaron
Msg: 105
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/29/2016 11:03:40 AM
^^ True people should try to do the best they can not for others but for themselves, bad teeth can actually cause serious health issues if not addressed. Missing tooth if they dont know the cause should be looked into especially if it just fell out and they have good teeth. Could be they are losing bone density from a disease. Since I dont choose friends based on appearance it really makes no difference to me personally.

^^^ I am stereotyping obviously you are trying to win an argument that you have invented just to be confrontational. lmao
So I am just going to say you win here's a hero cookie
 Ouija2025
Msg: 106
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/29/2016 11:41:01 AM
Newbeginning
so this should prolly be removed from your profile
" So, I have no expectations, and no matter what is typed here, or texted, or facebooked - you do not know a person until you are face to face with them and putting TIME into getting to know them. "
Maybe all those women wanting babies who are stunning are idk, fake photos :)
Teeth can be fixed.. expensive but they can be fixed
Maybe the receptionist GTO saw was waiting for the peg to heal for an implant.

Yep, some people may want a super attractive partner.. gotta remember that potential partner prolly hoping for the same
 ANewBeginningStartsHere
Msg: 107
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:02:54 PM
Ouija,

If they are missing teeth, do not have a profile pic, or take photos of themselves from several feet a above them to make themselves look thin and not tell you their body type... I am not meeting them.

I've been on and off POF since 2007. I've had a couple of relationships. I know how all of this works. I've have been tricked, fooled, catfished.. I could write a book.

That is all :-)
 daynadaze
Msg: 108
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:06:24 PM
So it seems some of the posters here would be surprised to find out that the world if full of toothless/missing teeth people who have relationships.
 sun___flower
Msg: 109
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/29/2016 12:28:14 PM
When this thread was started in September, a poster named Tequila157 said

I met a guy once who had a few missing teeth. He was into boxing. It didn't bother me because he was hot. As long as they are hot I have no issue hehe.

To which I replied

Ha. I have a crush on the guy who changes my oil. He's missing a few teeth. With his looks it does not matter, and in fact, weirdly adds to his charm - go figure.

On paper, I would think missing teeth would be a no-go for me, but in reality, I find this guy very attractive.
 gtomustang
Msg: 110
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/29/2016 1:59:17 PM
There are things we seek in partners, that others may not. I mentioned dental workers b/c where I go has some attractive ones. During the usual small talk (While all the tools are in the mouth, natch) they mentioned one who bleaches everything while cleaning and I made a comment about being on the singles' scene and how they probably are very concerned about kissing and the condition of a partner's mouth. Boy, is that stereotype correct! Then they sent me for a root canal and that's where I saw the receptionist (Who still had the tooth missing when I went back for a followup but that's besides the point).

We might really concern ourselves with someone's education level, or with their income if we're looking for someone to play house with. Whether or not you're concerned with oral health, that's fine, but you're probably not going far with someone on the opposite side of that fence. You can get upset about it or not, but we want to date people who live life the way we believe life should be lived. We want to feel comfortable about how we do things, not get nagged about it thru our marriage with them.

Meanwhile, a few months back , Playboy magazine (now that its not showing "Everything") had a blonde lass with a gap betwixt her front teeth, showing that can be considered "cute" to many men. I'm sure there's others out there with a little bit of "buck teeth" resting on their pouty lower lip that just drive men wild. Out of all the body parts we look at, it seems like a beautiful face catches our eye first, and helps us ignore whatever else we might normally find to be a "deal breaker". An attractive face on a "few extra pounds" figure might be someone we ask out, a "butterface" with a hot figure and a mug like a man, not so much. don't know if its the same for women.
 acityofdeniers
Msg: 111
Missing Teeth
Posted: 12/29/2016 3:45:40 PM
ANewBeginningStartsHere,

Um, "unattractive" and "obese" people want and have children.

I know this might disgut you, but, if you take a good luck at yourself in the mirror, you'll see you're not doing as well as you think you are (exhale!). Your "few extra" looks like excessive fat to me.
 Devilsfan58
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/3/2017 5:39:13 AM
I work in the health care industry and work daily with dental hygienists. A major problem today in our society is High Blood Pressure. A diastolic number >90 (the bottom number) will prohibit dentists from working on you. It is reported that there are 58,000,000 Americans with uncontrolled Blood pressure. Out of a population of 300,000,000 there is almost 30 percent of society that can't receive dental treatment. I could add more but copy and paste are frowned upon but if anyone wants to look. Use google and the phrase uncontrolled blood pressure and dental hygiene.
 gtomustang
Msg: 113
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/3/2017 8:04:01 AM
can't blame 'em, head wounds bleed like a mofo, and what dentist wants to ship a patient to the ER if there's a problem in the chair, unlike a doctor's office who may be associated with the nearest EmergencyCare? But its a good point about why some people might not get beautiful teeth.
 Maleman999
Msg: 114
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/3/2017 8:44:05 AM

A diastolic number >90 (the bottom number) will prohibit dentists from working on you.

I don't ever recall being asked by a dentist if I have high blood pressure, or having them take my blood pressure. They ask if I have any medical conditions, but don't specifically ask about blood pressure. Beside, a lot of people wouldn't know if they have high blood pressure if they don't have regular checkups. I never heard a dentist say or see a sign in their office that says they will refuse to do dental work on people who have high blood pressure. If someone who has high blood pressure has a tooth ache or needs dental word done, who are they suppose to see?
 gtomustang
Msg: 115
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/3/2017 9:25:06 AM
my main dentist doesn't ask, but the professional doing my root canal did. I know someone who had to have a tooth pulled, that dental surgeon (I can't remember the name for the profession, or-something?) not only demanded to know, but wouldn't do the surgery until the patient saw a doctor, got their pressure down, and then the dental surgeon tested the patient before pulling the tooth, to be sure it was. So, I guess its the dental surgeons (is that the correct term?) who only worry about it?
 Cdan1957
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/3/2017 9:46:47 AM

I don't ever recall being asked by a dentist if I have high blood pressure, or having them take my blood pressure.

I am having implants done in theree weeks. In my initial visit to the Oral Surgeon one of the things the nurse did was take my blood pressure. She said it was a tad high but wasn't too concerned so, I would imagine if it was an issue it might have delayed or stopped the planned surgery. It is probably an issue, however I have to believe that money, fear and pain may be a bit more of an issue than high blood pressure.
 ohenryx
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/3/2017 12:01:01 PM
I have been going to the same dentist since 1986, now up to 31 years. About 2 years ago, he started taking my blood pressure on every visit. He is very much involved in the health care field, he spends a lot of time, energy, and money keeping himself and his office up to speed on all of the latest advancements.
 daynadaze
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/3/2017 1:57:58 PM

Coincidence?

Yes, it is a coincidence, and probably quite biased on your part.

My daughter's dentist takes your blood pressure, in fact he refused to work on me, when in fact my blood pressure was normal for me, and acceptable by my doctor. I don't think it's a new thing, more a malpractice insurance thing.
 ANewBeginningStartsHere
Msg: 119
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/5/2017 11:08:38 AM
acityofdeniers,

You seem to have missed my point. Women that are looking to get married and have children tend be more proactive about their appearance. They make attempts to "pretty up" whether it be by losing weight, wearing certain clothing to look more attractive, taking care of their dental issues, wearing make-up etc. They are trying to attract the opposite sex. Again, the proof is there. If you were to search on women seeking marriage and kids, there is a much larger selection of attractive women to choose from. Because they want to look attractive for their potential mate.

As for the insult towards me about being excessively fat, that's your opinion. Since you do not even have a profile or photo. your opinion is worth $0.00

:-)
 PennyAnte
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/5/2017 1:06:09 PM
I married a man that I loved with all of my heart. During our marriage, after having three children, he lost two front teeth in an accident. He got T-boned in his truck and his face hit the steering wheel.

It didn't make me love him any less. It didn't turn me off. It didn't make me think he was any less attractive. I loved him without his teeth. We were young, had a new mortgage and 5 mouths to feed. We didn't have the insurance or the funds to fix his teeth right away.

He kept his teeth and his mouth clean and healthy. We could not afford bridge work or a plate for a few years. He was no less of a man or a husband or a best friend to me without his teeth .

I lost him in 2010. He died suddenly, dropped dead while raking his mother's yard. I would give anything to hug him once more and if he had no teeth at all it wouldn't matter to me. I would still want to be in his arms, feeling his big bear hug and kiss his sweet mouth.

Teeth do not make the man. A man is not unworthy because he has lost a tooth or more.

I had a plate for a couple of teeth. It was expensive. I dated a man back in 2012 for a few years seeing him quite regularly and having sex with him on the regular.. He never even knew I had the plate. One night we decided to have popcorn while watching a movie and a kernel got stuck under my plate and I took it out of my mouth to free the corn. My bf was amazed and baffled. He had no idea I had 2 missing teeth after 2 years of dating. It didn't bother him. He loved everything else about me and did not see it as a flaw.

Since then I have spent about 10,000 on my teeth and I no longer have to wear a plate but that plate never got in the way of passionate love making or distracted any man from paying attention to me or having desire for me. It was just a tooth for f8ck sakes.

Shit happens. People lose limbs and still find loving partners. What then? Prosthetic or get the **** out?

I understand someone being turned off by filthy or neglected teeth or halitosis... but that is not the only reason people lose teeth. I just thanked God that my adoring husband didn't die in that accident. I got him back pretty much in one piece except for 2 lousy teeth.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/5/2017 4:07:35 PM
what you say is true halcyon skies and there is a country that seems to flaunt their bad dental states........no names.
however how pleasant would it be to kiss someone with bad or missing teeth??
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/5/2017 4:10:46 PM
anewbeginning

women who take care with their appearance and are very attractive looking dont have to bother with sites such as these to find men.
How many would actually front up if you asked them for a meet?? They are not all genuinely who they represent themselves to be. Plenty of fake photos out there.
 Nestaron
Msg: 123
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/5/2017 5:06:49 PM
^ I would cause I honestly already had and dont really care if it will bother her or not. I put everything out there cause I am that type of guy :P
 Ouija2025
Msg: 124
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/5/2017 5:34:30 PM
Dentists are filthy expensive here and without coverage you are kinda hooped
I have a terror of them, cry in the chair, but I go
You would think they would be covered as medical as they affect your entire well being, but no
So we have people who suffer yet cannot afford
People here flock to Mexico. They say it is far less than work done here
1500 up for a crown
 gtomustang
Msg: 125
Missing Teeth
Posted: 1/5/2017 6:48:15 PM
yeah, its about that price up here and no place cheap to go. At least my dentist takes 15% off for not bothering with insurance, and a cleaning every 3 months adds up. That's why I don't blame people for letting it go, nor for those who want a guy who puts as much into his appearance as she spends on her own. At least my main dentist has pretty hygienists, even if they are slender (I prefer a more voluptuous gal, and my first hygienist as a teen would end up sticking a breast in my ear. that was better than a lollipop afterward).

Once taking care of elderly parents, however, I had to let my own doctor appointments lapse for those 5 years in order to keep up with mom and dad's appointments. Trying to catch up now. As for the plenty of fake photos, that's why I figure there should be a first meet at a place one wouldn't mind being in, if their date turns out to be not as advertised...or worse, doesn't show at all. I know having rules for dating puts a crimp in things, but I figure its all under the category "dating smart".
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Missing Teeth