Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Profile Photos      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 51
Profile PhotosPage 3 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have never been to Hawaii.
I did scratch off half my nose on a tree limb last week.
I don't think BA is a fake pprofile btw
 Cdan1957
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/30/2016 11:02:36 AM

Your Maui picture reminds me of the day I went on a whale watching tour in Maui. It was definitely an awesome vacation.

Funny you should say that, that is exactly where I was when I took it. I was on one of those whale watching boats. "Admiral, there be whales here!"
 Chromis1
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/30/2016 2:54:45 PM

Your Maui picture reminds me of the day I went on a whale watching tour in Maui. It was definitely an awesome vacation.

Funny you should say that, that is exactly where I was when I took it. I was on one of those whale watching boats. "Admiral, there be whales here!"

Maui no ka 'oi. Been there more times than I can remember. Six or seven whale watching tours, most were pretty much a bust, but one was exceptional. Two humpbacks decided to "play" with our boat. Captain had to cut the engines and the whales frolicked for maybe 45 minutes. No breaches, but <----- this was the best shot I got. Even the crew, normally complacent about these tours which they do non-stop, day in and day out during the in-season, were pretty excited.

Going back this 5/5 - 5/13. If you see any posts from me here during that time, remind me that I'm an idiot.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 54
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/30/2016 5:12:02 PM

Msg: 49

I'll post a picture on my profile when I get home from work tonight.

Msg: 53

Msg: 54
Maui no ka 'oi. Been there more times than I can remember. Six or seven whale watching tours, most were pretty much a bust, but one was exceptional. Two humpbacks decided to "play" with our boat. Captain had to cut the engines and the whales frolicked for maybe 45 minutes. No breaches, but <----- this was the best shot I got. Even the crew, normally complacent about these tours which they do non-stop, day in and day out during the in-season, were pretty excited.

One of the three pics I posted on my profile was taken in Maalaea Harbor in 2004, back when my hair was still black.

I've been in Maui twice, and fell in love with all of it. Was so enchanted with the island that almost quit my job and relocated there.

Didn't get to see any whales, but while hiking in the jungle saw locals hunting wild boars in the mountains. I love the ocean life there. I can spend the rest of my life surfing and hanging out on the beach.
 Chromis1
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/30/2016 7:32:39 PM

One of the three pics I posted on my profile was taken in Maalaea Harbor in 2004,

Haha, the ubiquitous Maui Dive Shops. The only thing I'll buy there is drops for my mask, just because you can't get 'em at Walmart. Everything else there is too expensive. Maalaea Harbor is cool, used to have a terrific candle/soap shop which has since closed, and the Pacific Whale Foundation is HQ'd there. Ate at Buzz's Wharf once, it was just ok.

Yeah, I've often thought about spending every last dime I have to live out my days there. If I didn't have a son living here in Pittsburgh, I would.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/31/2016 5:55:38 AM
I agree, if I had all the money in the world I would spend most of my time in Maui. I changed my profile pic to include one of sightings we had. I thought this was the coolest picture because my gf clicked just as the tail was going back into the water.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 57
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/31/2016 6:00:20 AM
well you guys don't need all the money in the world to send me there :)
I am like what one of 6 people never been there?
Sigh
 Cdan1957
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/31/2016 7:32:43 AM
6?, you think it is that many? Seriously ouija, I would think that if you really wanted some guy to buy you a trip to Maui it would take you all of 10 minutes to find one.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 4/1/2016 7:33:39 PM
yeah but ouija probably is fussy about who she would go there to Maui with and what she would have to do. lol!!
 purplerider1200
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 4/1/2016 8:04:54 PM
Make me no. 7, but I never had a burning desire to see Hawaii.
 NutJob12
Msg: 61
Profile Photos
Posted: 4/12/2016 8:00:50 PM
YES! I don't understand the children in the photos either. We are supposed to protect our children and not open up the possibility of finding a date who is just interested in your child. Too many weirdos in the world.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 62
Profile Photos
Posted: 4/12/2016 8:50:15 PM
Yes, Maui is amazing. Breathtaking.
I think I alter your statistic, Ouija.
I will go to Maui with you :)
 Hair2day_gone2morrow
Msg: 63
Profile Photos
Posted: 4/13/2016 6:42:40 AM
I keep updating mine at each incarnation so you know I am not a sock.

Profile photos can be fakes, etc. I'm sure at least one forumite has an entire person photoshopped into his/her profile. Hence the "limb" statement.

I say if you are going to do it, do it well, not sloppily so that body parts & scenery does not match up, unless you are being blatantly facetious.
 kj521
Msg: 64
Profile Photos
Posted: 4/13/2016 7:16:11 AM
^^^^^So....you're not particularly bothered that a forumite has a photoshopped pic....just that they didn't do a good job of it?

Well....maybe you could give them advice on how to do a better one. :)
 halcyon_skies
Msg: 65
Profile Photos
Posted: 4/13/2016 7:53:54 AM
Facetiousness doesn't translate well in profiles. It only serves to make you come across as a hypocrite.

Try honesty for a change.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 66
Profile Photos
Posted: 2/25/2017 1:42:18 PM
Know why so many folks on this site use so many selfies? It's with very few exceptions, a dead giveaway.
 MalckyB
Msg: 67
Profile Photos
Posted: 2/27/2017 10:17:53 AM
Totally agree...it does my nut in!..why would you have a picture of your dog as your main pic?..so many women do that too...I dont get it.its a dating site ffs!..lol
 Canandaigua_Momma
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 2/27/2017 11:19:36 AM
As long as the person has a selection of CLEAR photographs, all is good.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 2/27/2017 4:27:46 PM
I'll answer if you can solve these riddles:
1) Cleaning the lens of your cell phone
2) Taking a selfie without using a mirror
3) Taking a full-length photo that reveals your face
4) Learning what focus is, and applying it to all your photos
 flyover_boy
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/7/2017 7:29:58 PM
There should be a thread posting for a 'pictures guide’ as we do for profile writing. Reality is, this is probably more important.

Sign on to POF, what do you see ? A ton of pictures. Go to any profile, what’s slapped on the top ? A line of pictures. Go to 'who will respond’ what do you see ? A sea of pictures. Play 'meet me’ ? You got it...it’s all about the pics ! Even a site like eHarmony, which prides itself on other factors and more involved interaction, play 'What If,’ what do you get ? Pictures ! You can’t even see their text profile unless you hit 'yes.’ And eHarmony touts at a higher female to male ratio than any other major site.

So...my personal pet peeves about the images...

1. Please, at LEAST one clear, well lit full body shot. Sure, I know you’ll embellish with dark/bulky clothing, but at least try.

2. Bag the sea of landscape shots, pets, kids, artwork, cartoons and slogans. They don’t make you more interesting. Show me all that stuff in your phone when we meet at the coffee shop. You can throw a few in, if you’d like but, I’m passing by to see if I’m attracted to you...none of that stuff helps.

3. Group shots...use sparingly. And, if you guys are all standing, no that doesn’t qualify for a PERSONAL full body shot. Be careful with the other women with you, they might upstage you. Also, if you are fawning over a guy in the shot...it doesn’t compliment you, even if ‘he’s a friend.’

4. Head and shoulder shots are ok, but not too many and in the absence of any full body shots, I’ll assume you’re hiding something.

5. Bag the old h/s or college shots, which were clearly from the 80‘s and 90‘s and originally analog pictures. You can tell and with women’s hairstyles changing faster than the currency markets, we can figure it out. Showing you how cute/hot you were in high school isn’t a selling point for where we are now.

6. Silly shots. If you’re 20-something and in the selfie world, OK, I get it. But, to be in your 40‘s, those ‘cute pictures’ of you clowning around are not becoming. Guys do, but...that’s guys

I think there’s a feeling among many that, ‘I’m much better in person,’ and for some I’ve met, that would certainly be true. But, unlike meeting at a social event, party or whatnot, meeting online, you never quite know what you’re getting, which is why I champion the ‘coffee dates,’ for a first date, really ‘meet or greet.’ Meeting you at a social event, different story...absolutely off to the dinner, if I’m interested.

Although some of us may remember them, the day of the blind personals with just text is long since gone.
 aintnodeal
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/8/2017 12:42:52 AM
"Although some of us may remember them, the day of the blind personals with just text is long since gone."

Not on Craigslist, not on BackPage, and not even on POF. Some people still operate from the shadows, some people are still willing to search the shadows for anything with a pulse.

Most people simply don't know how to take good photos. I though having good cameras in phones, and selfie-modes would cure this, but it hasn't. Most people are also too insecure to have their friends or family take portrait photos. Portrait Photos are those evenly - lit, head and shoulder photos you get at a studio.....or any approximation thereof. Those new iPhone ads advertise a new portrait mode that supposed to be fabulous - - well, most people can't use it because they don't understand how to sit facing light, or to look at the camera, or the person holding the camera doesn't know how to frame a subject without getting half the house, or half the ceiling in the photo.

Most people just aren't any good at photos. It's very frustrating for me, but I recognize that's the way it is.
My profile photo is bad - it's deliberate. Perhaps it's that way for a lot of people.
 Ouija2025
Msg: 72
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/8/2017 5:30:06 AM
Years ago a friend decided to meet a guy had a personal ad.. mainly because the ad was so darn weirdly funny.
She did - it was a man she worked with!
We laughed and laughed, over a course of a few months I would make jokes about him.. she's laugh along
Turned out he had moved in with her. We had couples dates a few times. Couldn't stand him
They married, had a child, moved to the States/
All this time and I am still surprised.
 sun___flower
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/8/2017 12:04:48 PM
^^^ Oh wow, that is so weird that she would laugh along when he had moved in with her.
 flyover_boy
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/8/2017 1:22:49 PM

Not on Craigslist, not on BackPage, and not even on POF. Some people still operate from the shadows, some people are still willing to search the shadows for anything with a pulse.

That may be true...but ALL those sites allow you to post pictures. And plenty of ladies who ‘got it,’ know it...show it and want to be clear you know it. Sure, some folks have a VERY low bar...or none at all. But, based on pictures on POF, at least a good number of women where I live are assuming that’s NOT the case.

Most people just aren't any good at photos. It's very frustrating for me, but I recognize that's the way it is.
(snip) Perhaps it's that way for a lot of people.

I don’t think taking the pictures are the problem. It’s exposing themselves more candidly and maybe not feeling they’re measuring up, perhaps even fearing competition. Two things I hear people complain about...pictures from full size mirrors and women in yoga pants. I see some of that here, and if they got it...believe me, you would NOT be complaining about the photographic standard mistakes. That’s the issue...women know visuals and they know what works. Those that got it ain’t afraid of making that point VERY clear !
 aintnodeal
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Profile Photos
Posted: 3/8/2017 3:42:13 PM
^^^ It's frustrating for me, because people have adequate cameras in their phones and tablets. A few minutes of attention and prep will produce NICE photographic quality - there's no excuse for low quality other than IGNORANCE, LAZINESS, or WILLFUL intent to have low quality.

I'm an artsy guy - I speak visually. I want to see good quality images whether the people are fashion models or butt fugly. So YES, I will always be complaining about photographic quality - moreso than body shape, fashion choices, or extra people in the photo. Photo quality is my #1 Pet Peeve. That's just ME. I know most people just don't care like that.

If a gal wants to show off her $5000 implants, maybe she should spare $100 to hire a photographer who will do her upgrades justice?
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Profile Photos