Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does a backrub mean to you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ShipForBrains
Msg: 51
view profile
History
What does a backrub mean to you?Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Come now people! All will be well as long as you don't turn around too quickly and spoil it for us. We could just go on like nothing happened.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 52
What does a backrub mean to you?
Posted: 9/23/2015 5:46:03 PM
^^^^^

Well...at least you're consistent at displaying shitforbrains. :/
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 53
Posted: 9/23/2015 5:48:11 PM
I don't feel well.
 ShipForBrains
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2015 5:58:54 PM

I don't feel well

Maybe you need a back rub!
 gtomustang
Msg: 55
Posted: 9/23/2015 6:07:14 PM
Oh well, as the dating experts will say over and over again, one doesn't win, if one fails to at least play. Better to try something, than do nothing. Oh, and that women are turned on by a DGAS attitude.

You "stuck it out there", and years from now people will forget it ever happened, b/c if there's one thing about this crowd, they don't hold onto things forever.
 ShipForBrains
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2015 6:56:15 PM
Well said gtomustang!

I like to joke around and liven things up. My messages to woman are similar in nature. Not only is it my nature to be humorous (in my own way) but it only takes a couple responds back to be able to tell if they have a sense of humor. People that have a keen sense of humor will pick up on others humor very easily. Humor is then embedded in the conversation and it flows better. A person who has no sense of humor will not understand what was said or if any weight should be given to it. Conversations die out instantly when one "didn't get the joke". Jokes are hard to convey with proper intention in the written word because jokes can be dry and you can't see the others face. I certainly hope I got a "rise" out of you. Not a trollish "rise" but a good rise.

Why I attract the kinds of woman I do? Is a question for another time.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 57
Posted: 9/23/2015 7:44:35 PM

People that have a keen sense of humor will pick up on others humor very easily.

Sounds to me like you're shifting your failure to connect your humor into your audience instead of accepting that your joke, or humor for whatever it was tanked. It's not OUR failure. It's yours, dude. But also realize that part of telling jokes, of being humorous, of pushing the envelope, is that people most of the time are not going to get it. It's not their fault. It's the nature of communication. If you get offended, your lost. If you get aggravated, your lost.

One thing you will learn about the forums, is that anything with too much sexual context, they freak. I had to learn the hard way. When ever the need to deal with more sexual context, take it to the sexual forums.

And remember that even comedians, when they come up with new material, they take it to smaller audiences to test if the stuff will fly.

So keep liven it up, but take it to the right forum where you will be free to express anything you want.
 ShipForBrains
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2015 8:01:38 PM
Thanks. I was just trying to stay within the context of PlentyOfFish as a dating site and the context of the forums where we chime in with our worthless two cents on the subject. I will keep my "billygoat" in it's pen from now on.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 59
Posted: 9/23/2015 8:04:45 PM

Thanks. I was just trying to stay within the context of PlentyOfFish as a dating site and the forums where I'm supposed to chime in with my worthless two cents on the subject. I will keep my "billygoat" in it's pen from now on.

Dude you are at the bar and over that corner over there the jokes are quite raunchy, but where you sit here, everything is trim and proper, so go over there and be raunchy.
 sealady111
Msg: 60
Posted: 9/23/2015 8:34:07 PM
^^^ If I was in a bar and near a man making "Jokes" like this.

I would move to another area or leave.
Not my idea of humour.
Not raunchy. To me anyone who speaks like this is more slime bag than comedian.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 61
Posted: 9/23/2015 8:50:31 PM
sealady111- I watched Ellen Degeneres do one of her routines, one topic was humor and people saying mean,cruel, inappropriate things and calling it funny.
She said she get called out all of the time for her reactions, or rather non reaction to this.
"oh, come on, I was just kidding, just joshing you."
Then she revealed what she would say: Last I checked, both people should be laughing.
Yup, she got it.
 9Pluto
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 9/23/2015 10:45:30 PM
Ut quod ali cibus est aliis fuat acre venenum?
:-P
 Lindsay_G
Msg: 63
Posted: 9/23/2015 10:53:41 PM
Yes I would as long as it was a good male friend who I trust.
 MaleFeasance
Msg: 64
Posted: 9/23/2015 11:13:18 PM
Yes I would as long as it was a good male friend who I trust.
-------------
A male friend you trust ought to be an oxymoron in this context.
 moonbeamlover
Msg: 65
Posted: 9/23/2015 11:19:25 PM

Ladies...personally, if you don't want me to be thinking nasty thoughts about you while I'm straddling your back and digging my fingers into your inner body, searching for that g spot that is going to bring about a sound of wind from your mouth...and you would be offended by where my eyes are focused and if or not I have the desire to smell your scent even if to just sniff my fingers...if the thought of me also enjoying myself as well as what my face must look like as my mouth contorts to the oooohh shape sounds appalling to you then...

...maybe you shouldn't ask me for a massage. That is unless of course you don't mind that sort of thing and want to get some blind lovin of your own and cop a feel. We can certainly just be friends.

I am never going to ask for another massage again so long as I live...
 Lindsay_G
Msg: 66
Posted: 9/24/2015 6:24:44 AM
but it is not an oxymoron in this case
 gtomustang
Msg: 67
Posted: 9/24/2015 6:37:35 AM
in which context, that she's universally attractive or in giving a massage?

I've had female acqaintances who suspected I had an interest (b/c they were hot) but who seemed to trust me in flirting and grab-assin' and other situations b/c they knew I knew my place and wasn't going to bust a real move. At least, that was my read on things, since some had mentioned in conversation that my type wasn't their type or that they were taken or some other such announcement. And i'll confess, I have a bad habit of taking women at their word :)

I think, tho, that invading one's personal space is a grey area. for some, "nothing" is meant, and for others, "Something" is meant.
 Lindsay_G
Msg: 68
Posted: 9/24/2015 6:54:45 AM
It never ceases to amaze men how most me think that a situation is an invitation for sex or intimacy at some level. Do people not have just good close friends with no intentions from either side. I have many great male friends. We joke, go out on occasion, etc. There will be times when I would flirt with them, Yet we both know it is in fun and there is nothing more than simple friends. Maybe I just have a more mature male friends base.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 69
Posted: 9/24/2015 7:14:55 AM
Woman: "Can you pass me the ketchup?" (I am hungry)

Man: "Sure, here you want me to pour it on your burger." (She wants me, she wants me)

Woman: "Sure." (Hurry, I am hungry.)

Man: "Here." (She really, really, really fvcking wants me now.)

Woman: "Not too much, thanks." (Can you be done. I am hungry!!!!!)

Man: "One last dab." (Oh man, she wants me, she really wants me.)

Woman: "That's it, thank you." (You're getting kind of creepy. I am hungry.)
 44sharkfin
Msg: 70
Posted: 9/24/2015 7:51:50 AM
Lindsay said

Do people not have just good close friends with no intentions from either side. I have many great male friends. We joke, go out on occasion, etc. There will be times when I would flirt with them, Yet we both know it is in fun and there is nothing more than simple friends. Maybe I just have a more mature male friends base.

If you could keep a straight face and say to one of your male friends that you would like to have some no strings attached sex just for the fun of it, do you really think any of them would say no ?

I don't know them but I know they're male and that's all I need to know.
 cooldog65
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2015 9:24:32 AM

Rub a dub dub!
 9Pluto
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2015 12:24:04 PM

If you could keep a straight face and say to one of your male friends that you would like to have some no strings attached sex just for the fun of it, do you really think any of them would say no ?

I don't know them but I know they're male and that's all I need to know.

This is moot, because if she said what you propose, then *her* intention would be different.
It's like having the judgmental opinion:
"OMG, you let him see your face? You are asking for it! You dirty woman!" (anonymous Taliban quote)

There is a social expectation among friends not to go over a mutually understood line. The line is relative to the group. Some people just accept their friends for who they are, understand how men and women differ and embrace it as part of their gender, interactions and persona. Some cultures kiss upon meeting, hug upon saying goodbye, crowd into a full elevator, and give a back massage to a friend on their feet all day, or rub sunscreen when there is a danger of burning. Some people have a flirty attitude because it is part of their nature and they are more fun to be around and it is just part of who they are.

Everything isn't black and white thinking either. If you're single, flirting, back-rubs and the like are also ways to get to know someone fun who might be romantic relationship material instead of buddy-buddy. But it is not hugely different, just user defined gradients in intimacy (of any kind), from sitting for a coffee or chat together. I still think though, that anyone in an exclusive relationship should consider the acceptance by their partner before doing anything innocently that might be misinterpreted.
Cheers
 daynadaze
Msg: 74
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2015 12:29:25 PM
Oh please, there's a huge difference between 'freaking out' and just being disgusted. The subtle little, oh look they freaked out they must be _______, is tiresome and incorrect.
 overunity
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2015 12:48:50 PM
For some people "raunchy" equals a slimy grease ball lounge lizard that makes some women's skin crawl.
But apparently some other women are okay with it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What does a backrub mean to you?