Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The POPE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Maleman999
Msg: 51
The POPEPage 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I wonder why the pope didn't visit Canada, since he was next door. There's no wall up yet to stop him. Maybe he heard about the religious controversy that's being going on for few years and doesn't want to fan the flames. The controversy is Christian holidays, like Christmas, might offend non-Christians, so the government stops putting up signs in public saying Merry Christmas. Instead, the politically correct term on signs in public is Happy Holidays. How dare someone making reference to religion on a religious holiday. You can't have that happening, in case it offends someone. So far, Easter has been safe from attack, since the Easter Bunny has no religious connotation-which makes me wonder why it's even related to a religious holiday. Is there something in the Bible that says Jesus had a pet rabbit that laid colored eggs, or eggs with painted patterns on them?
 474bluemoon
Msg: 52
The POPE
Posted: 9/28/2015 9:36:09 AM
I certainly haven't noticed a decrease in Christmas advertising, Christmas music, Christmas displays, gifts, bells, tinsel, Santa and the other crude that comes out pre-Thanksgiving. The retail market has seen to that. I'm amazed that the Christmas stuff isn't out with the back to school pencils and books.

Christmas isn't going anywhere. Neither is Easter.
 MIOAK
Msg: 53
The POPE
Posted: 9/28/2015 10:07:41 AM
"Christmas isn't going anywhere". Sadly , not so. No longer , do OUR children have a Christmas break. this ritual has ben re dubbed "winter break" to appease the non and anti Christian minorities. That should be fair enough , at least for the multi culturalists. However , the slippery slope gets slimey. For five yrs now the kids have been "off" for the semetic holidays. Kosher holidays. The ramadon-bom-a-thon and hajj are all stay at home days for White students in our school district , however , Christmas , OUR holiday is not mentioned. Yes , folks , reality has arrived. Once again , welcome to Absurdistan. Needless to say I can't speak for canadiens nor would I want to. In US we feel like foreigners in OUR land. Balkanization has commenced , obviously , it has been organic. Non violent. White Flight. Gotta love it.
 474bluemoon
Msg: 54
The POPE
Posted: 9/28/2015 10:26:36 AM
How many of your children even attend church? Attend on a regular basis, every Sunday? Not many anymore. Do you?

We have a multicultural society and have for a long time. The majority here in Canada are Christians. We still have Christmas. No one has taken that away. And who cares whether it is called Christmas Holidays or Winter Break. Same Santa. Same Christ. Christmas has become all about Santa to many and not much about Christ anymore, even to the Christians.

The separation of church and state...its a good thing. If you want to pray in the morning, do so at home and not at school. You should be teaching your children about god or your church leaders should be teaching you and your children about god, it's not a function of the school nor should it be. Not a function of the government either.

I'm an atheist and I am not offended if someone says Merry Christmas to me and I also say Merry Christmas to others.

I know you love the white and the white only and the white right, white supremacist, racist crap...your choice. But your ancestors didn't start out white. Jesus wasn't white. And you are a foreigner in the US as well.
 MIOAK
Msg: 55
The POPE
Posted: 9/28/2015 10:42:13 AM
The subject of an Aryan Christ , Judea or jews , and 12 Tribes etc. are Truthful and Infinite. But need another arena for debate. agree to disagree. My ancestors evolve from the Whitest area of the Earth ; near the Caucus Mountains ; hence we are dubbed Caucasoid. My maternal side was forced through government edict to produce genetic proof of European Ethnic Purity going back to the 11th Century. Like it or not , I'm the Whitest guy you will ever lay eyes on.

Incidently , if I might add. The idea of Church and State separation was only that. An idea. Jefferson contemplated this in a thesis to French politicos. Not a Law or Amendment ; just an idea. The Constitutional Framers were White , Christian Separatists originating from Europe. Found to be clearly specified in the Immigration and Naturalization bill of 1789. Read it. A very dire warning to apologist cuckolds of today.
 deetristate
Msg: 56
The POPE
Posted: 9/28/2015 11:07:28 AM
MIOAK

Now that you have pointed it out, there isn't much complaining about school holidays for yom Kippur and ros hashana.

I don't think that it is a conspiracy but vocal atheists are mum about it.

I am not a foreigner in the USA. 7-8th generation.
 Maleman999
Msg: 57
The POPE
Posted: 9/28/2015 3:05:07 PM
Wow. MIOAK lasted less than two weeks. The question is was he taken out by the POF mob or is he in exile?
 Ouija2025
Msg: 58
The POPE
Posted: 9/28/2015 6:23:01 PM
He seems to be a kind man, his followers happy - so why all the anger? Everyone believes in something, God, Gods, Walmart flyers.
I liked seeing the faces of the people who were thrilled to see Him.. if it makes their Live better shrug
Lucky I already know I'm going to Heck and doubt a demonette coming for a visit
 browneyesboo
Msg: 59
The POPE
Posted: 9/29/2015 11:55:18 AM
I wasn't brought up catholic and I'm not religious, but I think this pope
seems a reasonable person. I'm all for reasonable...no matter what
religion or lack of religion.
 DonaldTrumpsGoogleHistory
Msg: 60
The POPE
Posted: 9/29/2015 12:55:17 PM

I'm not at all religious but I do get the feeling this Pope might be one of the most progressive we've ever had.

Nope, he just has a really good PR team, as he still thinks that gay marriage is wrong and has done little to nothing to deal with the epidemic of child abuse that exists within his organization.
 Maleman999
Msg: 61
The POPE
Posted: 9/29/2015 2:27:29 PM
Just one time, I'd like to see a pope do a question and answer interview in public, where he is asked what his views are on topics like abortion, the death penalty, women priesthood, his views on leaders of countries who start or support wars, etc. Giving a well prepared sermon once in a while from the Vatican where nothing of substance is said has no value-at least to me. If the Catholic church wants to be relevant, they would need to address topics and issues that are of concern to the masses. Otherwise, they are no different than the snake oil salesman at a carnival.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 62
view profile
History
The POPE
Posted: 9/29/2015 7:08:18 PM
MIOK I know he was . Jesus died for our sins . You need to do research. I would follow Jesus than evil.
 SILLYGIRL111
Msg: 63
view profile
History
The POPE
Posted: 9/29/2015 7:08:30 PM
MIOK I know he was . Jesus died for our sins . You need to do research. I would follow Jesus than evil.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 64
The POPE
Posted: 9/29/2015 7:13:48 PM

he just has a really good PR team, as he still thinks that gay marriage is wrong and has done little to nothing to deal with the epidemic of child abuse that exists within his organization.

Having a "good PR team" is key in getting pple to listen to you (including your subordinates).

From a Biblical standpoint, gay marriage will not be accepted by most mainstream churches
but he has strongly advocated against acts of hate or derision towards gays who marry.

In terms of the pedophiles, I believe the RCC has enacted policies toward addressing any future occurrences,
but whether or not it carries them out will be the litmus test for this Pope's legacy.

To his credit, he has met with 5 victims of abuse (on his trip here)and publicly vowed to do his utmost not to let this happen again. This isn't too bad considering that he was just appointed to his post.

Lastly the pedophile problem is deep seated and goes back many decades,
so even if more such scandals come to light (that were hitherto suppressed) it doesn't necessarily mean that it was this Pope's doing!
 474bluemoon
Msg: 65
The POPE
Posted: 9/29/2015 8:13:06 PM

. Jesus died for our sins . You need to do research. I would follow Jesus than evil.

Some believe the above. Many don't. And those who don't believe aren't following evil. And the "died for our sins", nope.

I think this new Pope is a kind man. He is more open that the previous popes and this is a good thing. And he has begun to acknowledge the abuse. This is progress.
Msg: 66
The POPE
Posted: 9/30/2015 6:49:08 AM

“You either have a God who sends child rapists to rape children or you have a God who simply watches it and says, ‘When you’re done, I’m going to punish you.' If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That’s the difference between me and your God."

Tracie Harris
 daynadaze
Msg: 67
view profile
History
The POPE
Posted: 9/30/2015 7:44:57 AM
All over the internet! The Pope tells bimbo bigot to keep up the good fight, and good little Catholic boy Mark Walhberg is standing in front of the Pope doing who knows what. Yeah, this Pope seems to be doing a great job so far. Some of America's finest are visiting with him! Can it be very far off for Charlie Sheen to become a saint?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 68
The POPE
Posted: 9/30/2015 8:30:07 AM
^^^^Yeah, I thought he was reasonable. Now I've changed my mind when he met that asshat
and encouraged her. That makes him an asshat too.

I like your new picture daynadaze! :o)
 deetristate
Msg: 69
The POPE
Posted: 9/30/2015 10:14:26 AM
The Pope visiting was great, SG.
People found peace, it created this atmosphere of community and hope. It brought tears of joy to families and individuals.

Non-catholics, including atheists, were also caught up in the spirit. It was nice to see kindness all around.

Of course you have some folks who will make everything into a negative. No one paid attention to them
Well, some people prayed that they would find some peace within.
 deetristate
Msg: 70
The POPE
Posted: 9/30/2015 10:14:34 AM
Double me post.
Msg: 71
The POPE
Posted: 9/30/2015 10:18:24 AM

People found peace, it created this atmosphere of community and hope. It brought tears of joy to families and individuals.

While others where marginalized because of the way they where born, but hey lets celebrate the fact that some people are not smart enough to understand it is all a giant lie.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 72
view profile
History
The POPE
Posted: 9/30/2015 10:33:14 AM
Dee
"The Pope visiting was great, SG.

Non-catholics, including atheists, were also caught up in the spirit. It was nice to see kindness all around"

Aye it made quite a lot of folk happy. I mind years ago when john paul came to edinburgh. The thousends who lined the streets. Although there was a counter protest by some protestants against his visit.

It is easy to take the piss out of the religious and sometimes they leave themselves open to ridicule. But if others find comfort then all well and good. It is usually the christian churches out feeding the homeless or running the wee pensioners clubs etc. So credit where it is due.

This thread here would have been right down the street for the banned poster called frank. Plenty chances to get on his favourite subject about wee boys being molested. He seemed to like writing about that. Poor frank. But................

Is the weirdo back? Ah frank the trumpet.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 73
The POPE
Posted: 9/30/2015 10:48:41 AM
Pope Francis says he wants for the Vatican to operate with “absolute transparency”, then he comes and meets this woman secretly.
 pontogoldworth
Msg: 74
The POPE
Posted: 9/30/2015 11:20:53 AM

While others where marginalized because of the way they where born, but hey lets celebrate the fact that some people are not smart enough to understand it is all a giant lie.

I don't feel marginalized by the man. I accept him for what I believe he is. An authentic, devout, spiritual and very decent man. Doesn't mean I accept his faith of course. I don't even understand what it means to say Jesus died for our sins. In the scheme of things his death was no worse than many others have experienced and what his dying has to do with my "sins" is unfathomable to me.
 villabolos
Msg: 75
The POPE
Posted: 9/30/2015 12:04:23 PM
IT was such a secret,it's being reported about in the media.

There are certain things in the Catholic Church that are open for change. For instance, they have altar girls now.
Some things though will never be changed.
One of them is the definition of marriage.
Anybody who believed otherwise shows how ignorant they are of f the Catholic faith.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The POPE