Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The POPE      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 congupnaroad
Msg: 151
view profile
History
The POPEPage 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

"All religions 'target'/exploit the vulnerable, the bereaved, the dying, the sick, the lost and the lonely, the mentally ill, drug-addicts, drunks, convicted felons, and "fallen women" etc (See the Magdalen Laundries quote further down), and most especially, children, who trust and rely on adults, to 'teach' them only reliable, and verifiable information."

How do all religions do that?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 152
view profile
History
The POPE
Posted: 10/16/2015 3:49:15 PM
PBS's The Brain; What Is Reality? (if I got the title right) was on recently and I watched it. Among other things...it explained how people in solitary confinement begin to experience things...not imagine them, but experience as if they were real...with all the sights and sounds and smells etc. Deprive the brain of sensory input, and it does weird things. I wonder how that might apply to almost-death experiences.
 daynadaze
Msg: 153
view profile
History
The POPE
Posted: 10/16/2015 9:41:13 PM
Interesting Drinks, I've seen that happen with what was called mass hysteria, it may be called something else now, or completely debunked, but people who have never had something happen to them personally, can turn to not only thinking it happened to them, but remember it happening. The brain is vary capable of lying to you, even provide the experience. Add that to selective memory, and you can convince yourself of just about anything.
 deetristate
Msg: 154
The POPE
Posted: 10/17/2015 4:25:55 AM
Although the discussion has changed to one only tangentially realted to the topic, this was interesting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dinesh-dsouza/life-after-death-the-view_b_347412.html

Alxo:

""""Does a person's religious belief affect the likelihood of experiencing such spiritual feelings on the threshold of death? A study by Zalika Klemenc-Ketis and colleagues published in the journal Critical Care investigated this question in a search for possible commonalities among people who have near-death-experiences, and the findings are provocative. Examining medical records of heart attack patients together with detailed questionnaires about the individual's religious beliefs, other personal attributes, and medical data, the researchers found that if a person was an atheist, his or her chances of having an out-of-body experience were the same as for a Catholic or Muslim."""

tangentially
 Walts
Msg: 155
The POPE
Posted: 10/17/2015 5:11:41 AM
When any of us actually have to "face" death, we all will "see" things flash before us no matter what you "believe in". It's a matter of our brains, not "beliefs".
 Maleman999
Msg: 156
The POPE
Posted: 10/17/2015 7:47:27 AM

In Raymond moody books~ people were able to accurately described who was in the room as well as relay conversations while no brain activity and heartbeat

I always get suspicious when I hear stories of people dying, and then they come back to life, and have a clear recollection of what was going on while they were dead to boot. If the brain is actually dead, then how could the brain tell the heart and other organs to start up again and come back to life, since the brain is the command center for body functions? Wouldn't there be irreversible brain damage if the brain is dead for any length of time, which would make recalling anything that happened previously impossible? Never mind recalling conversations and taking a head count while dead as well. I don't buy it.
 daynadaze
Msg: 157
view profile
History
The POPE
Posted: 10/17/2015 10:22:43 AM
One night at work a large sheet of metal slipped through my hands and cut into my arm, like going through warm butter, and I was losing a lot of blood, very quickly. I wasn't dying but I did pass out. I had a very vivid vision of a cartoon colored area, all around, of that bright pigment coloring of cartoon, of sunny yellow. In the middle of this splash of vivid yellow were a pair of turquoise colored shorts, drawn like a cartoon, and they were moving around in a dancing motion. Nothing else, just these dancing shorts on the yellow background. Then suddenly I woke up and I was being rushed out the door in a wheelchair and taken to the hospital to sew up the cut.

I have no explanation of why this was going through my head while I was passed out, nor why it was so vivid and that I, to this day, can still see it in my head. The brain can be a comical place.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 158
The POPE
Posted: 10/17/2015 5:47:19 PM
Recalling my Moody, a number of phenom are available to experience during an NDE. Not everyone experiencing an NDE experiences each phenom. A loud buzzing sound, a tunnel, a portal, a being of light. Christians tend to describe the being as Jesus. Jews, an angel. Atheists, a being of light. It was pretty clear that preexisting belief systems color interpretation of phenom, but don't create it.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 159
The POPE
Posted: 10/17/2015 8:12:45 PM

If the brain is actually dead, then how could the brain tell the heart and other organs to start up again

It doesn't

since the brain is the command center for body functions?

It isn't!
Pple who have been in long term irreversible comas( fully brain dead) have had normal functioning organ systems [lungs, thyroid, heart, intestines, etc]

Wouldn't there be irreversible brain damage if the brain is dead for any length of time,

^ awkwardly stated

Studies show that if the brain is oxygen deprived (by way of asphyxiation, or lack of adequate blood pressure) for more than 4-5 minutes; then irreversible brain cell death occurs, but prior to this time frame, then the person has the capacity to regain full brain function (barring any physical brain damage) upon awakening; which means that there has been NO true brain death. This doesn't mean that the person will awaken immediately after oxygenation and blood flow is restored. Depending on the insult, the person may remain unconscious for a good deal of time before he/she awakens. It has also been shown that some Pple previously in comas had the capacity to recall family members talking to them at the bedside while they were unresponsive.

Never mind recalling conversations and taking a head count while dead as well. I don't buy it.

You need to "buy" into better sources of information; if you wanna understand what you are talking about!
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

it points to a different dimension of ourselves that isn't governed by brain or body

There seems to be a growing belief that consciousness itself stems from outside the mind-body realm; although it is SEATED in the brain of every living being that is able to harness it. Once the brain starts to die, it cannot hold on to its consciousness and thus it starts to diffuse itself into different dimensions (which are not accessible or perceptible to us in our 3-D existence). What happens at that juncture is anybody's guess.

Perhaps the reasons why the brain produces many "bizarre" images is that consciousness no longer FULLY resides within the 3-D state of mind/brain of the individual in question; however, if that individual is able to be retrieved from his/her underlying condition within the critical time period; then the consciousness can be "re-captured" again by an intact (and soon to be) functioning brain, and thus it might be able to infuse that brain with data acquired while in the "out of body" state it was temporarily in!

Not everyone who has a NDE, is left with images (religious or otherwise) to remember; so there are obviously a good deal of variables at play (the nature of the insult; length of time that he individual was unattended, the severity of the coma; etc).

Nonetheless, those who claim to have seen themselves "outside their body" and witness things that they could not have otherwise known was being said or was happening to them, is something that will remain an unexplained mystery to us.
 Jo van
Msg: 160
The POPE
Posted: 10/18/2015 3:56:53 AM
hahaha!
This thread's taken an odd turn, though I think that "after-life" is at the core of the pope's version of "christianity".
When the brain is "shutting-down", it will produce random results.
These are no more "out of body experiences" than dreams could be said to be.

As I mentioned much earlier in the thread, the brain (and our 'senses'/sensors which 'feed' it) are notoriously unreliable.
Hallucinations, both visual and auditory, can happen at almost any time, even when the brain is running 'normally', and being supplied with blood, nutrients, and oxygen.

For years now, images have been placed on high shelves, which can only be viewed from above, in operating theaters, and other places where resuscitation and 'NDE's are likely to happen, as a "test".
So far, even in stories where patients have claimed to be "floating above their bodies, and looking down", no-one has yet described these.

I think "life after death", or the sorts of "everlasting life" which religions like the pope's "sell", as part of their "package" are a obviously a very attractive option.
We are all scared of death, it's what often keeps us alive; that fear triggers the production of adrenaline, and the extra energy required for "fight or flight", suppresses pain, and thus allows us to escape from life-threatening situations.
"Fear of death" keeps us alive.
IMO People who don't fear death, like "suicide bombers", tend to act irrationally.

IMO Religious charlatans, like the "pope", and others, are 'selling' the fiction of "ever-lasting life", to people who want to believe it. They told that if you stand/kneel/prostrate yourself in "churches", "synagogues", or "mosques", or "temples", for a few hours every week, "praying" to whichever invisible friend/friends your religion prescribes, this will "guarantee" you "everlasting life".
It's an 'easy sell'.
It's a form of 'denial', like putting your fingers in your ears and singing "lalalalalalalalalalalalal", when you don't want to hear something bad.

Personally, philosophically, I think it's both delusionary and supremely egotistical to believe that each of our (human) presences in the universe, (once we're born, and 'alive') is of such great "significance" and "importance" to the cosmos, that it must endure.
(Although I do have a pamphlet from the JW's which also shows happy, (smiling) tigers and other animals too, in "heaven")

I view my current presence here, as being of no greater significance to space-time, than that of one single ant, (called 'Barry') who lived here a million years ago.
We're just not all that 'important'. (Neither me, nor 'Barry'.)
Billions of people and our earlier evolutionary stages, lived (and died) here, (on earth) for millions of years, before all these myths were even formulated, sometime around the Neolithic 'revolution'.

These are the beliefs of people who believed in "demons" and "monsters", and believed that every natural disaster or illness was the work of "gods".
These are the beliefs of people who believed that "evil possessions by demons" were the cause of epilepsy.
This is what such primitive beliefs lead to:

Child abuse linked to exorcism and witchcraft accusations is on the rise, figures obtained by the BBC suggest.

The Metropolitan Police said there had been 60 crimes linked to faith in London so far this year. It saw reports double from 23 in 2013 to 46 in 2014.
Half of UK police forces do not record such cases and many local authorities are also unable to provide figures.
The NSPCC said authorities "need to ensure they are able to spot the signs of this particular brand of abuse".
London is unique in having a police team, Project Violet, dedicated to this type of abuse.
Its figures relate to crime reports where officers have flagged a case as involving abuse linked to faith or belief. Many of the cases involve children.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34475424
Tragic.
Or this:

NEW YORK A New York couple was charged with manslaughter in the death of their 19-year-old son after allegedly beating him for hours during a family counseling session inside the "sanctuary room" of an upstate Christian church, police said on Wednesday. The victim's parents, Bruce Leonard, 65, and Deborah Leonard, 59, were arraigned on Tuesday and pleaded not guilty. They were being held in lieu of $100,000 bail each. In addition, four of the couple's fellow parishioners were charged with assaulting the teenager's younger brother on Sunday at the Word of Life Church in Chadwicks, New York, about 50 miles (80 km) east of Syracuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kHe_I5MSUUU

"Word of Life Church" Eh? Turned out to be "Word of Death" for that poor chap.

It's the 21st century, FFS! (though ironically, we still even base our "dating system" from an alleged "supernatural" event.)

I was promised a hoverboard, by now.
Religions are primitive and backward-looking. These are dangerous beliefs.
I'd much prefer to move forwards.
As ever, JMO
 kj521
Msg: 161
The POPE
Posted: 10/18/2015 8:42:26 AM
"Nonetheless, those who claim to have seen themselves "outside their body" and witness things that they could not have otherwise known was being said or was happening to them, is something that will remain an unexplained mystery to us."

Perhaps, Mr. Yule_liquor....and perhaps not....as the new field of quantum biology emerges. :)
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 162
The POPE
Posted: 10/18/2015 10:11:19 AM
at #196

Hallucinations, both visual and auditory, can happen at almost any time, even when the brain is running 'normally', and being supplied with blood, nutrients, and oxygen.

They may be happening in yours, but Hallucinations do NOT happen in a normally functioning brain
They happen when the brain function is altered or disrupted such as with drug effects; illnesses, sleep/nutritional deprivation, chemical imbalances, etc.

There is a world of difference between brain dysfunction (or malfunction) that can result in hallucinations
and that of near brain death (due to lack of oxygen or blood flow) where one loses consciousness altogether.

The issue of misperceptions (by our senses) is a result of insufficient data intake or processing.
The notion that hallucinations happen "almost any time" in a normal functioning brain is self delusional at best; idiotic at worst!
 daynadaze
Msg: 163
view profile
History
The POPE
Posted: 10/18/2015 10:46:27 AM
People will make up just about anything to prove what they believe to be true. It's actually very easy to fool yourself, and to get others to believe it also.
 Jo van
Msg: 164
The POPE
Posted: 10/18/2015 1:09:27 PM

They may be happening in yours, but Hallucinations do NOT happen in a normally functioning brain

Oh dear...
Did I say "normally functioning brain"..?
No.
What I said was "even when the brain is running 'normally', and being supplied with blood, nutrients, and oxygen."
As in "is being fueled in the normal way", and not dying/shutting-down, due to oxygen deprivation.

They happen when the brain function is altered or disrupted such as with drug effects; illnesses, sleep/nutritional deprivation, chemical imbalances, etc.

Yes, they can happen for a wide variety of reasons

There is a world of difference between brain dysfunction (or malfunction) that can result in hallucinations
and that of near brain death (due to lack of oxygen or blood flow) where one loses consciousness altogether.

Is there?
A lack of oxygen or blood flow will cause "brain dysfunction (or malfunction) that can result in hallucinations."
So where's the "world of difference"?

The issue of misperceptions (by our senses) is a result of insufficient data intake or processing.

Our senses don't perform any "misperceptions", at all -the brain does that, in it's "processing".

The notion that hallucinations happen "almost any time" in a normal functioning brain is self delusional at best; idiotic at worst!

There's no need to be rude!!

However, hallucinations are not only associated with illness but can also occur in healthy individuals.

(My emphasis)
Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience.
On the neurobiology of hallucinations.
Patricia Boksa, PhD
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2702442/

Still, you know best...
Why not drop her a line.?
 deetristate
Msg: 165
The POPE
Posted: 10/18/2015 3:59:55 PM
“An atheist is someone who sees God’s existence as being very implausible.

An antitheist (or New Atheist, militant atheist, atheistic fundamentalist…) is an atheist believing that all religions ought to disappear and that it is morally permissible (if not mandatory) to use ridicule, mockery and emotional bullying to destroy the faith of all religious believers.”

There is a lot of discussion about this online.

One interesting analysis

""""''1) The overwhelming majority of anti-theists have had a traumatic experience with one or several religions. In most cases they were raised as fundamentalists.

2) All things being equal, the strength of their materialist belief and intolerance towards other views is proportional to the amount of abuse and suffering they underwent in the past due to a religion.

3) All other things being equal, a bullying anti-theist is more likely to have always had a bullying personality to begin with,
There are many former fundamentalists who have become atheists without having taken on a hateful rhetoric.

Michael Shermer and Johny Scaramanga are two nice examples.

4) The intensity of the hostile and disrespectful rhetoric of a militant atheist is inversely proportional to the intellectual strength of his or her arguments."""

AsI said in an earlier post, I get the trauma one must have had. That's why you don't argue with them.
 aj7125
Msg: 166
The POPE
Posted: 10/18/2015 6:00:32 PM
If people don't believe, that is their right. For me, I do definitely believe in God. What is "making up something" is defined by some, for many others it is not.
 BigBadNIrish
Msg: 167
The POPE
Posted: 10/18/2015 6:09:26 PM

An antitheist (or New Atheist, militant atheist, atheistic fundamentalist…)

All snarky terms to describe someone who doesn't believe as you do about religion.

The overwhelming majority of anti-theists have had a traumatic experience with one or several religions

I've read this meme before and have yet to see it associated with any study or statistical data. In otherwords, opinions are like azzholes, everyones got one.

All things being equal, the strength of their materialist belief and intolerance towards other views is proportional to the amount of abuse and suffering they underwent in the past due to a religion.

See the last comment...it continues that there is no actual study or statistical data to support such claim.

All other things being equal, a bullying anti-theist is more likely to have always had a bullying personality to begin with,

How ironic. A Christian bully calling others bullies.

I get the trauma one must have had. That's why you don't argue with them.

So, rather than argue wioth them you just chose to put them down for their beliefs.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 168
view profile
History
The POPE
Posted: 10/18/2015 7:06:14 PM
I would consider myself an atheist although i have no problem at others finding comfort in a religion. In Scotland a mixed marriage was never black and white it was catholic and protestant.

Like northern ireland though scotland is wracked with sectarianism (particularly lanarhshire, ayrshire, the west in general and small towns in central scotland). They have police outside the catholic and protestant secondary schools (which are next door to each other) due to the fighting that takes place. Scotland also played a big part in the reformation with john knox giving it laldy.

Personally i think schools should be inclusive and religion practiced at home. Youngsters who play together get sent to different schools and then the rot sets in.

There used to be a satirical show in the uk called spitting image.

My god is bigger than your god (featuring bill clinton)

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=bRwXrcz-F9M

And from spitting image again. The aethiest choir

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ryWVRS4aehM
 villabolos
Msg: 169
The POPE
Posted: 10/19/2015 6:21:21 AM
irish attacks Dee because she is a woman who doesn't tow the line of the democratic party. Even more than that,she is a black woman who doesn't tow the line of the democratic party. That to him is just an unimaginable thought.
I wonder if he would still consider his best friend his best friend if he found out he was voting for Donald Trump.

An atheist here in the U.S. has never been forced to go to Church. An atheist has never been forced to open up a Bible or attend a Bible study at a local Church. They have never been forced to attend a funeral in a Church. Nobody has ever said they have to attend a wedding being held in a Church. The gov't has never said they are going to have to pay an "atheist tax". On Christmas Day, as sad as this is, there are plenty of places open where they can go shop. IF Jehovah's Witness shows up at their front door, they have every right to close the door in their face.
But yet, there are people who anytime anything with Christianity comes up, it sets them off. They are so determined to try and argue with a Christian and convince them of their way of thinking.
Why??
My opinion is they are constantly trying to convince themselves what they are doing and saying is right. ...they are rationalizing their behavior.

CHristianity may be dying in Europe and even here in the U.S. It's spreading like crazy though in other parts of the world - especially in the Asian countries.
When you renounce your faith, another one always moves in. That's what is happening in Europe. I have seen some pictures of ISIS throwing gay people off roofs in Iraq. I remember the muslims who hacked to death the unarmed British s0ldier in Great Britain a couple years ago. The middle east is deep into conflict. It's not just because of Obama and Bush. In Nigeria, it's constant violence and killing between muslims and Christians. Even in muslim countries, they are constantly killing each other.
To think that ...oh, we are all just like alike. One big happy family...that's a terribly naive thought process.
Pope Benedict was exactly right when he said islam preaches their religion by the end of their sword.

********************************************************************************
Yet, even in this world, it is hard to recall a civilization that rejected its God, repudiated the faith and morality by which it grew great, embraced what was previously regarded as decadence, and survived.
- Pat Buchanan
 kj521
Msg: 170
The POPE
Posted: 10/19/2015 10:06:48 AM
So....a Muslim, a Jew, a Christian, a couple of Athesists and an Agnostic walk into a bar....

Oh! Wait! This isn't a joke.
That was my girls night out a couple of weeks ago. :D

I really don't see why different religions and non believers can't just get along....
 Maleman999
Msg: 171
The POPE
Posted: 10/19/2015 11:26:29 AM

I really don't see why different religions and non believers can't just get along....

For the most part in western nations, people with different beliefs do get along. There are anti-hate laws in most places, and people are free to practice whatever religion (or non-religion) they want. It's just the occasional racist hot-heads that grab headlines when they get stupid. That's a big contrast to some of the fanatically religious countries in other parts of the world where religion is the government, that promotes hatred of other religions. I don't see the wars and skirmishes between Israel and the surrounding non-Jewish countries ever ending. There have been countless efforts at peace talks for decades, but neither side will budge on compromises (much like a bad marriage). They will always hate each other, and would rather kill each other for eternity than have peace. I always found it very hypocritical when a religion promotes hatred and sees nothing wrong with killing people who practice a different religion, or torturing and imprisoning citizens who are rumored to say or do something that might be considered detrimental to the religion.
 Jo van
Msg: 172
The POPE
Posted: 10/19/2015 11:29:57 AM

“An atheist is someone who sees God’s existence as being very implausible.

Which (singular) "god"..?
There are many. It all depends on where you happened to be born.
Theists or believers also believe that other religion's "god or gods" are "very implausible".

An antitheist (or New Atheist, militant atheist, atheistic fundamentalist…) is an atheist believing that all religions ought to disappear and that it is morally permissible (if not mandatory) to use ridicule, mockery and emotional bullying to destroy the faith of all religious believers.”

Whereas religions think that atheists, "heretics", and "apostates" should disappear, and that it is morally permissible (if not mandatory) to use imprisonment, torture, executions, stonings, floggings, crucifictions, beheadings, conquests and mass genocide to destroy any non-believers in their faith.
I know which I prefer.

One interesting analysis

""""''1) The overwhelming majority of anti-theists have had a traumatic experience with one or several religions. In most cases they were raised as fundamentalists.

2) All things being equal, the strength of their materialist belief and intolerance towards other views is proportional to the amount of abuse and suffering they underwent in the past due to a religion.

Gosh Dee, that is an "interesting analysis"
The "overwhelming majority" eh.? And "in most cases". It all sounds very well-researched.
Wow.
In my country, I think that about 40% of people now identify as "no religion", though they might not all be actual atheists.
That's about 24 million people here.
And if (as you so knowledgeably claim) The "overwhelming majority" have suffered abuse and/or "trauma" at the hands of religions.
That's an awful lot of abuse.
And you say that "in most cases they were raised as fundamentalists."???
So more than 12.5 million people here were raised as fundamentalists?
It sounds like religion is even more of a malign influence, than even I previously imagined.

Why would anyone argue in support of something which (according to your excellent "statistics") have caused so much harm, and so much suffering, to such a large proportion of the currently living population?
Can you think of anything good they've done, to 'offset' all that damage?

3) All other things being equal, a bullying anti-theist is more likely to have always had a bullying personality to begin with,
There are many former fundamentalists who have become atheists without having taken on a hateful rhetoric.

Michael Shermer and Johny Scaramanga are two nice examples.

I don't know who those people are, and I'm not going to look.
"Bullying" fundamentalist religious believers have executed, tortured, and burned people alive, for daring to criticise religion.
Currently, they have driven about 5 million people from their homes, and they execute, rape, imprison and enslave in the name of their beliefs.
I really don't think that some words typed on a computer screen, usually quite politely, and always in the context of discussions about religion, are even in the 'same league' on the "bullying" scale.

Note that all of the abuse and 'ad hominems' (like your entire post) have come from 'believers', who always get angry, and take any (/my) criticism or opinions about something which is most definitely not them, personally.

4) The intensity of the hostile and disrespectful rhetoric of a militant atheist is inversely proportional to the intellectual strength of his or her arguments."""

Wow. "inversely proportional" does sound really "intellectually strong", and 'sciencey'.

But the real "intellectual strength" of any argument really lies in the verifiable evidence, and facts, which support it.
Religions simply present their "beliefs" as "facts", and then offer absolutely no evidence to support them.
They then interpret any reluctance to believe in those things, - for which there's absolutely no evidence, as "hostility" and/or "disrespect". It's dishonest.

It usually goes something like:
Atheist: "How do you know that "god" exists?"
Believer: "Because it says so, right there in the bible"
Atheist: "And why do you believe the bible?"
Believer: "Because the bible is the word of god"
And repeat.

AsI said in an earlier post, I get the trauma one must have had. That's why you don't argue with them.

Every one of us, both believers and non-believers alike, has/will have suffered trauma.
And, contrary to your claims, not all of it is at the hands of religious fundamentalists.
( Actually, they're not so much "fun", but a whole load of "mentalists"! -See what I did there?)
That's the nature of life.

And the real reason why you don't argue, is because it's (atheist) facts against (theist) fictions.
Just like your above, ridiculous, unattributed alleged "statistics" are.
A fiction.
An entirely ''Ad hominem fallacy" fiction, made-up by some bloke, somewhere on the internet, who's clearly losing an argument.

You, as a"christian" believer/defender, also believe that all other religions are "wrong".
Hindus, Sikhs, Muslims, Buddhists, Taoists, Zoroastrians, Moonies, Scientologists, Cargo Cults, and all the rest.
They all believe that yours is "wrong" too. Just like I do.
I believe they're all wrong.

The only difference between your beliefs, and mine, is that I think that just one more religion is wrong, than you do.
With over 4,000 different religions,
I'd say that was pretty close.

I don't need to speculate on why you think those things, or on what sort of a person you are, or even on what sort of a person, I think you are, or your background etc..
It's all irrelevant.
I just answer what you post, and address only that.
hth
 deetristate
Msg: 173
The POPE
Posted: 10/19/2015 12:05:24 PM
Well, actually, you don't know what I personally believe or not.
(Psst. Just plug into Google and you can read the sources of all quoted and determine what is interesting to you.)
I will send an email to the authors I have quoted letting them know the thoughts of you and others. They may find it interesting. I do.
 marysunshine02
Msg: 174
The POPE
Posted: 10/19/2015 1:21:09 PM

Well, actually, you don't know what I personally believe or not.
(Psst. Just plug into Google and you can read the sources of all quoted and determine what is interesting to you.)
I will send an email to the authors I have quoted letting them know the thoughts of you and others. They may find it interesting. I do.

Maybe you could just learn how to quote other posters properly, cite your sources when "quoting" from Google searches like any normal smart person would do. We don't know if your dumb comments are your dumb comments, someone else's' dumb comments or your intelligent comments (rare) or someone else's ntelligent comments (rare). You've been here long enough to learn how to use the quote feature.
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 175
The POPE
Posted: 10/19/2015 2:53:49 PM

Maybe you could just learn how to quote other posters properly, cite your sources when "quoting" from Google searches like any normal smart person would do. We don't know if your dumb comments are your dumb comments, someone else's' dumb comments or your intelligent comments (rare) or someone else's ntelligent comments (rare). You've been here long enough to learn how to use the quote feature.

She knows all this. She doesn't choose to abide by the conventions and/or use tools available that make it easier to be understood. I think it operates like this: if one tries, and one isn't liked, then it's one's own fault. If one is abrasive and "what looks like lazy"--then, if one isn't liked, it isn't *them*, it's methodology. This board has several posters who operate this way, but everywhere I've been on the innernets has had at least one. I have once or twice seen it resolve on its own--poster concerned manned up, and community accepted that. Lets hope.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The POPE