Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Farewell POF.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 26
Farewell POF. Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Farewell.
 CheezePissa
Msg: 27
Farewell POF.
Posted: 12/2/2015 9:08:33 AM

I wish people could have seen or knew how great these forums were.

I agree. If only more pizza instead of pop corn was distributed during the big arguments.
 Pheonix55
Msg: 28
Farewell POF.
Posted: 4/4/2016 8:01:37 PM
I just got back on here after a long leave of absence... I loved how everyone got along with each other, it was a great escape from every day life... there are many who are gone now, but really made a difference in my life... I don't know who you are, but I can see why you left... once and awhile you have one or two that disrupt the flow and it's a shame... because its really a great place... the founders of this site, probably had no idea of the impression it would make on a lot of people... I don't believe there is or will ever be a forum, such as this... great people with so many great opinions, not to mention, what gifted poets...

Black Knight
DragonN
Sam
Ticketoride
Longte
Crossfade

and the rest...
 BeyondtheMatrix
Msg: 29
Farewell POF.
Posted: 7/23/2016 2:09:16 PM

This forum all but saved my life when I first got here, and now it's been driven into near non-existence.
IgorFrankensteen

I've had two profiles over ten years, and I've noticed several things. One of the most significant changes is not so much what is free or not free, but the deterioration in people's profiles.

For instance, and this is just one example, although I could cite a great many, as I log on right now there are five or six profile pictures above, with the headlines below the pictures. Here are the headlines of the five above me at the moment, as they are written:

"Ask"
"Just ask"
"Asked"
"You know the drill"
"Don't care"
"Ask away"

That's . . . not how it was when I first joined. There is something going wrong with people's attitude, and it is reflected in sites like these. I know this has been covered before, but it's just my ten cents' worth.

There was one woman, from Idaho, I think she was, about eight years ago, whose profile was absolutely stunning. No, she herself was a plain-looking woman and she said so in her profile, but her writing was like something from a private journal belonging to Jane Eyre or Emily Bronte. It was remarkable. I wonder where she is now. I hope she has found peace and happiness, which we all seek in our different ways.

Meantime, "Just ask" seems to be about the maximum juice you can squeeze from some of these profiles. It's not a lot to go on. I just flick over them in droves. Just ask, in my opinion, is pure laziness. Also, when someone says "If I write it all here we'll have nothing to talk about," that's another cop-out, and it's becoming more and more frequent.

Take care, everyone.

- Peter
 Seki1949
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Farewell POF.
Posted: 3/9/2018 3:25:29 AM
Boy, this thread is Old Home Week. So many are gone from here; I hope all are well.

Aussie Nancy where-ever you are: In a Big Country, Stay Alive...
 julystorm7
Msg: 31
Farewell POF.
Posted: 4/2/2018 2:14:47 PM
It's a shame this forum got faded. I have been a member on forums before and I was quite an avid poster on them. All those forums were tv show forums so eventually the forums faded with the cancellations of the tv shows involved. I used to be so excited to respond to peoples' posts and come up with threads myself. Makes me sad because really its an artificial world that will disappear just like that.
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Farewell POF.