Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Finding that someone special who I would actually want to have a futu      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mnfuntimes
Msg: 24
Finding that someone special who I would actually want to have a future with (Profile Review) Part 1Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

OMG. No one is going to read all that. I would hit "next" really quickly. For example, list "I like music" instead of listing every damn artist you like. A profile like that makes you look odd instead of interesting.

Is all music and art is the same? This could be a discussion in itself 19 floors down that may be laughed at. Would you prefer someone to list a few artists they like rather than just putting art/music as their interest? Some people hate a certain type of music and would not date someone because of that. Or make a special night …. For example, I had a date that took me to the “Blue Man Group” that was quite special to both of us. Yes obviously she had read my profile. Now a person could take me to a “Twisted Sister” or “Teletubbies” concert as punishment.
I’m not going to defend this profile because I do want you guys to tear it apart.
Well anyways going to have some gym therapy.
 ScooterSB
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Finding that someone special who I would actually want to have a future with (Profile Review) Part 1
Posted: 11/6/2015 3:32:18 PM
TL;DR

(Too Long, Didn't Read)

It is far far too long, you are asking a huge amount of any woman to read all that, especially as so much of it is meaningless or filler. Cut it down by at least 50% if you want to even stand a chance of dating anyone any time soon.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 26
Finding that someone special who I would actually want to have a future with (Profile Review) Part 1
Posted: 11/6/2015 4:40:07 PM
I am truly sorry but I too TL;DR.

I personally hate profiles of this sort. It is just not funny at all and some of it borders on insulting the reader's intelligence. I think you are scaring them off. And please don't take this too personally but you are too PLAID. Don't you have another shirt to wear? You'd look a lot better in work casual instead of the touristy look. In case that is not clear enough, I don't like any of your photos. An advanced degree and all those pics at the Snoopy Farm are just not painting you as a 'funguy'. Weird maybe, or in a league all your own and not in a good way. You need to date here on Earth, not in your imagination.

Please forgive me, you are probably a very nice guy and I bet I'd love having an adult convo with you but the whole thing has me running the other way. Did you change ANYTHING from when you got your first reviews? Anything?

What is your profession anyway? I won't tell......
 Pocketsizeninja
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2015 6:03:35 PM
Hi Mark,

I'm having a hard time working out if you're actually on here just trolling!

I'm a fan of long profiles and I DID read it all, but it looks like you've gone for a satirical side-swipe at unhappy dating/relationship clichés, but instead ended up with something that looks like a monstrous montage of snippets from pre-break up arguments seasoned with a sprinkle of misogyny. I'd be tempted to delete everything from the 6th line onwards, up to the bit about the rescue dog.

There doesn't seem to be much that gives a clear indication of who you are, much positivity, or what a great guy you are to be around. Maybe a change in approach might help?
 Forums_only
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/6/2015 7:38:35 PM

I’m not going to defend this profile because I do want you guys to tear it apart.

We can tear 'til the cows come home but unless you're going to actually make substantial changes I'm not wasting any more energy trying to figure out what you're really doing in this Forum. I truly don't believe you physically can do it for whatever reason.

Good luck.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/7/2015 3:25:26 AM
I read it this morning and all I can say is that it is truly one long misogynistic rant about the quality of women's profiles and maybe of the women who have had the temerity to contact YOU, and you are calling them out for not being what YOU want. With a profile like that I'd be surprised you get any responses at all, and I don't believe any woman has knowingly contacted you for anything other than to see if there is a person behind it, i.e. it's a joke profile.

I'd nominate you for a Darwin award but I see (with alarm) that you have already produced progeny. Hopefully they take after mom.

We are all volunteers here and I for one won't ever knowingly review your profile again. We don't critique rants. If you hate it here so much then don't use POF, mkay?
 call_me_tater
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/7/2015 12:56:56 PM
Why are you back?
You know it's terrible and not getting you messages or dates, but yet here it is in all its glory.
You must be very proud of this masterpiece....
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/7/2015 1:34:31 PM
^^^^^^

(And don't call me Surly!)

OP is ignoring us, I checked and he has been online at least today if not all of the says since he has posted and he did not stop in and thank us for helping him. I bet he has a double inguinal from hauling that huge profile around...........
 ndm147
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/7/2015 2:45:47 PM
When I am feeling down and blue I come to forums for comic relief!
 ndm147
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/7/2015 2:56:54 PM
One of his "interests" is coconut oil. Is that our choice of the week for lube?!
 mnfuntimes
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/11/2015 7:13:26 AM
So here is another shot on this. I would imagine this is still too long for some.
Do you think I should dummy down my education for a wider audience? I would imagine my writing shows that I am educated in some sort anyways?
I am still working on the interest part of this profile. It’s hard for me to limit my interests but I am trying for the sake of this “smart phone” thing. Kind of ironic don’t you think?
The “Coconut Oil” is non-negotiable. I promised a woman who asked me to put this on my profile to remember her by. And if you know anything about me, I keep my promises.
Well got to run.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/11/2015 7:29:38 AM
I find it hysterically funny that with this profile, you focus on your education as being the problem.
Quite delusional, sir.
Thanks for my laugh of the morning!
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/11/2015 7:42:09 AM
MNFunTimes...my easy-to-implement suggestion would be to remove these "fluff" interests below.
Discarding just these alone will shorten your profile. Listing breathing as an "interest" is absurd.

Healthy relationships
Time
Coconut Oil -- your "female friend" will get over it
Having fun
Music
Learning
Time Travel
Investing
Exploring new areas
Crocodile wrestling -- silly
Thunderstorms
Breathing -it gets me through the day -- there is no alternative
Living the Life we all dream about -- think of this section more like "hobbies" you can share together
Whatever two consenting adults can think of -- unnecessary and way too forward

Eric_Summit
Msg: 37
Posted: 11/11/2015 7:50:49 AM

From MNFunTimes dating profile:
"...She appears to be between 21 and 99 years old, but may appear younger than her age. She at least 2''7" (I am 5'9"'), not a bbw, but doesn't live at the gym either. Yes, I do have standards. She has high-maintenance looks with a down-to-earth attitude, values, and personality. She loves rock & roll and may be found at concerts. I have conflicting reports that she's either a blonde or a brunette, but I am pretty sure she has hair. She's intelligent with her own career and not dependent on someone to support her. If this person can be found, I can offer a reward of lifetime devotion of fun, long, slow kisses that last for days, midnight massages, a partner that loves to cook and doesn't mind sharing in the household chores, someone to wash your back, a shoulder to lean on, and someone who will hold you at night..."

REMOVE all of this content. You are seeking a meeting...that's it.
It is too early to talk about multi-day slow kisses and midnight massages.
Plus, you will likely not be dating women in their 20s, 30s, or 40s.
 Chromis1
Msg: 38
view profile
History
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/11/2015 8:22:38 AM
Chromis1...your commentary is typically insightful, accurate, good-natured, and helpful.
While I did not see your comment prior to redaction it would have undoubtedly been beneficial.
 Chromis1
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2015 9:35:42 AM
Thanks, Eric, but ... haha ... not necessarily in this instance.
 Forums_only
Msg: 41
Posted: 11/11/2015 1:49:33 PM
You still don't have a shoulders up smiling well-lit head shot.
You still have too many silly Interests wasting space in that field.
You still have too much irrelevent fluff in your profile.

Educated people will know how illiterate this is:

I would imagine my writing shows that I am educated in some sort anyways?
 irishgirl772
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/11/2015 2:56:19 PM

irrelevant fluff

Alot of the profile is cut and pasted from other profiles or from profile writing articles. Ive read the 'lost my smile' bit and 'Id hate to bore you' nonsense lines in dozens of other profiles. Your writing shows you can copy what someone else wrote.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 43
Posted: 11/13/2015 10:34:13 AM
Too bad that MNFunTimes opted to delete his POF profile.
It was just a few modifications away from being a masterpiece.
Oh well, onto the next Profile Review thread.
 call_me_tater
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/13/2015 11:55:07 AM
Perhaps it was the observation that he cribbed it off the internet?

I will miss him.
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > Finding that someone special who I would actually want to have a future with (Profile Review) Part 1