Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > substantiated excessive use of force by police      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 26
substantiated excessive use of force by policePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers". . . .
I said, "Scissors. . . . . .I win!"
and drove off.
 crookcatcher
Msg: 27
substantiated excessive use of force by police
Posted: 10/3/2015 4:01:59 AM

and drove off.

Wait just a minute now......chapter 2 paragraph 3 of the State Drivers Manual specifically states that if paper results in scissors on the first attempt, a second round shall be initiated at the discretion of said officer. You obviously failed to comply ladyinred....so your license to engage in rock, paper, scissors is administratively revoked! ;)
 funchesf
Msg: 28
Posted: 10/3/2015 5:19:54 AM

Posted By: Ladyinred4755
and drove off.

saiding Scissors to a police officer is considered a threat and a clear and present danger and immediately places the officer in fear of their life ....you're lucky you didn't get blown away
 crookcatcher
Msg: 29
Posted: 10/3/2015 5:54:52 AM

you're lucky you didn't get blown away

Oh...such drama! You've been taking lessons from the media! Well done. :)

There you have it.....proof that no matter the levity of the moment.....
 474bluemoon
Msg: 30
Posted: 10/3/2015 6:13:51 AM
For anyone who watches the Big Bang Theory TV show knows it's - rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 31
Posted: 10/3/2015 7:20:55 AM

You obviously failed to comply ladyinred.

LOL NOW I know! No wonder the officer gives me the "stink eye" when I pass him, now.

...........lucky you didn't get blown away

How many times must a man look up
Before he can see the sky?
How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?

The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind
The answer is blowing in the wind

LOL Totally forgot ............lizard, spock. ? Which trumps, which?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2015 8:06:36 AM
I think the APPEARANCE of class distinction signals is probably more important in all this.

Prejudice is simpler in a lot of ways than we've been accidentally encouraged to recognize, especially by the people most earnestly working to oppose it.

A pure racist will see only your skin coloration when dealing with you. But those kinds of people are actually relatively rare. Much more common, is that people (and police are people, believe it or not) have a complicated array of a lot of little prejudices and assumptions that they build up over their lives, all of which play a part in the snap judgments they make about how to deal with you.

In times, places, and in cultures where it became popular to dress in a manner that triggered authorities to think "thug," or "offender" when they see you, violence from police has always been high. Combine a rebellious, anti-authority culture with a generally low income environment, and violence always tends to increase. More of it happens in ghettos and trailer parks, because of all those factors colliding, rather than because people born in those environments are naturally nasty people.

Something to look for (not saying it's perfectly true)...

When a seeming exception to the usual abuse happens, such as a wealthy person getting mistreated, notice what alternate "prejudice triggers" were set off. Were they in an environment suggesting that they were just a well-dressed drug dealer? Were they being royal jerks to the authorities BECAUSE they were rich egotists? Were they dealing with an officer who had themselves always thought that anyone with lots of money deserves to be taken down a notch?
 chameleonf
Msg: 33
Posted: 10/3/2015 8:32:45 AM
So true, Igor. My own brother was a cop for 35 years and I know his prejudices first hand. I often wondered how they may manifest themselves out on the street.
 congupnaroad
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2015 12:44:12 AM

Yes...she is Ms. Dee.

And....I even say that word, too. :/

******walking away with my head hanging in shame. :(

And what do you call a 12 yo Blonde internet troll that comes up with something intelligent to say?

Answer=A Miracle!
 crookcatcher
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/4/2015 2:01:27 AM

And what do you call a 12 yo Blonde internet troll that comes up with something intelligent to say?

Answer=A Miracle!

Golly...:) You're absolutely lost without Frank and Joe aren't ya?

What would you call an internet troll that would even suggest that she's twelve?

Answer= probably on a sex offender registry
 kj521
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/4/2015 7:46:08 AM
"And what do you call a 12 yo Blonde internet troll that comes up with something intelligent to say?

Answer=A Miracle!"

I see what you are doing here, Rob. And I am flattered, truly.
But I am sorry. I really don't think we would be a good match.

You need a woman without cats! Good luck in your search! :D
 funchesf
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/4/2015 7:57:10 AM

Posted By: crookcatcher
Oh...such drama! You've been taking lessons from the media! Well done. :)

There you have it.....proof that no matter the levity of the moment.....

How Rude

jeez crookcatcher, why couldn't my post about the police "blowing away the driver" also be regarded as adding to the levity of the moment,....so now why don't you add to the levity of the moment by claiming that incidents like that never take place and give the forum a good laugh

Posted By: Ladyinred4755
The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind
The answer is blowing in the wind

The answer my friend, is blowing them away on a whim
The answer is blowing them away on a whim

Posted By: IgorFrankensteen
I think the APPEARANCE of class distinction signals is probably more important in all this.

I think first one has to wonder why a person would want to become a police officer, you look in the classified ads and it's a job opening for someone that don't mind shooting, beating, tasing and pepper spraying citizens, to even consider taking such a job one's sociopathic tendencies have to be far above the norm
 crookcatcher
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/4/2015 8:07:38 AM

How Rude

jeez crookcatcher, why couldn't my post about the police "blowing away the driver" also be regarded as adding to the levity of the moment,....so now why don't you add to the levity of the moment by claiming that incidents like that never take place and give the forum a good laugh

Rude? Now that's classic. Let's play I'm a victim?

I'll leave the forum's laughter to your posts, seems appropriate. :)
 deetristate
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/4/2015 10:07:35 AM
That whole "play victim" response is getting as old,meaningless, and ineffective as "sexist," "tin foil hat," "teapuppet," "racist" and "homophobe."

Let's try some new verbiage. How about it, everyone?
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 40
Posted: 10/4/2015 11:10:01 AM
^ I pick "specists". They're everywhere. They will only date humans. And some of them become cops. The harassment a dog is subjected to every time it gets behind the wheel of a car is very telling.
 baconflavoredbacon
Msg: 41
Posted: 10/4/2015 11:38:34 AM
"baconhaters."

That's a compelling one.

Not new, but it should have a firm place in the lexicon of hate.
 funchesf
Msg: 42
Posted: 10/4/2015 1:26:05 PM

Posted By: crookcatcher
Rude? Now that's classic. Let's play I'm a victim?

jeez crookcatcher...saying "How Rude" is just another way of adding Levity ...for someone such as yourself that's probably carrying a loaded weapon in public without a chaperone ..you need to learn to chill out ...you're "PTSD-ing" too much and only proving the point of the thread

I'll leave the forum's laughter to your posts, seems appropriate. :)

yes, I think that would be best
 DameWrite
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2015 10:07:09 PM

I think first one has to wonder why a person would want to become a police officer, you look in the classified ads and it's a job opening for someone that don't mind shooting, beating, tasing and pepper spraying citizens, to even consider taking such a job one's sociopathic tendencies have to be far above the norm

exactly.

IF, you wanted to help, the last thing you need is a bunch of bureaucracy, weapons, spaztik co-workers, wierd hours etc. and a bunch of orders that put you in a situation where you can't THINK in the moment for what is RIGHT (and have to answer to someone risking your job and rep ).

Those that choose power to "help" choose not to think for themselves or work with what may be an answer .

A real cop would make sure he doesn't have the job of policing.
 DameWrite
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2015 10:13:18 PM
A REAL cop would demand that he or she gets to protect the PEOPLE.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > substantiated excessive use of force by police