Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Thoughts on attractive men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Chromis1
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Thoughts on attractive menPage 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

the only person on the forums with a hot car is pretty tall.

Huh-uh. The only person on the forums who talks about his hot car is pretty tall.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Thoughts on attractive men
Posted: 1/19/2016 5:16:36 PM

Wow. Just what we all need, a short and fat penis - and a Corvette. And boobies full of azz fat.

AaaaaaHahahahaha!
 gtomustang
Msg: 236
Thoughts on attractive men with fanny fat fluffing their phallus
Posted: 1/19/2016 5:23:51 PM
" There's no correlation between physical attractiveness and character, intelligence and kindness. I don't know who comes up with this stuff"

>>>Generally, its people who aren't very sure what "success" really is. Usually immature people with little experience in life, regardless of their age. So, they will conclude that good looks, or wealth, or physical strength, or something else must be a sign that someone is a success. Or they have little experience in what "Good character" really means, so they figure someone who is attractive enough to get noticed by the general populace, must have it. Or if someone was really smart, they'd have figured out how to have enough money for a big house and an expensive car.

short people live longer b/c they are further from the sun's cancerous rays, and as Hawkie will tell you they never risk catching an STD b/c no one ever dates them, but they tend to go blind b/c of all the dangling cigarettes they ran into (hey, i'm sure I read that last part somewhere. I think)
 gfe0787
Msg: 237
Posted: 1/19/2016 7:20:54 PM
An attractive guy is an attractive guy. Sure, I'll look. If he starts a convo, I'll go along with it. I don't generalize- it's on a case by case basis lol. Can't judge someone on appearance without interacting with them. Do I seek them out? No. Is attractive a requirement for me to date someone? Nah. I'm open to all types- it all depends if the guy is nice to me.
 south_city
Msg: 238
Posted: 1/20/2016 7:16:09 AM

I've always heard this but it definitely doesn't apply to me. Why are men into looks and women are not? It makes no sense, why would women want an ugly dude? I'm a woman and I'm into looks. I find it very odd as a statement and probably untrue in most cases.

Regardless of gender, most people care about looks. But some people will put more emphasis on looks compared to others. Some people will date an okay looking person with a great personality. While others will only date someone that is extremely physically attractive.

It is just the way it is for me as an individual. Chemistry doesn't happen for me "down the line".

There is a difference between physical attraction and chemistry. Physical attraction can be determined right away and it can't change over time. Unless there is a major physical change to someone such as weight loss. However there often isn't instant chemistry on a first date / meeting because 2 people are virtual strangers or at least 1 person is a little bit shy or nervous at first. Barring any obvious dealbreakers, I think chemistry can sometimes develop over time as I get to know someone better.
 Maleman999
Msg: 239
Posted: 1/20/2016 8:10:25 AM

I think chemistry can sometimes develop over time as I get to know someone better.

But then the question is: How much time do you allow for chemistry to develop if it isn't there at the beginning? If you go on 10 dates and chemistry hasn't developed by then, do you think date 11 could be the time chemistry develops, or date 12, 13, etc? At what point do you throw in the towel and realize chemistry will never happen if it isn't instantaneous?

But on the same token, I'm not a strong believer in instant chemistry, when two strangers are meeting for the first time. The only thing you can determine right away is if there is physical attraction. That's all that's needed for a hook up/one night stand, but anything more substantial will require more face-to-face time, and chemistry should happen fairly quickly by then.
 gtomustang
Msg: 240
Posted: 1/20/2016 8:21:53 AM
I suspect there are cases where if two people are together long enough (ie coworkers who might have a little feeling of intimacy, or someone who keeps dating the same person b/c there's no better choices in their small town, et cetera), something that seems like "Chemistry" develops...tho it might really be "i get along better with this person than anyone else in my life right now, screw it, let's try it out".

or maybe that can be condensed down to, "good enough".
 dragonbytes
Msg: 241
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2016 8:23:23 AM

Huh-uh. The only person on the forums who talks about his hot car is pretty tall.

I never did get the reason women think men like hot women and hot cars as some sort of status symbol. Status symbols is more a woman thing.

Ask 100 men if they would rather own a free Porsche/ dodge challenger hellcat or Volvo / Prius, 70% will pick the hot car.
 ohenryx
Msg: 242
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2016 9:05:10 AM

dragonbytes
I never did get the reason women think men like hot women and hot cars as some sort of status symbol. Status symbols is more a woman thing.

Ask 100 men if they would rather own a free Porsche/ dodge challenger hellcat or Volvo / Prius, 70% will pick the hot car.

db, I think you need to elaborate on the above post. Paragraph 2 seems to contradict paragraph 1?

I myself do not think of a hot woman as a status symbol. It is just something that I desire intensely, something that I obsess over, something that occupies my mind during most of my waking hours.

Admittedly, not as much as when I was younger. I probably spent 90% of my waking hours obsessing over hot women, it’s amazing that I ever got through school and was able to hold a job. These day, much less, oh, say 80% of my waking hours! (Just kidding, just kidding)

When it comes to owning a Porsche, I don’t think they make an automobile that I could fit in comfortably. I could easily own one (well, a used one!), but I would not be comfortable driving it, and I have better things to spend my money on (see previous statement about hot women).

On Edit: On a more serious note, I do believe that you are correct about status symbols being more of a woman thing. At least among the younger crowd. Young women seem to gain a lot of status with their friends (girl friends) based on whom she is dating.

Edit 2: From below, yes, I have met more ugly women with vile personalities. But then again, some of the very best, most kind, most caring women that I have known have been average or below in appearance. I also try to treat people as individuals, but I will admit that when out dancing, the better looking women are much more likely to get up and dance with you.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 243
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2016 9:08:15 AM
There seems to be a clear link between attractive men and higher than average intelligence.

Though highly intelligent (genius level) people also tend to be have low agreeableness and low conscientiousness.

I have met more ugly women that had really vile personalities than beautiful women that had vile personalities. Being constantly reject for one's physical appearance can create a hostile negative personality.

But it's such a mixed bag I prefer to take people on a one by one basis and form conclusions based on my own interaction, not on some statistical group trend that never applies well to individuals.
 Maleman999
Msg: 244
Posted: 1/20/2016 9:45:26 AM

Msg 256:
I suspect there are cases where if two people are together long enough (ie coworkers who might have a little feeling of intimacy, or someone who keeps dating the same person b/c there's no better choices in their small town, et cetera), something that seems like "Chemistry" develops.

This brings up another point. In hick towns in the middle of nowhere, where everybody know everybody, most people will marry someone locally, where quite often, the two people have known each other their entire lives and grew up together, and their families usually know each other as well. Do you think this type of arrangement has a higher success rate in marriage versus a case where two strangers meet wherever and get married a year or 2 or 3 later? If one case has a better success rate, why do you think that would be?
 michelinman2
Msg: 245
Posted: 1/20/2016 10:49:51 AM
The men (and women) I know that own a Porche, Jaguar, Mercedes type of vehicle drive them because they like them and they EARNED them. If you see a 28 year old in a Mercedes he/she is selling drugs, selling their **** or Mommy and Daddy bought it for them. They didn't EARN it, big difference. I have respect for those that EARN what they drive, live in, wear, etc. They have no need to impress anyone and they certainly aren't "douche bags".

Dodge Challenger is for the return to nostalgia dude that is in his 50s or older. Or a punk azz wannabe in his 20s that has no respect for the original.

Someone in a Prius is a vegetarian, sandal wearing, wish they could afford solar panels on their house, eco warrior. And they aren't manly men who drive these. Metro-sexuals. Not even soccer moms want these. Don't get me started on mini vans.

Status symbols - women are more shallow than men. Women look for the label, the brand, the wallet, the $$$, the "look at me". Men - give him a good woman, a good vehicle, a good meal, a good job, a good dog and a pair of Levi's and he's set. No fuss, no muss.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 246
Posted: 1/20/2016 11:08:33 AM
"Men - give him a good woman, a good vehicle, a good meal, a good job, a good dog and a pair of Levi's and he's set. No fuss, no muss."

This woman understands men, which is amazing since we're such complex creatures.

( haha)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2016 1:20:21 PM

Someone in a Prius is a vegetarian, sandal wearing, wish they could afford solar panels on their house, eco warrior. And they aren't manly men who drive these. Metro-sexuals. Not even soccer moms want these. Don't get me started on mini vans.

Total Exaggeration to the Nth degree. :) Someone who Talks about their hybrid car like it's so awesome & rewarding to the environment, blah blah -- yes, those fit that bill. Not merely having a hybrid car. Especially with gas prices really high (but for the past year or so and for about 1 more year, gas prices are purposely down to shake the US off getting their own oil).

In hick towns in the middle of nowhere, where everybody know everybody, most people will marry someone locally, where quite often, the two people have known each other their entire lives and grew up together, and their families usually know each other as well. Do you think this type of arrangement has a higher success rate in marriage versus a case where two strangers meet wherever and get married a year or 2 or 3 later? If one case has a better success rate, why do you think that would be?

It being a hick town where a good amount of people only have money to make it by, I would say it wouldn't necessarily have a better success rate (as finances are the #1 catalyst for breakups/divorces). But assuming there's no troubles on that -- Yes, I do think it has a better success rate when you grew up with someone / known them for a long time. You know them better. Greater, deeper attachment. The opposite end of the spectrum would be (like one guy I know IRL) hitting 30-something and needing to "find a wife", or a gal doing the same, and being in that gear consciously or subconsciously, marrying the first person you're comfortably going out with to have kids, etc. Those end up having the lesser success rates.

But then the question is: How much time do you allow for chemistry to develop if it isn't there at the beginning? If you go on 10 dates and chemistry hasn't developed by then, do you think date 11 could be the time chemistry develops, or date 12, 13, etc?

As far as Attraction's concerned, I would hope BEFORE the 1st date. Lukewarm attraction can be turned on or off depending on how well they mesh -- or finding out certain things about them (which mainly is for the downside, not the upside unless it's about fame or riches). So as far as attraction's concerned, over 90% of the time it's going to be right off the bat. Chemistry? That requires solid Attraction, so entering things with lukewarm attraction, which has about a 10% or lower chance of ending up being solid attraction (give that a couple dates to find out), is generally a bad use of time. Only for those who can't ever get a date with anyone they're really drawn to, just to try and get the ball rolling the dating field.

RARELY is one going to be Not attracted to someone, then years later in life Be attracted to someone. It's much more often the other way around.

Once solid Attraction is truly had, chemistry doesn't take that long at all. If you can't "feel" solid chemistry after the first couple dates, even though there Seems to be solid attraction (many times there truly isn't, which is why you're not 'feeling' solid chemistry) -- you punt the ball. But even when there is solid chemistry (which doesn't require fireworks), people can grow apart. How solid it is at the root of things is determined thru an LTR before thinking about any marriage. The key is being past the honeymoon phase, even if that honeymoon phase wasn't the grandest. It's when you get into that gear of "cruise control" as BF/GF is when you get the True feeling of chemistry.

Some people are a great match for going out on some dates but not a good match for going steady or more. Some are a great match for being an item, but not a good match for a serious relationship / LTR.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 248
Posted: 1/20/2016 2:24:40 PM
BeautyBabie- I can't remember if I commented in this thread already or not, but...............
I am the only one that laughed when I read: "No, I am not shallow, but I do want someone who I actually like to look at ?!" :0
Oh, the irony. :D
 gtomustang
Msg: 249
Porsche and porcupine--one has the prick on the outside
Posted: 1/20/2016 2:32:00 PM
1) I think men and women who like status symbols...like different status symbols. I've witnesses women chase after the high school football captain or the BMOC or some other man of status b/c it shows the other girls what they can catch. I've seen guys flaunt a performance car they clearly bought, not built, as a status symbol of virility. Do women flaunt an expensive brand name clutch purse...b/c of its price tag? or b/c of its style that they can afford? Do men really go after things with a big price tag b/c it has a big price tag so they can be "The man who brings home the bacon"?

2)I haven't found that beautiful people tend to have better personalities. I do notice that most people don't worry what personality an average person has, b/c they don't "need" an average person to be in their bed, while they sure will overlook the bimbo qualities of some hottie. But, YMMV.

3)living in a hick town, I think that knowing someone since they screwed up something in first grade can be a double-edged sword--you know their faults, and that can be good or bad. However, in a hick town, there may not be a lot of better choices, there may not be a lot you ask of a partner (ie, if you're going to be the next president of Apple Computers, you likely aren't living in a hick town), and of course, while that its easier to get a divorce than in the good ol' days...everyone in that hick town's gonna know your business. you're going to see your ex everywhere.

4) Men typically aren't complicated. If a guy just wants to get laid, that's not complicated. Its also not what the woman is looking for, so she keeps trying to make it complicated :)
 south_city
Msg: 250
Posted: 1/21/2016 6:00:41 AM

But then the question is: How much time do you allow for chemistry to develop if it isn't there at the beginning? If you go on 10 dates and chemistry hasn't developed by then, do you think date 11 could be the time chemistry develops, or date 12, 13, etc? At what point do you throw in the towel and realize chemistry will never happen if it isn't instantaneous?

I would consider moving on if the chemistry hasn't improved after 3 dates. But that is more of a general guideline than a definite rule.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2016 6:54:19 AM

db, I think you need to elaborate on the above post. Paragraph 2 seems to contradict paragraph 1?

Just trying to avoid overly detailed posts.

Porsche/ dodge challenger hellcat are both "hot cars". I included a wide range, no doubt you can fit into a Dodge challenger. BTW, the only reason I picked a Dodge challenger is because my 16 year old nephew got one, his parents bought it for him, they think it's hot, it wouldn't be my pick.

Volvo / Prius are decidedly NOT hot cars.

I would much rather be trapped on a deserted island with someone that looked like Megon Fox Vs someone that looked like rosie o'donnell . There is no one there to impress. No doubt when you get to know someone, looks don't matter nearly as much, but still it does matter. And it does make the getting to know you stage very pleasant.

On a more serious note, some of the most charming and nice women I have met are never going to score high on attractiveness scale, though I do think a woman's body image affects her personality and how she interacts with men. Detailing observations is sure to stir up a shit storm.

However as well, being very unattractive does seem to bring out a lot of anger issues with many.

As far as status symbols, just go shopping with a woman. Billion dollar industries are devoted to shoe, perfume and purse brands.

Ask any man what brand of shoes or wallet he likes, many of them won't even have an idea of who made their wallet. You won't find many men spending $500- $1000 on shoes Vs women.
 blueandgold5325
Msg: 252
Posted: 1/21/2016 7:26:46 AM
Hey bama, awesome post lol. I give this this place a new name. POC. Plenty of contradictions.
 LadyInWonderland
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2016 12:53:54 PM

BeautyBabie- I can't remember if I commented in this thread already or not, but...............
I am the only one that laughed when I read: "No, I am not shallow, but I do want someone who I actually like to look at ?!" :0
Oh, the irony. :D

Ohhh, the one below is way better (emphasis added).
==>
Beauty babie you are just still young. A lost confused soul. See majority of younger women until age of 44.5 are still in the shallow mode. Looks still mean a lot and drama too. I can tell just from your looks that you're shallow. That's the issue with women in this day and age. We guys do date average okish women. Looks aren't all that big to us.
Maybe it's just American women that are like this?

It's not just shallow to age of 44... it's 44.5... dontcha know.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2016 1:19:28 PM

Yeah, but is that a shallow statement? I don't think so at all. Merely someone who you like to look at isn't, as far as being someone you're "with". Shallow would be wanting someone that everyone else wants to look at as your line in the sand. Or wanting someone based on status (again, the 'look at me and who I'm with!').
 Me000631
Msg: 255
Posted: 2/8/2016 12:34:24 AM
Yes i hear you! Going through that now. Even the ones who may be remotely attractive have that attitude you were describing. Im not shallow but there has to be some level of attraction? I think someone has kidnapped all the hot guys with decent personalities and locked them up somewhere? Unfortunately it seems all the decent ones are taken or too young!
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 256
Posted: 2/8/2016 7:42:02 PM

2)I haven't found that beautiful people tend to have better personalities.

I like the way Leo Tolstoy put it "The Kreutzer Sonata":

"It is amazing how complete is the delusion that beauty is goodness".
 skoalmate
Msg: 257
Posted: 2/25/2016 3:02:27 PM
Much has to do with age range. In my age range, no one looks like they did 25 years ago. The upshot, at least for me, is that the angst of attraction has been greatly reduced along with hormone levels in both genders. The priorities of 25 are often not the priorities of 50.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Thoughts on attractive men