Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Thoughts on attractive men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Thoughts on attractive menPage 4 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
The man you think is perfect, is not. He only appears to be so.

Try giving guys another chance if they say something stupid, sometimes they are just nervous.
 BeautyBabie
Msg: 77
Thoughts on attractive men
Posted: 10/7/2015 2:04:56 PM

The man you think is perfect, is not. He only appears to be so.

The man I think is perfect is someone you don't know at all. So you can't possibly say what he is or isn't. But I wish people would stop bringing him up. This post wasn't about him and I don't feel comfortable talking about something very personal and sensitive to me to strangers. I only posted about him in one post to try and make an example. No more.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 78
Posted: 10/7/2015 3:13:51 PM
BeautyBabie- You like what you like, but one thing I have learned is that sometimes, attraction isn't instant.
Sometimes it is, but what if that nice guy you turn down IS the one for you?
A man can be a 10 on the "hotness" scale,but if he opens his mouth and reveals himself to be a jerk, I'm turned off instantly.
I do understand what you are saying though, I too, have been attracted to someone who wasn't attracted to me, or visa versa, it's aggravating, but you just have to keep looking.
You never know, you might find that man who is a feast for your eyes AND your heart.
I hope you do. :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2015 3:31:27 PM
usually if a woman sees a good looking man and finds him conceited she is picking up on more than just his superficial appearance. Tall men are more desirable in general for more than one reason. Ask any shorter guy. If a tall man does not do well with women it is for other reasons.
Posted: 10/7/2015 4:09:50 PM
BeautyBabie:

You sound like a great person by the way :)

[Elvis-Presley-voice] Oh, well, thank you. Thank you very much. [/Elvis-Presley-voice]
 BeautyBabie
Msg: 81
Posted: 10/7/2015 8:10:39 PM

[Elvis-Presley-voice] Oh, well, thank you. Thank you very much. [/Elvis-Presley-voice]

You're welcome!
 MisterEd0950
Msg: 82
Posted: 10/9/2015 12:04:28 PM
Why cant a guy be attractive, intelligent and a just a real nice guy?
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2015 1:49:47 PM
He can.

People love false dichotomies for some reason.

Good looks, intelligence, and a good character are not mutually exclusive. In fact, you can have those and 97 other great qualities.
 WinTimes3
Msg: 84
Posted: 10/9/2015 3:16:37 PM
You come across as shallow, arrogant and superficial. Oh and bitter too. Beauty is subjective. Someone that you find attractive I might find hideous. You actually care about your friends opinions as far as who's attractive and who's not goes? Other people made really valid points. You are attracted to douchebags. That's YOUR problem and no one else's. There are plenty of good looking nice guys. I can only imagine the guys you are attracted to but I'm pretty sure I have an idea of what they look like lol. Good luck with that.
 WinTimes3
Msg: 85
Posted: 10/9/2015 3:23:04 PM
Oh yes and I should add. The one thing that's funny about all those arrogant ***holes that you find so attractive is that underneath the facade is an insecure little boy. Arrogance translates directly to insecurity. Confidence is completely different than being**** and those gentleman are usually humble.
 BeautyBabie
Msg: 86
Posted: 10/9/2015 7:57:28 PM

You come across as shallow, arrogant and superficial. Oh and bitter too. Beauty is subjective. Someone that you find attractive I might find hideous. You actually care about your friends opinions as far as who's attractive and who's not goes? Other people made really valid points. You are attracted to douchebags. That's YOUR problem and no one else's. There are plenty of good looking nice guys. I can only imagine the guys you are attracted to but I'm pretty sure I have an idea of what they look like lol. Good luck with that.

Everything you wrote is false. Of course beauty is subjective. Which is why I initially asked if I'm the only one who feels this way and a lot of the responses I got were that I'm not and that it takes time to find the right person which makes a lot of sense. Not once did I say that I care what my friends (or anyone else for that matter) thinks about who I find attractive. Which is again why I said that MOST of the people I find attractive aren't even considered hot by society's standards and I couldn't care less. I am not attracted to douchebags actually lmao. You have no idea what kind of men I'm attracted to. I'm sure there are plenty of good looking nice guys, I haven't found one that I like yet. Since you know so well the kind of guys I'm attracted to PLEASE tell me. Give me description. I'm super curious because I know you'll be wrong.
 kidreason29
Msg: 87
Posted: 10/17/2015 12:01:41 PM
previously you stated that no one will ever meet up to your ex in comparison. Good luck with that. It's you, not other men.
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 88
Posted: 10/17/2015 2:18:46 PM
My thought earlier today. It's unpleasant when you walk by the tv then back step to watch the hot footballer walk off field, camera in front, and then he blows a couple snot rockets.
hmm, yeah, just ruining the fantasy a bit there.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 89
Posted: 10/17/2015 2:22:23 PM

and then he blows a couple snot rockets.

Yeah, I try not to pick my nose when the top is down on my convertible.
Posted: 10/17/2015 9:34:41 PM

My thought earlier today. It's unpleasant when you walk by the tv then back step to watch the hot footballer walk off field, camera in front, and then he blows a couple snot rockets.

Hey, "men at work". When you're out there, working yer butt off, residing at a high physical level, we just gotta get the crap out of the nose. Clear it out, and get on with it. In the context of huffing and puffing, sweat and dirt, a little nose-blow is very trivial. Ain't got no time for no Kleenex. Ain't nobody got no time for that. In that context, a nose-blow is quite harmless. Don't be so queasy over nothing. Don't have no time to be metrosexual when playing football.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 91
Posted: 10/17/2015 9:43:38 PM

I love it. I love it that it ruins some women's fantasies. I do it all the time when I am doing a bike ride. You close one side of your nose, bang, shoot, then the next. You make sure that you're away from your group of people. Most guys understand and will not even pause their conversation about last nights game. Women, if they are cyclist, if they are athletes, if they go outside and get muddy and break a nail, and hike, and sweat and spit, understand. The others don't.

So if they don't. I would not want to date them. If they do. Well. In the end there's no fantasy, just turning ideas into realities.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 10/17/2015 11:21:40 PM
If you are talking about men that you have met in the physical from here then sure you will meet stupid, egotistical men along the way. That happens in real life as well as you said. It may take some time before you meet an intelligent, nice and attractive man that you can love. You are only young and he can come along at any time in life. Hopefully you will be able to look back at more than one nice interlude with a nice attractive guy. Whether you would find such a man on a dating site??? Well maybe not.

Eric_Summit
Msg: 93
Posted: 10/17/2015 11:26:59 PM
InnerGorilla is correct that snot-rocketing on the bicycle is a form of art.
 hemingway234
Msg: 94
Posted: 10/18/2015 12:47:16 AM
Generally, the lookers tend to be high maintenance. But there are always exceptions to the rule.
 cooldog65
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2015 12:47:52 AM
This sexy beast here is very intelligent. I'm quite the catch...
 ThatGirlNamedAlli
Msg: 96
Posted: 10/18/2015 10:58:38 AM

Don't be so queasy over nothing. Don't have no time to be metrosexual when playing football.

I do it all the time when I am doing a bike ride. You close one side of your nose, bang, shoot, then the next.

lol. "ohhhh u" to both of you.
edit: and by football I meant the BPL. They're already pretty metro and wussy :)
 Paladin2015
Msg: 97
Posted: 10/18/2015 12:10:30 PM

InnerGorilla is correct that snot-rocketing on the bicycle is a form of art.

Try it on motorcyle.....not that I would ever do such a thing.... : 0
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2015 10:51:39 PM

But NJgirl115, the thing is my taste is guys is not even that typical

So they aren't all that attractive as you say, so this isn't about "Attractive Men" to the masses -- but to You. For your own benefit, you should check yourself in what you like. Looks isn't merely facial symmetry and body proportion. Many times, some girls will like a certain look/way/swagger about a guy when she's not fully aware of it, and cry out "Why do I always end up with These Kind of Men?" Well, it's the KIND of men you're attracted to -- who have a high % of being an a-hole or dumb as a box of rocks.

But it could also (or separately to some degree) be, when you are attracted to a guy, on the being-nice scale, you're going to think he's not nice when he isn't that into you. Happens a lot when guys or gals go after those out of their league. But you're pretty good looking -- but that also leads to something else where in your profile name you're certainly not afraid to flaunt it -- it could be a case where the guy thinks you're not nice and rub them the wrong way, hence, a lot of guys aren't going to be that nice -- unless you're at least a bit out of his league, where that won't matter as much because you're a hottie to many average Joes.

Remember: There's something off-key about You, *if* there really is this inverse proportion you talk about. But Take Comfort in that, oddly enough! :) Realize that IF that truly is true with you, it's about your fishing pole in the dating waters and how you're fishing, coming across, etc.
 south_city
Msg: 99
Posted: 10/19/2015 6:43:13 AM

Getting a college degree can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, yet once you graduate, there is no guarantee of success. In my opinion, a degree does not make or define a person, or determine the level of their intelligence or success, financial and otherwise.

Of course there are examples of smart and successful people without a college degree. However having a degree can be useful because it is a requirement for many good jobs.
 grover14
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 10/19/2015 6:53:10 AM
People are attracted to different types. What is the first thing we all do when looking at profiles? Look at photos, right? So I realize only about 1 in 10 will read my profile because I have a shaved head. Just wondering how many of us might be passing up that perfect match because of first impressions.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Thoughts on attractive men