Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Thoughts on attractive men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 crookcatcher
Msg: 151
Thoughts on attractive menPage 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Tall men are more desirable in general for more than one reason

Well heck yeah! We can reach that stuff on the top shelf, change a ceiling light bulb without climbing on a chair. We get to put the car seat all the way back...woo hoo, we get to bang our head on open kitchen cabinets. How many kids want to watch a parade from the shoulders of a short guy? Pfftt none. We get to have our feet hang off the bottom of a queen size mattress, nothing but bliss in the winter I'm sayin....lets not forget static cling of the hair to the headliner in a car...makes my day I'm telling ya. We do have a tendency to be picked first in pick up basketball though. It also means I have farther to reach if I drop something so it's not all gravy. ;)
 TrvstInKarma
Msg: 152
Thoughts on attractive men
Posted: 10/26/2015 7:41:21 PM

Height may not be everything... but there's nothing like a handsome tall man... who stands tall like a BOSS. (heart smiley)

Yes, I'm a sucker for tall (and dark and handsome) men. Just can't help it. The guy I've gone out with a few times is 6 foot - love hugging a tall man.
 BeautyBabie
Msg: 153
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:05:55 PM
I agree with the tall men thing. It's not like I purposely seek them out because it's not a huge deal breaker for me but I notice the men I do find attractive are usually on the taller side. I'm pretty short though and my ex was 6'2 which is a bit too tall for me. Someone's who's 5'10-6'0 is a good height in my opinion (for me).
 purplerider1200
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:07:42 PM

Some women require more from a man than just being tall.

I'm quite certain of that of which you speak. I'm just inferring that you expect a good deal more from a tall guy, rather than one of average stature.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 155
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:16:12 PM
Does a size 13 shoe have any significance?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 156
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:19:06 PM
No, that's not height... that's steadiness on the ground.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 157
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:49:12 PM
There really does seem to be this requirement with alot of women that height is there. I've seen it listed on profiles of many women, it seems to be a higher priority than a man having money! <------- read it and weep!

I'm the opposite. 5' 7" is just fine. That's my height. I have always had a thing for men around my height..and I don't consider that short. Is it? I like having his face RIGHT THERE. Not a chest. Ha ha.

But tall is fine too, but it doesnt seem to tug at anything primal inside of me, like being protected or something. I dont actively seek it out.

I DO wonder if I am liberal enough to date Peter Dinklage, though. :) Pushing the limits!!!
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 158
Posted: 10/26/2015 8:54:34 PM
I work with some good quality men that are...shorter then me.

They lament about their ability to get online dates.

I tell them that people are shopping with lists, and height is one of them.

I tell them that they are just one demographic of folks that would do better OFFLINE.

Single parents are another.

YMMV
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 159
Posted: 10/27/2015 2:15:16 AM
Re Peter Dinklage:

Had to get out from under my rock and look him up (imdb was my friend)

Height:
4' 5" (1.35 m)

He must be a Little Person, no?

You know what they say, we're all the 'right size' horizontally (or something like that.)
 Chris_P_Bacon__
Msg: 160
Posted: 10/27/2015 11:47:06 AM

Well the chicks will know you won't blow over in a wind storm.
 StarClassic
Msg: 161
Posted: 10/27/2015 12:46:23 PM

Well the chicks will know you won't blow over in a wind storm.

Mighty oaks are toppled by storms.
It's a hard driven fence post that withstands wind, snow and ice.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 162
Posted: 10/27/2015 12:55:51 PM

I'm quite certain of that of which you speak. I'm just inferring that you expect a good deal more from a tall guy, rather than one of average stature.

Like what? Reaching things on a high shelf? :D

If I’m dating a taller man I don’t want anything from an average stature man. So I would expect more from a man I’m dating but it has nothing to do with any other man, of any size.

How do you know what women expect from an average man in order to compare? How do women “raise the bar higher” for tall men?
 csillagjanos
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 6:16:49 AM
OP, my thoughts on attractive women is the opposite to what you say. Most doctors, judges, professors and politicians I dated (women docs, profs, justices and politicas) were extremely nice, cultured, erudite, easy to get along with, and exciting in all aspects: physcially, mentally, spiritually, emotionally. Especially spiritually.

Maybe you are looking in all the wrong places. Try to get into a rotary club for singles, or sign up for the "date and marry a good looking, handsome, nice, and gentlemanly billionaire" tv show. Join Mensa. Whatever. Just don't dip your hook in the wrong lake of fishes, for chrissake.

My personal experience in a negative, that is, prohibitive (but not in the sense of "judging"morally, just a common sense advice) shows to stay away from Muslim males. They are controlling cads. And if you can help it, then try to rope in a south-Asian man (Indian). They are 1. the best lovers physically and 2. they are so enamoured by the female of the species, that they worship them almost on the strength of a religious fervor. This last bit only applies if you don't marry them. After marrying and Indian from India, then they turn out to be like Muslimo.

Another effort well-rewarded, is to travel to central and southern (but not South) Africa. There, white women are catered to like you wouldn't beleive. The men are gentlemanly, and act cultured and nice, never mind that they are only tribesmen. The population (men and women) have a terrific sense of humour, and their songs will break your heart and make you live like never before. The European-American idea of an African male (and female) is totally skewed, biassed, and full of ignorance. I know women (school teachers, union representatives, legal secretaries and the like) who travel every vacation they get to Africa to get their fill of love, adoration and worship by males. (No pun intended, but for some it applies.)

For your information, I'm an Ashkenasi.
 csillagjanos
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 6:17:59 AM
""""^^^ LOL, you forgot the house owning.. and that he can open a car door. And buy coffee
Roll that into a package you have Super Date"""

A man's ability to open the door to his house for you will sure open doors for him.
 south_city
Msg: 165
Posted: 10/28/2015 7:03:36 AM
With OLD, height is important to many women. But of course, it is usually just one of several requirements. A woman may not be interested in a tall man because of body type, hairstyle / baldness, race, religion, education level, smoking and drinking habits among other things.
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 166
Posted: 10/28/2015 10:49:31 AM
I am 6’-4” tall. One of the first people I ever dated after I moved to Philadelphia is actually 4'-9”. We met at a Latin dance club in Jersey, after I noticed her dancing alone. She appeared confident, and had all the right moves. I asked her for a dance, and we ended up dancing all night long. Almost two years we dated, there was so much chemistry between us there was no need to mention anything about our height difference. Even though it didn't work out, we're still friends.

hearton64
Msg: 167
Posted: 10/28/2015 11:11:29 AM

I'm the opposite. 5' 7" is just fine. That's my height.
I have always had a thing for men around my height.
.and I don't consider that short. Is it? I like having
his face RIGHT THERE. Not a chest. Ha ha.

I'm with you on this.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 168
Posted: 10/28/2015 11:18:44 AM
"Re Peter Dinklage:
Had to get out from under my rock and look him up"

Wha.....? The whole *world* doesn't watch Game of Thrones??
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 11:24:22 AM
^^^^

Or - what's worse - In Bruges.
 csillagjanos
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2015 9:48:17 PM
"""""If anything, I think women expect more from a tall man. They raise the bar higher."""""

I loved this, PurpleMan!!!

""""If the deck is stacked against me, then deal me out.""""

My answer to that is that I usually deal with women with only half a deck.
 SunKist_Gal
Msg: 171
Posted: 10/29/2015 11:08:07 AM
Being a short ass....I find some men are just too tall for me....so, I'm not feeding into the theory that all women want a tall man.
Certainly, not an asset for me or do I expect anything better from a tall man...shrugs.
I seldom come across a man shorter than me....I like short and compact...lol.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 172
Posted: 10/29/2015 1:20:15 PM
Apparently women are supposed to expect “more” from a tall man, that’s cool with me, I’ll take “more.” :D I don’t want or expect anything from Tom Thumb or Tiny Tim.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 173
Posted: 10/29/2015 1:21:49 PM
^^^^

btw, where is Tom anyway..... I had a crush on him a while back.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 174
Posted: 10/29/2015 1:23:50 PM
Tom's in Florida now.

Heard he pulled a Full Cleveland on a dude that was stalkin' a nursing home.

Go Tom!
 overunity
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2015 1:30:25 PM
^^^ Is that the guy that had facial surgery to look more like Lou Costello?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Thoughts on attractive men