Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Thoughts on attractive men      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LLove2LaughToo
Msg: 176
Thoughts on attractive menPage 8 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

Heard he pulled a Full Cleveland ....

Every time I hear "Full Cleveland", reminds me of "Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of Lounge Lizards.",
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 177
Thoughts on attractive men
Posted: 10/29/2015 1:37:07 PM
Wha????

The 'Full Cleveland' blinded the guy or what? ( really did have to look that one up and I grew up in Canton, under a rock, it seems). Stalking a nursing home????? (I gotta find that thread....)

I knew he moved but not close enough for me to ask to meet him. His stated height was 5'4", just perfect for moi.

I meant he's not a forumite anymore?

ClooneysTutor
Msg: 178
Posted: 10/29/2015 2:17:34 PM
Word has it he found a leg lengthening procedure that adds 6 inches in height.

It'll be his last and final surgery.

I hope he makes a full recovery and is back protecting the gals at the Clearwater Commons.

They really love 'em there.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 179
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2015 4:21:46 PM
I would quip that if Peter Dinklage was a great lover and had just the right size and shape of penis (and a great personality), that some women wouldn't care about his stature...

(btw, is his last name, Dinklage, his real name, or is it a pseudo name created with a sense of humor?)

...except that when I picture him pumping away at a woman, and imagine that woman looking at him, that she might always bust out laughing without ever being able to help it.

Maybe when women ask "can you make me laugh", he says "hell yea I can."
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2015 9:02:20 PM
Saw a woman's profile today wherein she says that because she's tall herself that she can't deal with short men and needs a tall man. Her profile says that she is 5'7".
 no_kids_please
Msg: 181
Posted: 10/31/2015 2:22:02 AM
I'm reasonably intelligent... and reasonably attractive.... I'd like to think. I don't recall those two concepts fighting each other. Maybe O.P. knows more than I do. ¯\(°_o)/¯
 NJgirl116
Msg: 182
Posted: 10/31/2015 2:35:02 AM
^^^Perhaps let's wait for other people to offer their feedback regarding both our attractiveness and intelligence... You know the ancient joke about a very beautiful woman who approached a brilliant man and said: "We should have a baby together! He will be as intelligent as you and as gorgeous as me!" The man said: "I'm not so sure about this idea... What if it happens the other way around?"

Welcome back by the way. Things have been sorta boring here lately. Forumites have been dropping off (self-deleted or otherwise) and things have been getting quieter and quieter.
 ClooneysTutor
Msg: 183
Posted: 10/31/2015 9:53:07 AM
When do attractive people have time to hit the books?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 184
Posted: 10/31/2015 3:47:37 PM

you should be focusing on this wallet

Where, where?
 BeautyBabie
Msg: 185
Posted: 10/31/2015 9:18:07 PM

OP, as a woman you should be focusing on this wallet, not his looks. You will end up alone otherwise. Book it.

I've heard this many times and a lot of women I know feel/act this way but I've never cared much about that aspect of it. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.
 csillagjanos
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 10/31/2015 9:36:25 PM
Clearly, men should carry their wallets in a pocket that takes up room behind their zippers.

That way either this, or that is good, or both; and the lack of bulge would help ladies' pickers like a huge red neon sign.

Some short men should be encouraged to wear their wallets glued to the soles of their shoes.

Some men should list the contents of their wallets whenever a psychological profile is asked of them to write.

"I have to cross a wall, a short wall,
Which separates them all
From me, the women.

This little wall, this wallet,
Is all that they will concet-
Rate on to find a man.

If you never watched a Ballet,
If you can't cook a small piglet,
If you wear no amulet,
If you don't know who was Hamlet,
If you have a tasteless palate,
Still no problem for the harlot,
For all she wants of the guy
Is to have a well-fed wallet.
 Dan6308
Msg: 187
Posted: 11/1/2015 10:15:47 PM
Certainly, when things come to you easily, you may become spoiled...

But there are attractive men who are nice.

However a lot of people believe in getting everything they can, and don't care for morals. Some attractive men are like that
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 188
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2015 12:17:28 AM

Apparently women are supposed to expect “more” from a tall man, that’s cool with me, I’ll take “more.” :D I don’t want or expect anything from Tom Thumb or Tiny Tim.

There is that, but I think that can be emphasized too much to divert from the concept of "Men are into looks, women are not" -- because mainly, it's about Looks. If you judge someone on width, it's superficial and horrible about looks too much... but in height in the taller direction for women, it's "not about looks, it's just-- what we like". LOL.
 BeautyBabie
Msg: 189
Posted: 11/2/2015 10:47:34 AM

There is that, but I think that can be emphasized too much to divert from the concept of "Men are into looks, women are not" -- because mainly, it's about Looks. If you judge someone on width, it's superficial and horrible about looks too much... but in height in the taller direction for women, it's "not about looks, it's just-- what we like". LOL.

I've always heard this but it definitely doesn't apply to me. Why are men into looks and women are not? It makes no sense, why would women want an ugly dude? I'm a woman and I'm into looks. I find it very odd as a statement and probably untrue in most cases.
 gtomustang
Msg: 190
Posted: 11/2/2015 10:58:49 AM
Yep, always said looks are important to women. I suppose the idea is, men generally won't let a bad personality get in the way of hot body getting naked in their bed. Most, but not all, men can have sex with a fine figure, and walk away. at least in theory. in reality, we're likely trained to take that hot body to dinner beforehand.

But, yes, a woman can be great friends with an ugly man who has a great personality. I suspect plenty of guys can put a female friend in the "friendzone" as well. Who really promotes the idea that women aren't "So shallow" as to focus on looks?
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 191
Posted: 11/2/2015 2:56:54 PM

There is that, but I think that can be emphasized too much to divert from the concept of "Men are into looks, women are not"

I wasn’t diverting from anything; I responded to a particular post and the above is not my argument.

If you judge someone on width, it's superficial and horrible about looks too much... but in height in the taller direction for women, it's "not about looks, it's just-- what we like". LOL.

I didn’t post anything remotely like that.

And by “someone,” I assume you mean men? Surprise! there are fat men, too.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 192
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2015 9:42:04 PM

I've always heard this but it definitely doesn't apply to me. Why are men into looks and women are not? It makes no sense, why would women want an ugly dude? I'm a woman and I'm into looks. I find it very odd as a statement and probably untrue in most cases.

It's a common misconception that women aren't all that much into looks and men are totally all about it. Everyone's into looks and looks is the #1 thing for both people -- it's just some are pickier than others. We get the false sense that we're not So much into looks because we don't really have to Think to size up looks -- it's natural and many times pretty instant. Other issues are more complex we're thinking about and very Concerned about, so when we think about looks, many say "I'm not THAT into looks" because they're not constantly processing it like another person's emotions, persona, etc.

But it's Politically Correct not to be into looks much at all. And also prevents oneself from being judged on their own looks -- and that is why I think the whole "women aren't much into looks" thing comes from... to prevent look judgment calls on oneself. I think women have MORE to be concerned about traditionally, as traditionally they will be Dependent on a guy when it comes to a good standard of living. Not for all women in this here 21st century, but many still are for a Good standard of living. Hence, other factors coming into it that are of less concern for a guy usually. But in the end, that doesn't make looks Less -- it just adds extra layers to put into the equation. :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 193
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2015 9:49:02 PM
We are all into looks on way or another but some of us value other attributes as much as or more. We like what we like and are turned on or off but certain things. It is called preferences and attraction. They say that men fall in love with their eyes and women with their ears. Partly true perhaps.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 194
Posted: 11/3/2015 8:28:07 AM
I don't have an idea of what I find attractive.
Lots of public figures that I consider my "boyfriends"
aren't all that attractive at all...but there's something
about them.

I do know there is a creep factor that I notice right
away...and once I see it...there's no turning it off.
I don't have an idea of what that is either...but I know
it when I see it or when I hear it talk.

I can be instantly attracted to someone and then be
totally turned off once I get to know them.

I've never made a turn about when I've been creeped
out by someone. That's a permanent burn.
 ThePig0fTheOpera
Msg: 195
Posted: 11/3/2015 8:42:05 AM
Nice new profile picture, Boo Diddley. :)~
 browneyesboo
Msg: 196
Posted: 11/3/2015 8:55:28 AM
Thank you Mr. Pig :o)
 Nth_degree1111
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2015 9:00:44 AM

I am not forgetting about anything. Your scenario is not true for me. It is either there from the beginning or it isn't. Grow to love a person in a non romantic way? Sure. Grow to lust a person and all of a sudden have chemistry and attraction? Nope.

Your loss. I'm glad that I'm not bound by such rigid rules. I've definitely had "chemistry" happen well after the initial meeting.
 Chromis1
Msg: 198
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2015 9:12:47 AM

I can be instantly attracted to someone and then be
totally turned off once I get to know them.

I've never made a turn about when I've been creeped
out by someone. That's a permanent burn.

Same here, on both counts.
 spot4username
Msg: 199
Posted: 11/3/2015 9:25:51 AM

Your loss. I'm glad that I'm not bound by such rigid rules. I've definitely had "chemistry" happen well after the initial meeting.

It isn't a set of rules. It is just the way it is for me as an individual. Chemistry doesn't happen for me "down the line".
 BeautyBabie
Msg: 200
Posted: 11/3/2015 4:47:53 PM

It isn't a set of rules. It is just the way it is for me as an individual. Chemistry doesn't happen for me "down the line".

This applies to me as well. I have never been able to truly like and want to be with someone who I wasn't interested in first (or simultaneously). It's probably not a good thing because it narrows my dating pool but it is what it is.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Thoughts on attractive men