Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 CressB
Msg: 251
view profile
History
If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Page 11 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
^^^ again there is a huge difference.

One can use math to produce something of worth. One cannot use religion to produce anything of worth, well that is unless you are a preacher with a collection plate.

People pursue a personal understanding of math because they have something they want to accomplish or their chosen profession requires some level of proficiency in it.

People do not pursue math because they think that they will go to math heaven after they die.
 kidreason29
Msg: 252
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Posted: 4/22/2016 2:15:34 PM
the books emanate some sort of biblical animism, they are not like other ordinary math textbooks I have used. It is like there is some divine knowledge within it
 kidreason29
Msg: 253
Posted: 4/22/2016 3:28:44 PM
here is a passage

http://tinyurl.com/zl5xoaf

I feel enlightened
 CressB
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2016 4:46:30 PM
^^^ seriously? In your search for Knowledge your first stop is going to be the quacks and brain butchers of the late 19th early 20th century psychology?

You would probably be better served by sticking with 1970 and later.

Id start here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMLzP1VCANo
 kidreason29
Msg: 255
Posted: 4/22/2016 5:08:56 PM
'Simultaneity' It is like being aware of multiple things happening at once, it is like thinking with your peripheral, it is like multitasking but all at once, it is also a beautiful feeling
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 256
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:08:17 PM

You see, I don't actually read these things. I just scan them for extraordinary examples of stupidity and, by extension, comedy.

Ah, I'm always amused on what titillates a stoner!
A good example of stoner stupidity is the impetus that keeps you coming back here to "scan" that which you "don't read"!

I all of a sudden have an over riding desire to draw a caricature of Mohamed.

that would be funny....if you had the balls!
 CressB
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:17:33 PM
You see, its funny because you don't know that I can't draw. I may not have the talent but" balls" (which I don't even see it as something that would require balls) I do have.
 CressB
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2016 8:35:32 PM

A good example of stoner stupidity is the impetus that keeps you coming back here to "scan" that which you "don't read"!

Not a stoner. Just in limbo entertainment wise with school work. Can't do the normal things I do for entertainment because I cant invest the time they require at the moment, but I also have some time to do something. Lately i've been spreading my time between 15 minute matches of Dead Star on PS4, X-files on Netflix, Dimension W and Grimgar on Funimation, Better Call Saul an AMC, (which sadly is over now) and POF forums. POF forums is the least entertaining right now however. It used to be so much better. Guess I just keep comin' back, like a speed addict, lookin' for that first high which ain't ever gonna come again.

Oh and Cashhern and Ergo Proxy on funimation t00
 CressB
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2016 9:41:46 PM
I'm afraid that this is the best I can do:

http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/recent/

My favorite is *Mohamed looks in the mirror* "BLASPHEMY!"
 kidreason29
Msg: 260
Posted: 4/23/2016 4:43:48 AM
?
religion = bad
science = good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLdQlpz-PL4
 kidreason29
Msg: 261
Posted: 4/23/2016 7:30:40 PM

who you calling a stoner? u don't get Shmashed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlthcDeUC0
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 262
Posted: 4/23/2016 7:43:11 PM

When this old posters are going to post NEW photos of themselves?

1-Yule
2-funchesf
3-cress
4-Drinkthesun
5-ginger..
-
 CressB
Msg: 263
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2016 8:51:39 PM
^^^ I have hair down tho the middle of my back now. :)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 264
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2016 10:06:47 PM
Nobody's ever gonna see one of me. Past the point of no return now. "Not looking" anymore. No point. So I'm not gonna bother with pics. That's why I got rid of all my pics except one just to have one there. Guess the question of how hot I am is gonna have to remain a big fat mystery forever.
 funchesf
Msg: 265
Posted: 4/24/2016 6:43:02 AM

Posted By: yule_liquor
In the Bibles I have, it says the son of God; that is who Satan was addressing!
Son of man is a term to describe the annointed ones, which he was that too.
But past prophets were also referred to as "son of man"
Jesus (as prophet) was "son of man"; but as redeemer, he likely had to be Son of God as well.
This is how I understand it, otherwise satan wouldn't have wasted his time.
he was trying to BS Jesus into doubting his own self; even though satan knew who he was. That is the basis for the lie!

Satan did the very same thing to God in the story of JOB ...so was Satan lying to God or tempting God or was Satan testing Faith, and that is the same thing Satan did with Jesus...test his Faith

if Jesus was truly sent to die for Christian sins... then he should have jumped off the cliff when Satan invited him to, wouldn't matter if the angel caught him or not...supposedly he would have risen again anyway ...

IgottaName
Yeah, really. They just need to give it up and move on with their lives.

show us the way by following your own advice

Aprilovesrosasblancas
When this old posters are going to post NEW photos of themselves?

in the realm of women that are shy... NEW is code for NUDE ....naughty April needs a spanky spanky

Posted By> CressB
Anybody got a pen and paper, I all of a sudden have an over riding desire to draw a caricature of Mohamed.

your new photo sort of resemble him

Posted By: kidreason29
here it is, "God does and does not exist at the same time", because god is beyond our concept of existence, and beyond our limit of reasoning.

if God supposedly exist beyond your reasoning or concept of existence but yet you wish to claim that God exist.. then it falls into the realm of you having a Delusion

everything have existence within the mind and on the Sci-fi channel...funches 3:16

religion = bad
science = good

so is Scientology good religion

who you calling a stoner?

there are lots of stoners in the bible ....the first was Adam and Eve eating oregano from the garden then talking to serpents, Moses on the mountain with a burning bush that started talking, Jesus turning Water into Wine etc.
 kidreason29
Msg: 266
Posted: 4/24/2016 3:06:09 PM

there are lots of stoners in the bible ....the first was Adam and Eve eating oregano from the garden then talking to serpents, Moses on the mountain with a burning bush that started talking, Jesus turning Water into Wine etc.

thank our ancestors for eating shrooms, otherwise we would not be here
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 267
Posted: 4/24/2016 8:09:51 PM

Satan did the very same thing to God in the story of JOB ...so was Satan lying to God or tempting God or was Satan testing Faith, and that is the same thing Satan did with Jesus...test his Faith

There were stark differences between the events that took place between Satan + Job; and Satan + Jesus.

God was allowing Satan to try and "breakdown" Job for the purpose of showing that Job "loved" God unconditionally and not because he was wealthy & successful. Satan suggested the opposite.

Unlike his interaction with Jesus; Satan never engaged Job directly through temptation, so he did not need to LIE or deceive. He was only allowed to deprive (Job's health & wealth).

God had to accept Satan's challenge, because if he didn't, then Satan would claim that he couldn't put Job to the TEST, because God was afraid that Job would be exposed as a "fair-weather" believer. In short, he would be exposed as a fake!

The situation with Jesus was quite different.
Satan was directly tempting Jesus, to derail his mission (to follow the directives of he who sent him).
Satan was doing this by LYING as follows:

" If you are the son of God, then ...blah..blah!"
---why painfully starve yourself in the desert, to where you can't think straight...you can turn every stone into bread, cookies, pan-cakes; burgers, fried chicken...etc. JESUS said: because I can survive by other means.
---If you adopt my ways and honor me; you can rule the world; and have all the money; cars, bling, and pvssy you could ever want: JESUS said: I don't hold value on any of that; for all that you give me can be taken.
--If you are son of God then jump down and the Angels will block your fall: JESUS said: No they won't, cause I never made that claim!

The only thing Satan could do to derail Jesus, is to try to make him believe the LIE, that Jesus mattered more than the mission he was on, by re-focusing his attention!

Jesus never went around boasting that he was "son of God" because the mission he was on was NOT about himself!
It was about doing the work of the "father" and nothing else. So for any of the Dumb-a$$es who go around asking stupid fck'n questions like: "why didn't Jesus jump or save himself on the cross"

Because it was fck'n NEVER about Jesus to begin with!!!!!!
Satan tried to make it all about Jesus, by whatever lie he could come up with, but he did not succeed!

wouldn't matter if the angel caught him or not...supposedly he would have risen again anyway

If he would have died on Satan's terms...he would not have risen at all.
The only way he could have "risen" is if he was put to death sacrificially, temptation-free!
Otherwise his mission would have ended as a dismal failure!

there are lots of stoners in the bible

Yes, since you are so well versed in the Bible, perhaps you can continue that tradition, by going down to your local drug-dealer (I hear he is in the market for new Beemer) and contributing to that by making a generous cash purchase of your favorite intoxicant! That way, you won't need to make statements like:

"if God supposedly exist beyond your reasoning or concept of existence but yet you wish to claim that God exist.. then it falls into the realm of you having a Delusion"

Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 268
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:52:01 PM

I have hair down tho the middle of my back now. :)

Wow, you should take a pic.:)

Nobody's ever gonna see one of me. Past the point of no return now. "Not looking" anymore. No point.

Oh sweet drinkthesun, that sounds sad ...may I ask you why?... You seems to be a nice, smart, and a fun person to be with.
Do not lose hope, I am sure there is a lady out there waiting for you, you just need to .......Pay for "the first date"?...lol....nah.. that special lady is there somewhere and you will find her soon, I know that.:)

in the realm of women that are shy... NEW is code for NUDE ....naughty April needs a spanky spanky

Oh..my..Goodness...are serious funchesf?..If a woman ask you for a "new" pic, you'll send her a naked one?
AND then you talk about ....Adam and Eve eating oregano.....and lots of stoners in the bible.....
 funchesf
Msg: 269
Posted: 4/25/2016 5:17:16 AM

thank our ancestors for eating shrooms, otherwise we would not be here

probably have more to do with the ancestors being horny heathens

There were stark differences between the events that took place between Satan + Job; and Satan + Jesus.

that are both the same because all Satan was doing was testing Faith, Faith is all what a belief in a Supernatural entity is, it's not about knowing it's not about intelligence it's not about reason or logic it's all about Faith

Satan proved that JOB had Faith but lack intelligence and prove that Jesus had intelligence but lacked Faith

Jesus never went around boasting that he was "son of God"

actually he went around trying to insinuate that he was both God and the son of God which explain why some people believe in "The Trinity ...and that is one of the reason why Satan stepped in and said if you are the son of God then jump off the cliff ....

clearly if Jesus was God he wouldn't have died and if he was the Son his Father wouldn't allow him to die until his mission was over and some believe that "The Holy Spirit" being an angel would have caught Jesus....and that is why Jesus not jumping off the cliff is how Satan proved that "The Trinity" is false

Otherwise his mission would have ended as a dismal failure!

the fact that Man is not back in the garden of Eden or for the fact that women are still having painful childbirth only proves that Jesus never died for or removed the original sins of Adam and Eve and therefore his mission was a failure ...his Father forsaking him in the end and being condemn to Hell for three days sort of brings that point home

Yes, since you are so well versed in the Bible, perhaps you can continue that tradition, by going down to your local drug-dealer

our local drug dealer's name is "yule liquor" ..and you probably want to argue that liquor is not drugs, but we can debate whether it is or isn't once you sober up ....but seriously why did you name yourself "yule Liquor" or is it a case of your parents being oh so cruel and Christened "yule liquor" as your birth name

Posted By: Aprilovesrosasblancas
Oh..my..Goodness...are serious funchesf?.

people in this forum are just here to argue and don't care about updated or updating pictures, also you requested a picture of some that never had a picture upload probably because they are wanted by the FBI or Scotland Yard, so if you're on here asking for pictures it means that someone you named has you steaming in your silks

since you're a Christian and since Satan ...oops..er.. I meant since "yule liquor" is the closest thing to being a Christian here ...we have to assume that you want to see a picture of "yule liquor" in all his glory

If a woman ask you for a "new" pic, you'll send her a naked one?

if she's a Christian I'll send a picture of me half naked nailed to a cross ..
 gingerosity
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2016 7:18:41 AM

people in this forum are just here to argue

No we're not.
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 271
Posted: 4/25/2016 10:55:46 AM

since you're a Christian and since Satan ...oops..er.. I meant since "yule liquor" is the closest thing to being a Christian here ...we have to assume that you want to see a picture of "yule liquor" in all his glory

I think he is not religious, I also think he is just a clever and respectful man who sees life in a fair way.
Now, about a pic of Yule in “all his glory”......well....... wouldn't be a bad idea.

so if you're on here asking for pictures it means that someone you named has you steaming in your silks

You are correct, as always…Right?
I am Catholic, none of the persons I named is religious, and some are very young and/or married...so... Yup... It does make sense.

if she's a Christian I'll send a picture of me half naked nailed to a cross ..

Okay I am Christian, can you post a "NEW" pic? (not that one you have now) but as you said, a pic of you ^ half-naked nailed to a cross. Make sure to use REAL nails please.

==========================

You all seem nice, kind, educated and very smart men...I like that.:)
 kidreason29
Msg: 272
Posted: 4/25/2016 12:17:16 PM

No we're not.

but, it is sorta correct. looking at philosophy, people debate, etc. almost like a bickering back and forth, sometimes just for the sake of debating, devils advocate, etc

sorta like a game, meant to be fun in a way, but of course, there are those that take games seriously
 funchesf
Msg: 273
Posted: 4/25/2016 12:47:57 PM

Posted By: gingerosity
No we're not.

not sure which country you are from but in the United States "to argue" is used as legal terminology to express a point of view in court or in a debate, when in court or when a law or point of view is being challenged you are required to present "your arguments"

Now, about a pic of Yule in “all his glory”......well....... wouldn't be a bad idea.

see "yule liquor" I hooked you up with "Aprilovesrosasblancas" ...but unfortunately now "Aprilovesrosasblancas" probably start receiving an influx of POF e-mails of nude pictures from other pervs on this site

Okay I am Christian, can you post a "NEW" pic? (not that one you have now) but as you said, a pic of you ^ half-naked nailed to a cross

you want the picture with me wearing a Crown of thorns or without

Make sure to use REAL nails please.

ok..I've trim my fingernails and use that...

the fact that you grieved that you created man but yet Man was created, is this an indication that you lack the ability to foretell the future
 gingerosity
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2016 3:21:30 PM

not sure which country you are from but in the United States "to argue" is used as legal terminology to express a point of view in court or in a debate, when in court or when a law or point of view is being challenged you are required to present "your arguments"

I'm a citizen of the world, of course. On a superficial level, challenging your point of view that points of view are being challenged is what us Earthlings refer to as "being ironic". On a philosophical level an argument is a collection of statements (premises) intended to support or infer a claim (conclusion), where each statement has a truth value either "true" or "false". Let us know if you manage to find anything which might qualify in this science/philosophy forum so we can notify the forum police and get the conclusion escorted from the premises.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Argument_terminology_used_in_logic.png
 kidreason29
Msg: 275
Posted: 4/25/2016 5:33:06 PM
mmmmm LSD.

Anyone ever take it before? I swear, I will eventually. But ill also be sure that I wont have a bad trip. Perhaps ill start off microdosing
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?