Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 301
view profile
History
If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Page 13 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

If you could ask God one question, what would it be?

Would you like a hit of acid?
 kidreason29
Msg: 302
Posted: 4/27/2016 4:20:59 PM

the answer I seek is one from your own original thoughts and not from some obscure Wikipedia page

the short answer: because I'm going to die anyway, plus I'll also be sure I will have a nice trip, it will be fun, why not?
 CressB
Msg: 303
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2016 4:27:56 PM

Would you like a hit of acid?

Yes please. Two of three in fact.
 funchesf
Msg: 304
Posted: 4/27/2016 4:43:48 PM

Posted By: kidreason29
the short answer: because I'm going to die anyway, plus I'll also be sure I will have a nice trip, it will be fun, why not?

oh ok.......I thought you were doing it to test "Terence McKenna's "Stoned Ape" Theory of Human Evolution ..but anyway if you do decided to do it can you video it and upload to youtube ..and make sure you hide all the knives and other harmful objects

after you rested on the seventh day what the hell did you do on the eighth ..
 kidreason29
Msg: 305
Posted: 4/27/2016 4:47:07 PM

and make sure you hide all the knives and other harmful objects

the environment in at which you take it, is one of the most important variables in consideration, also the other variable being how you feel at the time you take it.

Don't take LSD in a closed dark room with little stimulus while you are depressed, you are asking for something bad to happen.
 kidreason29
Msg: 306
Posted: 4/27/2016 7:41:56 PM
on 'The meaning of life':

1).
Only someone who doesn't know the meaning of life would ask the question itself. Therefore all the answers to 'the meaning of life', are from people playing a game of 'who doesn't know the meaning of life'.

If you asked someone who knew this 'meaning of life', they would respond with a confused look on their face, 'I don't understand'.

2).
The meaning of life is to ask the question 'What is the meaning of life?'.
A (asks): 'What is the meaning of life?'
B (responds): 'What is the meaning of life?'
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2016 7:43:18 PM
^^^^^ I think it's implied: "What do you think the meaning of life is?"
 kidreason29
Msg: 308
Posted: 4/27/2016 7:47:27 PM
Therefore If I asked God this question "What is the meaning of life?", God would respond with the question as the answer "What is the meaning of life?"

If you asked someone who knew this 'meaning of life', they would respond with a confused look on their face, 'I don't understand'

haha... stuff is funny, because it is true..

^^^^^ I think it's implied: "What do you think the meaning of life is?"

the meaning of life is 'to think', or 'to think of the meaning of life'?
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 309
Posted: 4/27/2016 10:19:48 PM

you can help kidreason with his shrooms research

Yup, I can help him doing his living will before doing that "research"
I will make sure he write my name on it.

Don't take LSD in a closed dark room with little stimulus while you are depressed, you are asking for something bad to happen.

Yup, I will need to contact him soon to write the living.....I meant, to help him with that "test"!
 gingerosity
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2016 5:21:36 AM

I'm a citizen of the world
if that's on your passport then it's most likely forged

Apparently I'm not the only one who's been to the smithy recently.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-36139904
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 311
Posted: 4/28/2016 5:58:47 AM

because if Kidreason want to drop LSD wouldn't he be trying to emulate you since you just admitted that you also dropped LSD

for someone who is a self admitted druggie, to be emulating me (a 1 time user); is like saying that Willie Nelson (the Pot-head King of country music) wanted to emulate Bill Clinton.

perhaps this points to the possibility that the LSD destroys memory cells ....

well KR's and Cress's memory seems to still be adequate, so I think you are the one who should be worrying given all the ganja and high grade hash you smoke on a daily basis

Peter walked on water to prove his Faith to Jesus

because Jesus don't lie

yet Jesus couldn't do the same for for Satan

because Jesus don't acknowledge liars

isn't the Virgin Mary a recycled Virgin

No, you are getting her mixed up with the Madonna look-alike that your Master hooked you up with, who is not gonna let you take her (recycled) virginity until you buy her some serious bling and propose. And if she finds out you are on POF looking to get some ass on the side, she will stop letting you dry hump her, and you will need to go back to the blow up doll again!

perhaps it makes them fortune seekers

which is why you are here

but (a)_______actually walked and talked with Jesus...what other (b)__________can make such a claim or wouldn't want to trade places with (c)__________

(a) satan
(b) demon
(c) a loser

who is the Father of Jesus...You or The Holy Spirit

you will find out when you arrive at the Ganja-nirvana, so keep getting higher! and don't forget to send us a post card when you get there!
 funchesf
Msg: 312
Posted: 4/28/2016 7:24:05 AM

You anti-drug or what?

the first rule of society is to assume that it's citizens are insane and are in need of protection from themselves..... funches 3:16

by making drugs illegal, prohibited, medicinal or placing a scarlet letter on them will force people to educate themselves and make them responsible both legally and/or morally if they decide to take them

Regulation is Education .....funches 3:16

Don't take LSD in a closed dark room with little stimulus while you are depressed

wouldn't the reason why someone would risk taking a dangerous drug just to trip be the first sign of being depressed

'What is the meaning of life?'.

displacement of energy

Posted By: Aprilovesrosasblancas
Yup, I will need to contact him soon to write the living.....I meant, to help him with that "test"!

for payment he's going to leave you his shrooom collection

Posted By: gingerosity
Apparently I'm not the only one who's been to the smithy recently.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-36139904

I didn't see North Korea on that list ...but anyway "Citizen of The World" simply means you can take an airplane to anyplace in the World..it doesn't mean you have "The Right" to enter ...

so instead of forging a "Citizen of the World" status on your passport place "Refugee of the World" on it

well KR's and Cress's memory seems to still be adequate

Kidreason only said that he will eventually take LSD ..see "yule liquor" how you lack focus..it might be due to the LSD you "once" tripped on ...as for CressB he's telling people to take LSD and watch a "Bug's life" cartoon
 kidreason29
Msg: 313
Posted: 4/28/2016 8:27:54 AM

wouldn't the reason why someone would risk taking a dangerous drug just to trip be the first sign of being depressed

no

http://tinyurl.com/z3a77rl
 kidreason29
Msg: 314
Posted: 4/28/2016 8:01:02 PM
what to feel, or what to perceive?

everyone is either:
1.)angels/mystical beings
2.)a higher evolved form of chimp
3.)biological machines

Kidreason only said that he will eventually take LSD ..see "yule liquor" how you lack focus..it might be due to the LSD you "once" tripped on ...as for CressB he's telling people to take LSD and watch a "Bug's life" cartoon

lol, that was hilarious.
 CressB
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2016 8:37:35 PM
^^^

Hay, I never "told people to take LSD".
 kidreason29
Msg: 316
Posted: 4/29/2016 3:18:53 PM
It is funny how you can come perceive things, or situations in other ways when you cut out the sound.

...first watch these videos for one minute, without sound, without trying to read their lips..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HuqDXf9V-o
https://youtu.be/YU3vcvGpALQ?t=539
 kidreason29
Msg: 317
Posted: 4/29/2016 3:58:05 PM
“Through the years, a man peoples a space with images of provinces, kingdoms, mountains, bays, ships, islands, fishes, rooms, tools, stars, horses and people. Shortly before his death, he discovers that the patient labyrinth of lines traces the image of his own face.” Jorge Borges
 funchesf
Msg: 318
Posted: 4/30/2016 6:40:03 AM

no

http://tinyurl.com/z3a77rl

that chart was for "Dependence" not "Depression"

my argument was what would get one to the point of taking a dangerous hallucinogenic "just to trip" if the person was not already on the brink of depression or seeking something addictive to escape or deal with reality

but anyway I'm beginning to notice a change in you ...when you first came to the forum you were posting A+B -AD =QZ... but now you posts Wikipedia links

you have been Assimilated... Resistance was futile..... you are "WIKIPEDIAN"

Posted By: CressB
Hay, I never "told people to take LSD".

ok you only "suggested" that those that "accidentally" took some dangerous mind altering hallucinogenics to watch the cartoon "it's a bug's life"

It is funny how you can come perceive things, or situations in other ways when you cut out the sound.

...first watch these videos for one minute, without sound, without trying to read their lips..

see how you found ways to trip without taking LSD
 kidreason29
Msg: 319
Posted: 4/30/2016 10:32:20 AM

but anyway I'm beginning to notice a change in you ...when you first came to the forum you were posting A+B -AD =QZ... but now you posts Wikipedia links

lol. sometimes we need a change, for example, logic doesn't care about 'existence', it is considered an irrelevant concept.

do you miss my absurd logical arguments?
 gingerosity
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 4/30/2016 5:43:59 PM

you have been Assimilated... Resistance was futile..... you are "WIKIPEDIAN"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:ANTI
 kidreason29
Msg: 321
Posted: 4/30/2016 9:11:17 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:ANTI

I think a lot of anti-Wikipedia's have some deep rooted jealousy of the fact Wikipedia wasn't around for their earlier years. Wikipedia, what would we do without thee?

Perhaps one day, you will be on everyone's hard drive, hardwired to our brains, and we won't have to ever learn a thing again.
 funchesf
Msg: 322
Posted: 5/1/2016 6:14:23 AM

lol. sometimes we need a change, for example, logic doesn't care about 'existence', it is considered an irrelevant concept.

which came first ...logic or existence

do you miss my absurd logical arguments?

they were your own original thoughts, but you allowed the forum to conform you

you went from Kidreason to Kidpedia

I think a lot of anti-Wikipedia's have some deep rooted jealousy of the fact Wikipedia wasn't around for their earlier years. Wikipedia, what would we do without thee?

they probably be forced to do something real scary like form their own original thoughts

Perhaps one day, you will be on everyone's hard drive, hardwired to our brains, and we won't have to ever learn a thing again.

that's exactly why people post Wikipedia links now ....google is doing the thinking for them and google brought the rights to these weird robots that you see running through the forest by themselves ..it's like watching Termintor 3 become reality
 kidreason29
Msg: 323
Posted: 5/1/2016 6:00:25 PM

which came first ...logic or existence

I'll assume you mean the concept of existence.
Thought cannot be separated from feeling. But you can have feeling without thought, for example mediation.

Existence doesn't have to be a abstract concept, it could be a feeling first, then it could be that abstract concepts are built onto it, as a way to refer to the experience.

For example, have you ever had those moments, where you felt a 'surge of awakening' throughout your body, unexplainable in language, but then you put the words on it, to refer to that experience. It happened to me a few times, the words I put to the experience was "I'm alive.", I've heard some other people use "I'm aware", etc. perhaps referring to the same experience.

Only at these moments, do you understand existence. For example, assuming there is life after death, you will have a deeper understanding of 'existence' after your death.

A computer doesn't understand existence, because it doesn't experience it. A logical analysis of existence, without the experience, is just the manipulations/calculation of meaningless symbols.

Through the manipulation of symbols/calculations we forget about the experiences they refer to.

Which is why logic should have nothing to do with 'existence'. And which is why 'existence' can come first, before it is put into an abstract concept (words, etc.).

There are things that which the intellect/reason just cannot grasp, which brings me to this... I find it absurd that people think their intellect is the sole mechanism to their understanding. It is difficult to try to explain to someone who has never had a similar experience, using words to describe it, usually after this point, they will call everything you have said absurd.
 kawabi77
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2016 7:09:02 PM
How about a question of 'why does God allow bad things to happen?'
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 325
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2016 9:16:09 PM

How about a question of 'why does God allow bad things to happen?'

Many many 'bad things' are subjective. If it were to get to the point where there would little to no subjective bad/wrongs, then he/it'd be intervening so much, that you mine as well just be a puppet with no sense of self. In an ideal world or heaven-like one, you'd have to have emotional hurt/pain/bad-things on some level that happens billions of times a day. Like sports. Not everyone's a winner. Painful, anguishing losses sometimes. It makes things Real. So there's some level of 'bad' things that would be there.

But then you get to another level -- Too much / Unnecessary levels. Some fundies will tell you that because God-says-so, it's good (circular argument). But obviously it's not. There's no need for diseases, nor any need for bad genetics not at all linked by bad behaviors (let alone punishing one's kids for it; really 'god'? that's a pretty limited power if that's the most you can do, and quite poor).

We Could be living in an optimized world/universe where much of the fatal flaws would be nixed. We don't. So that's the question to Gawd. Why not an optimized world with the Unnecessary issues like flawed genetics, diseases not linked to only-when-porking-prostitutes, etc?

IF there is a Gawd, I think the answer would be "I'm not in control of that. Dude, this is our version of the Sims. We wanted to have a natural universe, and this is what is begotten over eons. I observe. It's my soap opera. Next question..."
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?