Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funchesf
Msg: 351
If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Page 15 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

Zen, Tao, Buddhism, etc are going to be the only 'religions' of the future

those are more like philosophies than religions because they are of rules handed down by Man and not a Supernatural Entity, also some people gravitate towards them because it equated them to be "wise" or have information that others lack due to the illusion of meditation which is basically the same as taking a "catnap"

eventually the Abrahamic religions will die out. that's my prediction

as long as the religion has prophecies and/or prophets it will never die out, an example of the Abrahamic Religions being revitalized is Joseph Smith as a prophet and the creation of Mormonism

also a belief in the Abrahamic Religions is the same as a belief in Aliens and the Paranormal, both are of the same entities, Gods, Angels and Demons are technically Aliens and they also exist in the world of The Paranormal

believing in God and the bible is an acceptable delusion but claiming Spirituality or believing in God and not the bible is not acceptable because it becomes a belief in the Paranormal

FOR EXAMPLE
if you tell someone that you have a Spirit in your home they will call you crazy or delusional but it you say that the spirit in your home is God then you're religious and accepted as having a sound mind

you can't get rid of religion without first getting rid of Aliens and the paranormal and as long as there are other planets in the Universe with the possibility of containing life and phobias of ghosts, spirits or "things that go bump in the night" that will never happen
 kidreason29
Msg: 352
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Posted: 5/22/2016 6:46:59 PM

those are more like philosophies than religions because they are of rules handed down by Man and not a Supernatural Entity, also some people gravitate towards them because it equated them to be "wise" or have information that others lack due to the illusion of meditation which is basically the same as taking a "catnap"

they are not regarded as religions, because if they were the definition of religion would be too wide almost to mean anything instead of some particular narrow meaning

meditation is scientifically proven to be beneficial, but I'm just going to regard your comment as bait instead and avoid it all together... but of course you could drink too much water or breathe too much air. Moderations is the key

you can't get rid of religion without first getting rid of Aliens and the paranormal

Is it really a belief that there is other life out there in the universe aka aliens, seems sorta self-evident with us being here. Unless you are into the grey aliens watching us or operating with our government conspiracy stuff.

if the Abrahamic Religions were to stay in the future I think it would be for the images, not for the words. Some of the images in these religions can be insightful, but when you read the words they seem to be so convoluted in wording, opening up too many windows of interpretations as to defeat its own purpose.

religion should be more of an art form with images, than a piece of literature
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 353
Posted: 5/22/2016 10:56:02 PM

Gods, Angels and Demons are technically Aliens and they also exist in the world of The Paranormal

The thing that is funny as hell is that when Funch writes inane shit like this ^ , he is truly SERIOUS!
God (a presumed all encompassing and supernatural being) is "technically" an alien.......just too funny!

belief in the Abrahamic Religions is the same as a belief in Aliens

LMAO!
you must be a fan of those wacky 'ancient astronaut alien' programs!
who claim that ancient aliens were mistaken for Gods.
But where does sasquatch fit into all this? We don't wanna leave him out do we!

if you tell someone that you have a Spirit in your home they will call you crazy or delusional

Okay, but then ask them if they will be willing to stay in your home all alone for a night

you say that the spirit in your home is God then you're religious and accepted as having a sound mind

Now that is true, as long as "god" is paying you rent to stay there!

you can't get rid of religion without first getting rid of Aliens and the paranormal and as long as there are other planets in the Universe with the possibility of containing life

If this ^ ain't proof that drugs Fck-up your mind then I dunno what is!

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

f the Abrahamic Religions were to stay in the future I think it would be for the images, not for the words.

You better hope & pray that all these mainstream religions are here to stay!
Its very likely only thing today that is tempering us from blowing each other away in a nuclear holocaust

Look at what happened during the brief stint where these religions were carved outta some societies!
--you had Nazism that replaced the Bible with mein-Kampf
--you had shinto-ism replaced with Militarism where the Emperor was an infallible "god"
--you had Communism that replaced the Bible with the Communist Manifesto

when you leave out "religion" (even with all its faults), it leaves a void; and that void is usually filled with self-Deistic manifestations!

You are gonna have to serve somebody; it may be the Lord or it may be the Devil, but you are gonna have serve somebody

~~Bob Dylan
 funchesf
Msg: 354
Posted: 5/23/2016 6:01:57 AM

Posted By: kidreason29
they are not regarded as religions, because if they were the definition of religion would be too wide almost to mean anything instead of some particular narrow meaning

actually unless the Government in which the belief is practice defines it as a religion..then it's a cult...

meditation is scientifically proven to be beneficial, but I'm just going to regard your comment as bait instead and avoid it all together.

it's not bait... it's to show your bias in favor of Buddhism because why would meditation be anymore beneficial then prayer in Christianity

Is it really a belief that there is other life out there in the universe aka aliens, seems sorta self-evident with us being here.

just because the Universe exist doesn't mean that God or Aliens also exist, you have to factor in the possibility that Earth might be the only place in existence where life exist

Unless you are into the grey aliens watching us or operating with our government conspiracy stuff.

only when I watch Mulder and Scully in the X-Files

if the Abrahamic Religions were to stay in the future I think it would be for the images, not for the words. Some of the images in these religions can be insightful, but when you read the words they seem to be so convoluted in wording, opening up too many windows of interpretations as to defeat its own purpose.

the words in the bible are not convoluted they are "chamelonic", in which each person that looks at it sees something different, those that believe in the bible see what they want to see, wouldn't that explain why they are so many different denominations of the same religion

religion should be more of an art form with images, than a piece of literature

pretty sure when Moses descended down from the Mountains with the stone tablets they most likely didn't contain any pictures, there are billions of people that believe in these religions not for the images but because of the words, the question to ask is why?

Posted By: Yule_liquor
The thing that is funny as hell is that when Funch writes inane shit like this ^ , he is truly SERIOUS!
God (a presumed all encompassing and supernatural being) is "technically" an alien.......just too funny!

if God wasn't born on Earth ...then he's an Alien ...that he may presumably be all encompassing makes him an illegal Alien ...and angels/ demons that fall to Earth are illegal refugees

when if comes to God you're either worshiping an Alien or worshiping a Ghost...both exist in the realm of the paranormal, this is why a religious belief is a belief in the paranormal

Now that is true, as long as "god" is paying you rent to stay there!

giving ten percent of your income is not God paying your rent..it's you paying his

If this ^ ain't proof that drugs Fck-up your mind then I dunno what is!

aren't you that one that admitted to taking acid .. ..I guess that LSD messed up your mind so much that you must have forgotten ....another example why Kidreason should think twice before he does it

You better hope & pray that all these mainstream religions are here to stay!
Its very likely only thing today that is tempering us from blowing each other away in a nuclear holocaust

I'm pretty sure those that survived the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki would disagree with you

when you leave out "religion" (even with all its faults), it leaves a void; and that void is usually filled with self-Deistic manifestations!

which may explain why people gravitate towards God/ Religion as a form of self-medicating
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 355
Posted: 5/23/2016 7:15:07 AM
^

if God wasn't born on Earth ...then he's an Alien

A God doesn't get "born", and has no begining and no end.....Ummm, that would what constitutes being a God

and angels/ demons that fall to Earth are illegal refugees

put away the dope and get yourself some help!

aren't you that one that admitted to taking acid

I took it once and it didn't agree with me, which is why I don't desire any mid altering shit

.I guess that LSD messed up your mind so much that you must have forgotten

actually, there has been little or no evidence that even longterm use of acid, causes mental derangement,... but that isn't the case for Marijuana, so maybe you should be the one to "think twice" everytime you go make your contribution to your drug dealer's retirement fund.

. those that survived the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki would disagree with you

if those who suffered the above blasts had enough sense NOT to put FAITH in an man who thought he was an infallible God and didn't believe he was being defeated, none of that shit would have happened.
 funchesf
Msg: 356
Posted: 5/23/2016 9:05:44 AM

Posted By: yule_liquor
A God doesn't get "born",

if a God "doesn't" get born that's only further proof the he didn't get born on Earth...and that's why he's an Alien, why is it so hard to accept that you worship an Alien ...people have worshiped bears, snakes, wombats, Bigfoot

I took it once and it didn't agree with me,

hummm...using the Bill Clinton excuse I see? ....did you also not have sex with that woman

actually, there has been little or no evidence that even longterm use of acid, causes mental derangement

actually mental derangement can occur by taking LSD only once, ... I mean let's face it...you're here in the forums talking about how some un-provable entity is going to burn people's donkeys and how you exist as a 3D hologram as a figment of this un-provable entity's imagination ...don't you think that sound just a tab bit derange

if those who suffered the above blasts had enough sense NOT to put FAITH in an man who thought he was an infallible God and didn't believe he was being defeated, none of that shit would have happened.

being under the control of an Emperor or the government is not the same as having Faith...so to blame the victims for being nuked is typical bible mentality .. just like some try to justify that it was everyone's fault for being intentionally drown by God in The Great Flood
 kidreason29
Msg: 357
Posted: 5/23/2016 11:17:52 AM

it's to show your bias in favor of Buddhism because why would meditation be anymore beneficial then prayer in Christianity

this obviously shows your lack of knowledge of meditation, im not gonna comment on ignorance

just because the Universe exist doesn't mean that God or Aliens also exist, you have to factor in the possibility that Earth might be the only place in existence where life exist

that probability is approximatiely zero

actually mental derangement can occur by taking LSD only once

LSD can be beneficial, but it has too many negative connotations associated with it, as all drugs do. There is a time and place for its use, under the right circumstances it can be an aid rather than a hindrance

I mean let's face it...you're here in the forums talking about how some un-provable entity is going to burn people's donkeys and how you exist as a 3D hologram as a figment of this un-provable entity's imagination ...don't you think that sound just a tab bit derange

This is what happens when the limited intellect tries to grasp the unintelligible. But of course you put his words in a way to make it sound nonsensicle.

Some things are better left to the imagination, arts, poetry, etc rather than trying to grasp it with the intellect, logic, etc
 funchesf
Msg: 358
Posted: 5/23/2016 2:54:48 PM

this obviously shows your lack of knowledge of meditation, im not gonna comment on ignorance

calling someone ignorant because they do not accept your Buddhist views pertaining to meditation is no different than a Christian calling someone ignorant because they don't believe that prayers are answered .....next time just say that you're not going to throw pearls to swine

that probability is approximatiely zero

but yet you can't produce one Alien ..I guess no proof is proof ..

LSD can be beneficial

the same can be said about arsenic as both are toxic

This is what happens when the limited intellect tries to grasp the unintelligible.

that statement in itself is a contradiction....perhaps an example of limited intellect?

But of course you put his words in a way to make it sound nonsensicle.

making claims that everyone is a 3D hologram figment of an un-provable entity's imagination with no proof other than tripping off of LSD is sort of impossible to keep it from sounding nonsensical

Some things are better left to the imagination, arts, poetry, etc rather than trying to grasp it with the intellect, logic, etc

for that is the purpose of Faith ...it doesn't require logic nor intellect while endowing you with the ability to turn all your delusions into your very own reality
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 359
Posted: 5/23/2016 4:21:49 PM

if a God "doesn't" get born that's only further proof the he didn't get born on Earth.

.......man, ^ talk about being deranged, eh!

If God didn't get born, and always exists, and supposedly is the creator, then obviously there isn't any existing place in this Universe where he can be considered an alien because he is connected to everything. He cannot be an alien anymore than a Hydrogen atom can be an alien on the opposite side of this Universe.

The only possible situation where a God is considered an alien, is if he comes across another God of equal magnitude and traverses into his domain (or vice versa).

actually mental derangement can occur by taking LSD only once,

Unless you are talking about the temporary psychedelic effect it has on the user, then otherwise you will have to cite credible sources to uphold your statement. If true then I'll admit I'm wrong!

you're here in the forums talking about how some un-provable entity is going to burn people's donkeys

without being able to know absolute truth (see Kurt Godel's incompleteness theorem), axiomatically, we are in no position to show was is provable and what isn't, in the grand scheme of creation!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godel's_incompleteness_theorems

and how you exist as a 3D hologram as a figment of this un-provable entity's imagination

I know that this is a waste on my part to mention this, but you may want to look into the work of Prof Leonard Susskind from Stanford U. And he's not the only one! It does not prove that God is behind the holographic Universe, but it kinda makes that association easier to see (for those who have eyes).

scientificamerican.com/article/universe-really-is-a-holo/

being under the control of an Emperor or the government is not the same as having Faith.

It is.....if you vigorously support his directives, as much of the Japanese pple were doing (well before the start of WW2). When you accept (or vote in) a leader, it is because you believe (or have faith ) in what he/she says. Thus, if Trump wins, it is because you are behind his policy, and if he brings you misery; then you will need to sleep in the bed you made (succubus included).
 kidreason29
Msg: 360
Posted: 5/23/2016 4:52:33 PM

calling someone ignorant because they do not accept your Buddhist views pertaining to meditation is no different than a Christian calling someone ignorant because they don't believe that prayers are answered .....next time just say that you're not going to throw pearls to swine

again you are comparing meditation to prayer, it is like comparing philosophy to religion

but yet you can't produce one Alien ..I guess no proof is proof ..

we are aliens, and all we need is to know bacteria live some where out there in the universe.. of course it does

that statement in itself is a contradiction....perhaps an example of limited intellect?

do you know what a contradiction is?

making claims that everyone is a 3D hologram figment of an un-provable entity's imagination with no proof other than tripping off of LSD is sort of impossible to keep it from sounding nonsensical

I think it is more of a metaphor, an image, etc

for that is the purpose of Faith ...it doesn't require logic nor intellect while endowing you with the ability to turn all your delusions into your very own reality

logic and intellect are limited, the imagination is unlimited
 funchesf
Msg: 361
Posted: 5/24/2016 6:32:12 AM

If God didn't get born, and always exists, and supposedly is the creator, then obviously there isn't any existing place in this Universe where he can be considered an alien because he is connected to everything.

the fact that God exist as an entity of a spiritual existence is what makes him an Alien on our physical World and the fact that God "supposedly" has no beginning or ending or neither alive nor dead is why God exist as a paranormal

Unless you are talking about the temporary psychedelic effect it has on the user, then otherwise you will have to cite credible sources to uphold your statement. If true then I'll admit I'm wrong!

my source is you ...it is you that took the LSD and it is you that believe you exist as a figment of an un-provable entity's imagination ....and your questionable semi-sane posts are the reasons why LSD lacking any long lasting psychedelic effects can't be ruled out

without being able to know absolute truth (see Kurt Godel's incompleteness theorem), axiomatically, we are in no position to show was is provable and what isn't, in the grand scheme of creation!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godel's_incompleteness_theorems

oh jeez, now yule liquor the last hold out have now turn into one of the Wikipedia pod people

you have been assimilated.... resistance was futile.... you are now WIKIPEDIAN

you want me to go to a link so a guy can tell me that I don't exist .....isn't it enough that I have to read your insanity

It is.....if you vigorously support his directives, as much of the Japanese pple were doing

so were the little babies that got nuked on Hiroshima and Nagasaki also vigorously supporting his directives, ..see how your views are scary ...so can you once again explain why things would have been worse if religion didn't exist

again you are comparing meditation to prayer, it is like comparing philosophy to religion

philosophy, religion and politics are the same, also you have yet to explain the benefits one would receive from mediation that they wouldn't receive from prayer

we are aliens,

we are not aliens if born on this planet...we are inhabitants

and all we need is to know bacteria live some where out there in the universe.. of course it does

until we know for sure then it's only a belief that Alien life exist...also that bacteria could have been originated from Earth due to an asteroid strike

do you know what a contradiction is?

er..yes...er...maybe ..

I think it is more of a metaphor, an image, etc

it's not a metaphor or yule liquor wouldn't be posting Wikipedia links to prove that he exist a 3D hologram, it could be the LSD making him believe this ...after all these decades...he could still be "Tripping"

logic and intellect are limited, the imagination is unlimited

the imagination is limited ...which explains "Writer's Block"

it's impossible to imagine the unimaginable ....funches 3:16
 kidreason29
Msg: 362
Posted: 5/24/2016 3:49:49 PM

philosophy, religion and politics are the same, also you have yet to explain the benefits one would receive from mediation that they wouldn't receive from prayer

they aren't the same, but are related, and I'm not going to explain the benefits you can look it up yourself

we are not aliens if born on this planet...we are inhabitants

Yet immigrants are aliens, things are only relatively alien not absolutely.

Everything is alien therefore nothing is alien, we are inhabitants of this universe.

until we know for sure then it's only a belief that Alien life exist...also that bacteria could have been originated from Earth due to an asteroid strike

There is a very small line between belief and non-belief... If you were to convince me, show me proof that something were real, and I took it as real, then you show that it was all a hoax, was it for me a belief that it was real the whole time? What about before you show me that it was all a hoax, then I forget about, do I still hold the belief?

the imagination is limited ...which explains "Writer's Block"

it's impossible to imagine the unimaginable ....funches 3:16

hmmm... imagine that.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 363
Posted: 5/24/2016 7:15:52 PM

the fact that God exist as an entity of a spiritual existence is what makes him an Alien on our physical World

If God is all powerful, and created this physical Universe, then he is all-sovereign, and cannot under any circumstances be an alien as he bears all connectivity inherent in what we deem to be "physical". The fact that your impaired mind can't comprehend this shows how weak your cognitive faculties are.

my source is you..

So you are using me as a source!...
Without you knowing if I "believed" something like that.. even prior to taking the LSD.
With that said, I can feel assured in saying that even Wikipedia is far too sophisticated for ya!

oh jeez, now yule liquor the last hold out have now turn into one of the Wikipedia pod people

If you wanna read about Kurt Godel's theorem outside of Wiki, then go ahead; there are tons of review articles of it. But I know you won't do it, because like Trump, your vanity won't let you accept that you might be wrong!

you want me to go to a link so a guy can tell me that I don't exist

No, I want you to go on this link, so you could hopefully stop using your anus as the prime source of much of your information.

so were the little babies that got nuked on Hiroshima and Nagasaki also vigorously supporting his directives

No, but the adults who were responsible for safeguarding their children's future & well-being were indeed supporting his directives, even when it became futile to do so. They put their faith in the hands of a self appointed "god", who they allowed to lead them and their children to their doom, when he had the full opportunity to surrender and spare his pple unneeded misery in the midst of defeat!

see how your views are scary ..

The thing that would truly be "scary" is if you occupy a position or job where pple have to depend on your (thinking processes) judgment & common sense for their safety & well being!

it could be the LSD making him believe this ...after all these decades...he could still be "Tripping"

Even if I was "tripping" at full throttle; I'm pretty sure that I would still be (at any given moment) more rational than you have shown yourself to be here.
 Lonely4You2_FE
Msg: 364
Posted: 5/24/2016 7:47:19 PM
Ask him if he wants a refill!!
 funchesf
Msg: 365
Posted: 5/25/2016 6:36:52 AM

they aren't the same, but are related,

as Elvis Presley would say...Philosophy, Religion and Politics are "kissing cousins"

and I'm not going to explain the benefits you can look it up yourself

there are only two reasons why you wouldn't explain... either because you are incapable of doing so or you have become enlighten to the fact that there are no extra benefits that one can receive from Buddhist meditation that they couldn't receive from Christian prayer

Everything is alien therefore nothing is alien, we are inhabitants of this universe.

and so far there is no proof that those inhabitants exist or were spawn"on or from" any other planet but Earth

There is a very small line between belief and non-belief... If you were to convince me, show me proof that something were real, and I took it as real, then you show that it was all a hoax, was it for me a belief that it was real the whole time? What about before you show me that it was all a hoax, then I forget about, do I still hold the belief?

the only absolute truth is the existence of yourself to yourself because everything else might be a delusion ....funches 3:16

hmmm... imagine that.

go ahead give it a try...reveal to the forum something that you have imagined that's unimaginable

If God is all powerful, and created this physical Universe, then he is all-sovereign, and cannot under any circumstances be an alien as he bears all connectivity inherent in what we deem to be "physical".

this you know for the bible tells you so ...but unfortunately God wasn't born on Earth and exist as a Ghost and according to science and those that believe in the paranormal.., that's what classify God as being a paranormal alien

So you are using me as a source!..

yep, since you are the one that took the LSD and the one that believe you exist as a 3D holographic figment of some un-provable entity's imagination ....so did you actually drop the acid or did the un-provable entity make you imagine it or was it the un-provable entity that dropped the acid and having hallucinations that you exist

If you wanna read about Kurt Godel's theorem outside of Wiki, then go ahead; there are tons of review articles of it. But I know you won't do it,

I don't come to this forum to find and read Wikipedia links... BEHOLD FOR I HAVE COMETH to read your own original thoughts "if any"...no matter how insane they might be ...it's in the interest of National Security

No, but the adults who were responsible for safeguarding their children's future & well-being were indeed supporting his directives

you're assuming that all the adults on Hiroshima and Nagasaki all thought the same ..it's interesting how you keep trying to find ways to justify why it's ok to nuke innocent people including children to justify your religious beliefs

Even if I was "tripping" at full throttle; I'm pretty sure that I would still be (at any given moment) more rational than you have shown yourself to be here.

it's the LSD that's making you say and believe that
 kidreason29
Msg: 366
Posted: 5/25/2016 6:15:08 PM

as Elvis Presley would say...Philosophy, Religion and Politics are "kissing cousins"

really Elvis Presley? And "kissing cousins" ...

there are only two reasons why you wouldn't explain... either because you are incapable of doing so or you have become enlighten to the fact that there are no extra benefits that one can receive from Buddhist meditation that they couldn't receive from Christian prayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2cCnwnX0KM

and so far there is no proof that those inhabitants exist or were spawn"on or from" any other planet but Earth

if anyone _believes_ we are the only inhabitants of this universe, they must either be Christian or dumb.

the only absolute truth is the existence of yourself to yourself because everything else might be a delusion ....funches 3:16

Yourself doesn't exist without other. Therefore yourself wouldn't be the only absolute truth. For there to be an "I" or "self", there has to be an other. It is implied, otherwise we would not be able to have differentiation to say 'yourself'.

Also the self is an illusion, and it is a narrative bias. Also when you die you would have to always exist as 'yourself', except 'yourself' implies a static thing, when the self is actually a continuously changing entity.

Therefore with all the above, it isn't an absolute truth.

go ahead give it a try...reveal to the forum something that you have imagined that's unimaginable

The imagination is only limited by its knowledge. It goes to show that the imagination is unlimited, because it is capable of imagining that itself can cannot imagine the unimaginable.

It is the same as a Omni being, capable of being able to be Omni and non-Omni at the same time, that is true Omni being.
 kidreason29
Msg: 367
Posted: 5/25/2016 8:40:30 PM
hmm, tell me what you think, http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=thich+quang+duc&FORM=HDRSC2
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 368
Posted: 5/25/2016 8:56:13 PM

so if everything else might be a "delusion" then WTF could that make you?
But seriously you don't need to answer this, because I'm sure you have no shortage of twisted-ass statements to make.

this you know for the bible tells you so

No, I understand it because by logical deduction; if God is "God" then he would have to be as I described him.
The OT Bible has God making all kinds of uncertain decisions and having misgivings about what he supposedly did, and that does not bode for someone all-mighty and all powerful; so no, I do not accept the OT Bible's version of what a God ought to be like.

that's what classify (sic) God as being a paranormal alien

what clown did you get this 'classification' from!
Lemme guess, you came up with it all by yourself!
Whatta talent!

and the one that believe you exist as a 3D holographic figment

If we are all "inside" players or participants in the same paradigm, then prove to me how this couldn't be possible; since an "insider" would have no point of reference outside his frame-work. If you could argue this (coherently of course) you will likely be in contention for a Nobel science award!

I don't come to this forum to find and read Wikipedia links

What this ^ translates into is that:
a) you don't know jack-squat, and
b) you are not gonna allow yourself to read something that will expose you as a fool to your own inflated ego!

it's interesting how you keep trying to find ways to justify why it's ok to nuke innocent people including children to justify your religious beliefs

Kinda like how you flippantly suggested that nuking Vietnam (post 221 and afterwards), would have been the way to "win" that war. I guess the victims are only innocent when you are trying defend your idiotic beliefs.

it's the LSD that's making you say and believe that

Its funny how a pot-head (something you've never denied being) is saying that usage of LSD causes permanent derangements when there is far more ample evidence that Marijuana is the real culprit in that regard.

This in turn explains why you are fixed in your delusions about how sane pple are impaired and meanwhile those truly deranged (yourself included), seem sane!

So keep smoking that Ganja, and don't let the facts stand in your way!
 funchesf
Msg: 369
Posted: 5/26/2016 5:17:29 AM

really Elvis Presley? And "kissing cousins" ...

Philosophy are laws..... handed down by Man that wish to be God
Religion are laws....... handed down by an imaginary God
Politics are laws...... handed down by Men that voters turn into God
Kissing Cousins are the laws..... resulting from the inbreeding of Philosophy, Religion and Politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2cCnwnX0KM

if you're going to be a racist...then use your own original thoughts and not hide behind youtube to do it for you, and that's why I'm not going to visit anymore of your links ..at the least be a brave racist

if anyone _believes_ we are the only inhabitants of this universe, they must either be Christian or dumb.

actually Christians believe in angels demons and God which are aliens and like you they have no proof they exist

Yourself doesn't exist without other.

wouldn't the other be the delusion ....

The imagination is only limited by its knowledge. It goes to show that the imagination is unlimited

a lack of knowledge proves that you are not omniscient and therefore would have a limited imagination

It is the same as a Omni being, capable of being able to be Omni and non-Omni at the same time,

you're either pregnant or you're not pregnant ..claiming to be both Omni and Non-Omni is a confused Un-Omni

so if everything else might be a "delusion" then WTF could that make you?

it means that the first time you "yule liquor" took LSD it placed you into a coma and your entire reality are delusions

so no, I do not accept the OT Bible's version of what a God ought to be like.

without the bible to hide behind then it's up to you to provide proof that God is not a figment of your imagination ...
so explain what proof you have that God exist....so...er..does God talk to you? ....so ..er..do you hear voices?

what clown did you get this 'classification' from!

if you're religious that spirit roaming around in your home is God, if you're not religious that spirit is a paranormal alien ...which is why a belief in God is a belief in the paranormal and aliens

Kinda like how you flippantly suggested that nuking Vietnam (post 221 and afterwards), would have been the way to "win" that war. I guess the victims are only innocent when you are trying defend your idiotic beliefs.

now you're backtracking ...you are now trying to claim that it's religion that is keeping the world from blowing itself up ...and I'm asking the question what benefits of having religion are there pertaining to nuking innocent children and others on Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Its funny how a pot-head

well you must be referring to yourself become I've never made such a claim ...you are the admitted LSD user ...false accusations or hallucinations is yet another example of how LSD could still be affecting you
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 370
Posted: 5/26/2016 6:21:43 AM
^

it means that the first time you "yule liquor" took LSD it placed you into a coma and your entire reality are delusions

If I was an acid head (as you are a pot head), I could then use that ^ line of thinking.
But you still yet to explain how "only you are real, and all else could be a delusion" if you are not constantly stoned!

it's up to you to provide proof that God is not a figment of your imagination

He may very well be; but I allow the possibility that such a being can exist because we are not capable of ruling out what lies beyond the physical Universe, and I'm astute enough to know that. Thus, I do not need proof per se; the mere possibility is good enough for me! Secondly, belief in the Biblical God is not considered proof of his existence either.

you are now trying to claim that it's religion that is keeping the world from blowing itself up

Its one of the things that does; the other thing is fear of self annihilation.

and I'm asking the question what benefits of having religion are there pertaining to nuking innocent children and others on Hiroshima and Nagasaki

The benefits, are that one can have a basis to teach their kids to love and respect others as they would themselves. And for adults to love and care for their kids enough so they don't put them in harm's way that the Japanese adults did in WW2 by shifting their faith from their time honored religion to that of Militarism; which threatened the existence of their opponents (both young and old) world wide. As it says in the "good book". The wages of sin is death!

I've never made such a claim

you never denied it when the allegation was made; therefore I must conclude that you are a pot-head!

you are the admitted LSD user

One of the keys to having a good memory is to pay attention what gets said!
I said that I used it only once (which was well over 25 yrs ago), and I had no psychedelic effects

false accusations or hallucinations is yet another example of how --->

--->psychosis is a consequence of chronic pot smoking.
 funchesf
Msg: 371
Posted: 5/26/2016 8:04:49 AM

If I was an acid head (as you are a pot head), I could then use that ^ line of thinking.

I've never stated anything about smoking pot ....but you have admitted that you used LSD ...resorting to lying in a debate is worst that posting Wikipedia links

He may very well be

if you're not sure if God is or isn't a figment of your imagination..then most likely he is ...

The benefits, are that one can have a basis to teach their kids to love and respect others as they would themselves

so to teach Love and Respect is why Religion is needed and why a nuke was dropped on the children of Hiroshima and Nagasaki

you never denied it when the allegation was made; therefore I must conclude that you are a pot-head!

I shouldn't have to address every lie or false rumor you conjure up, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that some form of morality would kick in and you would stop....

I said that I used it only once (which was well over 25 yrs ago), and I had no psychedelic effects

it could be an after-effect of taking LSD that makes you think or believe that
 kidreason29
Msg: 372
Posted: 5/26/2016 1:49:36 PM

Philosophy are laws..... handed down by Man that wish to be God
Religion are laws....... handed down by an imaginary God
Politics are laws...... handed down by Men that voters turn into God
Kissing Cousins are the laws..... resulting from the inbreeding of Philosophy, Religion and Politics

I don't think you mean these literally, I can get the gist of what you mean, but if they are literal definitions then I don't agree with them

if you're going to be a racist...then use your own original thoughts and not hide behind youtube to do it for you, and that's why I'm not going to visit anymore of your links ..at the least be a brave racist

if that's how you take it then that is what it is, but that wasn't my intention

a lack of knowledge proves that you are not omniscient and therefore would have a limited imagination

The imagination is unlimited in the sense that, no thought ever thought by another was ever the same, and was ever once the same throughout their lifetime, no one ever has had the same thought. No one has the same thoughts on anything, and no one ever has the same exact thoughts throughout their lifetime. All that is required is a bit of knowledge/sensory input to start the engine of imagination. Given enough time I could constantly think new thoughts, forever... in that sense it is unlimited.

claiming to be both Omni and Non-Omni is a confused Un-Omni

A true Omni being can be both Omni and non-Omni simultaneously, then it is not within the constraints of logic. A true Omni being is capable of being non-capable.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 373
Posted: 5/26/2016 9:10:16 PM

I've never stated anything about smoking pot

But you didn't deny it; as you are not denying it now.
Pot-heads don't go advertizing that they are Pot-heads
until they find a like minded person.
But they do offer clues.

but you have admitted that you used LSD

yes, once over 25 yrs ago

resorting to lying in a debate

Is what you've been doing, as you accuse me of using LSD; 25 yrs later after the fact.
Its either that or you are just fk'n totally ignorant.

if you're not sure if God is or isn't a figment of your imagination.

Not being sure if something is a "figment of imagination" leaves the door open that it may actually not be a "figment" at all

so to teach Love and Respect is why Religion is needed and why a nuke was dropped on the children of Hiroshima

This ^ is a very good example of a 'loose association' (psychiatric parlance)
So all you boys & girls out there listening; this is what dope does to your brain.
And the funny thing is that this guy thinks I'm the one who is "tripping"!

http://psychcentral.com/encyclopedia/loose-associations/

I shouldn't have to address every lie or false rumor

So if somebody (falsely) accuses you of murder; are you not gonna deny it?
You falsely stated that I am currently "tripping" and called me an LSD user when I tried it just once about 25 yrs ago, and I denied it!

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that some form of morality would kick in and you would stop

I was giving you the same benefit, that some logic and common sense would kick in about you saying that I was still "tripping" after 25 yrs ...but I guess I was asking for too much from someone who isn't playing with a "full deck"!
 funchesf
Msg: 374
Posted: 5/28/2016 6:32:58 AM

I don't think you mean these literally, I can get the gist of what you mean, but if they are literal definitions then I don't agree with them

Philosophy, Religion and Politics is all about those being placed into the position of playing God and handing down laws to Man ..

if that's how you take it then that is what it is, but that wasn't my intention

since you are the one that posted the link then it was your intention to promote racism ...take responsibility for it, if you choose not to be blamed for the racist views or the absurd thoughts of others, then perhaps you should refrain from hiding behind and posting youtube and/or Wikipedia links and only use your own original thoughts

Given enough time I could constantly think new thoughts, forever... in that sense it is unlimited.

since you posted Wikipedia links you can no longer make such a claim ....if you believe that you are immune from having the very same thoughts as everyone else then accept the challenge that I've offer a while back to prove that you're not one of the Borg Collective

THE CHALLENGE
tell of a Scientific Concept "a Rational Concept' that you believe no one else every had and I'll tell you which episode of Star Trek you got if from

A true Omni being can be both Omni and non-Omni simultaneously, then it is not within the constraints of logic. A true Omni being is capable of being non-capable.

oh oh it appears that your religious roots are showing because you've just given the concept behind "The Trinity" ... you''re mixing religion with philosophy ...yet another example of how religion, philosophy and politics are the same

But you didn't deny it;

that you believe that someone has to deny every lie you conjure up along with your belief that you exist only as a 3D holographic projection from an entity's imagination that you can't even prove exist clearly does not fall into the realm of thinking rationally ....and that's why it give cause that it's the residual effect associated with you taking LSD

Is what you've been doing, as you accuse me of using LSD; 25 yrs later after the fact.
Its either that or you are just fk'n totally ignorant.

temper temper ...I've only stated that when you took LSD that it had a lasting effect

which is why the question becomes did your habit of conjuring up and spreading lies about people begin before or after you took LSD
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 375
Posted: 5/28/2016 3:32:33 PM
^

that you believe that someone has to deny every lie you conjure up

That you are not gonna deny doing something that you might not be partaking in...is irrational on its own!

I've only stated that when you took LSD that it had a lasting effect

LSD has no "lasting effect", but it has been shown that Pot does (which could explain your bizarre thinking pattern)!
The burden is on you to come up with proper scientific documentation to the contrary.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?