Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 funchesf
Msg: 426
If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Page 18 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

Posted By: kidreason29
This is to say that there is no such thing as Absolute Nothing

if Nothing was an Absolute you nor anything else would exist
 kidreason29
Msg: 427
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Posted: 6/9/2016 5:04:41 AM

if Nothing was an Absolute you nor anything else would exist

Nothing itself is an absolute, but Absolute Nothing is where there is only nothing. There can still be something and be nothing at the same time.
 funchesf
Msg: 428
Posted: 6/9/2016 8:05:08 AM

There can still be something and be nothing at the same time.

unless you can give an "example" of what you are saying that exist in reality then all you're doing is preaching religious dogma based not on any verifiable proof or "rational" facts but solely on questionable Faith

an example an example...my kingdom for an example
 kidreason29
Msg: 429
Posted: 6/9/2016 10:18:42 AM

unless you can give an "example" of what you are saying that exist in reality then all you're doing is preaching religious dogma based not on any verifiable proof or "rational" facts but solely on questionable Faith

an example an example...my kingdom for an example

My example is no example.

I've already told you at msg 470. It is up to you to have the experience. Otherwise you will just stay in the world of words and things, never truly understanding anything because you have never been able to differentiate between a non-thing and a thing.
 funchesf
Msg: 430
Posted: 6/9/2016 1:08:33 PM

My example is no example.

these Perry Mason moments is what makes it all worthwhile ....I rest my case
 kidreason29
Msg: 431
Posted: 6/9/2016 3:17:55 PM
I can't give you an example because it is an experience, to give you an example would be to put the experience to words, which I can't do... I rest my case
 funchesf
Msg: 432
Posted: 6/9/2016 4:29:56 PM

I can't give you an example because it is an experience

a delusion is generally described as an unexplainable experience
 kidreason29
Msg: 433
Posted: 6/9/2016 5:06:01 PM

a delusion is generally described as an unexplainable experience

similarly, someone born blind would respond the same way if told about colors. You are the blind man and I am telling you about the colors, I am not delusional, you are just unable... I rest my case
 flman2015
Msg: 434
Posted: 6/9/2016 6:07:38 PM
this is the ping-pong thread
 funchesf
Msg: 435
Posted: 6/9/2016 6:35:43 PM

I am not delusional

the evidence suggest that you are because you can never give an example of anything you post that exist in reality ...

you claimed that your imagination was unlimited...so i ask you to prove it by giving me a rational scientific concept that can't be found on an episode of Star trek ...and you couldn't do it but yet still believe you have an unlimited imagination

you claim that to experience "nothingness" you have to cease thinking ...not realizing that to experience anything requires thought

I then ask you for an example of nothingness that exist in reality ....then you claim your lack of an example is an example ..which is the same thing the religious claim when they say no proof is proof

so take your pick ...you're either delusional because you lack proof ...or religious because you have faith
 kidreason29
Msg: 436
Posted: 6/10/2016 3:56:06 AM

you claim that to experience "nothingness" you have to cease thinking ...not realizing that to experience anything requires thought

There it is you know what to do. Until you have the experience, everything you say is only from biases of the other side. Experience doesn't require thinking, it is awareness, only afterwards to say anything about it does it.
 skinnybarncat2
Msg: 437
Posted: 6/10/2016 4:11:16 AM
kid- is attempting to show what he has learned. Problem is, most of the time it is all mixed together and does not come out in a rational stream. But, it is in there, somewhere, swirling about in a tornado of encyclopedias....(;

I just dropped in to see how the "god" question was doing. Really have no interest in proving or disproving such a thing. The problems are not that there is or isn't a god, it is from the so called scriptures that many people attempt to follow. It seems that hurting or even killing people is the way to go.

So, IF THERE WERE A GOD, I'd ask, can you please go do your thing somewhere else, or not at all?
 funchesf
Msg: 438
Posted: 6/10/2016 6:59:08 AM

Until you have the experience, everything you say is only from biases of the other side

the same as a Christian saying that until you open up your heart and mind to Jesus everything you say is from Satan

Experience doesn't require thinking, it is awareness,

awareness requires conscious thought,... which is rather impossible to "experience" if you cease all thinking

Posted By: skinnybarncat2
kid- is attempting to show what he has learned.

he learned that he's either religious or delusional, he's seeking a path to follow that will expand his consciousness which explains why he preaching Buddhism/Mediation and why he started a brief discussion in this thread about taking LSD
 Sunny120Y
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2016 1:27:58 AM
This has probably already been mentioned but I think the obvious question to ask God is "Who created you?"
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2016 4:08:45 AM
Nah, I'd say "hey girlfriend, are you seeing anyone?"
 JustDukky
Msg: 441
Posted: 8/26/2016 9:47:02 PM
My Question for the Almighty God would be "When are your kids gonna clean up their room? It's one helluva mess they made!
 aremeself
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2016 7:42:42 PM
Yup, its a mess. Been a mess for some time. Not gonna change. Not if we continue as we are.
 JustDukky
Msg: 443
Posted: 9/20/2016 8:08:14 PM
@ Aremeself

We'd all better smarten up right quick or Daddy's gonna give us a helluva whuppin'!
 Devonation71
Msg: 444
Posted: 10/18/2016 6:12:10 PM
Hey ultimate trans? You big bang? Do you?
 BeckyHT
Msg: 445
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2016 3:34:42 PM
Did you hear NASA just came out and said "Hubble Reveals Observable Universe Contains 10 Times More Galaxies Than Previously Thought"

And this is just in the 'observable' universe. I mean, we can see out only so far, right? How much is beyond?

So my question to 'God', if the deity exists.... WHY SO MANY?

I mean, who can count and track all the possible living organisms on all the possible planets around the billions of stars in the billions of galaxies. Oops, I meant perhaps trillions of galaxies.

You really think there is a 'God' out there?
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 446
Posted: 10/27/2016 8:36:42 PM

NASA just came out and said "Hubble Reveals Observable Universe Contains 10 Times More Galaxies Than Previously Thought"

The better the technology, the more you will find

we can see out only so far, right? How much is beyond?

The Universe is infinite; there are no borderlines
Humans cannot wrap their heads around the concept of infinity; Physicists hate it, because that is where all physical laws break down. Anything that lies beyond the sphere of the natural laws, in truth becomes the supernatural. Infinity, is where the natural ends, and the supernatural begins.

Because the nature of the creator, is to create ad infinitum.
The infinite Universe is a reflexion of what created it

who can count and track all the possible living organisms on all the possible planets around the billions of stars in the billions of galaxies.

Only the creator can, for he (or it) is everywhere at every moment.

You really think there is a 'God' out there?

"god' is not some old fellow with a long beard, sitting on some throne "out there", looking down on us all.
That which you call God is a Creative force, that is endowed in everything, even ourselves.
 gingerosity
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2016 12:28:37 AM

That which you call God is a Creative force, that is endowed in everything, even ourselves.

God is well endowed in the creative force department?
 basilisk123
Msg: 448
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2016 10:56:06 AM
Yay! It's time for some fuzzy logic:
God is well endowed in the creative department.
Christian religion refers to god as father of Jesus.
Fathers are male and males have penises.
Well endowed for a male means having a large penis. Since god is god, and is all powerful, he deserves the largest penis to body ratio.
The animal with the largest penis ratio that I know about is the barnacle with a ratio of 3:1 (penis is 3 times length of body).
God is infinite, so it makes sense that god's body is infinitely large.
So it stands to reason that god's **** is over 3 infinites larger than he his.
So if god is mostly a penis that encompasses over 3 sets of infinity, would it be logical to say that god is little more than an infinitely massive ****
 gingerosity
Msg: 449
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2016 1:33:23 PM
^ Seems logical to me.

God, why are you such a massive dick?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2016 6:15:30 PM

The infinite Universe is a reflexion of what created it

Hey, that's a pretty good answer.

But otherwise, I'd say "Well how many did you want me to make? I'm supposed to make just so many? Do you have a specific number? And a good reason for that number?"

I wonder if the number of galaxies out there turn out to be the same as digits in Pi if we were to reach it's last digit.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?