Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kidreason29
Msg: 26
If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Page 2 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

the only reason for asking must be to affect the listeners in some way

correct
 Vannili
Msg: 27
view profile
History
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Posted: 10/29/2015 1:49:33 PM
My belief is GOD is inside me and everywhere. I would ask GOD ,Have you eaten yet ???
 revoskeepnus
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/2/2015 10:53:13 AM
who shot kennedy???
 kidreason29
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/5/2015 5:12:25 PM

Like you said, I'd ask a simple question like

'can you create an object so heavy, not even you an lift? '

And watch him disappear in a logic paradox.

Better still, can he create a universe he does not exist in

First one is by definition, impossible. Can god create a square with 3 sides?

The second one is possible.
Posted: 11/5/2015 5:17:53 PM
I've made this quip before -

God did in fact create something which is so large or heavy that he could not lift or budge it. That something is Humans.
 kidreason29
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/5/2015 9:16:54 PM

First one is by definition, impossible.

Then he is not a God!

The second one is possible.

Then he does not exist for me to ask the question

It is an logical absurdity. Can god make a square with 3 sides? 'Then it is not god!' Can god do the logically impossible?

Also who said every god was Omnipotent?

Then he does not exist for me to ask the question

What about multiverses?
 kidreason29
Msg: 32
Posted: 11/6/2015 4:14:30 AM
what if I said I believed my God was not omnipotent?
You could then argue it is not God, if you believe your God was. Similar to how other religions believe their God is 'The God'. But what about those who themselves believe they are a God, etc?

God is just a word, it has no absolute definition, it isn't an axiom.
 funchesf
Msg: 33
Posted: 11/6/2015 6:58:14 AM

'can you create an object so heavy, not even you an lift?

God is "according to the bible" a Spiritual Being and any object that exist in the natural world would be under the jurisdiction of the laws of physics and would exist as an illusion, therefore to God the object wouldn't exist

Can god create a square with 3 sides?

God would be capable of creating that illusion, perhaps a magician could too

God did in fact create something which is so large or heavy that he could not lift or budge it. That something is Humans.

The Great Flood sort of cancels out that theory

What about multiverses?

multiverses are simply multi-illusions

it's in the Union contract ...all entities attempting to achieve the status of God must at the least be omnipotent omniscient and omnipresent, anything below that is a Demi-God

this I know for the bible tells me so
 kidreason29
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/6/2015 8:38:50 AM

My God?

Well of course your God is not Omnipotent, you created it, it dies when you die. You can set any parameters you want to 'your' God and you can change them arbitrarily. You can even say it exists and doesn't exist simultaneously, which is an oxymoron.

It isn't an oxymoron "big small", it is an contradiction "2+2=3". But in this case, what I'm saying is existence doesn't apply, it transcends the scale of existence. Does zero exist?

This by definition is not a God.

This is a useless statement.
According to who? Since when did anyone have a say on what God is? Where is this definition/axiom of God?
 funchesf
Msg: 35
Posted: 11/6/2015 9:04:59 AM

God is also a physical 'thing'.

God is a Spiritual entity that "created the physical world" which is referred to in the bible as the creation of the Heavens and the Earth ...

Hence the trinity.

God knows the time of Judgement Day and Jesus admitted that he don't know...which proves that Jesus isn't God and cancels out The Trinity

In Genesis God walks with Adam and his family.

Genesis does not state that God walked with Adam and Eve...it states that Adam and Eve "heard" God walk and then they hid

God performs many miracles that 'defy' the laws of physics,

if it didn't defy the laws of physics then it wouldn't be a miracle it would be something that Man could do ... that's why miracles only take place in the bible and not beyond ..this is why no one can name one miracle that ever took place outside of the bible that supposedly defy the laws of physics

not that laws actually exist as a law.

laws only exist to be broken

It is well documented that spiritual beings take human form and are in fact jealous of the human.

perhaps on the Sci-fi channel or is it the syfy channel

The paradox still exists

there can be no paradox with that which exist on Faith
 funchesf
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/6/2015 10:50:35 AM

john 1 1-14 ..In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ...

In the beginning everything was the Word..including you, before you was created and became separated from God when you became Flesh ... ...

The father, the son, the spirit. All one. A Trinity

are you sure they are one?....I don't remember The Father or the Holy Spirit being on the cross getting crucified ,

Even jesus thought he was God

sadly Jesus discovered that he wasn't God when asked the time of Judgement Day which only God knows...and that is why Jesus can not be God...it's simply no way around that logic ...God knows..Jesus don't

It doesn't have to exist for it to be a paradox

creating a paradox out of something that doesn't exist ...is called Delusion
Posted: 11/6/2015 4:47:34 PM

The Great Flood sort of cancels out that theory

I intend that quip as rhetorical, in the sense that he doesn't impress all humans, and cannot get all humans to tow-his-line. This by the nature of Humankind.

it's in the Union contract ...all entities attempting to achieve the status of God must at the least be omnipotent omniscient and omnipresent, anything below that is a Demi-God

I like that. That's funny.

Does zero exist?

Yes. Remembering what zero is. When you have zero apples, then there is the existence of a lack of apples, cause that's what zero is.
 kidreason29
Msg: 38
Posted: 11/6/2015 11:46:46 PM
The existence of a 'not having' of apples? Sounds like more of a truth than an existence. truth/falsity doesn't imply existence

Random line: God is zero and infinite, is and isn't, is formless, everyone and nowhere, everything and nothing, the first first and the last last

Does an illusion exist if it is real to the person experiencing it?
 kidreason29
Msg: 39
Posted: 11/7/2015 1:55:49 AM
If god is an illusion (according Richard dawkins), then according to you, it exist.
 funchesf
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/7/2015 6:40:03 AM

Posted By: andyaa
That's what it says. It's known as the hypostatic union

Trinity believers always get that concept wrong ...Hypostatic Union is not about the "three persons" that " supposedly" make up the Trinity ...it's about the "supposedly" two natures of Jesus...it's an attempt to give Jesus Divinity ..remember it's about two natures...not three trinity natures, Christians also attempt to give The Virgin Mary Divinity...does that make Mary God or one of the Trinity Gods or perhaps a female fourth God

REASONS WHY THE TRINITY DOESN'T WORK
1.God nor the Holy Spirit died on the Cross with Jesus which means the three are not one....
2.Jesus cried out My God why have you forsaken me...so if Jesus is God, did Jesus forsake and cry to himself
3.Jesus prayed to the Father but The Father never prayed to Jesus
4.God knows the time of Judgement Day but Jesus don't ...which means that Jesus is clearly not God or all-knowing

The president of the United States and Obama are 2 entities

seriously? ....so do Michelle Obama know that she has two husbands and the kids two Fathers, so when the first entity called Obama is in The White House, the second Obama entity that is called The President of the United States is in the air flying on Air Force One ..

I'm pretty sure if the current President of The United States was on the cross getting crucified that the other entity called Obama would find himself nailed to the cross right along with The President as if they were one person existing in the same Time and Space ..the same can not be said about the three trinity entites

There goes man's free will

the fact that "according to the bible" God has a Divine Plan is why there were never any Free Will.... only God's Will

Posted by: kidreason29
If god is an illusion (according Richard dawkins), then according to you, it exist.

Dawkins stated that God is a Delusion not an illusion...big different
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2015 4:42:02 PM
OP:
To quote and correct my self.
When I ask "What should be the question I ask?".

I would get a question AS a answer. The question I receive itself is an answer to the question I asked.

Possible Answers:
I could be told to ask "What should be the question I ask?", the same question where I asked for an answer.
So the question itself is the question I should of asked.

I would have to ask "What should be the question I ask, besides this one?". To get an question as an answer that would be different.

Just to bring it to your attention: what you are describing here, is that you would ask God what you should ask him/her/it/they/them. That is functionally the same as asking for the ultimate meaning of existence, or requesting that god grant you wisdom, as a gift.

And if the god were all that gods are said to be, the answer you would logically get in return, is, that it is the nature of wisdom, that it cannot be granted. It can only be discovered, built through work and experience and openness to all that is, on all levels of existence and perception.
 funchesf
Msg: 42
Posted: 11/8/2015 6:53:45 AM

Yes, legal definition is a corporation sole.

running to wikipedia to find legal loopholes instead of running to the bible to find the answer is the work of Satan, everything the Lord Almighty wanted you to know can be found within the bible not outside the bible ....in layman terms"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"

A corporation sole is a legal entity consisting of a single ("sole") incorporated office, occupied by a single ("sole") person.

to enter into the Corporate Office of God the entity must enter an access code which only God knows, the access code is the time of judgement Day....sadly Jesus admitted he doesn't know the code ...which means he's not God and locked out the office and not part of the Corporate Sole or in this case The Corporate "Soul"

Hence, the king is dead long live the king

the last time I've heard Jesus was still alive ....unless you're referring to Elvis

the bottomline is if you're going to attempt to prove that Jesus is God and the Trinity is not a farce then you have to find out where in the bible Jesus "himself" admits that he now knows the time of Judgement Day ...maybe it's in Revelations

but anyway perhaps that's a good question to ask God "Why doesn't Jesus know the time of Judgement Day
 gingerosity
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2015 1:26:27 PM

Jesus could predict the future but God didn't see any of that coming. Jesus made birds out of the earth as a young child same as God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5e-1sBM9FE
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 44
Posted: 11/8/2015 5:07:20 PM

but anyway perhaps that's a good question to ask God "Why doesn't Jesus know the time of Judgement Day

He didn't know because the JD lies in eternity; it is not a day in a timeline or time phenomenon.
In other words, the JD always is, as is the so-called alpha & omega
thus, there is no direct answer to it; it can only be known by an eternal being; not a temporal being such as Jesus, even if he was supposed to be part of the Trinity. To ask when the JD is , would be like asking what it was before the Big Bang happened.

Therefore Jesus was the only member of the trinity to be able to experience events; but in doing so, he is not able to encompass all of eternity in a singularity, as the Father can.The Father's realm was based in eternity; in which everything past or present (including the JD)exists in the moment; but where nothing can be experienced.
Posted: 11/9/2015 3:23:43 AM
While we're in the habit of dissecting and analyzing holy documents with a scientific/physics/archaeological approach, we may now be delving into those aspects which are intended allegorically, or metaphorically, or rhetorically. I believe that much of a holy document is like this. Hence, analysis which forgets this and approaches it from the wrong angle doesn't do any good. I suspect that whenever we doubt or discredit something like the great flood or adam and eve in the garden for example, we're not trying to say something against it, but instead we're trying to counter those who take these things literally instead of understanding their otherwise possibly legitimate allegorical or metaphorical message.
 kidreason29
Msg: 46
Posted: 11/9/2015 5:16:42 AM

Yes, legal definition is a corporation sole.

A corporation sole is a legal entity consisting of a single ("sole") incorporated office, occupied by a single ("sole") person.

Hence, the king is dead long live the king

it's called the 'straw man' in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME7K6P7hlko

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Strawman_theory

but instead we're trying to counter those who take these things literally instead of understanding their otherwise possibly legitimate allegorical or metaphorical message.

It is perhaps what religious and non-religious people should do, but then there is misinterpretation.

[The most hateful group in America (1 of 2) ]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLb3o65q0vk

Just a fair warning, it might anger some, haha.
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 47
Posted: 11/9/2015 6:24:58 AM

I would ask like this:
Our Father who are in heaven, Hallowed be thy name,one question,
I just wonder Why do you allow Funchef, drinkthesun, gingerosity, andyaa, the defunct HFX-rgb2 and many atheist. to disrespect you and the Sacred Book in that way.?
Asking you about them They are annoying but I still like them that's why I am sending a song to them,
 funchesf
Msg: 48
Posted: 11/9/2015 7:03:26 AM

Actually, I did a law degree many moons ago

did you "did" a law degree or "have" a law degree...because I "did" a law degree watching "Perry Mason" for 50 years and "Law and Order" for 25 years

so didn't need wiki,

I only mention wikipedia because of all the different definitions of "Corporation Sole" floating around, you just so happen to pick the one phrased exactly like the one used in wikipedia

although I do find it very useful.

I agree that wikipedia is very useful, but when it is used as an source to prove that something exist in the bible that's not in the bible it becomes the work of Satan, Mephistopheles, Lucifer, Fox News ....oops...er..I meant Beelzebul

God didn't know where Adam was, or that they had sinned, or that Cain had killed Able

according to the bible God is omnipresent which means Adam couldn't hide and besides doesn't God has infrared vision, so when he questioned Adam and Cain ...it was an interrogation not a lack of knowledge since God is also omniscient

why didn't he resurect Able,

to show Adam and Eve there will be Death as a result from them taking of the fruit

jesus could?

Jesus couldn't even resurrect himself, God resurrected him but first tossed him in Hell for three days

Jesus could predict the future

the fact that Jesus couldn't predict the time of Judgement Day sort of prove those predictions were "guesses"

but God didn't see any of that coming

God being omniscient sort of negate that statement

Jesus made birds out of the earth as a young child same as God.

Jesus made birds from the Earth and God made the Heavens and The Earth ...I guess that sort of makes them even

but still again "andyaa" none of what you posted was of Jesus claiming to know the time of judgement day which is the only way anyone can proclaim him to be God ....

Posted by: drinkthesunwithmyface
While we're in the habit of dissecting and analyzing holy documents with a scientific/physics/archaeological approach, we may now be delving into those aspects which are intended allegorically, or metaphorically, or rhetorically. I believe that much of a holy document is like this

this is only a problem if the faithful engage in such behavior then it becomes Heresy

Posted by: Yule_liquor
He didn't know because the JD lies in eternity; it is not a day in a timeline or time phenomenon.
In other words, the JD always is, as is the so-called alpha & omega
thus, there is no direct answer to it; it can only be known by an eternal being; not a temporal being such as Jesus, even if he was supposed to be part of the Trinity. To ask when the JD is , would be like asking what it was before the Big Bang happened.

that can't be so due to the fact that Creation took 6 days, once God created the physical world he in turn created time and this is why Judgement Day does not lie in Eternity but has it's only specific date in the physical world

Posted by: Yule_liquor
Therefore Jesus was the only member of the trinity to be able to experience events;

that can't be so since according to the bible God grieved for creating man...Grieving is an experience and let's not forget the Holy Spirit floating around impregnating virgins and infertile women..that clearly had to be a joyful experience ...I'm not sure exactly for whom..but...er.

Posted by: Aprilikeswhiteroses
I would ask like this:
Our Father who are in heaven, Hallowed be thy name,one question,
I just wonder Why do you allow Funchef, drinkthesun, gingerosity, andyaa, the defunct HFX-rgb2 and many atheist. to disrespect you and the Sacred Book in that way.?

I don't know about the rest of them but I was sent up from Hell.....oops...er.. I meant from Heaven to teach you heathen sinners the Word

Posted by: Aprilikeswhiteroses
They are annoying but I still like them

you more than like me...in fact you are commanded to "Love" me, and if you say that you don't, then I'm going to tell Jesus on you
 kidreason29
Msg: 49
Posted: 11/9/2015 10:01:01 AM
To end this heated debate, between Atheists or non-Christians about Christianity... Watch these 3 videos.

[Religion Comes From Ancient Astrology and Sun Worship 1 of 3 ]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9f0XU_S78

Also Christianity comes from the Ancient Egyptians religion.

How did they build them pyramids?
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/9/2015 10:02:14 AM

you more than like me...in fact you are commanded to "Love" me, and if you say that you don't, then I'm going to tell Jesus on you

LOL!!
well, yeah, he commanded to love our neighbor.
"YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF."'
I do not have hate on me towards atheist. As I said I like you all...(kind of) lol.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?