Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 51
If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Page 3 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
^^^^ You calling anyone who doesn’t agree with you an “atheist” is bearing false witness and a direct commandment from God NOT to do.

Why would you “hate” atheists or anyone? No one is perfect. Everyone sins and no sin is greater than another. You’re just like everyone else. You aren’t God’s henchman.

I just wonder Why do you allow XXXXXXX and many atheist. to disrespect you and the Sacred Book in that way.?

What do you think God should do about it, smite them all dead? Toss down some plagues? You don’t seem to know much about your own claimed religion.

I’ve consistently found that people who are not affiliated with organized religion are MUCH more knowledgeable about the bible than so-called “Christians.”
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 52
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Posted: 11/9/2015 2:38:09 PM

You calling anyone who doesn’t agree with you an “atheist” is bearing false witness and a direct commandment from God NOT to do.
Why would you “hate” atheists or anyone? No one is perfect. Everyone sins and no sin is greater than another. You’re just like everyone else. You aren’t God’s henchman.

Huh?????
No te entiendo señora.!!!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 53
Posted: 11/9/2015 3:43:18 PM

that can't be so due to the fact that Creation took 6 days,

a biblical day is not the same as an earthly day; it could mean eons; the creational story was a very dumbed down version for illiterate pple; who had no concept of the cosmos or space-time!

once God created the physical world he in turn created time and this is why Judgement Day does not lie in Eternity but has it's only specific date in the physical world

since everyone(is born) and usually dies at different times; the JD obviously does not have one day or time in the physical world, which is why it lies in Eternity; where everything IS and ISN'T at the same time!

that can't be so since according to the bible God grieved for creating man.

Whatever God did that seemed to be in the temporal realm; was actually made possible by the Spirit (who is a spirit, and transcends all dimensions), and not from the God-head.

Grieving is an experience

What ever grieving took place was done by way of the spirit; whose "mind" was known by God , but not directly experienced by God himself. But if God grieves, then he grieves for Eternity, and if he is Joyful then the joy is also eternal. This can only make sense in an eternal realm, not the physical one.

the Holy Spirit floating around impregnating virgins and infertile women..that clearly had to be a joyful experience ...I'm not sure exactly for whom..but...er.

If the HS is simply a spirit; he(it) does not fuk women to make them pregnant. He did it by plain will!
 funchesf
Msg: 54
Posted: 11/10/2015 5:56:56 AM

Posted By: Aprilikeswhiteroses
well, yeah, he commanded to love our neighbor.

which is why the power of Christ compels you to say that you Love me...and to say it with passion, or expect to see the face of Jesus appear in the next bowl of Oatmeal and Bacon Bits you make

Posted by: Yule_liquor
a biblical day is not the same as an earthly day; it could mean eons

the bible is about biblical times which is why everyday in the biblical bible would constitute as being biblically biblical

the creational story was a very dumbed down version for illiterate pple; who had no concept of the cosmos or space-time!

belief requires Faith not intelligence

But if God grieves, then he grieves for Eternity,

the bible stated that God grieved because he created Man not for Eternity

If the HS is simply a spirit; he(it) does not fuk women to make them pregnant. He did it by plain will!

it generally takes plain will to get someone pregnant, but anyway the bible states that the Virgin will "conceive" a child, ....a person including virgins, can not conceive or reproduce without some form of sex taking place

Posted By: andyaa
You really need to find a hobby

as of this moment my POF hobby is watching you present arguments in an attempt to circumvent around the fact that "God knows the time of Judgement Day, Jesus doesn't know, therefore Jesus can't be God"
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2015 7:23:19 AM
I think I'd have to ask why there are so many more questions than there are answers?

And why is it that when you find the answer to a question it only seems to lead to .... More questions.

And, what is it about us that seems to compel us to find the answers to the questions that never seem to cease? Does every question have an answer? And, if we ever run out of questions and have the answer to every question would we then attain Godly status? Would we get sucked into a black hole and come out in another universe?

I know, that is more than one question. But, I think God can handle it.
 flman2015
Msg: 56
Posted: 11/10/2015 3:46:23 PM

if it required intelligence there would be no believers.
 funchesf
Msg: 57
Posted: 11/10/2015 4:05:33 PM

Jesus according to the bible couldn't know judgement day because his whole purpose was to personify the Hebrew scapegoat story and to live a 'perfect' life as a man and not as a God or a spirit or a goat then die taking the sins of that community.

now you claim that Jesus wasn't meant to live as a God and that's the reason he doesn't know the time of judgment day... but earlier you brought up the term "Hypostatic Union" which was an attempt to give Jesus divinity as a God on Earth ...see how you keep flip flopping back and forth .... so put it on record ....is Jesus God or not and remember Jesus being God is the concept The Trinity is based on

A corporate sole, a person in being and a limited company are all legal entities. Like the father the son and the Holy Spirit they can act in isolation or in combination.

"Corporate Sole" was a rule conjured up by the Romans ...for you to then take the rules of those that Crucified Jesus and attempt to use it as a "supposed" legal definition to classify who God and Jesus are,... is why it's the work of Satan

God is not bound by any legal definition of being classified as a "Corporate Sole" by those he created but yet killed his son, and Jesus never followed Roman Law which is why Corporate Sole doesn't apply to him, and the faithful is not under any moral or legal obligation to accept a legal definition to define their Savior by those that Crucified him

but either way the Satanic terminology you keep conjuring up don't not negate the main point that "God knows the time of Judgment Day and Jesus don't. therefore Jesus can't be God ...

if there is an answer..... it's in the bible ...hint hint hint
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 58
Posted: 11/10/2015 4:55:14 PM

if it required intelligence there would be no believers .

As a believer this is my answer to you:

Our Father
forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us

Posted: 11/11/2015 1:39:48 AM
trespassers will be shot
 funchesf
Msg: 60
Posted: 11/11/2015 5:46:09 AM

The Queen and Elizabeth are 2 separate entities, Elizabeth can act as herself or as the Queen, the Queen cannot act as Elizabeth though.

....er.....ok....it's statements like that that move the argument from religion to psychiatric ...

.. is why it's the work of Satan

You make that sound like a bad thing.

well it might be a bad thing taking into consideration that I generally use the term Satan as a substitute for the term Delusion

which is why if you're going to claim that Jesus is one of three entities that form one entity and use bible passages to make your point then you are protected by Faith ...

but once you start trying to justify religious beliefs with secular examples such as Jesus being a Corporate Sole or that Queen Elizabeth is two separate entities, then it's no longer a matter of Faith but symptoms of schizophrenia

so that would be a good question for trinity believers to ask God ...are you three separate entities or a schizophrenic

Hint hint, no matter how much you dissect the bible it is impossible for us to fully understand how God works...

some would claim that it's impossible for one to fully understand how oneself works, but if one read the bible "Old Testament" God doesn't hide anything and will tell you that he's a Jealous God that will send a lightning bolt down upon your apse but the New Testament is loaded with contradictions and deception and presents a challenge to sort it all out

Because it's all made up!

when debating the bible it shouldn't matter if one believe the bible is all made up or not, one should debate as if it is literally the True Word of God, just as if you belong to a book club or debating about a movie or the Chupacabra ...always enter the debate doing your due diligence ..or what's the point

Posted by: drinkthesunwithmyface
trespassers will be shot

follow me and I will make you "Phishers" of Men ...funches 3:16
 kidreason29
Msg: 61
Posted: 11/11/2015 5:54:02 AM

impossible for us to fully understand how God works... Because it's all made up!

First part is partially true, second part is a belief on your behalf.

How intelligent do you believe you are? Probably the biggest problem with people today - they believe they are intelligent enough to be able to believe such statements. The second statement you said just proves you believe you are intelligent enough.

Compared to the intelligence that could be achieved (not just by us), people are dumb. Problem is we compare ourselves to other people or animals, which makes us look like we are intelligent.

What is funny is, atheist / non-Christians arguing about Christianity.

Then using that as authority to dismiss any beliefs.
It is no different than a religious person using the bible as authority for their beliefs.

You are no different than a gullible religious man.
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 62
Posted: 11/11/2015 8:05:44 AM

Posted by: drinkthesunwithmyface.......trespassers will be shot

funchesf:...^follow me and I will make you "Phishers" of (religious)Men ...funches 3:16

Since you both are atheist,.....
So he can shot them all.?.
 kidreason29
Msg: 63
Posted: 11/11/2015 11:59:45 AM

It's only a belief if there is no or contrary evidence to support your position. It's not a belief that the bible is made up because there is no evidence to support it, quite the contrary to be exact.

Christianity is a 'plagiarism' of ancient Egyptian religion, as are many others. If you would really want to critique anything, it would be the ancient Egyptians IMO.

Christianity consists of personifications of astrotheology, same as other religions. One could learn something from these religions, it is when one takes it too literal they get 'lost', both religious and non-religious.

Scientist still not clear on how the pyramids were built.
Posted: 11/11/2015 3:38:12 PM
Anybody read this book? -

http://gizmodo.com/a-new-way-of-thinking-about-spacetime-that-turns-everyt-1741498475
 flman2015
Msg: 65
Posted: 11/11/2015 8:47:12 PM

Our Father
forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us

and there is the problem. you people give yourself importance you don't have. Neither I, nor anyone else, needs your or your delusion's forgiveness.

if you people could forgive as well as you pay lip service to it, the Inquisition and the Crusades would have never happened. Save your forgiveness for another deluded that will pretend it is worth something.
 kidreason29
Msg: 66
Posted: 11/12/2015 1:22:42 AM
It is too bad. An atheist who wasted his time, learning a religion like Christianity, just to critique it socially, politically, and historically. When he could of learned the religion to which all other religions are derived from.

If I were an atheist this is what I would do, but this is more difficult. You guys took the easy way.

Congrats, you don't know shit.
 kidreason29
Msg: 67
Posted: 11/12/2015 2:08:31 AM

You know that's a double negative right

It is an interpretation among many other things.

Shit could mean anything. In other words, you don't know anything.

Shit could mean nothing. In other words, you don't understand 'nothing' (as a concept itself), or you understand everything.

Shit could be a thing/object. 'Go pick that shit up over there'.

Shit interpretation of religions(not a smelly image):
http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liwu1y7kQl1qgcds1o1_1280.jpg
 kidreason29
Msg: 68
Posted: 11/12/2015 3:29:05 AM
understood in proper context, what it was meant to mean(what I meant), then it isn't.
 kidreason29
Msg: 69
Posted: 11/12/2015 4:43:41 AM

I don't know an object... Well that doesn't make sense

One does not know an object (what ever that object may be)

I don't know nothing.. Double negative, poor English

Nothing could be referred to as nothing itself, not all things, or not any thing.
It could mean you don't know what 'nothing' (itself) is.
It could mean you don't know everything(the set of all things).
It could mean you don't know anything(the elements within the set of all things).

On a serious note, i find this pointless but fun. <3
 funchesf
Msg: 70
Posted: 11/12/2015 5:44:32 AM

Posted By: Aprilikeswhiteroses
Since you both are atheist,.....

you have yet to display that you follow the commands of Jesus to love thy neighbor by telling me that you Love me but yet instead you label me an atheist ...so are you sure you're not the Atheist ...prove me wrong, show the power of your Christ by passionately confessing your Love for me ...

The monarch is the living embodiment of the Crown and, as such, is regarded as the personification of the state. The body of the reigning sovereign thus holds two distinct personas in constant coexistence: that of a natural-born human being and that of the state as accorded to him or her through law; the Crown and the monarch are "conceptually divisible but legally indivisible ... [t]he office cannot exist without the office-holder".

"andyaa " it appears that you might have a slight wikipedia addiction .. the definition you presented when applied to religious belief becomes the symptoms of schizophrenia

The Queen and Elizabeth are 2 separate entities, Elizabeth can act as herself or as the Queen, the Queen cannot act as Elizabeth though.

but anyway I'll use your Queen Elizabeth example to explain why using Man's Law and wikipedia to justify religious belief points to mental illness

in the royal washroom sits a toilet and a bidet, the Queen being of royalty consider it to be un-lady-like to take a dump on the Toilet, so the Queen turns into Elizabeth and Elizabeth takes the dump, after Elizabeth drops the load she turn back into the The Queen and the Queen sits on the bidet to wash her royal apse

according to you that would make Queen and Elizabeth two separate entities, but according to psychiatry that would make Queen Elizabeth schizophrenic

and that's why I was trying to be politically correct by referring to the use of Man's Law to justify religious belief as the work of Satan..but in actuality it's delusion

to use bible passage or scripture to justify religious belief then you're protected under the cloak of Faith ...to come outside the bible to use Man's secular laws or Man's secular definitions to justify that which is based on Faith and it point to mental illness

and that brings up an interesting question to ask God ...."are the faithful attracted to a particular religious belief because it address their mental state"
 kidreason29
Msg: 71
Posted: 11/12/2015 6:09:15 AM

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations

If this is the case, then, everyone has some level of Schizophrenia.

Failure to recognize what is real.: Define real and not real, what exist and what doesn't
false beliefs: Define what a belief is, and what would be considered false
unclear or confused thinking: again define, where is the scale of unclear to clear, describe how mechanism works
auditory hallucinations: this has a less relative meaning, and I could take it as is
 funchesf
Msg: 72
Posted: 11/12/2015 6:55:37 AM

Schizophrenia is a mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to recognize what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, auditory hallucinations

and Schizophrenia describe your posts ..you're trying to use wikipedia and other legal definitions to claim that Queen Elizabeth is two separate entities to justify a religious belief .....that's the work of Satan or in this case delusional ..... when Elizabeth sits on the porcelain throne and takes a dump so does the Queen because they are one person, but yet you keep trying to find ways to make them two people ..you're trying to create a false belief...an hallucination which are the symptoms of Schizophrenia

It's not my fault the trinity is in the bible or the creaters of the bible recognised the trinity

it is partly your fault because in post 43 of this thread you use the bible passage "john 1 1-14 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"...that is you spreading the concept of The Trinity ....

the fact that you keep conjuring up definitions like "Corporate Sole" or "Hypostatic Union" is your attempt to use man's law and Satan's dictionary to justify The Trinity even though you have of yet failed to get around or accept the simple logic that "God knows the time of judgement day, Jesus admitted that he doesn't know, therefore Jesus can't be God"

Why do I use wikipedia, coz I love it.

it's one thing to use wikipedia as an information source to formulate or reinforce your own thoughts about a subject..but it's another thing to "google cut and paste" directly from wikipedia or the dictionary ...because all you're doing is plagiarizing and hiding behind the thoughts of someone else as if their thoughts are Absolute Truth and set in Stone until the end of all Mankind
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 73
Posted: 11/12/2015 1:27:24 PM
I would ask god:

What were you thinking?

Dude, you used your omnipotent sense of power to seduce a woman that was already betrothed to someone else and you impregnated her. Even more, instead of taking responsibility for your deed, you have another man bring the baby up.

If a boss seduces his employee would that be sexual harassment? Abuse?
Posted: 11/12/2015 4:37:38 PM
dubya dubya dubya dot we-don't-know-shit.

one eight hundred wah-wah-wah.

Newsflash - This just in: The feller known as God has been arrested. This God feller has been charged with a long list of offenses, which include various kinds of murder, rape, extortion/blackmail, theft, harassment...and on MANY counts each. Though it appears as though he will not stand trial for having been found to be unfit and incompetent for any legal proceedings. This God feller will probably be taken to an asylum for the totally and completely insane.

The feller-formerly-known-as-god is regularly visited by spiritual leaders of various faiths, wishing to provide him the opportunity to atone for his many sins and to ask some higher-power for forgiveness. Due to him being completely insane and mentally ill in almost every way that has been quantified by psychologists, however, any visiting spiritual personage gets poo thrown at them.

The feller-formerly-known-as-god does regularly have other visitors as well. Many who want to be his wife, or simply his closest buddy. His number of visitors of this sort rival those of Charles Manson.
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 75
Posted: 11/12/2015 7:54:17 PM

and there is the problem. you people give yourself importance you don't have. Neither I, nor anyone else, needs your or your delusion's forgiveness.
if you people could forgive as well as you pay lip service to it, the Inquisition and the Crusades would have never happened. Save your forgiveness for another deluded that will pretend it is worth something.

I see you didn't get it, I will explain it to you.

It is not that we give ourselves the importance forgiving someone who hurt or humiliates us.

God commands us to forgive AND forget, we MUST obey.
The offender ( like you) may not desire forgiveness but as believer we are to forgive others. “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave us.

for us human being it is impossible to truly forget sins that have been committed against us. We cannot selectively “delete” events from our memory. But I try to obey God's command doing my best.
“forgive and forget” “I choose to forgive the offender in the name of Christ and move on with my life,”
For me, This is a wise and Godly course of action too.
The ideal is to forgive and forget but as I said it is hard for me to truly forget.

Forgive as the Lord forgave you.!!
That's my Motto.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?