Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gingerosity
Msg: 101
view profile
History
If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Page 5 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

Lol...mr grouchy I mean mr swamp dude this is for you.!

http://www.memes.com/img/5215
 funchesf
Msg: 102
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Posted: 11/16/2015 5:11:37 AM

Posted By: kidreason29
it depends on ones concept of god, a god could be limited or have an end. although some would not call it a god since it isn't omnipotent. god is another definition debate, and there are more definition debates to come when you define god.

since the argument was centered around the entities in the bible then the God in questions is the abrahamic God that according to the belief is a Spiritual Being that created the Physical World along with Heavens and The Earth and the quantum mechanics that runs the Universe,

the same God that according to the belief create miracles that defy the laws of Nature and therefore the laws of Quantum Mechanics ....to then claim that such an entity is bound by the Laws of Quantum effects is what makes such a statement convoluted

we should probably not use relative or subjective words, this would create too many windows of interpretation, sometimes all they do is add icing onto the cake or add to insult

asking someone to explain the meaning of a Word is a deflection tactic use in debates when one lack an argument ..imagine someone asking what do you mean by the word "The" or to explain the definition of "The"

asking for definitions being a deflection tactics is especially obvious today after the invention of the Internet which supposedly contain the entire knowledge of all mankind ....when all the "ask-er" has to do is simply type the word in the address bar, click search and choose the definition that most closely correlates to the conversation

what I do know is though, once there is an observer, reality behaves differently

that is the belief that "Thought" creates or alter reality and that Man unbeknownst to himself is God

I would have to read that book first though to really say anything

scan the concept pertaining to "Schrodinger's Cat"
 gingerosity
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 5:45:22 AM

asking someone to explain the meaning of a Word is a deflection tactic use in debates when one lack an argument ..imagine someone asking what do you mean by the word "The" or to explain the definition of "The"

asking for definitions being a deflection tactics is especially obvious today after the invention of the Internet which supposedly contain the entire knowledge of all mankind ....when all the "ask-er" has to do is simply type the word in the address bar, click search and choose the definition that most closely correlates to the conversation

People are not clear in defining what they're talking about becuase they want to be able to shift the goalposts. If you don't say exactly what you mean when asked to define your use of a term, you're just playing games whether you are conscious of it or not.
 funchesf
Msg: 104
Posted: 11/16/2015 7:20:59 AM

Posted By: gingerosity
People are not clear in defining what they're talking about because they want to be able to shift the goalposts. If you don't say exactly what you mean when asked to define your use of a term, you're just playing games whether you are conscious of it or not.

now a debate about getting into definition debates ...you guys

perhaps if someone was in the forum talking in parables like Jesus then they can be accused of playing games, but today the internet being a power source of knowledge places the burden of interpretation of a definition on the reader not the poster

the time it takes for someone to post "a definition question" means they have the time beforehand to surf the internet for the answer

also one can bypass " the word in question" and read the entirety of the post and then use the post and the power of the internet to interpret the meaning of the word in question

and that is why defnition debates are deflection tactics to toss a debater off the topic and off their train of thought because the ask-er lacks argument
 kidreason29
Msg: 105
Posted: 11/16/2015 7:43:31 AM

the same God that according to the belief create miracles that defy the laws of Nature and therefore the laws of Quantum Mechanics ....to then claim that such an entity is bound by the Laws of Quantum effects is what makes such a statement convoluted

true

'the' is a pointer, it points to an object/entity 'the sun'

'The' could also be used to refer to 'god', the 't' referring to 'transcendental "(1.of or relating to a spiritual or nonphysical realm)"' instead of using 'he' to refer to god, which denotes gender, the 't' would denote no gender.

(in this way, the is pronounced 'thee')

(example) "The is all knowing, and powerful. The is present everywhere. The has no gender."

I probably made this up, but it makes sense to me. The is god.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2015 4:01:24 PM

asking someone to explain the meaning of a Word is a deflection tactic use in debates when one lack an argument

http://www.brainsays.com/?p=14
 funchesf
Msg: 107
Posted: 11/18/2015 6:00:43 AM

Posted By: andyaa
If you read the bible properly, it's the power of God 'elohim' that creates the universe and not God. It's also plural so powers, otherwise you are back to multiple entities and a trinity.

jeez another attempt to sucker me into a definition debate ...and this time with a "Hebrew" word ..seriously?

but anyway this is an easy one since God knows the time of Judgement day and Jesus admitted that he doesn't know which means that Jesus can't be God and therefore the Hebrew word "Elohim" can not be regarded as anything else but "singular"

the mistake you keep making is trying to prove the Trinity, what you have to do instead is prove that Jesus knows the time of Judgement Day....and the worst part is you have to prove that the Holy Spirit also knows and that can't be done in Genesis ..
 funchesf
Msg: 108
Posted: 11/18/2015 9:22:55 AM

Two points, firstly he does not say only God knows, but the Father.

all that matters is that Jesus admitted that he didn't know which means Jesus is not The Father nor God

Secondly, it depends on which bible you read, in some the son not knowing is omitted.

do they also omit "that only The Father knows"

REMINDER
if you're going to keep going down this road...you have to prove that Jesus knows the time of Judgement Day
 funchesf
Msg: 109
Posted: 11/19/2015 5:53:53 AM

No you're delusional. Another symptom.

someone such as yourself that's trying to prove that Queen Elizabeth is two separate people should perhaps refrain from using the term "Delusional" ....or nutso

No, see watchmaker's analogy and deism

nope sorry, I've came here to read your original thoughts (if any) ...I know that's hard to believe ... in fact I'm having trouble believing it myself

pay attention,

why should I "pay attention" when I can get it for free

Faith and belief are synonyms

as God is synonymous with Religion ...you can't have one without the other

Theists are 100 percent certain their god(s) exist, and have faith in this without any objective, verifiable evidence.

that statement is a 100 percent contradiction,.... 100 percent certainty wouldn't require Faith

Not sure I have to prove anything here

and there you have it, sounding just like a religious person, claiming that you don't have to prove anything ...

you have been assimilated, resistance was futile, you are now "ORGANISED RELIGION"

although my aim is to place the heathens on the path to true righteousness, I'm going to have to give credit to your conversion to our favorite bible thumper "Aprilikeswhiteroses"
 ShowboatSupreme
Msg: 110
Posted: 11/19/2015 9:33:48 AM
How much time do I have left?
 gingerosity
Msg: 111
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2015 10:37:49 PM

But seriously though...well, no. No, I'm not gonna do it. Not gonna explain myself yet. I've made the claim that no one understands what it's really about, so I'll give everyone a few days to prove me wrong instead of jumping the gun. I'd really love for even one single person to do so. That'd give me hope for mankind.

Well it's been a week of hope for mankind much like any other. Are we entitled to this enlightenment yet?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 112
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2015 2:00:55 AM
I'm coming. Hold on to your horses. Hehe.

...but after I go to all the trouble of writing another quasi-thesis, will it even be read by more than one or two? Will there be any point?

v v That problem is solved to an extent when the wall of text has some sense to it. And we see too many walls-of-jibber-jabber instead of sense.
 gingerosity
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2015 2:18:03 AM
Probably not... but that's never stopped us before.

No need to write a quasi-thesis on my account... I must admit sometimes my eyes glaze over when staring at a wall of text. A few choice words should be enough to get the gist of what you're saying.
 funchesf
Msg: 114
Posted: 11/21/2015 6:27:36 AM

Posted By: drinkthesunwithmyface
But seriously though...well, no. No, I'm not gonna do it. Not gonna explain myself yet. I've made the claim that no one understands what it's really about, so I'll give everyone a few days to prove me wrong instead of jumping the gun. I'd really love for even one single person to do so. That'd give me hope for mankind.

Posted By: gingerosity
Well it's been a week of hope for mankind much like any other. Are we entitled to this enlightenment yet?

everyone is waiting for drinkthesunwithmyface to reveal the secret of all humankind

MSNBC, CNN, BBC, CIA, FBI, MI5, THE AVENGERS, AGENTS OF SHIELD, ...even God is popping popcorn
 Aprilikeswhiteroses
Msg: 115
Posted: 11/21/2015 9:22:01 AM

even God is popping popcorn

Funchesf, Please leave Our Lord out of "Drink's Revelation thing"..

P.S
For ALL of us, food for the thought.!!

Make a decision today to enjoy your life. If you’re too serious about everything, lighten up!
Learn to laugh at yourself and the things that normally frustrate you.
Remember that God loves you always. He knows everything about you and loves you anyway.
We all have things about us and in our lives that need to change, but they will really only change when living with the joy of the Lord.

Good Medicine for Your Heart

The Bible says in Proverbs 17:22 that “a happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing….” Interestingly, there have been studies done that show laughter has some exciting benefits:

1- Laughter causes the release of endorphins, a chemical in the body that relieves pain and creates a sense of well-being.
2- It can raise your energy level, relieve tension and change your attitude.
3- It increases antibodies and strengthens your immune system.
4- A good belly laugh causes you to inhale more oxygen and stimulates your heart and blood circulation. It’s like internal aerobic exercise!

www.joycemeyer.org

Have a nice weekend.
I love you all.!!
 funchesf
Msg: 116
Posted: 11/21/2015 12:50:30 PM

Posted By: Aprilikeswhiteroses
Funchesf, Please leave Our Lord out of "Drink's Revelation thing"..

wow congratulations from converting from Christianity to Judaism ...now you're one of God's chosen people
unless of course you're willing to admit that God is according to the belief "Everyone's Lord" ..not just your Lord

beside we're all waiting on the Revelation that will supposedly revolutionize all mankind that neither The Father knows nor the Son but only "drinkthesunwithmyface' knows

personally I don't think "drinkthesunwithmyface'' know either ..which means that God gets to reclaim his omniscience
 dragonbytes
Msg: 117
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2016 8:42:55 AM
How big is your d1ck?
 FooledBySociety
Msg: 118
Posted: 1/13/2016 10:59:00 AM
Can I have a refund?
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 119
Posted: 1/13/2016 1:45:39 PM

beside we're all waiting on the Revelation that will supposedly revolutionize all mankind that neither The Father knows nor the Son but only "drinkthesunwithmyface' knows

You always crack me up. :D
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 120
Posted: 1/13/2016 4:06:07 PM
" dude! What will the winning numbers for the next Powerball Lottery be? I promise to donate half of the net to charities..let me know which ones You prefer. ?"
 aremeself
Msg: 121
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2016 5:21:46 PM
Can't think of a question right at this moment.

Edit;

Just thought of one!

How did you build all of creation, and then not have to monkey with it afterwards?
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2016 1:05:37 AM
Ooh, god loves secret codes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_True

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWW_Trilogy
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2016 11:04:21 AM
Yes, random. But, relevant, to more beyond this thread. More and more lately.

Out of curiosity, but a bit more as well...I wish I'd be around 50 years from now. This world's gonna be a very different place. Drastically, unbelievably, different. And maybe not for the best.
 kidreason29
Msg: 124
Posted: 2/20/2016 9:49:59 PM

Out of curiosity, but a bit more as well...I wish I'd be around 50 years from now. This world's gonna be a very different place. Drastically, unbelievably, different. And maybe not for the best.

then perhaps it is best to consider what would be the same instead of different.
 gingerosity
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2016 2:52:38 AM

50 years will be fun, but why stop there? I wish I'd be around (or could jump forward) 100,000 years from now. Imagine the intensity just trying to function, then the insanity of studying the accumulated knowledge of the cosmos. Or imagine dying instantly, and knowing that the smallest chance of a single glimpse was worth every penny of accelerated oblivion.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?