Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 flman2015
Msg: 151
If you could ask God one question, what would it be? Page 7 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

^ ppff. I seen around 200 pages on this crap. And that was WITH mods. When we get close to that, you might get a medal.

No kidding. This thread amounts to nothing compared to "the god delusion" thread that eventually got deleted.

That was a good thread. Of course, the deluded got it to be deleted because the truth offended them. LOL
 funchesf
Msg: 152
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Posted: 3/24/2016 8:30:09 AM

Posted By: yule_liquor
What Christian are you gonna select?

probably one that actually follow the teachings of Jesus ....you know any?

If you knew what you were talking about, you know that GOD is the one who is in charge of Hell

of course he is...who do you think placed Jesus in Hell for three Days ...so far Jesus ruled in Hell longer than Satan

Those of the faith are endowed with the ability to know,

yep once someone claim Faith little elves magically appear and sprinkle fairy dust that grant them the ability to know

When you have to ask that question you will be shown what is in store for you!

you're beginning to sound like a "Radicalized Christian Extremist"

Kinda like Judas; but sheep don't do those kinda things!

yep sheep would just watch Jesus get crucified on the cross without lifting a hand to save him ...that's loyalty for you

appealing if those who carry one do so to profess their faith in the death & resurrection!

actually it should be appalling since in Exodus 20:4 carrying a crucifix of a half nude Jesus nailed to a cross is a sin

Exodus 20:4 ..."You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. ....see yule liquor how you find sinning appealing ...now say three Hell Marys ...

Not an actual comparison to a dog per-se; but more so the loyalty that a good dog displays!

Jesus said in Matthew 15:26, "It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs." ....and that is what you are doing when you compare "Faith to God" to "the loyalty of dogs" ..you are sinning and being disrespectful

see how much you have sinned...that's why you are in need of a shepherd ....BEHOLD FOR I HAVE COMETH,

Posted By: kidreason29
I swear you guys don't know how to study a religion.

going to youtube links filled with loony tunes is probably not the best way to study a religion ....it's probably best to stick with the loony tunes in this forum
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 153
Posted: 3/24/2016 10:38:38 AM

at restaurants I do tend to snarl if the wait person try to take my plate of food before I finish eating

Lol, ....Nah.!
You sound like the one who is in the "plate".:)
+===================================================

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9f0XU_S78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbxzxEIlRmE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U1Grl4HSRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1l1D22Lw0Q

Tell me when you watched one of them.

I like to watch these links SOME people post, to know what they are talking about and because I like to learn different things and does not matter if I do not agree sometimes with them....I kind of trust you when you post links.

Today is Holy Thursday . I am off and doing nothing right now, until later this evening that we are going to church.
It is a good day for me to watch some of them and analyze them to extract my conclusions, And also sometimes to remember some things.

I am watching the first link...” Religion Comes From Ancient Astrology and Sun Worship ".
Since I have use of reason, everytime I am praying imagine God as a ray of light that shines on me.
Nobody can go close to the sun, nobody can look at the sun, but his rays light bathe us every day and fill us with life.

"The Bible of Mithras video.” hmmm....there is something in that video or in that man that does not allow me to watch it.....Although he speaks about darkness and light, about the awakening and sleep states of mind.....still I think will pass that one...........or.....maybe not.....lol.......well, who knows.....:)

Have a good weekend!
Tomorrow is Good Friday; remember to fast and not to eat meat.
 flman2015
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/24/2016 12:15:21 PM

Tomorrow is Good Friday

yes, it certainly will be. Perfectly aged prime rib for lunch and bacon wrapped tournedos with a red wine sauce in the evening served on a small toast covered in foie gras. Croissants and bacon in the morning.

The sheep can eat grass, it's good for them.

Make good friday great again! ;-)
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 155
Posted: 3/25/2016 7:44:51 PM

The sheep can eat grass, it's good for them.

You are perfectly right on that one^.... "grass"...lettuce leaves... green salads are good for us "the sheep"

Perfectly aged prime rib for lunch and bacon wrapped tournedos with a red wine sauce in the evening served on a small toast covered in foie gras. Croissants and bacon in the morning. Make Good Friday great

You have heard the saying: "you turn into what you eat"? ...
 CressB
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2016 8:34:38 PM
^^^ "You are what you eat."
 kidreason29
Msg: 157
Posted: 3/26/2016 6:20:43 AM
^^^ "You are what you eat."

You are what you think.
 funchesf
Msg: 158
Posted: 3/26/2016 8:52:46 AM

Posted By: Aprilovesrosasblancas
Lol, ....Nah.!
You sound like the one who is in the "plate".:)

How Rude

I kind of trust you when you post links.

ok...I'll post some links with proof that Micheal Jackson and Elvis Presley are still alive and live in Area 51

You have heard the saying: "you turn into what you eat"? ..

so...er...do you eat Vegetables?...

if Jesus died for the original sins of Adam and Eve then why do women still have painful childbirth, or are they faking it
 flman2015
Msg: 159
Posted: 3/26/2016 11:03:02 AM

You have heard the saying: "you turn into what you eat"?

I've heard it. Another one of those abundant worthless cliches. If it were true, you'd probably be a vegetable by now.

Make good friday great again, eat prime rib, bacon, oven roasted ham, turkey, etc.
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 160
Posted: 3/26/2016 11:15:50 AM
What if your friend's gay son was in a terrible accident and became brain dead? Would it be OK to say, "well he was a fruit, now he's a vegetable. .still in the fresh produce section.." ?
 caballerosiempre
Msg: 161
Posted: 3/26/2016 11:16:42 AM
Some people apparently must eat sh1t..
 Aprilovesrosasblancas
Msg: 162
Posted: 3/26/2016 1:53:05 PM

^^^ "You ARE what you eat."

Ahhhh...Thanks sweet & handsome young man....

After that "correction", I now understand the "WHY"......... of the last two Stooges above me. Msg #205 #207.

Another one of those abundant worthless cliches.

Nope, I do not think they are "worthless cliches".
This sayings tells the truth sometimes.!
Where do these food you love to eat, come from?

Rib, bacon, ham = PIG..

so...er...do you eat Vegetables?...

Yes, I do, but can't eat tomatoes and nothing sour..

Yule_liquor
Msg: 163
Posted: 3/26/2016 3:26:32 PM

probably one that actually follow the teachings of Jesus ....you know any?

There are a small minority of such pple, but you'd have to be able to know enough about the NT bible to know if you are being duped (which might be a tall order for you) or misled. Its sorta like having a "Biblical ID"; to be able to ferret the authentic ones from the fakes.

you're beginning to sound like a "Radicalized Christian Extremist"

But it ain't me that is saying this; if you ever took the time to read what Jesus hath proclaimed in the many books in the NT, you see the many references he makes in regards to Hell and damnation.

yep sheep would just watch Jesus get crucified on the cross without lifting a hand to save him

Well then that is obvious NOT what Peter did in the Getsemani when the guards came for Jesus
He took out his stilleto and gashed one of the guards and severed his ear (which Jesus had to heal) thereby eliciting what was likely a small rumble. According to your definition, is this what sheep do?

keep in mid that this was 2000 yrs ago, and there were no fire-arms; because if there were, I'm sure Peter would have been packing heat! And there woulda been a few caps busted from either direction!

Exodus 20:4 ..."You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. ....see yule liquor how you find sinning appealing

Again, if you knew WTF you were talking about, you wouldn't be posting this mulecrap.
The above Exodus statement has no bearing in Christianity; anymore than avoidance of pork products or performing circumcision does.

The OT is of the old covenant. Those who believe in Jesus also believe that he is the fullfillment of the old covenant; and the new covenant originator, which supplanted the old covenant.

"It is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to the dogs."

And again, if you knew what you were talking about, you'd realize the metaphor. Jesus also said do not throw your pearls before swine. Anybody with a working brain can clearly see that he was not talking about giving your valuables to pigs.

In those days, the noun "dog" was used to describe pple who were "takers"; much like a swine was used to describe those who were selfish and gluttonous and inconsiderate.

Nowadays, calling some a "dog" has largely a different meaning!

To those of you who it applies; I wish you a joyous "resurrection" day!
 flman2015
Msg: 164
Posted: 3/26/2016 3:46:42 PM

Nope, I do not think they are "worthless cliches".

You don't think ? That part is completely obvious. I'm pleased to see that you are starting to experience awareness, I assure you, it is wonderful.
 funchesf
Msg: 165
Posted: 3/27/2016 6:39:12 AM

{psted By: Aprilovesrosasblancas
Yes, I do, but can't eat tomatoes and nothing sour.

I get all of my vegetables from McDonald's ...ketchup, mustard, onions, lettuce

There are a small minority of such pple,

since you didn't name yourself ...is it safe to assume that you are not one of those that follow the teachings of Jesus

But it ain't me that is saying this;

but it is you that are saying this..it is you that keep bringing up the fact that you belong to a group that promise to torture those that do not follow your way of thinking....that's what makes you a Radicalized Christian Extremist ...

Well then that is obvious NOT what Peter did in the Getsemani when the guards came for Jesus
He took out his stilleto and gashed one of the guards and severed his ear (which Jesus had to heal) thereby eliciting what was likely a small rumble. According to your definition, is this what sheep do?

Peter was following Jewish law "an eye for an eye", the sheep were following the philosophy of Jesus to "turn the other cheek"

keep in mid that this was 2000 yrs ago, and there were no fire-arms; because if there were, I'm sure Peter would have been packing heat! And there woulda been a few caps busted from either direction!

so if the biblical Christians had guns Jesus would have lived? ....but what if the biblical Romans had Tanks

The above Exodus statement has no bearing in Christianity;

sorry but it does, what Christians refuse to accept is the fact that Jesus wasn't a Christian...Jesus was Jewish and taught strict Jewish law or he wouldn't have been allowed to teach in the temple,

the reason the Lord Almighty do not want you to have icons of things in Heaven is because that icon would become distorted and this is why the Jesus of today is a blue eyed blonde haired aryan brother man from the Mother land ....

so you might want to get rid of that crucifix with the half nude Jesus weld to it because it's a sin to have it

The OT is of the old covenant. Those who believe in Jesus also believe that he is the fullfillment of the old covenant

well they believe wrong, Jesus said that he didn't come to change the laws of Moses but to fulfilled them, you can only fulfill a law by following that law ....Jesus didn't say that you could no longer stone adulterers or unruly children ..Jesus said those who are without sin could cast the first stone

Jesus also said do not throw your pearls before swine

Jesus stated that he spoke to his twelve disciples in truth because they knew the secrets of Heaven ...but he spoke to the masses/followers in parables to confuse them .....his twelve disciples were the pearls....his followers/masses were the swine ...sorry yule liquor...but you're the swine

is Rapture Insurance covered under Obamacare?
 kidreason29
Msg: 166
Posted: 3/27/2016 6:57:01 AM
the sheep is Aries a constellation of the zodiac, hey zeus is the sun
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 167
Posted: 3/27/2016 7:27:53 AM
^

since you didn't name yourself ...is it safe to assume that you are not one of those that follow the teachings of Jesus

where did I say that I follow his teachings?

it is you that keep bringing up the fact that you belong to a group...

I keep bringing it up? Hearing voices is not a good sign!(unless they heveanly ones, but be sure to ask for ID)
What group is that?
Maybe you could fill me in on it, perhaps they offer good benefits, so that I may wanna join.

that promise to torture those that do not follow your way of thinking....that's what makes you a Radicalized Christian Extremist ...

Yet you say that I am not a follower of his teachings!

One of the ways in which to keep paranoid delusions under control is for you not to stop taking your psych pills.

Peter was following Jewish law "an eye for an eye",

so you say Peter was not a "sheep" therefore he was not a follower of Jesus!

so if the biblical Christians had guns Jesus would have lived? ....but what if the biblical Romans had Tanks

The US armed forces had tanks, B-52 bombers, rockets, satellite spying during the Vietnam war, but they still lost to a shoes-less Vietcong hiding in the jungles. Its not hardware that brings victory.

what Christians refuse to accept is the fact that Jesus wasn't a Christian.

If you knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't be saying such rubbish.
Jesus didn't come to start a whole new religion; he came to fullfil that which was prophecied in the OT,
of course he taught Jewish law in the temple, but he also taught that he WAS the Law, and he had authority to do take it down! Which is what led to his demise!

the reason the Lord Almighty do not want you to have icons of things in Heaven is because that icon would become distorted and this is why the Jesus of today is a blue eyed blonde haired aryan brother man from the Mother land

Not that I agree with images, but Ultimately it doesn't matter WTF Jesus looked like; what matters is the faith inspired by the imagery(if any). As far as Jesus looking "aryan", so what! That is a depiction of the artist who probably never saw a middle eastern man in his whole life (at that time).

The same can be said of Black Israelities or Ethiopian Christians in describing Jesus as African looking? What does it mean? Nothing, because, None of this matters!

Jesus stated that he spoke to his twelve disciples in truth because they knew the secrets of Heaven ...but he spoke to the masses/followers in parables to confuse them .....his twelve disciples were the pearls....his followers/masses were the swine ...sorry yule liquor...but you're the swine

You might wanna get yourself one of the easy to read Bible (such as the Bible for Dummies), in case you are truly interested in understanding what is being said, instead just blurting out ridiculous nonsense!

well they believe wrong,

The law was not indefinite. The coming of the Messiah trumped the law. read the OT.

is Rapture Insurance covered under Obamacare?

yes, once you pay your shrink the 6K deductible
 dragonbytes
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2016 8:42:59 AM
I would ask, why is God on an online dating site?
 funchesf
Msg: 169
Posted: 3/27/2016 9:34:34 AM

where did I say that I follow his teachings?

it's pretty obvious that you don't

I keep bringing it up? Hearing voices is not a good sign!(unless they heveanly ones, but be sure to ask for ID

you stated in "post 177" that the lord almighty was going to toast my donkey ...now here you are trying to deny it ...but anyway...posting threats about toasting my donkey is what makes you a Radicalized Christian Terrorist ..er..you don't carry a backpack do you

sPosted By: yule_liquor
you say Peter was not a "sheep" therefore he was not a follower of Jesus!

I'm saying that God's law trumps Jesus's teachings

The US armed forces had tanks, B-52 bombers, rockets, satellite spying during the Vietnam war, but they still lost to a shoes-less Vietcong hiding in the jungles. Its not hardware that brings victory.

pretty sure the United States could have dropped a nuke ....wouldn't matter where the Vietcong was hiding

but he also taught that he WAS the Law, and he had authority to do take it down!

if Jesus had the authority and was the law then why didn't Jesus use that authority to pass a non-Crucifixion law

Not that I agree with images, but Ultimately it doesn't matter WTF Jesus looked like

right..I guess you live in the land of fairies and hobbits where it doesn't make a different what someone looks like

You might wanna get yourself one of the easy to read Bible (such as the Bible for Dummies)

the bible only become an easy read for dummies if you believe what's in it ...you believe in the bible don't you
 JustinElle
Msg: 170
Posted: 3/27/2016 10:53:36 AM
Well I would congratulate any god on the business model while in effect doing no real work/wealth creation at all and ask what is the GOD business worth now.
 cassie2425
Msg: 171
Posted: 3/27/2016 4:21:31 PM
What is the god business with now?^^^^. Hell, just the Catholic Church alone whores itself out for a few billion a year. Add in the Mormons, Anglican, Evangalists, etc., and the god business is huge money. Follow the BIG money and it leads to the whores of big corporations, dictatorships and some sort of god.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 172
Posted: 3/27/2016 9:19:29 PM

it's pretty obvious ...

what is obvious to a fool, is fodder for the Devil, as he already got you believing that he does not lie!

posting threats about toasting my donkey...

I'm not the one making the threat (if that is how you see it as); just pointing out what the scriptures that you do not believe in might have in store for some! But I could be wrong, if He has perhaps slated you for something far greater than we can imagine (before you kick the bucket). See Saul of Tarsus!

I'm saying that God's law trumps Jesus's teachings

Sorry, I didn't know you were of the Jewish faith.
I mistook your Payis for dreadlocks, ...my bad!

pretty sure the United States could have dropped a nuke

Duuuh, ....pretty sure that USSR & China would have dropped a nuke in response!

why didn't Jesus use that authority to pass a non-Crucifixion law

because he chose not to listen to Satan,... you know, the dude who (you say) doesn't lie!

you believe in the bible don't you

You already said I don't follow his teachings, so you tell me!
 kj521
Msg: 173
Posted: 3/28/2016 3:50:46 AM
Why?

Just that.....and nothing more.
 kidreason29
Msg: 174
Posted: 3/28/2016 5:26:48 AM

Why?

Just that.....and nothing more.

Not specific enough. If I were God I would just say " because, 'why not?'. "
 funchesf
Msg: 175
Posted: 3/28/2016 8:21:50 AM

what is obvious to a fool, is fodder for the Devil, as he already got you believing that he does not lie!

in some shape form or fashion...everyone lies...funches 3:16 .... is your birth name "yule liquor"?

I'm not the one making the threat

in his description pertaining to judgement, the Lord almighty never use the word "toast" which means it wasn't a bible passage but a post spawned by you using your own choice of words when you threaten to toast my donkey

and that is what religious bullies and terrorists do, they make threats and blow up people and toast their donkey then hide behind the bible as a way to not take personal responsibility for their actions

I mistook your Payis for dreadlocks, ...my bad!

actually I don't have dreadlocks ....it's amazing how someone that lack the courage to show their own likeness can somehow muster up the courage to make negative comments about the likeness of others ... is it courage or gall?

Duuuh, ....pretty sure that USSR & China would have dropped a nuke in response!

either way you were wrong about hardware not winning a war ...because dropping a nuke on Vietnam would have won that war ..just like the hardware of Rome would have wiped out the followers of Jesus even if they had guns

because he chose not to listen to Satan,

Jesus didn't have any authority over Rome which is why Jesus didn't have the authority to pass an anti-Crucifixion law ...you simply must deprogram yourself from your Sunday school programming of blaming Satan for everything

You already said I don't follow his teachings, so you tell me!

fear not, I was sent by the lord almighty to place you heathens on the path to True Righteousness ...funches 3:16

did Jesus refuse to call Mary "Mother" only referring to her as "Woman" to deny her Divinity?
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > If you could ask God one question, what would it be?