Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Ouija2025
Msg: 226
RANTPage 10 of 39    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39)
what's the name of the dating site Sealady?
 sealady111
Msg: 227
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 1:39:41 PM
RSVP .Com .au
They change their top 100 daily.
Have not checked if I am still there today.
Over 55's is where I was yesterday.
Met my 18 month live in mm man there about 6 years ago. So it could just be bad luck or bad timing now.

My name there is Castlehillsmile
 Ouija2025
Msg: 228
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 2:00:57 PM
Looks like a nice site.. lots of people. Like that User name tho :/
 purplerider1200
Msg: 229
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 3:16:38 PM
There is just one thing that just puzzles the daylights out of me. We know the forums are here. I say something about it in my profile. Why don't prospective people within our age bracket and area, do a bit of research, and read our comments? That says Waaay more about us than what we could ever say in our profiles.

I'd say google my name, but I just read about another with a similar name, that is the polar opposite of me. Makes me wonder if some are doing that to gather info on me, and not paying attention to the spelling?
 2ufo
Msg: 230
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 5:39:22 PM

Why don't prospective people within our age bracket and area, do a bit of research, and read our comments? That says Waaay more about us than what we could ever say in our profiles.

Some people are lazy, some people don't like to read, and some people don't think it will matter enough to interfere with their 'happily ever after'.
 Chromis1
Msg: 231
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 6:22:49 PM

Why don't prospective people within our age bracket and area, do a bit of research, and read our comments?

Nobody has ever said a single word to me about anything I've written in these forums. We exist in a different universe here.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 232
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 7:04:10 PM
chroomis1- ^^^^^Don't we?!
I can't remember how I found the forums. (that darn, a little forgetful, thing)
Sometimes the things here make me mad, sometimes they make me sad (wait, I just rhymed), but I am forever curious about the human mind, the way it works and a lot of the time, whether they know it or not, SOME people here make me laugh or inspire me and it is the latter two that make me stay. :)
 spot4username
Msg: 233
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 7:20:48 PM
^ Back in "the day" your last five forum posts were on the bottom of your profile.

It also showed how many favorites you had . Gosh that was a cluster fvck.

The link to the forums was also at the top of the page.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 234
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 7:52:12 PM
spot4username- Are you addressing ME, here??!
If so, say so, and I will address you AND what you said here.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 235
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 7:55:38 PM
I remember that. And when they eliminated it off of the opening page, I started to not bother even looking at POF. It was just by chance I tripped over it when I googled for something else when I found it again.

Dating sites had better have an alternative form of entertainment tied to them. Me being the old curmudgeon that I am, won't shop for any prospective dates. If I want to waste my time, I'll go count the hairs on my dog's head.
 Chromis1
Msg: 236
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 7:58:24 PM
Bama, we do. Which is kinda nice - we're free to construct our own reality.

^ Back in "the day" your last five forum posts were on the bottom of your profile.

I can't decide if the elimination of this feature was a good thing, or a bad thing. I've never written anything that I'd be begging to retract so ... I dunno. Like Purplerider said, a lot more can be learned from reading our posts, than our profile. But, on the other hand, both pale in comparison to what can be learned in person.

Guess it's a wash. Guess it really doesn't matter. Guess I should just have another beer and call it a night.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 237
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 8:09:49 PM
chromis1- I, before now, was unaware of this feature.
Knowing it's there won't change how I post.
The minority are negative, the majority are positive.
I know ME, better than anyone.
I don't even know, how far back in my history of posts, that you can see, I never looked at it.
What I DO know, is who I am.
I am sometimes negative, most of the time positive, I know I change, and grow.
These forums, as addictive as they might be, are NOT a representative of ALL that I am.
You got it right, getting to know me takes meeting me in person, that's what SOME of the people in these forums seem to overlook.
I am not ONE thing, I am the sum of ALL my experiences, but I learn and I try.
I only know how to be what I am and if others could accept that FACT, maybe these forums would be even better.
You seem like a really good man. I'm glad you get it.
Enjoy your beer and ((((CHEERS))))....... :)
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 238
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 8:58:05 PM
Something like a forums are the best thing that an online single's site could have as a feature. You write a profile, you put up some pictures, you search and send messages and get messages and respond to messages...and if it's only that, then the site has a threshold of effectiveness or interest which it can never go beyond. And forget all of that gimmicky meet-me and favorite crap.

But having a forum like this...does two things which are extremely actuating, and even necessary, for catalyzing it to be what it needs to be if it's to be effective as a single's or dating site. Without it, it's relatively very sterile and ineffectual. One - It's kind of a mix-and-mingle opportunity, providing an opportunity to interact and socialize in an informal way instead of only direct one-to-one messaging which always might entail a feeling of pressure. Two - It allows people to go beyond the heap of static profiles, and exercise that dynamic of getting to know others "in action" and within different contexts, as well as within groups instead of that one-to-one limitation. Relatively, it's actual "socializing".

A close second, but only a second, is Cupid's feature of having lots of questions which allows folks to go beyond their profiles in a different way...expressing their opinions and stances on a variety of things. This is very good, but it still isn't open discussion like these forums are. And forums as part of a dating site are potentially very powerful.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 239
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 9:29:03 PM
drinkthesunwithmyface- The forums are a PART of what we ALL are.
We choose our words. Some of us get our words wrong, or have them misinterpreted, sometimes our words are exactly as we intended them to be.
The forums are a tool, one so. Given the ratio of membership in POF compared to forum participation, as far as whom we might choose as a partner......The forums are NOT be ALL that there is, when looking for a match.
While I might look at a members forum participation, what they had to say, that would NOT be ALL I considered.
The FINAL deciding factor should ALWAYS remain the same and that is meeting in person.
 VolkanoKing
Msg: 240
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 11:00:03 PM
The forums would be more active if they weren't so hidden. Why are they not clearly advertised? I guess it's supposed to prevent time wasting pinheads from posting. Although we can see how effective that strategy has been.
 sealady111
Msg: 241
RANT
Posted: 10/23/2015 11:27:03 PM
The forum on the paid website I mentioned earlier is not only linked on the front page but the site has 'experts' write an article and we can all comment.

All profiles, photos and forum posts are moderated by paid staff and edited if necessary.

Makes things take a bit longer and NOWHERE near as entertaining.
But at least they are polite and the nasties are zapped before publication.

Personally I find the way people write on here to be a wonderful insight into who they are.
But then again. I am addicted.

Seafood buffet lunch overlooking the water confirmed for tomorrow.
A first meet and we already laugh so I am looking forward to a lovely lunch.
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 242
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 12:02:50 AM
sealady

best of luck with your first meet. the venue sounds great, so how bad could it be? If you know what he looks like, have heard his voice then at least you will have a lovely lunch I am sure. The weather should be like today, so perfect for the waterfront. Have a glass of wine for me.......cheers!!
 sealady111
Msg: 243
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 12:19:12 AM
Water, sunshine, boats, seafood and a charming male lunch companion.
What could possibly go wrong?
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 244
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 3:51:59 AM
In regards to Sealady's comment on page 9:

This morning I woke up to find out I am in the Top 100 women, most popular women, on Australia's #1 paid dating site.

Okay, I was able to view your profile and pictures (today, 10-24-15) and at the bottom of the page it explained how one becomes one of the 'Top 100':

How do I get in to the top 100?
The top 100 is updated daily and features the most popular members on RSVP. Make sure you're eligible to appear in the top 100 list.To get in to the top 100, you'll just need to:
Become an RSVP member - it's free to join
Have a visible photo
Turn your Top 100 setting on
Then, we simply rank you based on the amount of contact you have sent and received, including replies. So, make sure you reply to all your Kisses and messages.

IOW, just be an ACTIVE member of the site. You're still tops today and I think it goes by age groupings of ten years so there would be what, 600 women in the Top 100 actually?

I have some comments (which may or may not be helpful) about your profiles both here and on RSVP but I won't share them unless you want me to, and maybe only privately. But they are easily guessed when one views both profiles (I was shocked at how easily I was able to view yours on RSVP, even all of the pictures!) Along the lines of 'doing the same things and expecting a different result.....' I'd really like to see you succeed. This may all be a moot point, however, as your upcoming lunch date may just have landed you 'The One'.

Please forgive the topic creep but I did not start it....
 spot4username
Msg: 245
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 4:21:24 AM

A close second, but only a second, is Cupid's feature of having lots of questions which allows folks to go beyond their profiles in a different way...expressing their opinions and stances on a variety of things. This is very good, but it still isn't open discussion like these forums are. And forums as part of a dating site are potentially very powerful.

OKC also has forums. So does Date Hookup (horrid site). The good thing about he DH forum is that you can block people. You don't see their posts and they don't see yours. There are also a few other places that have dedicated threads for popular OLD sites.
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 246
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 5:05:44 AM

Online dating can be both a blessing and a curse.

LL, I am fascinated by the vibrancy of your posted pictures and think the new one I see this morning is fabulous. I was somehow able to find your (English) blog and absolutely love your other images too, the ones that look like comic strips. Love to know how you do it.... you always look 'larger than life' in a good way.

I hope I don't get shot down for using this thread/forum for a comment to you but I loved your story about your online dating 'experiment' and why wouldn't anyone want to do that (many do, that is the downside of this medium) because it shows what it takes to be wildly successful in getting messages to your inbox. But as for finding a real relationship, of course it does not work should you meet in person.

In my case, the blessing of OLD is that it has taught me a lot about myself, against the backdrop of the opposite sex, a part of humanity I studiously avoided for half of my life. That may be the only benefit I get out of the whole thing, in addition to seeing what I 'don't want' in a man/relationship, as VK describes above.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 247
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:15:15 AM
I have consistently found, more often than not, that the Forum person is far more likely to be the "real them" than the greatest set of pics or the most fabulously written profile would indicate.

And one inescapable Forum fact. Many folks DO post here while "under the influence" of something or another.

Does that say anything at all about them?
 o0BrownEyedGirl0o
Msg: 248
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 6:41:02 AM

And one inescapable Forum fact. Many folks DO post here while "under the influence" of something or another.

Can't find what this is referring to but I have found that reading forum writings make people appear more 'real' to me.

You are the first forumite that I see is close to me geographically.
 Chromis1
Msg: 249
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 7:58:34 AM

So does Date Hookup (horrid site).

As a dating site, DH is, indeed, horrible. But the forums are lively, the posting is quick and concise, populated by some fairly bright folks,unmoderated, and the fights have become legendary. Very entertaining, to say the least.
 Seki1949
Msg: 250
view profile
History
RANT
Posted: 10/24/2015 8:34:41 AM
VK

online dating attracts the lazy, the broke, the diseases, the socially retarded, the cheap johns who want free hookers. Online turns us all into cheap commodities.

So I guess on-line hasn't worked out so well for you?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > RANT